OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:52 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #9 of Day 1

Der Hammer (9) -- iamausername, ZazieR, ribwich, strife220, Juls, al4xz, Vi, Percy, Gerrendus
Scheherazade (4) -- Jazzmyn, DoomCow, Der Hammer, Caboose

Not Voting (3) -- Scheherazade, Tom Mason, TAX

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch!

Der Hammer has been lynched! He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now night one. Night choices due within the next 72 hours.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Puta Puta replaces Juls.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

At dawn, everyone gathers and looks incredulously at their own bodies. No bullet holes or anything! You made it through another night.

Of course, the two dead guys aren't looking at anything.

Percy -
Grave Digger
- Killed Night 1
strife220 -
Grave Digger
- Killed Night 1

Day two now begins. With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Vi »

Uh... What the heck is a Grave Digger supposed to be?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 am

Post by iamausername »

If I remember my MD threads correctly, they're like Millers for Trackers; if they get tracked, they'll be seen to target whoever dies that night.

Never seen them used in a game before, but maybe that's what makes it "New Age", eh?

Gonna
Vote: al4xz
because I
really
don't like his "Oh God, I'm so sorry for hammering!" post, it definitely strikes me as coming from someone who already knew the Der Hammer lynch was a bad one.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

iamausername wrote:Gonna Vote: al4xz because I
really
don't like his "Oh God, I'm so sorry for hammering!" post,
it definitely strikes me as coming from someone who already knew the Der Hammer lynch was a bad one.
I don't understand. Are you saying that al4xz as scum would have posted this to somehow prevent suspicion from being cast on him after Der Hammer turned up town?

I suppose I want to know what you mean by a "bad" lynch and what you think al4xz was trying to do by posting that.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:If I remember my MD threads correctly, they're like Millers for Trackers; if they get tracked, they'll be seen to target whoever dies that night.
See this thread and note the fact that OGML posted in it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Scheherazade wrote:
iamausername wrote:Gonna Vote: al4xz because I
really
don't like his "Oh God, I'm so sorry for hammering!" post,
it definitely strikes me as coming from someone who already knew the Der Hammer lynch was a bad one.
I don't understand. Are you saying that al4xz as scum would have posted this to somehow prevent suspicion from being cast on him after Der Hammer turned up town?

I suppose I want to know what you mean by a "bad" lynch and what you think al4xz was trying to do by posting that.
Yes, I think he was trying to disassociate himself from a townie lynch by pretending that he hadn't
really
intended for Der Hammer to be lynched.

By 'bad' lynch, I mean bad for the town, ie. a lynch of a townie.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by ribwich »

I agree with iam. It seemed like an unnecessary comment and an attempt to "look town."

I also don't like Gerrendus's "I think Scheh is scummier but I'll vote Hammer because he's more useless" vote.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Hi guys, I'm replacing Juls. What's going on?
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

iamausername wrote:If I remember my MD threads correctly, they're like Millers for Trackers; if they get tracked, they'll be seen to target whoever dies that night.

Never seen them used in a game before, but maybe that's what makes it "New Age", eh?

Gonna
because I
really
don't like his "Oh God, I'm so sorry for hammering!" post, it definitely strikes me as coming from someone who already knew the Der Hammer lynch was a bad one.
al4xz is not the one who hammered. The hammer was by Gerrendus.

So, that is who I am looking at right now. He placed the final vote, then claimed he did not know it was the deciding vote.

So either he was not paying attention or he knew and is trying to cover it up. And if he is not paying attention, I think it is just reckless play -- which is not at all helpful.
LHIOB: Let's hug it out, bitch.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 am

Post by iamausername »

Tom Mason wrote:al4xz is not the one who hammered. The hammer was by Gerrendus.
I'm aware of this, and I don't see how it has any bearing on my case. Regardless of whether he actually dropped the hammer, al did make that post.
Tom Mason wrote:So, that is who I am looking at right now. He placed the final vote, then claimed he did not know it was the deciding vote.
But he also didn't try to pretend that he wasn't placing the vote with the intention of getting Der Hammer lynched, just that he hadn't realised quite how soon it would happen.

I'm not saying Ger is totally squeaky clean, but I find his reaction much less suspicious than al's.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Tom Mason »

I do not trust either of them. The case against al4xz is a stronger argument, I will agree with that.

al4xz - you are on the hot seat to try and clarify how you did not realize you had a vote on Der Hammer... and why you voted for him when you clearly seemed to not want to?

