Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Meuh, your points on page 52 felt like solid enough reasons for you to think that marci is scum, and I can even see where you got to gorilla being a possible partner - but why in this scenario would you go for gorilla first over marci?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1310, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1307, Dunnstral wrote:
In [url=hMarci?/forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13391310#p13391310]post 1305[/url], SirCakez wrote:Feels more like his scum meta again
Prove it

Show us how that's my scum meta
I easily could and you know that
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Did not mean to hit submit lol.

Cakez, a while back I did a bunch of meta to calculate Dunns dat 1 activity compared to his alignment, and found fairly consistently that he was more active as scum and more likely to just lurk our day 1 as town

It is not 100%, but across a multitude of games as both alignments, it was a pretty clear trend.

I do not think that the meta point you are making about Dunn is valid in any way.

I have found that Dunn activity level is pretty clearly tied to how invested he is in a game. That is independent from gis alignment but being scum inherently make him more invested, although he can get invested day 1 in games as town as well if for example he is excited by the set up or the player list.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Kovu »

VOTE: Mala
Also, if no one is gonna invictus the slots doing nothing, we literally have to lim them, and I say we start with Mala, I think we're all just universally like "yeah mala is scum"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1343, Kovu wrote:ok hold up, can someone explain more on why LLD kill clears Dwlee? I'm genuinely not understanding this, like why is Dwlee clear now?
The idea is that scum!dwlee would be too scared to kill LLD because he would suspect her to be invictus targeting him.

Not sure how good of a thought that is, but that is the idea being presented
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Kovu, is there a reason you avoided my multiple attempts to ask you about your read on me?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1296, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: gorilla

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
Don't do this cheeky garbage, if you really think gorilla is scum then make a decent argument for it

gorilla was my strongest town read yesterday and I still strongly think that he's town, he's been active in sharing reads/opinions and in trying push scumreads/wagons yesterday until deadline came up, and his reaction to VPB felt VERY don't-give-a-shit-town to me. His recent responses to Meuh reinforce that point even more.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Val89 »

Kovu, what exactly are you fucking playing at?

suggests you didn't read or factor in Mala's posting today into your worldview but now I've explicitly pointed it out to you and you've gone off on one.

Will you PLEASE read said posting, and actually think what possible reason Mala might have for coming out with a 100% unambiguous town read on a slot that did nothing publicly to justify it, enough that it drew comment from me, and then double and triple down on it when you continued to push that read? Will you then think of what that means if one or either of them are actually scum?

I'll be honest with you, I was happy to defer to the judgement of others that you are just spaffing shit around without thinking, and that makes you town; but the exact shit you are spaffing now; pushing mala while publicly declaring your invictus to be on RR, that I am struggling to see it as an accident, and if it is and you are town, getting YOU off the board today is a better idea that letting you survive into the night.

Please take a few moments to think about that, and why I would say so before saying something like "well Val is obv maf with mala and RR too", huh?
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Kovu »

I change my mind, I want Dwlee gone again, that wagon d1 was good, dwlee hasn't gotten townier since
VOTE: Dwlee

Unless they wanna start actually being towny
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:14 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1358, Kovu wrote:I change my mind, I want Dwlee gone again, that wagon d1 was good, dwlee hasn't gotten townier since

Would be very hard for them to do so given that they haven't posted since the game re-opened.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 1358, Kovu wrote:I change my mind, I want Dwlee gone again, that wagon d1 was good, dwlee hasn't gotten townier since

jk this can wait, I'm joining the Meuh wagon
VOTE: Meuh

I definitely don't tr Meuh, and I wanna say meuh and marci shar a pt, like that's how those 2 seem, both blend together here yes, I hated the "im not sheeping I had this thought!!!" thing so much, like, why is it a big deal you weren't sheeping? if that was truly your read, you'd have been voting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1340, Meuh wrote:A good bit of the reasoning would be against the rules to bring up which is meh
Do not make claims like this in any form.

If it would be against the rules to bring it up, don't discuss it or publicly claim it exists at all. I am leaving this instance up as an example and for the time since it has been posted, but expect me to make redactions and to come down more harshly in the future.

Do not discuss this instance further.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

In post 1337, Fey wrote:A Bell one was more telegraphed imho given her final posts which put more meat to the idea she disliked his posting versus a vote on Dwlee. Also that she had voted Bell before.
This seems completely false, she made it clear that she was going to give Bell one day to prove his role.
In post 1344, Kovu wrote:SS, do you care to tell us why a Dwlee lim is off the table?
I never said it was. Meuh was trying to make it that way (it seemed like), and Fey was pushing back against it.

But I think the case is pretty clear-- scum presumably want to not get invictus'd, and LLD's invictus, while hard to predict, was most likely to fall on Dwlee. Your explanation for why LLD was killed is not a counterargument to this, unless you're suggesting that scum would want LLD dead at all costs regardless of the risk of losing a member, which would be a pretty bold claim unless you had access to the scum PT.

Mena seems to like this argument, I'm not yet sure how I feel about it.
also this whole SS/Fey conversation feels like partners talking to me.. cause earlier SS was telling me like to be more cautious about my TR there, but when he's talking to fey, he's actively not SRing Fey? idk how to explain it, but this interaction feels like partners, SS killed LLD thinking dwlee is clear or something, idk!! like, why are we claearing the 2nd wagon yesterday that happened at the end?
Come on, you're literally taking a bog-standard thing for me (warning against a townread on X while not scumreading X) and fitting it to the conclusion you want to believe. I don't know what to tell you, you've played with me before, I do this all the time. (And I believe you've tunneled me for bad reasons before? I think I remember that happening.)
In post 1355, Lukewarm wrote:Kovu, is there a reason you avoided my multiple attempts to ask you about your read on me?
This post is decidedly +town.

