Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Mr. Flay, the whole reasoning is that mafia is less likely to look scummy on day 1 because they have more info than everyone, and arent feeling around in the dark. Also is that an experienced player is much better at avoiding lynch even if they are mafia, so it's better to lynch an experienced player so in subsequent rounds if a newbie is playing mafia it will be easier to tell. (verbatim what IS said earlier)
I did?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:56 pm

Post by justinl »

I swear
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:45 pm

Post by nonny »

This is just some stuff i gathered from reading...my opinions and that is it. By post number b/c quoting would take up to much room.

Post 40: Dourgrim states that no cop would come out on day one and his sanity is not verified. Does he know something we don’t?

Post 52: Maverick that is crap logic. Not saying the dourgrim is evil but if we lynched a newbie and they are evil we got luck but if we didn’t and they are still evil it would be easier to spot. Same situation with an expierenced player but we wouldn’t catch them, most likely.

Agreeing with post 53by dourgirm except for the role claim….little to anxouis, and to willing maybe a plot to get people to not vote because he is willing to claim.

Post 70: MoS I never random vote lately don’t like it much.

Dour and tally going in circles and seem to be saying the same things though I have to agree with tally not dour here.

Jusitn…IS’s logic convinced you? What logic??

Post 97: um she Mr. Flay…thanks

Post 108 I agree with mav there

Personally i have seen tally play like this on day one in chat room gamesb ut htose are of course quiet different. She isn't exactly scrambling to save her self either which ussually is a sign of confidence or stupidity. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt though.

Dourgirm has been fighting to save himself since his second vote and started the whole thing between tally over something somewaht meaningless and from what i could tell some what farfetched.

Justin seems to be agreeing with IS which I find quite odda nd what is this about IS logic? I didn't know that existed!

I personally find dourgirm to be suspicous because of how he has been acting likea fish out of water.

Sorry for my lurking i didn't intend for it to occur.

VOTE DOURGRIM
*insert bad joke here*
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

justinl wrote:I swear
You kiss your mother with that mouth? Seriously, though, I just looked back through IS's posts looking for said quote (as nonny said, looking for the fabled IS Logic), and he said nothing of the sort.

I *think* you meant Dourgrim, who said
"but that's the reasoning behind why Day One bandwagons are supposed to be random... at least by IS's way of thinking."
(post 53), so it seems like it could be an innocent mistake, but you're not doing yourself any favors in my eyes with this sort of shooting-from-the-hip.

Other than justinl, I'm still looking at Assasin and Talitha (and IS, of course), and MoS for seeming to parrot what everyone else is saying without really coming up with anything on his own. "you've got a point there..." seems to be his favorite phrase.

Finally, for the record...
Talitha wrote:
I just want to know why it never entered your head at any point that Assasin could be a cop.
Why? Because it never entered my head that a cop would *out* himself in such a disastrous way on Day 1
in his very first two posts
. I'm sure it's happened (I read the game where Stimpy did it with no night results), but it seemed inconceivable. So the other option is that it was a random vote, but since it didn't look random, it seemed that it was supposed to look convincing in order to start suspicion of Dourgrim.. which seems to have worked. So whatever the result of Dourgrim's innocence, Assasin may have been a lot more effective than I gave him credit for.

Unvote: Talitha
Not to say I won't put it back on, but I need to do a full readthrough again before I'm sure of where my vote should land.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

justinl wrote:I swear
You kiss your mother with that mouth? Seriously, though, I just looked back through IS's posts looking for said quote (as nonny said, looking for the fabled IS Logic), and he said nothing of the sort.

I *think* you meant Dourgrim, who said
"but that's the reasoning behind why Day One bandwagons are supposed to be random... at least by IS's way of thinking."
(post 53), so it seems like it could be an innocent mistake, but you're not doing yourself any favors in my eyes with this sort of shooting-from-the-hip.

Other than justinl, I'm still looking at Assasin and Talitha (and IS, of course), and MoS for seeming to parrot what everyone else is saying without really coming up with anything on his own. "you've got a point there..." seems to be his favorite phrase.

Finally, for the record...
Talitha wrote:
I just want to know why it never entered your head at any point that Assasin could be a cop.
Why? Because it never entered my head that a cop would *out* himself in such a disastrous way on Day 1
in his very first two posts
. I'm sure it's happened (I read the game where Stimpy did it with no night results), but it seemed inconceivable. So the other option is that it was a random vote, but since it didn't look random, it seemed that it was supposed to look convincing in order to start suspicion of Dourgrim.. which seems to have worked. So whatever the result of Dourgrim's innocence, Assasin may have been a lot more effective than I gave him credit for.

