Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:I stand by my grow a thicker skin comment.
It is the principle of the thing, JDodge. What example does this set for newbies, why do you think the "standard of play has fallen"? Could it be because your own has? Or do you only care about the end result?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Adel wrote:I totally want to read LG and SensFan's daytalking thread. Please post a link to it guys.

BTW, SensFan, I recognize that I was being a bit of a jerk towards you, and I apologize if you took offense, but I did feel a little aggravated that you hammered so early on page 2. I was really looking forward to playing a close game, and it seemed to me that you were just throwing away your chances of winning.
Why did you think you could get away with it?
Neither of us expected 2-3 hours of post-death talk. We talked in AIM. If Sens wants me to put it up, I'll look through my logs, otherwise, I'm not putting it up.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:I totally want to read LG and SensFan's daytalking thread. Please post a link to it guys.

BTW, SensFan, I recognize that I was being a bit of a jerk towards you, and I apologize if you took offense, but I did feel a little aggravated that you hammered so early on page 2. I was really looking forward to playing a close game, and it seemed to me that you were just throwing away your chances of winning.
Why did you think you could get away with it?
Neither of us expected 2-3 hours of post-death talk. We talked in AIM. If Sens wants me to put it up, I'll look through my logs, otherwise, I'm not putting it up.
To add: I doubt if you want to read it, we were both extremely angry with the play that was going on, and frankly, I never expected it in this game. I doubt that there is anyway to dredge this game from the muck, and take it for anything but. I am disappointed.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Adel »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:With all this horrible logic flying around, the blatant backtracking, and the massive amounts of ad hominem that are spewing from JDodge and Adel, this decision has been made easy for me. If you two are allowed to win for simply badmouthing, then I too, give up hope for this game. I am appalled at the play of the so-called "pros". This is sub-par by any standards. This, in addition to their general play, self-absolution, and false arguments, it is clear to me.
Vote: Adel
I still stand by this post. The level of insult while the game was going on was just unacceptable.
A large part of mafia is psychological. The level of insults in this game was pretty modest.

I would've played in a much tighter, well-researched, and civil style had it not been for the page 2 hammer. The outright stupidity of that dazzled me, and I had trouble staying serious about this game after that. It only took me a little while to figure out if SensFan had a high enough opinion of his own ability as scum to get away with audacious shit like that, or if he was an idiot, to make up my mind. After I saw the game where he faked a really silly vote restriction as scum, I knew his ego was definitely big enough to attempt to get away with a page 2 hammer as scum.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Adel »

Battousai wrote:I feel disappointed. It took me a long, long time to acquire all the games I've been in and sort them, only to have no one look at them...
It will save you time in the future-- you only have to do it once if you do it on your wiki page, then you can just tell people to go to your wiki page.

LG- my working definition of a Newbie is someone with less than 500 game posts... and nobody in this game is close to being a newbie.

You can't take insults personally -- we are playing a game, and we talk "in character". The insults I wrote were far from sincere -- they were written to access JDodge's alignment and to push SensFan around a bit.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by andersonw »

End of Day 2 Votecount
SensFan-3 (Adel, JDodge, Battousai)
Adel-2 (SensFan, Lord Gurgi)

SensFan has been lynched. He was a
Mafia Lover
Lord Gurgi,
Mafia Lover
, suicides.

Town wins!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Adel »

Thanks for modding. I hope it wasn't too much of a time commitment for you (/joke)
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by andersonw »

Well, that was a weird first moderated game. I hope that it counts, but if it doesn't, I could run it again, if that's allowed :P

SensFan hammering on page 2 was really surprising to me, that basic fact pretty much assured he was dead, and I don't think he could have persuaded Battousai not to vote him in any situation (btw, they never posted anything in their quicktopic).

Also, I didn't really like the flaming going on, but I understand why it happened, I guess.
Adel wrote:I hope it wasn't too much of a time commitment for you
Are you kidding me?? I had to cancel like 4 appointments and miss school for a day to mod this game!!! [/joke]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, a win is a win, I guess.

The setup worked as it is intended -- town gathers information from day 1 interactions and moves on to day two. I'm not mad at Jdodge or Adel for their roles in lynching me, and LG and Sens weren't on my team. I am annoyed I was the random day 1 lynch, but there has to be one.

Good job at not letting Sens get away with the hammer -- it is precisely for meta-situations such as this that townies should not hammer too early -- if we allow townies to do it scum could do it here.

Good job Adel, Batt, Jdodge, I look forward to playing with you again.

I didn't really read where the insults started so I have no comments on that.

Not sure why LG and Sens thought the quick hammer was the best play, or why they thought I would be silent upon death.

