Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:As far as getting a meta read, here is
one
approach:
1. Open up all of his games in tabs, & place games as scum in one window, and games as town in another window. Try to actually sort them correctly.
2. Skim the first three or four pages of each game. Do it again. Take a break for a few hours, and skim them all again.
3. Sort each game to only display all posts by SensFan. Skim the first 20 or so posts from each of those games. Do it again. Take a break for a few hours and do it again.
4. Re-read the first few pages of this game.
5. Sort all of the posts by SensFan in this game.
I've taken a two month break, and I never use a methodology consistently.
MOVE OUT OF THE WAY GUYS, IT KEEPS ON BACKING UP.
nice rhetorical device. Perhaps if you use it another three or four times I'll start thinking it is clever.

-----------
Vote Count:
SensFan-1 (Adel)
Adel-1 (SensFan)

With 5 alive, it is 3 to lynch
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:As far as getting a meta read, here is
one
approach:
1. Open up all of his games in tabs, & place games as scum in one window, and games as town in another window. Try to actually sort them correctly.
2. Skim the first three or four pages of each game. Do it again. Take a break for a few hours, and skim them all again.
3. Sort each game to only display all posts by SensFan. Skim the first 20 or so posts from each of those games. Do it again. Take a break for a few hours and do it again.
4. Re-read the first few pages of this game.
5. Sort all of the posts by SensFan in this game.
I've taken a two month break, and I never use a methodology consistently.
MOVE OUT OF THE WAY GUYS, IT KEEPS ON BACKING UP.
nice rhetorical device. Perhaps if you use it another three or four times I'll start thinking it is clever.
Perhaps if you stop backtracking, I'll stop using it.

Seriously, from "Oh well, guess that meta tell was wrong!" to "Yeah, well, now that I messed up, I really don't do my metas that thoroughly..."...
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Adel »

Just so that it isn't lost by the page break -- both SensFan and I are at one vote. With two living scum players, one additional vote by a townie on a townie yields a scum victory.

Notice that when I voted for SensFan he simply placed a vote on me in exchange.

Wouldn't a genuine townie consider that perhaps I was suffering from townie-tunnel vision and do something to encourage me to unvote, rather than just antagonizing me?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Adel wrote:Just so that it isn't lost by the page break -- both SensFan and I are at one vote. With two living scum players, one additional vote by a townie on a townie yields a scum victory.

Wouldn't a genuine townie consider that perhaps I was suffering from townie-tunnel vision and do something to encourage me to unvote, rather than just antagonizing me?
This requires the townie in question to believe that you are in fact, a townie.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:Wouldn't a genuine townie consider that perhaps I was suffering from townie-tunnel vision and do something to encourage me to unvote, rather than just antagonizing me?
I've kind of refuted everything you've brought up...

Besides, if we're both Town, I haven't hurt anything by voting you.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:Wouldn't a genuine townie consider that perhaps I was suffering from townie-tunnel vision and do something to encourage me to unvote, rather than just antagonizing me?

There are two living scum players. They could quick-lynch.

Everything? Who were the three players who were seriously and literally pushing for a page-2 hammer that you referred to time and time again? Where is the logical thought process that explains why you hammered on page 2 based off of a random bullshit wagon?
SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:For example, if you had declared (as town) that you never random vote, and you never have random voted as town, it would pretty damning if you've random voted in 3 or 4 games as scum since you random voted in this game. It wouldn't be lynch-worth evidence in isolation, but you did hammer without good reason on page 2 in this six player game.
He did declare, as town, that he never random votes.
Yay for out of context random thoughts!
Note that this was his first response.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Adel »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:Just so that it isn't lost by the page break -- both SensFan and I are at one vote. With two living scum players, one additional vote by a townie on a townie yields a scum victory.

This requires the townie in question to believe that you are in fact, a townie.
Read my posts.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:A page two hammer happened. You were on that wagon. You were pushing for the lynch, serious or not. And now you have a problem with it? I have always said that if you aren't ready for a wagon to go to lynch, get the freak off it. Why are are you not subject to this?
Fixed. A bit angry, and a bit rushed.
I covered this.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:
SensFan wrote:

There are two living scum players. They could quick-lynch.
I did not put anyone any closer to a lynch than I already was. Therefore, I did not facilitate a quicklynch in the slightest. You, on the other hand, put a vote on me, which DOES allow a quicklynch.
Adel wrote:Everything? Who were the three players who were seriously and literally pushing for a page-2 hammer that you referred to time and time again?
Jdodge, Gurgi, Adel. You know, the three people that were voting Guardian...
Adel wrote:Where is the logical thought process that explains why you hammered on page 2 based off of a random bullshit wagon?
Because you are VERY CLEARLY the only one who considers it to be random OR bullshit, and in the former case, maybe you should have, you know, UNVOTED?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Adel »

I'm going offline now, and I'm leaving my vote on SensFan. Both mafia players can feel free to quicklych him if I'm wrong about him being scum.