Unvote: Talitha
Not to say I won't put it back on, but I need to do a full readthrough again before I'm sure of where my vote should land.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:20 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mr. Flay wrote:Other than justinl, I'm still looking at Assasin and Talitha (and IS, of course), and MoS for seeming to parrot what everyone else is saying without really coming up with anything on his own. "you've got a point there..." seems to be his favorite phrase.
you
might
havea point there, Mr. Flay, except for the fact that
I was the first one to go after Talitha
...couldn't have been parroting anyone then, could I? The only time I ever said I agreed with anyone's points was when I revoted Talitha because Dourgrim's points
in addition
to my own were enough evidence for me to put my vote somewhere.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:22 am

gah! damn spacebar isn't working...I hate using computer labs...the comps always suck...you don't know how much effort I'm going through to get this post spaced out... :x
Permanent V/LA.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Maverick »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:

The only time I ever said I agreed with anyone's points was when I revoted Talitha because Dourgrim's points in addition to my own were enough evidence for me to put my vote somewhere.
You sort of agreed to my point made in post 110, in post 111. Just thought I'd correct you, you have agreed with some points.

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:12 pm

I still dont see a reason as to why I should switch
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

How about the fact that Assasin has posted elsewhere on the site, but not in this thread?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, work is demanding that I actually, well, work this week. Between that and holidays, I've been able to glance at the threads I'm in but not really formulate a response yet. I should get a chance to post Saturday afternoon...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:28 am

Maverick wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

The only time I ever said I agreed with anyone's points was when I revoted Talitha because Dourgrim's points in addition to my own were enough evidence for me to put my vote somewhere.
You sort of agreed to my point made in post 110, in post 111. Just thought I'd correct you, you have agreed with some points.

*Maverick*
thnx for pointing that out...I didn't see it before because I felt it was more like you reminded me of my earlier points, instead of having another idea I agreed with...but it certainly could fall in that category...
Permanent V/LA.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:46 am

Post by nonny »

do i need to request a replacment from the mod....?? leaveing tonight.
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:02 am

Post by Talitha »

I'd be happy to just keep you in the game. Things are going to stall over Christmas anyway. But yeah - up to cubs.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:48 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Hello, all. Haven't checked in for a couple of days... sorry.

Lurker hunting is all well and good, but once again I'll say it: I would much rather replace than lynch. I leave the actual decision up to His Modness, of course, but I'd rather we have a chance to replace those who do not participate than just blindly lynch them.

And, to be honest, I see no reason to change my vote either. Tally suddenly drops the "spat" she's been having with me in order to flush out lurkers? Something's not right here...

I'll give the entire thread another readthrough sometime this weekend and try to post again then.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:11 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Not going to replace nonny since it's the holidays and I don't expect posting will be too heavy anyways. Will send out a prod to those who need it tonight.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:51 am

Post by Talitha »

Dourgrim:
Who
is suggesting blindly lynching anyone?

Assasin: Are you there? Speak up please. If you do I may switch my vote back to Dourgrim.
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:00 pm

Post by Assasin »

I'm here but I'm having trouble taking all of this in and am trying to find the right words to say (i'm a noob and not sure of what to do?). Sorry if it looked like I was lurking I didn't mean to :oops:
I will eventually kill you all.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:45 pm

Post by nonny »

Cubsfan4life wrote:Not going to replace nonny since it's the holidays and I don't expect posting will be too heavy anyways. Will send out a prod to those who need it tonight.
okay then i shall be gone starting tongiht......
*insert bad joke here*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

I have to say you're looking quite suspicious by sitting there and not saying anything Assasin.

But I don't like to lynch newbies on Day 1, even if they are wearing a badge that says 'I'm scum' on it.

unvote: Assasin

I'll wait for a vote count.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:42 am

I thought you were still voting for Dourgrim. You know Dourgrim still hasnt done anything to convince anyone that he isnt scum.
Show

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:10 am

Post by Talitha »

I know.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:46 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Vote Count

Dourgrim- 3 (Internet Stranger, Assasin, nonny)
Talitha- 3 (Dourgrim, Mastermind of Sin, Maverick)
justinl- 1 (tick)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (KingEnigma)

Not Voting: justinl, Mr. Flay, Talitha

With 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:20 am

Post by Talitha »

revote: Dourgrim

The other wagon isn't as appealing.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Other than justinl, I'm still looking at Assasin and Talitha (and IS, of course), and MoS for seeming to parrot what everyone else is saying without really coming up with anything on his own. "you've got a point there..." seems to be his favorite phrase.
you
might
havea point there, Mr. Flay, except for the fact that
I was the first one to go after Talitha
...couldn't have been parroting anyone then, could I? The only time I ever said I agreed with anyone's points was when I revoted Talitha because Dourgrim's points
in addition
to my own were enough evidence for me to put my vote somewhere.
I call BS, Mastermind:
Post 8: Echoing my suspicion of KE in post 7 for his vote on you.
Post 36: "hmmm, Tally's got a point there..." after her post 35 about my vote on Assasin
Post 70: "yup, nonny has made just the one post" after my post 69 about the same thing.
Post 91: "you've got a point there...", after Maverick complained in post 90 about there not being much to go on..
Post 93: "good point, tick..." after tick's post 92.
Post 111: "yes, Tally, you never really explained yourself well there..." after Maverick's post 110 (as he mentioned a little bit above)

Each time, you're posting immediately after someone else, and saying essentially the same thing. It's not the entirety of your posts but it is a trend I noticed... still rereading the rest of the thread, not ready to vote yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”