Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 am

Post by kuribo »

I'll reiterate it in case you people are too damn lazy to go back and read (AGAIN)

I wanted to pressure Al4xz to see how he would respond after he defended the guy I believe to be his scumpartner.

I am not satisfied with Al4's reactions. It's been scummy.

IS THAT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE? SCUMMY BEHAVIOR?! BECAUSE IF YOU'VE GOT SOME OTHER MAGICAL CRITERIA FOR VOTING PEOPLE ASIDE FROM BEING SCUMMY, PLEASE--- SHARE THEM WITH ME.

Mod edit
Votecount:
al4xz (6): kuribo, armlx, BlakAdder, RestFermata, Riceballtail, Surye
Wall-E (2): Muerrto, al4xz
Surye (1): springlullaby
Alabaska J (1): Jebus
kuribo (1): Xtoxm
Jebus (1): farside22
Muerrto (1): Alabaska J

Not voting (6): Azuma, Gremwell, Slepz, Zazier, Cream147, Wall-E

With 19 alive it's 10 to lynch.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Muerrto »

You haven't explained why you're voting Al4xz INSTEAD of Wall-E. You just said it's scummy. So if you can't think of a situation where town would do what Wall-E did, that makes him scum, right?

But Al4xz's reaction
seemed
scummy to you, by your own words. That denotes a possibility of you being wrong, yes?

I'm confused.

And stop using caps =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 am

Post by kuribo »

Muerrto wrote:You haven't explained why you're voting Al4xz INSTEAD of Wall-E. You just said it's scummy. So if you can't think of a situation where town would do what Wall-E did, that makes him scum, right?

But Al4xz's reaction
seemed
scummy to you, by your own words. That denotes a possibility of you being wrong, yes?

I'm confused.

And stop using caps =p
There's the possibility that all of us are wrong, and to say otherwise is to be ignorant. I don't think I'm wrong though.

So, if I feel that Al4xz is scummier than Wall-E (and believe me, it's like comparing oranges to bowling balls in terms of which is more round), my vote naturally rests on Al4xz.

As it's an impossibility to lynch both today, I'm voting for the one I find scummier.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Wall-E »

Can you tell me a way a townie would've made it?
Can YOU tell me how SCUM would have?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Muerrto »

Wall-E wrote:
Can you tell me a way a townie would've made it?
Can YOU tell me how SCUM would have?
Sure. A mistake. I already said that. You knew K7 was town before he was lynched but you didn't know he was a doctor. You had no problem lynching him since he was town and when he turned up doctor you obviously had no problem with that either. Since you had no problem and you THOUGHT he'd claimed doctor before the lynch you posted your infamous 'boo hoo the doc is dead' post.

While as TOWN your story is you didn't get back in time to do anything about the K7 lynch and your vote was on there. You thought he'd claimed doctor however and yet WEREN'T upset on day 2 about a claimed doctor being lynched while you were busy with other things. If I'd gone V/LA or lurking or whatever you wanna call it and came back and found my vote helped lynch a CLAIMED doctor who wasn't near lynch when I last left him AND hadn't claimed doctor yet I'd be going 'What the hell were you people thinking lynching a claimed doctor???'

BUT you said you SAW his claim as doctor. SO, did you see his claim BEFORE you went away and yet leave your vote on him anyway? Or did you come back, see the claim, and keep your vote on him? Either way, you knew he was a doctor and left your vote on him without ever saying anything about disbelieving his claim AND you had no problem with enough of the rest of the town disbelieving to be able to lynch a CLAIMED doctor.

Honestly, I'm floored as to how you're still alive and when you flip scum I hope Ala and Al4xz follow you to the noose.

Die scum die.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:50 am

Post by armlx »

when you flip scum I hope Ala
Why Ala?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Muerrto »

Alabaska J wrote:
unvote, vote Muerto
in my experience with him as scum he tries to push things too hard.

