Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Adel »

1. lies, and lying habits that vary with alignment.
2. deconstruction (with an emphasis on semantics and syntax) of post styles to identify alignment-related habits and patterns in previous games.

For example, if you had declared (as town) that you never random vote, and you never have random voted as town, it would pretty damning if you've random voted in 3 or 4 games as scum since you random voted in this game. It wouldn't be lynch-worth evidence in isolation, but you did hammer without good reason on page 2 in this six player game.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Battousai »

Adel: Why shouldn't I be considered lurkerscum at this point? Simple, I post. This game is similar to the beginning of one of the games JDodge and I were in and is still on going. I post my usual amount, but it gets lost in the influx of posts made by other players when I'm not on.

LG: My question wasn't meant to be a loaded question, I meant for it to state my suspicion on you via rhetorical question.
I'd like to see some arguments from you, rather than sitting back as you are.
Well I joined this game to learn how to play mafia better, especially with player types like JDodge's. The best way for me to learn is watch, but I'll try to add more content into the posts that I make when I get on, just for you ;).

Adel: Do you plan on focusing on Sens, or will you be as "aggressive" with other players? Do you think me and sen are a scumpair? Did you think Guardian was scum near the lynch?

JDodge: Why would you hammer Guardian on page 2? His MOS, IMO, was just him trying to get out of the random stage by discussing theory and get reactions (unfortunately the reaction was to lynch him). Don't you think it would have been best if he wasn't hammered so as to get as much info towards the next lynch on the off chance that he wasn't scum?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by SensFan »

Battousai wrote:Well I joined this game to learn how to play mafia better, especially with player types like JDodge's. The best way for me to learn is watch, but I'll try to add more content into the posts that I make when I get on, just for you ;).
This isn't a Newbie game. Start posting content, not sitting back and watching.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

How about now, Batt, you've been posting occasionally, and have not given anything. This new return is not helpful, either. In addition, you're couching questions to JDodge with the answers pre-baked in.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Battousai wrote:Sens is the most likely lynch target today, yet you defend him. Why would you defend Sen by attacking JDodge's reasoning? Is it because you are trying to protect your scumbuddy?
This is horrible reasoning. Purely because he is the most likely lynch does not mean he is scum. I'd like to see some arguments from you, rather than sitting back as you are. JDodge's reasoning
always
needs to be attacked because he diverts to semantics and ad hominem if someone doesn't control him. Points for a loaded question, though.
AGAIN:

# of forum games you have played with me in them: 0
# of IRC games: countless

IRC =/= forums.

Thanks for playing, you get a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Not to be rude, but I really don't have the time to be doing this for multiple hours, in addition, do you not think that his meta could have changed over a long period of play? I know mine has changed dramatically since October.
See: First quote.

HYPOCRITE
Adel wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:Not to be rude, but I really don't have the time to be doing this for multiple hours, in addition, do you not think that his meta could have changed over a long period of play? I know mine has changed dramatically since October.
That is the point behind sorting his games into town windows and scum windows. That controls for general shifts in playstyle against time.

If you don't have time to spend several hours building player specific metas, I don't think you have a chance of meeting your potential as a forum mafia player. This is a formatt that rewards hard work and diligence.
Finally, someone else who understands the game as a whole.

Batt wrote:JDodge: Why would you hammer Guardian on page 2? His MOS, IMO, was just him trying to get out of the random stage by discussing theory and get reactions (unfortunately the reaction was to lynch him). Don't you think it would have been best if he wasn't hammered so as to get as much info towards the next lynch on the off chance that he wasn't scum?
Because I feel Guardian would be a detriment to the town regardless of alignment. Because I thought Guardian was likely scum. Because I thought the info we would get out of it would be amazing (and it is!).
Lord Gurgi wrote:How about now, Batt, you've been posting occasionally, and have not given anything. This new return is not helpful, either. In addition, you're couching questions to JDodge with the answers pre-baked in.
What exactly are you smoking and where can I get some?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Battousai wrote:Sens is the most likely lynch target today, yet you defend him. Why would you defend Sen by attacking JDodge's reasoning? Is it because you are trying to protect your scumbuddy?
This is horrible reasoning. Purely because he is the most likely lynch does not mean he is scum. I'd like to see some arguments from you, rather than sitting back as you are. JDodge's reasoning
always
needs to be attacked because he diverts to semantics and ad hominem if someone doesn't control him. Points for a loaded question, though.
AGAIN:

# of forum games you have played with me in them: 0
# of IRC games: countless

IRC =/= forums.

