Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6400 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Bell »

2 of the players went v/la and it's mother's day today. I don't really have much else to say. You know what I want.

Happy mother's day by the way.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6401 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i'll be honest im ready to die and then watch the full throw tomm because like

reading that frogster n1 pt will be worth it

im really not feeling like efforting if nobody cares
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6402 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:36 pm

i have issues with people not caring but I realize I'm in the minority and you all deserve to play the game you want to play
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #6403 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I care :^)
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #6404 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I figure GL and CSF will also care after mother's day
I prefer they, thanks :)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6405 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I care! I'm hear and going to be reading up and maybe finally picking up my reread again. I will look through Bell a lot more closely this go around
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6406 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

here* not hear jeez that does not bode well for how much I need to engage my brain now lmao
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6407 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6222, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If GuiltyLion is in the PT claiming that he will vote for Pooky - then scum in PT have no reason to blow GLion up.
I was towncasing you in the PT and waffling between Enchant/Andante
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6408 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6234, Dwlee99 wrote:Point about being able to lie about what GL said is true, but if I were in there I know I won't lie about it and so getting more time for conftown opinion seems good to me.
I've already said this but to be explicitly clear, I would not blow up anyone except Andante, mainly/primarily because she already has a defuse

so if I am an expert and die and somebody claims I decided to blow up the bomb in the PT, that is a lie
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6409 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

Then why you need to be in expert team?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6410 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 6243, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 6241, Enchant wrote:Depends if scum makes it in expert team and will able to blow up.
the last scum is a switcher so pretty sure they can just switch themselves into the team even if they dont get voted in
oh I don't think I need to be an expert, I think you are right that it's actually better to shrink scum's pool of defusers by nominating two uncleared players

I just wanted it on record in case y'all do make me an expert that I'm not going to blow up the bomb

as for experts, I think we should go with
HEAL: Dwlee99
HEAL: Cat Scratch Fever
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6411 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

whoops, didn't mean to quote that Pooky post
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6412 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Enchant »

BUT IT WAS MY IDEA.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6413 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VC 1.07
In post 991, Datisi wrote:
fireisredsir [4]:
Bell,
Menalque
, Dwlee99,
Malakittens

Morning Tweet [4]:
Cephrir, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, Titus

VP Baltar [3]:
Frogsterking
, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
GuiltyLion [1]:
Morning Tweet

Cephrir [1]:
Greeting

Frogsterking [1]:
StrangeMatter

StrangeMatter [1]:
VP Baltar

not voting [5]:
Andresvmb
, Andante,
catboi
, The Bulge
VC 1.09
In post 1268, Datisi wrote:
Morning Tweet [4]:
Cephrir, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, Titus

fireisredsir [3]:
Bell,
Menalque
Malakittens

VP Baltar [3]:
Frogsterking
, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
GuiltyLion [2]:
Morning Tweet
, Dwlee99
Frogsterking [1]:
StrangeMatter

StrangeMatter [1]:
VP Baltar

not voting [5]:
Andresvmb
, Andante,
catboi
, Enchant,
Greeting
I feel these are informative VCs, we have 4 confirmed town all voting a scum, so scum are likely maneuvering around that. Dwlee unvoting fire and moving to me is ++town I believe, as they were dismantling a counterwagon to scum. Pooky and CSF both parking their votes on VPB when there was a fair amount of suspicion on VPB through D1 are good looks. Enchant would later go on to vanity vote catboi, absolutely not a useful vote. I'm remembering that I really have not liked any of Enchant's voting behavior this entire game.

Dwlee I don't think you should put a ton of stock into Enchant's healing everyone or suggesting to put scummy players in the initial N1 bomb expert groups. Words are cheap, Enchant didn't really do much to actually try to shove a scum into the town block so I don't think it's strong evidence for him being town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6414 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Later we have an Andres wagon spring up
In post 1875, Datisi wrote:
fireisredsir [5]:
Bell,
Menalque
Malakittens
catboi
, Dwlee99
Andresvmb [5]:
Frogsterking
VP Baltar
, Cat Scratch Fever,
Mistyx
fireisredsir

Mistyx [4]:
Cephrir, GuiltyLion, Titus
, Andante
VP Baltar [1]:
PookyTheMagicalBear
Frogsterking [1]:
StrangeMatter

catboi [1]:
Enchant

not voting [2]:
Andresvmb, Greeting
Andante hopping on Misty wagon is +++town. keeping in mind too Tweet/Misty had the strongest scum PR. I doubt CSF is scum in this VC as well just because I rarely if ever see three scum all bloc together on a wagon like that, especially since the fire wagon still had a lot of legs, there'd be no need to push a new wagon
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6415 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Pooky, why are you townreading Enchant?

