Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

If any more last minute opinions on anything is asked for and I happen to be online, I won't mind giving it, or the information I lack such an opinion.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Shame how this day ended. I believe Fred's claim and that he will flip town.

CW's townblock from was pretty good, and I feel like we should have stuck to that.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Confidently Wrong »

In post 1008, Confidently Wrong wrote:Kill Fred->Irrelephant->Eira on a loft town flip
irrelephant->eira->lowell on this flipping town
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

There is less than half an hour left before the deadline! I feel like posting a VC at this point would take too long.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Flavor 1.5Image
Death

When you reach zero hit points, you die. Death is also possible when you have nonzero hit points, by several methods of instadeath or delayed instadeath. You lose all the progress you made in that game, and you may have your possessions identified, see your attributes at the time of death (as well as a single post-mortem attribute), see a list of vanquished creatures, see a list of monsters genocided, and see which official conducts you have adhered to.

Dying may also create a bones file.

A particularly spectacular character death, especially of a character that is was well on the way to ascension, is often called a splat. Watching splats (live or on Splat TV) is a part of the fun of social NetHack.

Source: NetHackWiki

Flip 1.5
Fredrick A Campbell
(7): BlueBloodedToffee, Eiralox, Lowell, Confidently Wrong, Irrelephant11, FancyPants, Shoshin
[HAMMER!]

Lowell
(2): Cat Scratch Fever, Loftwing
Loftwing
(1): Fredrick A Campbell
Eiralox
(1): kennyk
BlueBloodedToffee
(1): Malakittens
Not Voting
(1): MalcolmTucker

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Fredrick A Campbell
has been eliminated!

Fredrick A Campbell's role was
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
!
[/area]

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-06 11:17:00).
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Looking for a replacement for Shoshin. The deadline is paused until a replacement is found, and will be paused for 24 hours after that (to give them time to catch up).
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:38 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

humaneatingmonkey replaces Shoshin. 24 hours have been added to the deadline.

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-07 17:38:00).
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Gamma Emerald replaces humaneatingmonkey. 18 hours have been added to the deadline to give the replacement time to catch up. I'm so sorry for the delays.

implosion is now my backup mod.

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-08 11:23:00).
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Flavor 2.0Image
NetHack

NetHack is a major roguelike in which the player must fight their way down through the Dungeons of Doom, and then the underworld (Gehennom), retrieve the Amulet of Yendor, fight their way back up to surface, and give the Amulet to their god. It is the most popular of all Hacklike games, and quite possibly the most popular of all roguelike games.

NetHack underwent active development for nearly 15 years. However, it went on a long hiatus after the release of v3.4.3 in December 2003 which proved to be remarkably stable and was enjoyed by the community for almost a decade. NetHack was not much updated during this time leading some independent developers to create forks to continue where the DevTeam left off. Many of these forks are still active.

But in December 2015, the DevTeam released a new version 3.6.0. Although the release itself added little content (besides minor tweaks and incorporating community patches), it indicated the beginning of active development after more than a decade. They also migrated their internal source repository to Git with plans of providing a "current maintenance version" in the future. There are also new plans to migrate their defect-tracking to Bugzilla

Source: RogueBasin

Votecount 2.0
Not Voting
(10): kennyk, BlueBloodedToffee, Lowell, Confidently Wrong, MalcolmTucker, Gamma Emerald, Malakittens, FancyPants, Irrelephant11, Eiralox

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Loftwing
has been killed at night!

Loftwing
's role was
Mafia Informed 1-Shot Neighborizer
!

Cat Scratch Fever
has been killed at night!

Cat Scratch Fever
's role was
Town Backup Compulsive Vigilante
!

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2022-07-15 12:04:00).[/color][/area]
~Vasex
~Enchant
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

CW, why were you reading Loftwing as town?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by kennyk »

Just a short assessment of the setup:
With a vig and a (now deceased) backup vig we have a good chance of killing scum at night but as it is compulsive there is also the chance of two townies being killed at night. This could make it a short game (either way).