I believe Wall-E excuse is good enough to cause me to look elsewhere for now.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Wall-E »

Sure. A mistake. I already said that. You knew K7 was town before he was lynched but you didn't know he was a doctor. You had no problem lynching him since he was town and when he turned up doctor you obviously had no problem with that either. Since you had no problem and you THOUGHT he'd claimed doctor before the lynch (Up to this point, I agree with you 100%) you posted your infamous 'boo hoo the doc is dead' post. (Ah, but why in the LIVING SCREAMING HELL would scum say that? See, the problem isn't that you're wrong, it's that you're right but wrong about my motive. I said that disregarding even my own logical compulsion to say the opposite because I had other things to do for a few days.)

While as TOWN your story is you didn't get back in time to do anything about the K7 lynch and your vote was on there (No.). You thought he'd claimed doctor however and yet WEREN'T upset on day 2 about a claimed doctor being lynched while you were busy with other things (No.). If I'd gone V/LA or lurking or whatever you wanna call it and came back and found my vote helped lynch a CLAIMED doctor who wasn't near lynch when I last left him AND hadn't claimed doctor yet I'd be going 'What the hell were you people thinking lynching a claimed doctor???' (That's how I would have reacted had I been considering the game. I wasn't thinking about the game AT ALL when I posted. I was delaying my participation with fluff.)

Well... I can't defend this anymore. I'll claim if I get to L-1, so nobody quick lynch me. See you all when I have something to say on ANY OTHER SUBJECT besides my goddamn stupid post.

BUT you said you SAW his claim as doctor. SO, did you see his claim BEFORE you went away and yet leave your vote on him anyway? (That's not possible, obviously, since he made no such claim. I believe I'd mixed up my own role in another game and his claim. If I get modkilled for saying that it's worth it, because I'm getting very frustrated. Not with any of you, with myself for the damn post) Or did you come back, see the claim, and keep your vote on him? (Yes.) Either way, you knew he was a doctor and left your vote on him without ever saying anything about disbelieving his claim AND you had no problem with enough of the rest of the town disbelieving to be able to lynch a CLAIMED doctor. (Given that I wasn't reading the thread, I assumed there was some earth-shatteringly important reason why you all lynched the doc.

I've already apologized for that, but I'll do so again now.

I'm sorry for playing poorly. For one single post, I let everything go, and it feels like a looming trainwreck I'm aware of but can't prevent.

I won't be making any more assumptions, to preserve the integrity of this game, preserve my own integrity, and to hopefully prevent a terrible loss as a result of my stupidity.)
I'll keep debating this for as long as people tolerate it.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Wall-E »

EBWOP:
Well... I can't defend this anymore. I'll claim if I get to L-1, so nobody quick lynch me. See you all when I have something to say on ANY OTHER SUBJECT besides my goddamn stupid post.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Muerrto »

Wall-E wrote:Ah, but why in the LIVING SCREAMING HELL would scum say that?
Muerrto wrote:A mistake. I already said that.
Wall-E wrote:I believe I'd mixed up my own role in another game and his claim.
Wait. You mixed up YOUR role from another game with HIS role from this game? I mean, I've mixed up MY role from one game with MY role from another game but how did you mix up YOUR role from another game with HIS role from this game?

Also, I thought you said it was because of Xtomx's claim? Didn't you say you agreed with Al4xz that you mixed Xtomx's claim with K7's? Where did your own role from another game come in?

See, this is why I like the interrogation technique. It's kind of like a courtroom where you gave 2 different stories and got caught doing it. All we need now is the jury's verdict.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Muerrto »

Wall-E wrote:
Hmm. I think Wall-E remembered that which I listed above [Xtomx claiming to be a powerrole], and then combining it with what he[Wall-E] knows now (that K7 was a doc [he confuses Xtomx with K7]), and figured he[K7] claimed doc.

