RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Townsided *
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3811, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 3802, MathBlade wrote:Nah I just poisoned the well.

The setup has way too much TPR.

A newbie game gives scum a roleblocker against cop doc. This has two cops and a half doc.

So yeah definitely needed something to help there.
No, I don't think that this setup had too much TPR.
But it had too much ITPR.
2 investigative roles + 1 gated Jailkeeper is way too much investigative and roleblocking power. In the worst case you get full guilties(against every single mafia).
@RC there you go.

This needs the gunsmith even night and lazy tracker odd night and maybe that works. Or if neither of those remove the simple JK.

All together leads to > 50% odds of guilty which needs a defense.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:44 am

I sim this setup as sub 50% odds of a town win. I can't really help beyond that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3827, RadiantCowbells wrote:I sim this setup as sub 50% odds of a town win. I can't really help beyond that.
Then imho your sim is flawed.

A n1 guilty is the expected result in this scenario and with that town’s more often than not win unless it’s prepared for.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

The only reason this was close is because town imploded and mass claimed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 3823, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i did what i had to do. sorry i had to play that card, malakittens. yes, the constant bugging was on purpose because it gave me positive results. social is part of the game, i guess.

please take the time off when you absolutely need it, though. some forum game for a site of 75~ people isn't worth the mental fatigue.
Between you & roden.
Then I had KOOPA and FL. I legit had enough of the game.

As for mafia making this a mental fatigue has nothing to do with it tbh. Math is already aware of the situation I got going on. I’m actively just placing my heart into a meat grinder every day talking to a girl (who I’ll prob never be with), but she’s actively amazing to be around. However my home life is starting to make me depressed and what not. So between that and everything I kinda have been wanting to just roll into a ball and die. I also snapped at her a week ago and now everything is weird and im kinda just over it. (She might be acting weird bc she might have figured out im gay since it’s not something known at my one job)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:48 am

I think you drastically underrate several things

1) The scum can convince town that a mafia doctor exists and render all their clears useless. Because of this no slots will actually end up cleared if scum approach it properly.

2) Gunsmith guilty is 50% likely to be town. Role cop automatically claims out of it, experienced scum can dodge it.

3) Tracker in 13p is an extremely low power role and the lazy affix takes away it's best use condition.

I don't think that my sim is flawed. The closest thing to evidence i have for that is that I expected 55% winrate for the newbie setup and hit that within 2%.

I believe that people have a very poor sense of how power roles actually impact the game: for example I'm sure a Cop Jailkeeper setup vs goons would have raised no questions but this version of the game is better for scum in basically every way
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:48 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

it was scumsided because mathblade was op
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:49 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

i hope you feel better malakittens
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:50 am

I think that you have an issue where you overrated the harm done to scum teams by a member being guiltied. Typically a guiltied scum team member is one that was already in the line of fire anyway and often would have been limmed before endgame anyway. If that's the case all the guilty does is tells scum who to shoot.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:52 am

This game gives scum an incredible amount of outplay potential inherent to gunsmith setups. Frankly i would not have passed this because i think it's too easy for scum. If the knowledge is publicly available that scum win 60% of normal games and people still want to complain about setups like this I'm not quite sure what solution you want exactly. Barring making any claim about objectivity of balance, what winrate do you want to see for scum empirically, 70%?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3828, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3827, RadiantCowbells wrote:I sim this setup as sub 50% odds of a town win. I can't really help beyond that.

A n1 guilty is the expected result in this scenario and with that town’s more often than not win unless it’s prepared for.
only the tracker and the jk could get guilties n1
a jk guilty is inconclusive and a tracker guilty is highly unlikely
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3835, RadiantCowbells wrote:This game gives scum an incredible amount of outplay potential inherent to gunsmith setups. Frankly i would not have passed this because i think it's too easy for scum. If the knowledge is publicly available that scum win 60% of normal games and people still want to complain about setups like this I'm not quite sure what solution you want exactly. Barring making any claim about objectivity of balance, what winrate do you want to see for scum empirically, 70%?
The win rates for scum go up the more PRs added.

