Newbie 2093 | New Wave | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Malakittens »

interesting.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

TistDaniel really is a strong player then.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1076, furtiveglance wrote:TistDaniel really is a strong player then.
?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:42 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 4.04

furtiveglance (1):
BigTerp

Not Voting (2):
furtiveglance, Malakittens

With 3 alive, it's 2 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 3 is May 17 at 4:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-05-14 16:00:00)
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 am

Post by BigTerp »

furtiveglance wrote: Terp had Val null in , then later called Val town agreeing with Corn, subtlely giving him towncred.
Val had 6 whole posts at this point in the game. Exactly why I had them as a null read. Hard to gage a read on someone with such little content. FWIW, I had the same read on several other players in that post for the same reason of lack on content. I don't recall agreeing with Corn that Val was town, but I'm not denying my town read on Val in the slightest.
furtiveglance wrote:Terp also shadowed my push on abdbla all game, openly townread Val and pushed against TistDaniel wanting to vote him yesterday.
Sure did. You did a good job running up abdbla, and getting others to join. The day 1 accidental hammer of Take by Aspho must've had you and Val licking your chops. You KNEW that day 2 would be an easy miselim of Abdbla at that point, and I feel right into it.

I openly townread Val, because up until you confirmed they were scum I was thoroughly convinced they were town. Val had me pocketed HARD. You can go back and re-read the open townreads we had on each other. Not something I believe scum to do so bodly. And I absolutely felt that Daniel had the wrong read and was going to cost town the game. But then you came in and confirmed Val as scum.
furtiveglance wrote:Today he's made some bizarre leaps of logic and was pretty clearly eager to vote early on - it's different to how he played previously this game.
They are far from bizarre. Once you flip red and town wins, everyone will see how much sense it all makes. But to address how I'm playing "different" it's because I have you figured out as Val's scum buddy. And I've had it figured out since the moment you came on and didn't vote Val at the end of day 3. So yeah, I was ready to vote you the moment day 4 started. And I made it known.
furtiveglance wrote:You can also clearly see in his early posting that he's appealing to you - he knows you're town.
Again, from my end, I know you're scum. I had the slightest hesitation here . But after typing it out and hearing Mala's response, it further cemented my thoughts that you are scum. You can read about that here . And yeah, you can easily see my progression to reading Mala as town and you as scum. I've spelled it out many times.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 5:59 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1077, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1076, furtiveglance wrote:TistDaniel really is a strong player then.
?
Daniel had me as their other top scum read after Val. Furtive is insinuating that Daniel had the solve figured out of a Val/BigTerp scum team.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry

I know i'll prob be cursed at by not going with the confirmed town read vs the scum read

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Malakittens »

I just dont see FG being town, TistDaniel. I really don't

VOTE: fg

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:03 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 4.05

furtiveglance (2):
BigTerp, Malakittens

Not Voting (1):
furtiveglance

With 3 alive, it took 2 to eliminate.
Last edited by catboi on Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:09 am

Post by catboi »

furtiveglance
was eliminated Day 4.

He was a...
Spoiler:
Mafia Roleblocker
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:11 am

Post by catboi »

Congratulations to the
Spoiler:
town
of
Malakittens, BigTerp, CornPuffBuddha, TistDaniel, abdbla, Takemikazuchi02, and ItalianoVD
for winning Newbie 2093!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:13 am

Post by catboi »

PTs:

Dead/Spectator: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89328
Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89297
Mod: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89293

Mafia have 24 hours to request redactions to their PT.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:21 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Good job Mala! I was so sure you were making a big mistake. Good thing furtive killed me, or I would have lost this game.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:47 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Also, hope Ash is ok. She seems to be going through something.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Val89 »

Congratulations town!