Exactly right.
Just for the record. Your witness.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Wall-E »

Muerrto wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Ah, but why in the LIVING SCREAMING HELL would scum say that?
Muerrto wrote:A mistake. I already said that.
Wall-E wrote:I believe I'd mixed up my own role in another game and his claim.
Wait. You mixed up YOUR role from another game with HIS role from this game? (That's what I said. Stop pretending you don't know what a Freudian slip is. You seem more intelligent than that.) I mean, I've mixed up MY role from one game with MY role from another game but how did you mix up YOUR role from another game with HIS role from this game? (I have no honest idea, but upon careful review of all seven games I'm in (I'm actually in ten, but three are on different sites, and none of them currently involve a doc claim.), the only recent reference to a doctor is my own role in one of them. It's the only real conclusion I've come to so far.)

Also, I thought you said it was because of Xtomx's claim? Didn't you say you agreed with Al4xz that you mixed Xtomx's claim with K7's? Where did your own role from another game come in? (I was still trying to sort the whole mess out when I posted... well, everything I've posted. I still haven't completely sorted it out. I'm trying my hardest to make it right, up to reading other threads for clues as to what the hell I was talking about in the post in question.)

See, this is why I like the interrogation technique.
It's kind of like a courtroom where you gave 2 different stories and got caught doing it. All we need now is the jury's verdict. (Bolding mine. Now you're pretending you've been interrogating me, but you'd dropped this issue before I yanked it back into the arena for another bout of fighting. I'm the one who keeps solidly throwing myself at the issue of my so-called scumslip. Thanks for playing, try again next time.)
I may claim to prevent total derailment over a nonissue pending a PM from the mod. In the meantime, let's keep talking about this.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I dropped the issue? Um..I'm voting you, pushing for your lynch, want you dead, etc.

Where did I 'drop the issue'?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by al4xz »

I am going to consider Muerrto and Wall-E's recent debate more closely before I give something in.
I'll reiterate it in case you people are too damn lazy to go back and read (AGAIN)

I wanted to pressure Al4xz to see how he would respond after he defended the guy I believe to be his scumpartner.

I am not satisfied with Al4's reactions. It's been scummy.

IS THAT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE? SCUMMY BEHAVIOR?! BECAUSE IF YOU'VE GOT SOME OTHER MAGICAL CRITERIA FOR VOTING PEOPLE ASIDE FROM BEING SCUMMY, PLEASE--- SHARE THEM WITH ME.
Cut the caps, you irritate me mroe than Michael (an annoying friend of mine).

Alright, at least I can understand this. You've done your pressure, are unsatisfied, and thus, are voting for me. Right? Well, I've answered most of your questions, defended where I deemed neccessary, and yet you still find me scummy. So be it.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Not cussing us out any more for suspecting you, Al4xz?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

armlx wrote:
Why Ala?
he gets rather OMGUS-sy when pressed
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Muerrto, I have one thing to ask you: what does scum have to gain by saying someone who is dead claimed doc when they didn't?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by armlx »

Alabaska J wrote:
armlx wrote:
Why Ala?
he gets rather OMGUS-sy when pressed
Well, that was what I was assuming.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Muerrto »

Alabaska J wrote:Muerrto, I have one thing to ask you: what does scum have to gain by saying someone who is dead claimed doc when they didn't?
It was a mistake, said that 15 times I think now.

Now I have questions for you:

1. Where's your reference of me reaching as well as a reference of me getting OMGUS-y when pressed?

2. What was Wall-E's excuse that satisfied you especally since Wall-E's excuse now has changed? Which excuse satisfies you?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 am

Post by RestFermata »

Your "it was a mistake" is not nearly specific enough. I'm pretty sure he wants to know how it was a SCUM slip, not just a REGULAR MISTAKE.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry got busy with a few things. I will be catching up in this game today.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:21 am

Post by armlx »

I'm still waiting on Alabaska to post a link to said game.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Muerrto »

RestFermata wrote:Your "it was a mistake" is not nearly specific enough. I'm pretty sure he wants to know how it was a SCUM slip, not just a REGULAR MISTAKE.
Think of a way you would post AS TOWN 'boo hoo the doc is dead get over it' when you THOUGHT the doctor had claimed before the lynch and you THOUGHT we lynched him anyway just for information.

There's your answer.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by armlx »

I can think of a way.

Just saying.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Wall-E »

False choice, muerrto.

Prove it's scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”