I want this game to be over so that Guardian and I can either spread the word about how much of an idiot SensFan is for hammering on page 2 as scum, or how much of an utter (ought to be banned from breeding) tool he is for hammering on page 2 as town.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by JDodge »

Vote: SensFan

I agree with Adel. Imma go through and respond to everything I missed now.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Adel »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:A page two hammer happened. You were on that wagon. You were pushing for the lynch, serious or not. And now you have a problem with it? I have always said that if you aren't ready for a wagon to go to lynch, get the freak off it. Why are are you not subject to this?
Fixed. A bit angry, and a bit rushed.
I covered this.
You don't fucking hammer on page 2 for a random bullshit wagon. It is like claiming "cop" in an open game where there is no cop. It is horrible play regardless of your alignment, and if you do it you really really need to lose. I refuse to play this game if that kind of gambit is ever allowed to be successful.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Adel »

/out
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:You don't fucking hammer on page 2 for a random bullshit wagon.
You don't stay on a wagon you think is "random bullshit" if no one else does.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:You don't fucking hammer on page 2 for a random bullshit wagon.
You don't stay on a wagon you think is "random bullshit" if no one else does.
you let someone dangle at -1 if you think your game is free of outright idiots, especially when the person who placed him at -1 gave an explicit warning.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Adel »

ok, I seriously have to go now- gg.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

Adel wrote:
Battousai wrote: 3.You didn't think he was scum?
Adel wrote:I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum
(though I think he is scum)
then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.
Just so everyone knows who I think is scum: Adel/LG
also, why did you clip my answer?
Adel wrote:3. No, I didn't have any reason to think he was scum. I was happy with pressure being applied to him because it would help illuminate his alignment
so you paraphrased my reply to make it seem like I was lying, on the very same page I posted it on? What kind of half-assed mafia players are you used to playing with? Do you normally get away with that kind of crap.

Why haven't you complied with LG's request that you post links to all of your games?

~~~
JDodge: has this level of play become standard? I took a couple of months off before this game because outside of the minivitational it seemed like the nominal skill level was approaching functional retardation. Shouldn't I have bothered coming back?
I just barely got back from my own mini-hiatus, and yes, this seems to have become standard. I hate it too.
SensFan wrote:
Adel wrote:JDodge: has this level of play become standard? I took a couple of months off before this game because outside of the minivitational it seemed like the nominal skill level was approaching functional retardation. Shouldn't I have bothered coming back?
Sorry to invade on your elitist party, but can I ask that you at least respect the skill that Gurgi, Batt, and I have. I'm sorry that we're apparently not as good as the people you're used to playing with, but I would like to think we're all competent players.
Nice discreditation attempt.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Just checking in. I'm sad to see this game has resorted to a flame-fest.
2 insults and it's a flame-fest? Grow a thicker skin.

Note that whenever asked to back up his claims, Sens goes off on a tangent.

I agree with Adel - if Sens is town, neither of us have any business playing anymore. This game is supposed to be made up of the cream of the crop so to speak, and the one person who I'd consider to be more of a newbie (Batt) is doing eons above what two of the people I'd consider fairly experienced (Flimsy + Sens) are doing, IF by some obscene stretch of the imagination they are town.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

With all this horrible logic flying around, the blatant backtracking, and the massive amounts of ad hominem that are spewing from JDodge and Adel, this decision has been made easy for me. If you two are allowed to win for simply badmouthing, then I too, give up hope for this game. I am appalled at the play of the so-called "pros". This is sub-par by any standards. This, in addition to their general play, self-absolution, and false arguments, it is clear to me.
Vote: Adel
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:Note that whenever asked to back up his claims, Sens goes off on a tangent.
Really? Because I very clearly gave 2 examples off me "random" voting as Town, and its Adel that has since backed up.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:I agree with Adel - if Sens is town, neither of us have any business playing anymore. This game is supposed to be made up of the cream of the crop so to speak, and the one person who I'd consider to be more of a newbie (Batt) is doing eons above what two of the people I'd consider fairly experienced (Flimsy + Sens) are doing, IF by some obscene stretch of the imagination they are town.
After what I've seen in this game, I will never be playing another game with either of you anyways, regardless of your alignment.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:Note that whenever asked to back up his claims, Sens goes off on a tangent.
Really? Because I very clearly gave 2 examples off me "random" voting as Town, and its Adel that has since backed up.
And where the fuck are the examples of "OH I ALWAYS ASK BEFORE I HAMMER A DUR DE HUR DE HUR" that I asked for ages ago?
Lord Gurgi wrote:With all this horrible logic flying around, the blatant backtracking, and the massive amounts of ad hominem that are spewing from JDodge and Adel, this decision has been made easy for me. If you two are allowed to win for simply badmouthing, then I too, give up hope for this game. I am appalled at the play of the so-called "pros". This is sub-par by any standards. This, in addition to their general play, self-absolution, and false arguments, it is clear to me.
You are a complete and utter retard when it comes to mafia. Read some basic texts on logic and fucking reasoning and then get back to me.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
And where the fuck are the examples of "OH I ALWAYS ASK BEFORE I HAMMER A DUR DE HUR DE HUR" that I asked for ages ago?
I could probably dig them up, but unless I'm asked to by Batt, I'm not going to bother.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:With all this horrible logic flying around, the blatant backtracking, and the massive amounts of ad hominem that are spewing from JDodge and Adel, this decision has been made easy for me. If you two are allowed to win for simply badmouthing, then I too, give up hope for this game. I am appalled at the play of the so-called "pros". This is sub-par by any standards. This, in addition to their general play, self-absolution, and false arguments, it is clear to me.
You are a complete and utter retard when it comes to mafia. Read some basic texts on logic and fucking reasoning and then get back to me.
Explain to me, how anything that you just said is not ad hominem.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
I could probably dig them up, but unless I'm asked to by Batt, I'm not going to bother.
BEEP BEEP BEEP.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Explain to me, how anything that you just said is not ad hominem.
I can spout buzzwords too.

CHANGE

YES WE CAN

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'M A LITTLE FREAKING TEAPOT SHORT AND STOUT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT

Read. Now.
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”