Loft didn't lie about being a neighborizer and having another perk. If I see things right, him being shot was resolved before him being able to neighborize anyone. Is that right? Otherwise we could at least get some info from his choice of target. The one thing that worries me is the "informed" part. The big question is which information he got. I might look into Loft`s ISO again to see where things might have been based on extra information (though it might be difficult to determine which might be "normal" mafia info and which the extra info).

I guess there is more to come after I had time to look at things and think about them a bit.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Wow, so Loftwing was scum all along. Instincts were right. That should give us a lot of helpful info, those who properly defended Loftwing will need to be looked at.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 294, Irrelephant11 wrote:loftwing/kenny/lowell feels way too easy, but I would also be shocked if it had 0 mafia in it
In post 396, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: loftwing
In post 410, Irrelephant11 wrote:all that said, I think loftwing looks great as a scum partner for kenny so I don't mind following fancypants there
In post 432, Irrelephant11 wrote:I think there's 1, maybe even 2 though that's less likely, in kenny/loftwing/malcolm. So I don't think you've got the whole team

I'm re-reading the interaction between lowell and malcolm and like really don't know what you're referring to as a scumclaim
In post 577, Irrelephant11 wrote:575 has good points. But on the other hand sometimes scum get defensive and flustered when pressured. Loftwing’s vote is the worst on the wagon so far, for sure, if Eira is town.

@malakittens @shoshin, thoughts on Eiralox ISO?
In post 759, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: loftwing
In post 785, Irrelephant11 wrote:CW could be scum trying to power a miselim through. I think loftwing is a pretty good flip

We should consider making a flip happen sooner rather than later because this weekend is a holiday weekend for everyone in the US and we have about 2.5 days left in this game day, during which the American players might barely post (e.g. me, I'll be hanging with family)
In post 879, Irrelephant11 wrote:I have no time to read the game but will hammer anything. Loftwing is my preference but I’ll help almost any wagon go through.
In post 998, Irrelephant11 wrote:Idk I’m just checking in and skimming for votes. It’s a holiday weekend. I think loftwing is probscum regardless of PR claim but I haven’t read like 5 pages or so. Just waiting to be told to switch or for people to finish off loftwing
I'd been very wary of Irrelephant D1 but there's strong and constant suspicion of Loftwing here. Pretty much confirmed town now I'd say.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 197, Confidently Wrong wrote:Wait i was trolling, loftwing is town
In post 402, Confidently Wrong wrote:Loftwing is town, unvote them and vote scumclaimed lowell
In post 488, Confidently Wrong wrote:
In post 481, MalcolmTucker wrote:VOTE: Loftwing

Subject to change but time to cast a vote somewhere. Not confident their opportunistic jumping around from wagon to wagon is townie. The vote on Mala felt particularly opportunistic as I said earlier on.
I think fundamentally the reasons you are presenting for reading people is flawed and not consistent(results wise) in any way.

So I envision it shall be difficult to convince you similarly to the last time we played together.

Jumping around wagon to wagon is not a scum behavior.
In post 542, Confidently Wrong wrote:
In post 166, Loftwing wrote:
In post 162, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 161, Loftwing wrote: in spoiler below
Spoiler:
In post 156, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Here's something we could all do. Give any three reads on any three players you are willing to make public. The consequences of not doing so will be determined by everyone that participates.

I'll start

Cat Scratch Fever - Town ()
FancyPants - Town ()
Eiralox - Town (Not answering questions)

I don't particularly have any reads.
Seen everyone's post? Select a few posts that are most alignment indicative for you now and get yourself a few.
I have read the entire game, and nothing is particularly notable.

I do think that CSF and BBT show a genuine interest in pushing the game forward, rather than a fabricated reason to go after their respective targets.
this for example is genuine, organic, vs proclaiming "I HAVE 12 PEOPLE NULL" and then force out reads to appear towny.
In post 684, Confidently Wrong wrote:I have Eira basically locked in as mafia and there is nothing that can happen that will cause me to stray from this course. The evidence is there. It is reasonable and it should prove that Eira is mafia. I'm going to be passive about the Mala and Lowell wagons as I like info but I'm actively against the current loftwing wagon.
In post 819, Confidently Wrong wrote:Good morning i slept all day

The people tunneling on loftwing need to stop when scum eira is right there.