Thanks for playing, you get a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni.
See: First quote.

HYPOCRITE
Meta is not the same as personality. You're getting towards proving me right, though.
JDodge wrote:
Adel wrote:
That is the point behind sorting his games into town windows and scum windows. That controls for general shifts in playstyle against time.

If you don't have time to spend several hours building player specific metas, I don't think you have a chance of meeting your potential as a forum mafia player. This is a formatt that rewards hard work and diligence.
Finally, someone else who understands the game as a whole.
Easy to say, really. I'm not seeing in depth meta analysis from you.
JDodge wrote:
Batt wrote:JDodge: Why would you hammer Guardian on page 2? His MOS, IMO, was just him trying to get out of the random stage by discussing theory and get reactions (unfortunately the reaction was to lynch him). Don't you think it would have been best if he wasn't hammered so as to get as much info towards the next lynch on the off chance that he wasn't scum?
Because I feel Guardian would be a detriment to the town regardless of alignment. Because I thought Guardian was likely scum. Because I thought the info we would get out of it would be amazing (and it is!).
This is the same that Sens says, sans waiting for the majority, and with the addition of policy lynch.
JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:How about now, Batt, you've been posting occasionally, and have not given anything. This new return is not helpful, either. In addition, you're couching questions to JDodge with the answers pre-baked in.
What exactly are you smoking and where can I get some?
Try to be mature, please.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'll give a crack at this meta strategy that seems so popular, Batt, can I get a list of all games you have played? Seperated by alignment and such.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sens: I know this isn't a newbie game, but everyone should still learn in every game they are in. Thinking anything other than that is asinine. Also I'm not just sitting back and watching as you make it sound. By my post I meant that I was here, reading, posting, but my posts were less contentful than what LG wanted. I'm trying to get in by asking a few questions in which I can counter their response with a formulated opinion. I tried that with my last post with JDodge/Adel but they haven't answered yet.

LG: Maybe if you wait untl he answers. Maybe he will have a different answer.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Adel »

my wiki contains all of my completed games in rough chronological order by completion date to make such work easier for other players.

This is the only game I am currently playing.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Adel »

[quote="Battousai"]Adel: Do you plan on focusing on Sens, or will you be as "aggressive" with other players? Do you think me and sen are a scumpair? Did you think Guardian was scum near the lynch?/quote]

1. I will be aggressive with other players.
2. No telling at this point. As an exercise in intellectual honesty, please point out what evidence might lead a rational observer to think that you could be scum with SensFan.
3. No, I didn't have any reason to think he was scum. I was happy with pressure being applied to him because it would help illuminate his alignment.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by JDodge »

Flimsy wrote:Easy to say, really. I'm not seeing in depth meta analysis from you.
Personal policy - I do not release my meta information on players.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your points as you clearly have:

A. No clue what I'm talking about

B. No clue what you're talking about.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Flimsy wrote:Easy to say, really. I'm not seeing in depth meta analysis from you.
Personal policy - I do not release my meta information on players.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your points as you clearly have:

A. No clue what I'm talking about

B. No clue what you're talking about.
There you go. Logic is gone, ad hominem has resumed. Can I get some confirmation from other people that he's just attacking me at this point?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Battousai »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'll give a crack at this meta strategy that seems so popular, Batt, can I get a list of all games you have played? Seperated by alignment and such.
It'll take me a bit since I don't keep them tabbed in my watched like Sens, so I'll finish what I was going to say now and then include the list in my next post

JDodge: So, according to your first reason in your last post, you thought Guardian was a detriment to the town regardless of alignment. I don't remember there being a policy on lynching people for potentinaly being bad towards town (especially when we are given only 1 mislynch, which makes the second day even harder due to all the townies needing to agree or lose). Also you went after Sens for hammering because you thought he was trying to shed the responsibility of the lynch. If the lynch was so full of win, why would scum want to shed the responsibility off (3 people called for the lynch and if Sen is scum that meant that 2 townies were on the lynch as well, so he could have had their support as well).

