Enchant
Something_Smart (1):
Datisi
fireisredsir (1):
Save The Dragons

Not Voting (6):
Andante, fireisredsir, hutmeil, implosion, Something_Smart, Aristeia

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 3 is July 22 at 8:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-07-22 20:00:00)

NOTE:
I made an error updating the OP and put the wrong flip there, the post at day start is the correct flip. The OP has been corrected.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1993, Something_Smart wrote:C'mon, you should know better than that.
okay. what information have the votecounts from the past two days given you so far?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i probably should have read an SS scumgame before making assumptions about how he would play as scum and townreading him based on those assumptions

he can be a bit more aggressive than i expected. he is also very aware of his own meta and people's read on his meta and capable of adjusting his play based on that, so the somewhat out-of-character votes in this game on mala in d1 and d2 are i think actually mildly scum-indicative? bc as scum he has incentive to be out-of-character from how people expect him to play scum (they will townread him for breaking his scum-meta, and i think he would be playing around ari's expectations here), but there isn't much reason for him to take that sort of aggressive action as town bc he doesn't really do it as town either

im also still not really clear at all on how he came to the conclusion that scum didn't figure out that gamma was a mason. i think if he's considering me as possible scum then there's no reason for him to come to that conclusion, and instead his suspicion of me should have increased

i assumed that gamma died bc scum thought she was a mason, bc i don't think scum would really be that worried about silencing gamma otherwise. the only exception to that is andante, bc i think andante is unpredictable in what she latches onto in people's perceptions of her, and may have had a distorted view of how strongly gamma scumread her. so, with that assumption, i looked for who i thought may have figured that out, and SS was one possibility of someone who could have. we seem to have a generally similar read on the game, so i would expect his thought process as town on this point to be similar to my own, which is why it doesn't make sense to me that he landed on the conclusion that he did
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It's not like scum have mystical divining abilities, they have the same information we do. What in Gamma's ISO indicates that he's a mason?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2003, Something_Smart wrote:It's not like scum have mystical divining abilities, they have the same information we do.
bruh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

it is much easier for scum to find masons bc for a vt, weird associatives could either be mason-indicative or scum-indicative. scum can rule one of those out. im not sure i really believe that you think it would be difficult for scum to have figured out gamma was a mason here?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Datisi »

also, scum already has info on two players that are definitely *not* masons
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 am

In post 2005, fireisredsir wrote:it is much easier for scum to find masons bc for a vt, weird associatives could either be mason-indicative or scum-indicative.
If that's how they found Gamma, then they found two masons at the same time and chose to kill Gamma first, so his reads still would factor in.

Obviously don't say if you see any, but I don't see any interactions that read as particularly mason-y to me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Datisi »

there are other ways to hunt for masons when you know they're in the game. but i'm not sure it's actually beneficial talking about it.

the question in wasn't rhetorical, btw
~M
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:33 am

Post by implosion »

golly i was thinking on pages 78-79 that the scumteam was fire+s_s and then i got to page 80 and saw votes for both of them and that brings me a little joy i guess.

still reading and will have more specific comments shortly
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:37 am

Post by implosion »

I feel a certain fervor from Enchant that I think they tend to lack as scum? I feel like the "why are yall not blaming datisi for the hammer" thing is just not really the tact that scum-Enchant tends to take in this situation.

I actually didn't agree with Datisi at the moment when he made , but then the rest of Ari's posting on that page is kind of convincing me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:42 am

Post by implosion »

(Congrats STD!!!!)

I think I maybe need to reread that one game I just remembered where I lost to Enchant scum which is white flag i think. Or at least look at it a bit. But maybe I'll actually never get to it.

This is kind of a hard game at this point.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Datisi »

yeah, i find ari's emotion there genuine

and i also don't think she'd bother to be faking it as scum

and even if she was, i don't think she'd then go "i think enchant is Town, Actually"
~M
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:46 am

Post by implosion »

Yeah that third step was important in my mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:49 am

In post 2008, Datisi wrote:the question in wasn't rhetorical, btw
now that we have a mason flip I am not really interested in talking about wagons, beyond the obvious observation that being on the PP wagon is +town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Datisi »

i know trying to get reads from enchant is often a fool's errand, but i think the difference here is that enchant themselves alluded to having reads and thinking about the game. so the fact that they're kind of... unable to actually reproduce any of those reads is lowkey concerning.

like, enchant doing nothing would be whatever. enchant doing things would be weird, but also nice. but enchant going "i had reads! we should look for towns!" etc., and then straight up not doing that feels odd

when i say that enchant's fooled me before based on tone/wim, i'm mostly thinking about that weird guardians of the fortress knockoff game that implo modded. should i give it another look? yes. am i lazy and will i therefore not do that right now and instead just ask implo what he thinks? also yes.

implo, what do you think?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2014, Something_Smart wrote:now that we have a mason flip I am not really interested in talking about wagons
i am not sure how the second part follows from the first part

but also like, you knew this game had masons. what was then the point with tying the wagons on d1 and talking about how it's a great source of info and whatnot if you're just not gonna use that info?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:59 am

Ari bullied me into untying the wagons and then the hutmeil wagon didn't seriously threaten the PP one. The only person who voted when the wagons were somewhat close was STD, whom I townread, and that is part of the reason why.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2015, Datisi wrote:i know trying to get reads from enchant is often a fool's errand, but i think the difference here is that enchant themselves alluded to having reads and thinking about the game. so the fact that they're kind of... unable to actually reproduce any of those reads is lowkey concerning.

like, enchant doing nothing would be whatever. enchant doing things would be weird, but also nice. but enchant going "i had reads! we should look for towns!" etc., and then straight up not doing that feels odd

when i say that enchant's fooled me before based on tone/wim, i'm mostly thinking about that weird guardians of the fortress knockoff game that implo modded. should i give it another look? yes. am i lazy and will i therefore not do that right now and instead just ask implo what he thinks? also yes.

implo, what do you think?
Why you think i am not doing.

I actually brainstorming, just not flexing about it.

Right now think Ari is likely town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2018, Enchant wrote:Why you think i am not doing.
because you did not post anything to indicate that you're actually thinking about this game? and because when asked what reads you made in the 8 hours prior to your rep-in, you had one (1) read based on one (1) post?
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2019, Datisi wrote:
In post 2018, Enchant wrote:Why you think i am not doing.
because you did not post anything to indicate that you're actually thinking about this game? and because when asked what reads you made in the 8 hours prior to your rep-in, you had one (1) read based on one (1) post?
I AM SLOW OKAY?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean it's also awfully convenient that your one and only read was a scumread on a person that was at y-1 at the time of your replace in, that you hammered immediately upon replace in, and only announced that "you really did have a scumread there!!" the next day, but what do i know
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Enchant »

Like i can't ask teammate for belivable fakereads or use random.org of course
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Enchant »

I mean it's incredible NAI for me.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2018, Enchant wrote:Right now think Ari is likely town.
ari hasn't posted between this post and your previous post, so i'm assuming you were townreading her then too, but you're still voting her
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”