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:04 am

Post by DoomCow »

I do find the distancing by Al4xz during twilight to be disturbing, but nothing to vote for yet. I'll need some time for a reread to think this over more though...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 am

Post by ribwich »

To the people suspicious of Al4xz and/or Gerrendus: I'm assuming this means you are just as much if not more suspicious of Scheh? Their actions making them scum only really makes sense to me under the assumption that Scheh is also scum.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:25 am

Post by DoomCow »

Bit more suspicious of Scheh, but as I said, I want to do a reread before I decide
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 am

Post by al4xz »

Gonna
because I
really
To me, if you don't give the guy-who-everyone-wants-to-lynch (DH) a final chance to defend himself/herself, then you deny the town possible information, more or less depending on what role they were. If they were a Townie, normal final attempt to defend themselves, post their suspiscions, etc. Scum, more or less not too much information if you lynch them before they have a chance to speak, unless there are two scum groups. Cop, lots of information - results, suspiscions, a "investigation failed" PM (meaning there is a roleblocker), etc.
However, by lynching DH before the Town gave him a chance to speak, you are denying the Town alot of information.
al4xz - you are on the hot seat to try and clarify how you did not realize you had a vote on Der Hammer... and why you voted for him when you clearly seemed to not want to?
I thought I still had my vote on Scheh. I voted him because I thought it would put him in L-1, L-2, etc. not because I wanted to lynch him straight off the bat. Not letting someone give their final words before they get lynched is anti-town, reckless play, etc.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I, too, have to do a re-read and catch up on new posts, and will post something more substantive then - hopefully later tonight but if not, definitely tomorrow.

Regards,
Jazz
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

ribwich wrote:To the people suspicious of Al4xz and/or Gerrendus: I'm assuming this means you are just as much if not more suspicious of Scheh? Their actions making them scum only really makes sense to me under the assumption that Scheh is also scum.
How so?
al4xz wrote:I voted him because I thought it would put him in L-1, L-2, etc.
If you knew he was this close to lynch, why didn't you check the votecount before voting to make sure you weren't lynching him?
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

I want to know how in 24 HOURS he could forget that he already voted for Der Hammer... especially when an updated vote count was posted between both his voting posts.

Tells me someone is: (a) not paying attention, or (b) reaching for excuses.

- Tom Mason

Gerrendus
Gerrendus
Townie
Gerrendus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Gerrendus »

Based upon the name that seems to make the most sense to me.
iamausername wrote:
ribwich wrote:To the people suspicious of Al4xz and/or Gerrendus: I'm assuming this means you are just as much if not more suspicious of Scheh? Their actions making them scum only really makes sense to me under the assumption that Scheh is also scum.
How so?
I too would like to know this. is it because of the inattentiveness/unhelpfulness upon which we have been basing suspicions? My suspicions on scheh were based upon the inconsitensy of his arguments and the obvious lack of content in his posts other than baseless defenses.
ribwich wrote: I also don't like Gerrendus's "I think Scheh is scummier but I'll vote Hammer because he's more useless" vote.
I'm going to answer these two (well respond is more accurate I suppose) at once. If you saw my post to Vi at the bottom of the last page I said that to me sche seemed
slightly
scummier than Der. Seeing as the town seemed to be going that way I was content to lynch my second most suspicious seeing as the disparity in my suspicions upon the two was not that great and the town seemed to be agreeing with both of my suspicions. at the time I saw no need to wait, and I thought that Der was further away from the lynch than he was. This is a fault on my part and I will be sure to remember this in the future.
If I remember correctly there was a small number of people whom were trying to persuade us to vote for Percy and strife, although I will have to do a re-read to be sure of my memory on that account.

At the risk of speculating about setup I would like to say that with two kills the previous night we should all keep in the back of our minds that there appear to be two killing factions and we should thus exercise care in our lynches or we may be unable to recover.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by ribwich »

iamausername wrote:How so?
If Scheh were town, I don't think they would have been making those comments. I don't even think they would have bothered changing their vote, since a lynch on either Scheh or Der would have essentially been the same. Why risk getting more attention on yourself unless you were protecting your partner?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by ribwich »

However, I think al4xz and Gerrendus have explained themselves well enough that I don't have much suspicions. I'll also want to do a reread of the previous day.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Vi »

Posting before prod.

I will not be here tomorrow, but should have a reread done sometime on Sunday. As far as today goes, I would like for al4xz to post again before I begin discussing the end of the day.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by al4xz »

Tom Mason wrote:I want to know how in 24 HOURS he could forget that he already voted for Der Hammer... especially when an updated vote count was posted between both his voting posts.

Tells me someone is: (a) not paying attention, or (b) reaching for excuses.

- Tom Mason
Have it your way. Think what you want. Not everyone can remember everything. Have you ever heard the expression, "people don't notice what's right underneath their noses?"
If you knew he was this close to lynch, why didn't you check the votecount before voting to make sure you weren't lynching him?
I knew he was approaching lynch; I wasn't expecting him to be at L-1. Yes,i t was reckless play, and I should have checked the votecount.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”