Adel wrote:
Battousai wrote:Adel: Do you plan on focusing on Sens, or will you be as "aggressive" with other players? Do you think me and sen are a scumpair? Did you think Guardian was scum near the lynch?
1. I will be aggressive with other players.
2. No telling at this point. As an exercise in intellectual honesty, please point out what evidence might lead a rational observer to think that you could be scum with SensFan.
3. No, I didn't have any reason to think he was scum. I was happy with pressure being applied to him because it would help illuminate his alignment.
2.I was just wondering because you said that if guardian wasn't scum I have to be scum. Since you are focusing on Sen right now over me, I figured you thought we were both scum together.
3.You didn't think he was scum?
Adel wrote:I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum
(though I think he is scum)
then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.
Just so everyone knows who I think is scum: Adel/LG
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Adel »

Battousai wrote:
there you go, you caught me. Obviously, overstating my faith in his alignment during a page-2 random wagon is Q.E.D. proof that I lied, and Lynch-All-Liars requires you to lynch me.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by JDodge »

Battousai wrote:JDodge: So, according to your first reason in your last post, you thought Guardian was a detriment to the town regardless of alignment. I don't remember there being a policy on lynching people for potentinaly being bad towards town (especially when we are given only 1 mislynch, which makes the second day even harder due to all the townies needing to agree or lose). Also you went after Sens for hammering because you thought he was trying to shed the responsibility of the lynch. If the lynch was so full of win, why would scum want to shed the responsibility off (3 people called for the lynch and if Sen is scum that meant that 2 townies were on the lynch as well, so he could have had their support as well).
Uhm.

Your logic is
insanely
backwards here.

In my opinion
, the lynch was a good lynch. In
popular opinion
, the lynch was bound to be met with attack from most everyone. Why would scum want that responsiblity?

On your other point: It's my new policy. Deal with it.
stream

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Adel »

Battousai wrote: 3.You didn't think he was scum?
also, why did you clip my answer?
Adel wrote:3. No, I didn't have any reason to think he was scum. I was happy with pressure being applied to him because it would help illuminate his alignment
so you paraphrased my reply to make it seem like I was lying, on the very same page I posted it on? What kind of half-assed mafia players are you used to playing with? Do you normally get away with that kind of crap.

Why haven't you complied with LG's request that you post links to all of your games?

~~~
JDodge: has this level of play become standard? I took a couple of months off before this game because outside of the minivitational it seemed like the nominal skill level was approaching functional retardation. Shouldn't I have bothered coming back?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

This seems like a discussion for MD, not a game thread, if you don't mind my saying. Yes, the general skill level is dropping, yes, cutting statements for good effect does swing people, yes, you should have come back, people need a model.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:JDodge: has this level of play become standard? I took a couple of months off before this game because outside of the minivitational it seemed like the nominal skill level was approaching functional retardation. Shouldn't I have bothered coming back?
Sorry to invade on your elitist party, but can I ask that you at least respect the skill that Gurgi, Batt, and I have. I'm sorry that we're apparently not as good as the people you're used to playing with, but I would like to think we're all competent players.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:JDodge: has this level of play become standard? I took a couple of months off before this game because outside of the minivitational it seemed like the nominal skill level was approaching functional retardation. Shouldn't I have bothered coming back?
Sorry to invade on your elitist party, but can I ask that you at least respect the skill that Gurgi, Batt, and I have. I'm sorry that we're apparently not as good as the people you're used to playing with, but I would like to think we're all competent players.
Then why in the fuck did you hammer on page 2?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Adel »

vote: SensFan

I'm done with this.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Just checking in. I'm sad to see this game has resorted to a flame-fest.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Adel »

Adel wrote:For example, if you had declared (as town) that you never random vote, and you never have random voted as town, it would pretty damning if you've random voted in 3 or 4 games as scum since you random voted in this game. It wouldn't be lynch-worth evidence in isolation, but you did hammer without good reason on page 2 in this six player game.
He did declare, as town, that he never random votes.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

A page two hammer happened. You were on that wagon. And now you have a problem with it? I have always said that if you aren't ready for a wagon to go to lynch, get the freak off it. Why are are you not subject to this?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:A page two hammer happened. You were on that wagon. You were pushing for the lynch, serious or not. And now you have a problem with it? I have always said that if you aren't ready for a wagon to go to lynch, get the freak off it. Why are are you not subject to this?
Fixed. A bit angry, and a bit rushed.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:For example, if you had declared (as town) that you never random vote, and you never have random voted as town, it would pretty damning if you've random voted in 3 or 4 games as scum since you random voted in this game. It wouldn't be lynch-worth evidence in isolation, but you did hammer without good reason on page 2 in this six player game.
He did declare, as town, that he never random votes.
Yay for out of context random thoughts!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”