I am considering you town here but I don't vibe with the Bell scumread at all really. I'm going to keep doing my homework today but it feels like you pivoted to Bell when I and others indicated we thought Enchant defusing my bomb was a townie action. I would think if you are town Enchant would be the first person I'd flip so I want to understand what prompted you to rule him out
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6416 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2187, Datisi wrote:Menalque, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever, Cephrir - group 2 bomb experts
VP Baltar - group 2 bomb defuser
Part of the reason I can't ever feel truly good about a Pooky townread is this

why would scum!VPB put himself in a hood with four townies one of whom has been scumreading and voting him all day

it just seems like it makes much more sense in the world where Pooky is scum and can decide to either:

1. blow up VPB and reap towncred for it all game
or
2. if consensus seems like they want to defuse, roll with consensus to make sure his buddy lives and gets a defuse
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6417 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, what do we think scum was informed of via Mala's role? The only thing I can think would make sense is the existence of (probably) 4 protectives
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6418 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've been reading pages 50-90 but barely gleaned anything useful from it, a lot of the thread energy during that time is dead players sorting fire/Andres

Gonna take a break now but be back later
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6419 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 6404, Dwlee99 wrote:I figure GL and CSF will also care after mother's day
yes! I'm back from V/LA, and I never got to finish my reread yesterday

and I'm rereading today's posts right now because I've been skimming here and there
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6420 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:10 pm

In post 6408, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6234, Dwlee99 wrote:Point about being able to lie about what GL said is true, but if I were in there I know I won't lie about it and so getting more time for conftown opinion seems good to me.
I've already said this but to be explicitly clear, I would not blow up anyone except Andante, mainly/primarily because she already has a defuse

so if I am an expert and die and somebody claims I decided to blow up the bomb in the PT, that is a lie
I think it makes sense to blow up the person tonight because Elo at 4/5 is exactly the same thing and at 4 you have more information than at 5.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6421 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:18 pm

In post 6415, GuiltyLion wrote:Pooky, why are you townreading Enchant?

I am considering you town here but I don't vibe with the Bell scumread at all really. I'm going to keep doing my homework today but it feels like you pivoted to Bell when I and others indicated we thought Enchant defusing my bomb was a townie action. I would think if you are town Enchant would be the first person I'd flip so I want to understand what prompted you to rule him out

I didn't like how Bell said we should deadsheep Mena and eliminate Pooky->Enchant because it feels like playing on autopilot.

I find town that are looking for the last scum in a large theme often lose because of playing on autopilot and just going down the POE because they made a decision on someone's alignment too early and they stopped re-evaluating as the game went on.

Like in Death Curse - last scum was
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6422 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:22 pm

I didn't like how Bell said we should deadsheep Mena and eliminate Pooky->Enchant because it feels like playing on autopilot.

I find town that are looking for the last scum in a large theme often lose because of playing on autopilot and just going down the POE because they made a decision on someone's alignment too early and they stopped re-evaluating as the game went on.

Like in Death Curse - last scum was literally the top townread of the entire town for reasons that actually on re-examination were nonsensical.

And Bell also pushed me and killed me as the last elimination before ELO and we managed to turn things around by shaking out every slot and figuring out it was actually Noraa with a very high degree of certainty.

I am telling Bell the exact same thing here and he just doesn't care. Except this time there is no Pooky with a scroll that can save everyone cuz me dying is actually dying here. You guys are going to have to figure it out on your own tommorrow.

And like Bell just doesn't give a fuck. He recognizes what the game state is - he knows I'm probably getting eliminated today and he's not interested at all in hashing things out with me - he just wants to get my elimination over with.

I don't think Town!him treats me with that level of "idgaf" cuz like he's not actually good at reading me and he's not been right about a single thing this game so I don't get how he thinks it's ok to just turn off his thinking cap and plug away like flipping me is going to end the game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6423 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 pm

I am not good at reading Enchant because Enchant doesn't really care and it's very hard for me to read intentionality of people who don't care.

Like even now he is saying he wants to eliminate me but he doesn't suspect me.??

that's just how he plays the game because he has a policy of not caring very much.

I guess I would like to be more like him and care less.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6424 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:34 pm

I am not a POE player because I think it doesn't make for meaningful conversations/games and I find it can fail many times if people subvert meta or try to shift their meta.

I constantly try to incorporate parts of my town game into my scum game because I think it's the ideal way to improve your scum game.

I am actively scumreading multiple actions Bell has undertaken this game and I'd love to talk to people about them or things you are town-reading Bell for.

these include:

(a) fluffy/nonexistent interactions with scum partners on D1[soft defenses etc]
(b) pushed multiple town elims with little re-evaluation
(c) tried to sow paranoia in an all town Cephrir-Titus-Pooky-GLion hood and then they started dying[Cephrir, Titus]
(d) did not try very hard to join the expert team on d1 (convenient because one of them was framed)
(e) not really being very solvy or showing any depth/nuance of thought - everything feels like a one dimensional caricature of a death tunnel [kill fire, kill SM, kill Pooky]
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”