JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:I want one as scum too, to prove the "regardless of alignment" bit of your claim.
Sure, I'll try. I hope you realize, though, that you basically just said "Alright, so go and explain to me why this is not a town tell for you."
I don't care whether you want it to be a town-tell for you or not. I want to see whether you were lying through your teeth.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by SensFan »

"Yeah, I am willing to drop the hammer on K7. Anyone have anything else they want to say today?"

Mafia 79 - Amish Mafia.

Good enough?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:"Yeah, I am willing to drop the hammer on K7. Anyone have anything else they want to say today?"

Mafia 79 - Amish Mafia.

Good enough?
Asking if there is any more discussion wanted prior to a hammer =/= "waiting to make sure people want you to hammer". Try again.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

Really? Doesn't my question leave plenty of room for anyone who does NOT support the hammer to say so, and unvote?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:Really? Doesn't my question leave plenty of room for anyone who does NOT support the hammer to say so, and unvote?
No, not really. I am looking for
exact examples of the behaviour you've professed to "always do"
. "Good enough" doesn't cut it.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

Alright, I'll keep looking. A ridiculous number of my scum games have had my posts not even containing the word "hammer", though...
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by SensFan »

A quick check shows that I have hammered exactly once as Scum, and that was immediately after a Doc claim, designed to hammer him BEFORE anyone could unvote.

Still not sure how "Anyone have anything they want to say?" does not include "Anyone object to the lynch?"
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm not going to vote today. Sorry, but I would like Adel to come back with a new perspective and hopefully the rest of you will too.

To some everything up, either the scum are JDodge and Adel or Sens and LG. If the scum were on both wagons, all they would have had to do was switch their vote to win the game.

Adel: It seems my playstyle has offended you. So you know I think you read the wrong quote. Here is the quote I have of you saying you though Guardian was scum. I cut out what I said and your answers to the other questions as I felt they didn't pertain to what I was trying to explain.
Adel wrote:
Battousai wrote:Ok, I'll lynch guardian on page 1 :)

You wanna know the reason for the double wagon vote? To see how people would react. I didn't think it was scummy, though so I wasn't trying to see who would jump on me for being scummy.

Also, I haven't played with guardian, but I would think that L-2 on page 1 where both votes were random = pressure. That's just me though.

Concerning the scum pairs: I think it is pretty early to be calling them now. From the people that are active, the person I think is most likely scum is Adel (info after random vote).

Adel: What's your position on guardian-
batt
scum pair, adel-batt scum pair, or the one where I'm not scum? Instead of sitting back and watch two people have a "scum fight."
I think it is obvious that if Guardian isn't scum (though I think he is scum) then batt must be scum. I can't see Adel being scum with anyone else.
Posting this before I totally finish for the night so you know I had the chance to hammer and win for scum if I was scum.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by SensFan »

Note that I will have very little access tomorrow for sure, and most of the weekend.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by JDodge »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:sensfan -- it wud have been nice to say you were suspicious of me, and why, and let me respond to it -- before hammering.

not doing so is uberscumzie
Fair enough, though I think everyone on the wagon is just as accountable for the fact you were lynched as I was, since they were all calling for a lynch.
Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Had I been voting him and not you, would you have hammered?
Yes, because I'd have thought it a well-reasoned hammer instead of pandering to the masses.

It's Sens-Flimsy. Calling this now.
WOOP WOOP
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:I call this as Battousai-Guardian. Y'all can go home now.
Huh?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

People JDodge has named as scum: Guardian, Battousai, SensFan, Lord Gurgi
People JDodge has not named as scum: JDodge, Adel

Possible Scumteams: Sens/Gurgi, JDodge/Adel
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:I call this as Battousai-Guardian. Y'all can go home now.
Huh?
In case you missed it:
andersonw wrote:
Not still living - 1/6

Guardian (
Townie
)-Lynched day 1
At least I have the balls to admit when I was wrong.
stream

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by Adel »

batt, I totally respect your play now. please carefully read this thread and take your time. Feel free to ask anything you like. This game is in your hands now.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

Batt, the only advice I have for you is this:

Do
not
, in
any way
, treat this as Adel v. Sens. Treat it as Adel + JD v. Sens + Flimsy, because that's what it comes down to. Just take your time, read between the lines, and the truth should become apparent to you.

Sens, you made a fatal error in judgment. You underestimated the ferocity with which the people "calling for the hammer" would come down on you with.

Flimsy, learn how to play as scum sometime. Every time I'm town and you're scum in a lylo situation, IRC or here, you do the same exact thing - bombard with incorrect statements which make you
look
correct through sheer bulk. Your attempts to discredit me were pathetic and weak.

Guardian, sorry for lynching you on page 2. It cracked the game wide open for us, so you should at least be happy that you got to witness the magic.

Adel, you were a pleasure to play with, sorry this game couldn't have been longer than roughly 3-4 days. You have, by far, one of the best grasps of the game as a whole out of anyone I have ever seen. Please, don't follow through with your "I have no business playing anymore" comment. The site needs more people like you.
stream

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm 75% sure of who is scum and that's probably the highest it's going to get. Now I have something I want answered to reassure my decision.

LG: Called JDodge town, based on meta (and reaction to this claim). Then after my post says JDodge is 65% town.
Please explain why you thought JDodge was town at that time, why you switched to 65%, and what kind of reaction would have made him look scum, town.

After reading through the thread again, I found it interesting that Sens/LG and Adel/Jdodge were linked together early and often. I guess me and guardian were linked as well. 'I wonder how different this game would have went if someone in another pairing was lynched D1.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:57 am

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:Sens, you made a fatal error in judgment. You underestimated the ferocity with which the people "calling for the hammer" would come down on you with.
Sorry, but I'm really don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain it a little better?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Battousai wrote:LG: Called JDodge town, based on meta (and reaction to this claim). Then after my post says JDodge is 65% town.
Please explain why you thought JDodge was town at that time, why you switched to 65%, and what kind of reaction would have made him look scum, town.
In previous games with him (IRC not Forum, if that makes a difference to you, Batt) when I have just decided to say JDodge is town, as scum will say something along the lines of "What's your reasoning?", while town he will say something along the lines of "Obviously, now we're going to lynch XXXX he's scum". The indifference he gave seemed non-committal and far too careful a stance for him to take as town, but not strictly the scummy response, thus he became more scummy, but not scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Battousai »

After reading the thread a few times, looking at other games, I feel that LG/Sen are the scum pair.

Vote: Sen
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

congrats on your vote Batt, you won!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by JDodge »

WOOP WOOP
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:With all this horrible logic flying around, the blatant backtracking, and the massive amounts of ad hominem that are spewing from JDodge and Adel, this decision has been made easy for me. If you two are allowed to win for simply badmouthing, then I too, give up hope for this game. I am appalled at the play of the so-called "pros". This is sub-par by any standards. This, in addition to their general play, self-absolution, and false arguments, it is clear to me.
Vote: Adel
I still stand by this post. The level of insult while the game was going on was just unacceptable.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by JDodge »

I stand by my grow a thicker skin comment.
stream

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Battousai »

I feel disappointed. It took me a long, long time to acquire all the games I've been in and sort them, only to have no one look at them...
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Adel »

I totally want to read LG and SensFan's daytalking thread. Please post a link to it guys.

BTW, SensFan, I recognize that I was being a bit of a jerk towards you, and I apologize if you took offense, but I did feel a little aggravated that you hammered so early on page 2. I was really looking forward to playing a close game, and it seemed to me that you were just throwing away your chances of winning.
Why did you think you could get away with it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”