Kovu has also moved to the realm of "I townread them, but I don't have to like it".
In post 1356, Gammagooey wrote:Don't do this cheeky garbage, if you really think gorilla is scum then make a decent argument for it
What about that post isn't "decent"? I can see asking for more in-depth explanation, but that seemed like a good-faith argument with real points.

-Reason
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@R&R
In post 1175, gorilla wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

started okay, mostly fell off, vote on lavar kind of bad, not a lot of scumhunting.
In post 1296, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: gorilla

Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 1362, Rhyme and Reason wrote:Kovu has also moved to the realm of "I townread them, but I don't have to like it".
aww if it help my invictus is no longer on yall, in fact, my poe is exactly 5 people right now if we're assuming you're town... that scares me though so yeah. good times!!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1350, Lukewarm wrote:@Meuh, your points on page 52 felt like solid enough reasons for you to think that marci is scum, and I can even see where you got to gorilla being a possible partner - but why in this scenario would you go for gorilla first over marci?
3 reasons:

1. I think we get more info out of pressuring Gorilla, who has mostly been left alone this game, than Marci, who’s been pushed a bunch already. It felt like it’d contribute more and advance the game more to vote for Gorilla. (which I stand by, Gorilla’s last few posts are juicier info than whatever Marci’s response would’ve been)
2. I’m interested in giving more merit to the ideas low activity players are putting out, to hopefully make them engage with the game more and/or get info on that player from the way the push goes from there. Similar to why I decided to vote with Lavar in .
3. Until we’re at a stage at the day where we’re headed towards is to lim someone, I like having some high impact votes, and that vote on Gorilla would be high impact. For the way it goes against a lot of people’s views on the game, and also since Enchant already had a vote there, making it more meaningful.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1360, Kovu wrote:

I definitely don't tr Meuh, and I wanna say meuh and marci shar a pt, like that's how those 2 seem, both blend together here yes, I hated the "im not sheeping I had this thought!!!" thing so much, like, why is it a big deal you weren't sheeping?
if that was truly your read, you'd have been voting.
…but it wasn’t my read. As I’ve already said, Enchant’s vote prompted me to check out Gorilla’s ISO.
I didn’t really like it, and so I decided to push there.
Also why exactly are Marci and I sharing a pt? We talk in some relatively similar ways, we “blend in”, but what else?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1365, Meuh wrote:
In post 1350, Lukewarm wrote:@Meuh, your points on page 52 felt like solid enough reasons for you to think that marci is scum, and I can even see where you got to gorilla being a possible partner - but why in this scenario would you go for gorilla first over marci?
3 reasons:

1. I think we get more info out of pressuring Gorilla, who has mostly been left alone this game, than Marci, who’s been pushed a bunch already. It felt like it’d contribute more and advance the game more to vote for Gorilla. (which I stand by, Gorilla’s last few posts are juicier info than whatever Marci’s response would’ve been)
2. I’m interested in giving more merit to the ideas low activity players are putting out, to hopefully make them engage with the game more and/or get info on that player from the way the push goes from there. Similar to why I decided to vote with Lavar in .
3. Until we’re at a stage at the day where we’re headed towards is to lim someone, I like having some high impact votes, and that vote on Gorilla would be high impact. For the way it goes against a lot of people’s views on the game, and also since Enchant already had a vote there, making it more meaningful.

Setting up logic that makes marci scum. Then saying, if marci is scum then gorilla makes a decent partner. Then voting gorilla over marci feels like bad strategy.

But if you did it for content then voting to kill then its... okay... I
guess
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1360, Kovu wrote:

I definitely don't tr Meuh, and I wanna say meuh and marci shar a pt, like that's how those 2 seem, both blend together here yes, I hated the "im not sheeping I had this thought!!!" thing so much, like, why is it a big deal you weren't sheeping? if that was truly your read, you'd have been voting.
Re: marci and meuh, it is my understanding that they are friends irl, having played irl mafia together before both joining mafiascum. So you should expect a level of familiarity between them.

I don't know if that is any part of you feeling like they share a pt, but I don't really see what makes you feel that way anyways, so :shrug:
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Arguments about who I'd kill are interesting given I certainly wouldn't be the one making the decision for who to kill given my activity

I've skimmed, ish, will try to be around later.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Bell

You being presumably a friendly neighbor (or something similar) but hitting up Baltar instead of me makes me sad.

I'm struggling to figure out your reads this game.

If you had a day vig shot, where would it be?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1229, marcistar wrote:why was datisi town... i really thought he was scum :sob: :sob: i feel so useless maybe i shouldnt be so one minded
we all know you're scum Marci you can drop the act
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1236, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1165, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: val89
Do you scumread Dwlee?
Ya but going back to EoD1 wagons usually doesn't go great
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1229, marcistar wrote:why was datisi town... i really thought he was scum :sob: :sob: i feel so useless maybe i shouldnt be so one minded
In post 1236, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1165, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: val89
Do you scumread Dwlee?
Where is Bell's "role confirmation"?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

Ftr I turned around to town reading Datisi by the end of the day
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”