ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by ribwich »

Thanks for the reminder on that.

Still waiting to hear from Der Hammer....
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by al4xz »

ribwich wrote:Thanks for the reminder on that.

Still waiting to hear from Der Hammer....
Yeah, we hear only bits from him, but everything he says seems to be scummy.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Juls »

al4xz wrote:A reminder to everyone - Day 1 is going to end Nov. 8th, so do watch were you place your vote. I'd much rather No Lynch than Quick-And-Thoughtless lynch.
I forgot this game had deadlines!!! I will do a re-read tomorrow morning and add something if it strikes me. I have been reading but really don't have much to add. At risk of sounding like a broken record, I really don't see much more from Sche to make me move my vote.
-------------------------------------
Juls
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by al4xz »

Juls wrote:
al4xz wrote:A reminder to everyone - Day 1 is going to end Nov. 8th, so do watch were you place your vote. I'd much rather No Lynch than Quick-And-Thoughtless lynch.
I forgot this game had deadlines!!! I will do a re-read tomorrow morning and add something if it strikes me. I have been reading but really don't have much to add. At risk of sounding like a broken record, I really don't see much more from Sche to make me move my vote.
After a Mafia game I played on a different forum ended in disastor for the town (this was only a little while ago, I was town) because we accidently lynched a Cop because of deadline, I've gone to go and check the deadline to make sure I'm not going to help the scum by lynching through deadline.

Scheh isn't making me more suspicious, but he isn't making me less suspicious either. With that in mind, I say that he's played so far mostly on honour, insults, and adrenaline. So, I guess I'll end it off with this:
Unvote
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by strife220 »

Scheh and Der are both good lynches.

al4xz, unvoting is the worse thing to do before a deadline. We need to force someone to claim before deadline hits so we can let that influence our decision. Not having your vote on your top lynch choice leads to scrambling quick-lynches at deadline, which is how cops accidentally get lynched.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

I get the impression that people here are ignoring lurkers. We've got people in here with less than five posts and even less content. That's pretty extreme inactivity.

It's also kind of odd that people are content looking at essentially two, maybe three people this entire game. We've got a week until the deadline and nothing's happening because people aren't really interested in generating content. So you guys think you know who you're going to lynch today, fantastic, but what about tomorrow? Do you really think what's been said is enough to make day two more productive than today?

I've already been accused of being insulting so I might as well add, what's with the inertia? Do so many people just not care about this game?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by strife220 »

Scheherazade wrote:I might as well add, what's with the inertia?
Ironic from the guy who has yet to make an attack or a real vote
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

I've asked a couple questions and I'm not in the habit of voting for people I think are town, even a week from the deadline.

Do you disagree? Or were you just proving my point for me?
Gerrendus
Gerrendus
Townie
Gerrendus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Gerrendus »

I'm content considering three people as suspicious becaues that's approximately how many mafia there are. I am content with my vote where it is as I have seen nothing but suspicious activity from scheh. He has yet to make any sucpicions of his own but rather seems content to bash all of the people who are claiming him as suspicious.l Now it is a good habit to not vote for people you think are town, but honestly by now there has to be some people whom have triggered your suspicions or you are not playing the game very well and reading everything thoroughly.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Vi »

I admit I forgot the deadline too...
strife 229 wrote:We need to force someone to claim before deadline hits so we can let that influence our decision.
Call me a newb, but a claim specifically? If we get, say, a Doc claim at deadline, wouldn't that be a bad thing
and
cause a quicklynch of someone else?

--------

The primary method of catching scum without relying on a role-given ability is to analyze wagons and votes. D1 features a small sample size, so it's pretty unlikely that you can use vote analysis effectively. However, it would still be beneficial to lynch someone, because it provides a serious wagon to look at and criticize later. No Lynch, the equivalent of not knowing who to vote for, keeps someone alive longer but also keeps the Town in the dark for a D2 that will look very similar to D1. Why? Because there are still no wagons that actually went to completion; there is still nobody who can take responsibility for a lynch.

--------

Scheherazade. Don't post here again without a vote for someone and a half-decent reason to back it up. ZazieR has requested this, I've requested it a few times, strife has pointed it out, etc. I don't care about your playstyle; make a decision.

Percy. All of your posts today have been against Scheherazade exclusively. 'Care to change the subject for a post or two?

Gerrendus. I like Post #6, but otherwise, same as Percy. Could you give names of others you want to look at?
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:46 am

Post by al4xz »

Alright, so now I see why you guys wish to lynch someone no matter what. We need the information, so at least SOMEONE has to die. Correct?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Juls »

Two things after doing a complete re-read:

1) I agree with Vi. Sche you need to vote.

2) Sche: What are your opinions on DerHammer? I haven't seen any mention of him in your posts. (I admit I skimmed the Percy vs. Sche parts...I just couldn't handle it a second time)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Juls »

EBWOP

Mod: Please probe the following (the inactivity is annoying and we have a deadline approaching)

Caboose - No Posts since Wednesday
DerHammer - No posts since Tuesday
Jazzmyn - No posts since Wednesday
TAX - No posts since Monday
BobHiggs - I think you are replacing?