I also am untownlocking irrelephant until they can explain where their mind went from Eira to Loftwing - I did not feel good about the last few pages and how they treated certain slots suddenly.
In post 900, Confidently Wrong wrote:Hi , loftwing is obvtown, lets vote out either lowell or eira please
In post 948, Confidently Wrong wrote:Im not frankly surprises that loftwing ended up being PR
I also believe Fredrick is a PR so they're off the fucking table
They'll fight tooth and nail against this for the entire day but I think we'd have a very good chance of CW flipping scum. It's quite possible that as a team they both planned it out for Loftwing to claim a role when they were under pressure and didn't expect Loftwing to then be eliminated from the game overnight.

CW's shift on Fredrick also feels more opportunistic now in retrospect, they clearly identified that Fredrick had a role but were willing to get on the wagon as it became a viable alternative to Loftwing.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 823, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm so far behind in this game, only read properly up to page 11.

Loftwing wagon seems bad though, likely scum on that push. Gonna try my best to catch up today
In post 869, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is there anyone openly opposing the Loftwing wagon except for myself? Lack of counter wagon should also be a concern if true.
In post 942, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 939, FancyPants wrote:The justification for voting Loft from him was kind of a lurker thing which he has shown interest in chasing.
Loftwing has more posts than Lowell, Malcolm, Cat, Kenny and Shoshin. I'm not sure a 'lurker' push is sufficient reason I'm afraid.
BBT was pretty defensive of Loftwing and could have been a teammate, especially given they very much engineered the push of Fredrick as an elimination. But, saying that, I do feel like their read on Fredrick felt quite organic and they may not have had any idea the push on Fredrick would actually result in an elimination. Less likely to be scum than CW but worth keeping an eye on.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

So post is the final vote count before Loftwing then claimed. I'd say everyone here looks like a pretty solid townblock now.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Everyone voting on Loftwing that is.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:12 pm

I'll explain my Loftwing read after CW explains why they were reading them as town
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by FancyPants »

@Malakittens and Lowell, who are your strongest bets for scum day 2?

CW and BBT somewhat tainted by Loftwing association but townies can just be wrong. CW read Loft as town based on meta, this contradicted my own meta reading of him, which makes CW slightly worse in my eyes. BBT seems like he's on this anyway.

@Gamma Emerald, welcome to the game, I'd be interested in what you have to say when you're caught up.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

My concern with CW is amplified by the fact they voted Fredrick when they had been claiming (correctly!) Fredrick had a role shortly beforehand. Feels incredibly opportunistic.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:23 pm

Fancy, was CWs read on Loft purely meta?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:35 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I feel like "meta" could be a perfectly good scum tactic to justify a TR on someone without having to go into any depth about why they are actually town based on their play.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 1070, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fancy, was CWs read on Loft purely meta?
I haven't reread the thread but that's what I can remember. Hold on.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by FancyPants »

OK found the relevant interactions.

I start pushing the loftwing slot, I dislike his vote and then jump off of Kenny, when I ask CW why he TR's Loft he says:

(vibes and meta are his reason for townreading loft).

Later I make a big case on loft based on my meta read and the original kenny vote/unvote

CW reaffirms Loft is Town:

I do ask for a clarification here:

I don't believe he clarifies further and at this point starts a long back and forth between Eira.

For what it's worth I'm going to find it hard to come to terms with CW-scum but I do see the case, it's just a bit too
obvious
. Does town CW defend his scum buddy like this? IDK,
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1073, FancyPants wrote:OK found the relevant interactions.

I start pushing the loftwing slot, I dislike his vote and then jump off of Kenny, when I ask CW why he TR's Loft he says:

(vibes and meta are his reason for townreading loft).

Later I make a big case on loft based on my meta read and the original kenny vote/unvote

CW reaffirms Loft is Town:

I do ask for a clarification here:

I don't believe he clarifies further and at this point starts a long back and forth between Eira.

For what it's worth I'm going to find it hard to come to terms with CW-scum but I do see the case, it's just a bit too
obvious
Does town CW defend his scum buddy like this?
IDK,
I think it's perfectly possible presuming CW was banking on Loftwing not being eliminated.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”