BigTerp, I know you are asking yourself if I was pocketing you the entire time, and there might have been a some element of that, but in the whole, I was attempting to mimic my town game as closely as possible, and I though you played an excellent game. You will see when it is released that I said in the Mafia PT that, I know I was coming from a informed perspective, but I had no idea why Mala was scum reading you D2, and I am confident town me would have approached your slot the same way. You were playing in such a manner that, had we not have to PR hunt once Italiano had claimed and we knew there was JK out there, I absolutely would have pushed to eliminate you N1, even over the more experienced players because of the threat you would have (and did) pose.

Like I did with abdbla in the spec thread, please allow me to place my admiration for your town game on record. You might not have correctly deduced my alignment, but essentially everyone also fell into that bucket, and I thought you did exceptionally well and I am not at all surprised you ended up being the kingmaker there once the game had been shook up by the replacement.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I still can't see why abdbla was the day 2 elim, but then again I'd have Elimed terp, so what do I know!

A really good elo, guys.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I still can't see why abdbla was the day 2 elim, but then again I'd have Elimed terp, so what do I know!

A really good elo, guys.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

A really good elo, guys.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Well played town. Val, you were scum MVP. Good game all round
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:09 am

Post by TistDaniel »

I wouldn't have gone for Terp on D2, but damn I would have pushed him hard D4. I spent so much of D4 wishing that I'd spent more time making a case on Terp rather than letting Val control the conversation.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

In post 459, furtiveglance wrote:T02: In the nicest way possible, consider replacing out. Either that or change your attitude because it's making the game less fun.
How is this an acceptable thing to say? In a newbie game too.
In the nicest way possible, fuck both you and val and I never want to play with any of you ever again.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

i'm really sorry take.

and i do apologize for my comment as well

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1095, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 459, furtiveglance wrote:T02: In the nicest way possible, consider replacing out. Either that or change your attitude because it's making the game less fun.
How is this an acceptable thing to say? In a newbie game too.
In the nicest way possible, fuck both you and val and I never want to play with any of you ever again.
It's not and it's against the rules to talk about replacements in-game. I didn't step in at the time because Italiano was quick to offer a correction and I generally prefer to keep my involvement in games to a minimum, although in hindsight I possibly should have affirmed that it's against the rules. I don't hold it against furtive for not knowing given his inexperience, but in the future, absolutely do not suggest that another player should replace out.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:27 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1087, TistDaniel wrote:Good job Mala! I was so sure you were making a big mistake. Good thing furtive killed me, or I would have lost this game.
Yep, Mala played a great game. Final day hinged on Mala, and I was pretty confident they also had a scum read on Furtive. Furtive did all he could day 4 but the damage, IMO, was already done.

Val played an EXCELLENT scum game. Nothing particular to point out, but man, I had them as by biggest town read right up until the point I played the hammer vote. It was such a 180 from me that it was hard to comprehend. But I knew they were scum once Furtive came in and didn't vote. Still took a lot for me to vote Val there. Great game Val!!
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 7:36 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 1089, Val89 wrote:Congratulations town!

BigTerp, I know you are asking yourself if I was pocketing you the entire time, and there might have been a some element of that, but in the whole, I was attempting to mimic my town game as closely as possible, and I though you played an excellent game. You will see when it is released that I said in the Mafia PT that, I know I was coming from a informed perspective, but I had no idea why Mala was scum reading you D2, and I am confident town me would have approached your slot the same way. You were playing in such a manner that, had we not have to PR hunt once Italiano had claimed and we knew there was JK out there, I absolutely would have pushed to eliminate you N1, even over the more experienced players because of the threat you would have (and did) pose.

Like I did with abdbla in the spec thread, please allow me to place my admiration for your town game on record. You might not have correctly deduced my alignment, but essentially everyone also fell into that bucket, and I thought you did exceptionally well and I am not at all surprised you ended up being the kingmaker there once the game had been shook up by the replacement.
Thanks!! Like I said, you played an excellent scum game. I was ready to miselim Mala with you right up until I hammered. That shows how much you had me fooled. I think I even listed a Val/Furtive scum team as the LEAST likely shortly before that as well.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”