Thank you.
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Vi »

al4xz 235 wrote:Alright, so now I see why you guys wish to lynch someone no matter what. We need the information, so at least SOMEONE has to die. Correct?
Right. BTW, the exception to this is when it is known that a very significant number of the people alive have investigative roles (Dethy, for instance).
How you choose who you vote for - and everyone
should
be voting at deadline, if not throughout D1 - is up to you, but remember that you will assume responsibility for your decision no matter what.
Juls 237 wrote:Mod: Please probe the following
O.O;
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Juls »

Prod, Probe...same thing...they both involve a stick! :p
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Vi »

I am stopping this conversation
right now
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:05 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #7 of Day 1

Scheherazade (5) -- Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, Jazzmyn, DoomCow
DerHammer (4) -- iamausername, ZazieR, ribwich, strife220
al4xz (2) -- Caboose, Vi
strife220 (1) -- DerHammer

Not Voting (4) -- Scheherazade, BobHiggs, TAX, al4xz

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!

Probing seems like an inappropriate things to do to my players :wink:

Prodding Caboose, DerHammer, Jazzmyn and TAX.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Der Hammer »

strife220 wrote:Scheh and Der are both good lynches.

al4xz, unvoting is the worse thing to do before a deadline. We need to force someone to claim before deadline hits so we can let that influence our decision. Not having your vote on your top lynch choice leads to scrambling quick-lynches at deadline, which is how cops accidentally get lynched.
This post surely is worse than anything I have said? Forcing someone to claim? That sounds pure scum tactics. If I am lynched and proven town, then come back strong looking at Strife.

Unvote, Vote:Scheh
simply on the basis that I know I am town, and if one of us has to go then if its me or him, then it has to be him.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I apologize. I could have sworn that I posted yesterday because I wrote a fairly lengthy post and hit "submit" but, sure enough, when I review the thread, it is not there.

I will attempt to recreate it and post again shortly.

Regards,
Jazz
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

Is this for real :shock:?! I've learned that it's wrong to use more than one '!', but DH's last post deserved more than one '!'.

Strife's post isn't the best, I agree, but he's kind of telling the truth. Take the next example:
SilverPhoenix and andersonw are seen as the best lynch by the other players. Deadline hits in 2 days and many players are doubting between those two players. But when SilverPhoenix claims his role, cop, and players believe him they will switch to andersonw who's a townie.

SilverPhoenix is now known as the cop by both town and scum, but if the scum roleblocker is killed, town still has a cop instead of a townie.

Then next is your reason for your vote. You vote him, to save your self? What if Scheza is a town powerrole? Then we kill a town powerrole for you. If you're a townie then you should vote the one who's the scummiest to you. As you can still win when all the mafia are dead. Even when you're dead.
Ignore the ''R''
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Der Hammer »

I'm a town player who has had a poor day. It has allowed the Mafia to have a free pass so in that aspect I apologise.

Look at the players however who have completed consistantly tryed to deflect all attention onto me while they slip by. Thats the list of players that mafia probably can be picked from on Day 2.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

First, my suspicions about Sche have not been alleviated and I see no reason to change my vote at this time.

Regarding Percy, it is possible that he was rabble rousing against Sche but I happen to agree with him about Sche
and I think he made several valid points, so I cannot interpret this as scummy. I am not, however, enamoured
of his playing the newbie card in a couple of his posts.

Regarding DerHammer, I don't find him particularly suspicious. Some have found his saying, "good start with the
scum being killed" as scummy but it didn't strike me that way, and I understood his "sarcasm" post, but I do think
he over-reacted to strife's post asking for people's opinions on the top 3 vote getters, and I don't like his early vanilla claim.

Ribwich is pinging my scumdar a bit for his vote hopping, and his discussion of setup long after it ought to have ceased.

Finally, there is something still tickling the back of my brain regarding the odd interplay between Juls and al4x back when al4x
said he was deliberately acting scummy to get a reaction from her, but it is a mere tickle.

Regards,
Jazz

EBWOP: On "preview", I see that DerHammer has voted for Sche for a dubious reason, so that consideration must be added to
what I wrote above.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Tom Mason replaces BobHiggs
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:21 am

Post by ribwich »

I'm not sure if Der Hammer is ignoring my question or if he just keeps missing it. Maybe this will make it stand out more.

Der Hammer, at what point were your posts serious?

Jazzmyn wrote:Ribwich is pinging my scumdar a bit for his vote hopping, and his discussion of setup long after it ought to have ceased.
Are you referring to my question to al4xz? It was not intended for that to lead to more setup discussion. I had just not worded it properly and the question was misinterpretted.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Juls »

Der Hammer wrote:I'm a town player who has had a poor day. It has allowed the Mafia to have a free pass so in that aspect I apologise.

Look at the players however who have completed consistantly tryed to deflect all attention onto me while they slip by. Thats the list of players that mafia probably can be picked from on Day 2.
So you are saying that you are town who has had a bad day. Therefore we should lynch Sche, completely forgive everything you have said during Day 1 and accept you as town after the lynch and concentrate on who targetted you? Why would we do that? I agree with Zazier. your reasoning is very flawed.

Fos: DerHammer
(I am getting very close to switching my vote here)
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”