It’s counter intuitive but VTs check out here.

I will respond to what you have earlier.

There’s only so much PR that should exist and shouldn’t need good scum like you or me to have a chance.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3836, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3828, MathBlade wrote:

only the tracker and the jk could get guilties n1
a jk guilty is inconclusive and a tracker guilty is highly unlikely
Gunsmith can get guilty N1.

If gunsmith hadn’t claimed and didn’t know what was safe and try the majority of scum safe claims jk/vig enabler
They die
The VTs can’t claim rolecop because then soon as buddy dies they do.

Gunsmith is a 100% cop
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Gunsmith was even night
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 am

I think scum that have no coherence of strategy, don't attempt to play to outs, lie down and die because GS guilty instead of claiming, don't have any initiative to push things themselves should lose. I think that town who don't do this kind of stuff lose. I don't think the execution requirements as scum should be lower than as town. Balancing around scum who flail and lurk and town who actively attempt to solve and make good night actions is... not my vision of how games should be balanced.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 am

Also gunsmith is like 1/3 as good as a cop max
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait nvm
I think it being even-night would have been fair
<Embrace The Void>

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 am

With the every other night modifier
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2885, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:koopashell died last night. He was a
Town Odd-night Gunsmith

It is now Day 2!

Spoiler: good morning!
@Gamma Nope odd night

Even night would have been better
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3840, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think scum that have no coherence of strategy, don't attempt to play to outs, lie down and die because GS guilty instead of claiming, don't have any initiative to push things themselves should lose. I think that town who don't do this kind of stuff lose. I don't think the execution requirements as scum should be lower than as town. Balancing around scum who flail and lurk and town who actively attempt to solve and make good night actions is... not my vision of how games should be balanced.
Scum shouldn’t be forced to a certain playstyle.

My scum playstyle is towns miselim each other.

I play to outs and am good scum

But taking away all the outs and saying “be good” is not the answer
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:04 am

I don't think so because as I pointed out i believe that as odd night the game is already weighted for scum not town. Lazy tracker is going to do nothing relevant to town wincon most games. Jailkeeper being simple gives scum a lot of leeway in how to approach the game in general.

Wdym you have no outs. Claim a role with a gun. Setup spec. Push that scum has a doc. Do the things that increase your wr instead of being a passive participant in the setup.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

There is absolutely no fake claim for the goon that works on a GS guilty.

Rolecop claiming only buys you a day or two at most.

I really think how the NRG balances things is flawed fundamentally

If you can’t answer how scum win a setup it’s not balanced.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:05 am

In post 3847, MathBlade wrote:There is absolutely no fake claim for the goon that works on a GS guilty.

Rolecop claiming only buys you a day or two at most.

I really think how the NRG balances things is flawed fundamentally

If you can’t answer how scum win a setup it’s not balanced.
You have a billion ways to win this game lol

Even if you don't convince town that scum has a doc and don't manage to postpone or dodhe getting guilty limmed from GS there's just not so much power that the game is impossible and Mr. Backup Vigilante is super mislimmable
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3846, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think so because as I pointed out i believe that as odd night the game is already weighted for scum not town. Lazy tracker is going to do nothing relevant to town wincon most games. Jailkeeper being simple gives scum a lot of leeway in how to approach the game in general.

Wdym you have no outs. Claim a role with a gun. Setup spec. Push that scum has a doc. Do the things that increase your wr instead of being a passive participant in the setup.
There is no role that can be claimed
JK << gets counter claimed
Cop << won’t be in a setup with a gs
Rolecop << scum has it
Vig / vig enabler << doesn’t work in a normal (does in theme)

Once a VT gets guiltied by a GS they’re on a timer of how fast they die
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”