~Guardian
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:wow, that's really dumb.

I remember why I quit mafia.

Batt is definitely town. 100%. This is a confirmed townie speaking: Batt is definitely town.

lynch Adel. Adel calling for my lynch was bullshit and antithetical to her information gathering Modus Operandi.

Summary:
Batt 100% town
Adel 95% scum

thanks for the game..
95% scum, really?
I wanted to pressure your scumbuddy by leaving you at lynch -1. I did a quick check before the game stated to make sure that there wasn't a potential village idiot in the game, so I figured that letting you dangle there wasn't a bad idea.

SensFan: why did you think that hammering Guardian was a good idea?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by Guardian »

Adel wrote:
Guardian wrote:wow, that's really dumb.

I remember why I quit mafia.

Batt is definitely town. 100%. This is a confirmed townie speaking: Batt is definitely town.

lynch Adel. Adel calling for my lynch was bullshit and antithetical to her information gathering Modus Operandi.

Summary:
Batt 100% town
Adel 95% scum

thanks for the game..
95% scum, really?
I wanted to pressure your scumbuddy by leaving you at lynch -1. I did a quick check before the game stated to make sure that there wasn't a potential village idiot in the game, so I figured that letting you dangle there wasn't a bad idea.

SensFan: why did you think that hammering Guardian was a good idea?
I did not realize that you calling for my lynch was in jest. Had I been around much longer I would have started going after you.
Do not lynch me.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 am

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:I did not realize that you calling for my lynch was in jest.
Gee, what do you know?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:14 am

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:Good job Adel, Batt, Jdodge, I look forward to playing with you again.
Can I ask if this means you have no intentions of playing with me again?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 am

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:SensFan: why did you think that hammering Guardian was a good idea?
]
If I can dig up the AIM log, I will. Gurgi, I think posting it only serves to futher discussion here, so if you could, that'd be great.

Anyways, with 3 people (what it appeared to be, Adel, although I know JDodge and Guaradian were legit) calling for a hammer, it seemed ideal. I still think your whole case against me was shit, and I don't understand why I was voted by Batt. I have just as much tendency to take risks as Town, if not more, than when I'm Scum.

On the insults note, I appreciate the apology. Personally, though, I do not feel that insults should be a part of the game, and I definatively react like this to them regardless of my alignment. If this game hadn't been a 2-3 endgame, I likely would have replaced out.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote: I still think your whole case against me was shit, and I don't understand why I was voted by Batt.
do you mind if I sig this?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Guardian »

SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:Good job Adel, Batt, Jdodge, I look forward to playing with you again.
Nope -- I look forward to playing with you too.

Although I might not play again anytime soon. This game reminded me why I can get very frustrated by mafia.
Do not lynch me.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Battousai »

I was voting scumpairs, not single scum. I felt it there was a stronger link between Sen/LG than Adel/JD. Also, I added in scummy things by LG to Sen and it was more convincing than all of Adel/JD's.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 am

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:
SensFan wrote: I still think your whole case against me was shit, and I don't understand why I was voted by Batt.
do you mind if I sig this?
Is the intention to make me look bad? If not, go ahead.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:34 am

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Nope -- I look forward to playing with you too.

Although I might not play again anytime soon. This game reminded me why I can get very frustrated by mafia.
Yeah, sorry about the quickhammer on you, by the way. I hope you now realize it was nothing personal, and done for tactical reasons, and not because I dislike you or thought a hammer was at all justified.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm curious to hear everyone's thought on this set up. What worked? What didn't work? Any changes or problems? I'm shocked how quick this game went and yes andersonw this counts as a modded game.
Thanks!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Adel »

farside22 wrote:I'm curious to hear everyone's thought on this set up. What worked? What didn't work? Any changes or problems? I'm shocked how quick this game went and yes andersonw this counts as a modded game.
Thanks!
I don't think there is anything wrong with the setup. Try running it again.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It's rather unforgiving to the scum, one mistake is game over, but the town can screw up once without penalty.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:It's rather unforgiving to the scum, one mistake is game over, but the town can screw up once without penalty.
That compensates for the natural advantage the scum gain from nightlessness,
especially
when they can coordinate unlimitedly during the day.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:It's rather unforgiving to the scum, one mistake is game over, but the town can screw up once without penalty.
I will have to read over the game myself. But typically when mafia screws up they are lynched. However knowing once one scum messes up they both die you have to be a bit more devious and town at the same time.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
That compensates for the natural advantage the scum gain from nightlessness,
especially
when they can coordinate unlimitedly during the day.
What if you add a Townie, remove nightless, and remove daytalk?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”