Micro 1058: Is This Thing Loaded? -- Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 98, Ph0enix wrote:I see no point leaving a vote that was made in the first post of the game with no reasoning behind it, now that there's enough content generated that votes are no longer without reason. Unvoting does not mean I'm "going nowhere with it".
but, it does mean exactly that though. My view is that your vote should always be on your strongest scumread (or on a wagon you support) - voting nobody accomplishes absolutely nothing. Unvoting and not voting somebody new is basically just signaling "I have no one I believe might be scum right now" which is a completely non-game-advancing position to have
We agree to disagree, I suppose. I don't see how a vote in and of itself accomplishes anything as well. I can vote all I want and always be on my strongest SR, but if I don't have much to back it up, why bother? If I don't have something in particular to go off of, why vote? I suppose you could say votes force people into taking stances, as you said. That may be true, you've played longer on site than I have. It's just that a vote (or multiple votes) against me itself does nothing in terms of forcing me to take a stance, it's the arguments it's surrounded by that force me to do it. That may just be me, though, if it works in general then by all means, I will be more aggressive with my votes in the future.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

GuiltyLion wrote: This is a terrible reply, to compare yourself to Galron in this way. Are you implying that I should be reading you two the same? Why? I have played several games with Galron scum and Galron town, to the point where I have a feel of how he posts as scum and how he posts as town, and his early game so far reminds me of games I've played with him as town.

I disagree that "asking questions" is townie or intrinsically better than doing nothing. Consider that scum's goal and purpose is to
appear town
, and the fundamental crux of the vibe I dislike from you is that you are
trying to appear
town and useful. I'm not scumreading you for lack of doing anything, I'm scumreading you for a lack of actual purpose behind your posts that would help you sort players.
Well that changes things then, you didn't specify that the reason you TR Galron was because of previous games. I thought you were going off of generated content alone, which I found frustrating because I don't see how Galron's contribution itself thus far makes him a TR in your eyes. The reason I compared myself to him was that I think I've contributed more based on my posts thus far. Now, is that AI? No, it's not, BUT you TR-ing Galron without giving any reason for that at the beginning led me to believe that the content of his posts in a vacuum is what led you to TR him, in which case you TR-ing him while SR-ing me for the same reason sounded hypocritical to me.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

GuiltyLion wrote: do you think this is something that town!GL does not do?
I was going to say I would like to believe town!GL would need stronger arguments than what you provided to start a wagon against me. That being said, the more I read your recent posts, the more I think this whole exchange between us is more of a playstyle clash than anything. Now that you've provided information about the way you play, I'm starting to understand the reason behind your vote initially.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

GuiltyLion wrote: oh and also the "why me?" and how he brings Galron into the mix. Like he makes assumptions about why I'm townreading Galron and explicitly says Galron offers no information to him - implying Galron should not be TR and/or I should also be scumreading Galron if I'm scumreading him? - but then ultimately arrives at a Galron TR by the end of the post, which would make his earlier point obsolete.

And I get that Galron hadn't posted when I expressed my TR, but still a "why aren't you also finding this player scummy, who I am townreading btw" thought process feels manufactured to me.
I arrived at a Galron TR because I SR-ed you, and my point was that scum!Galron and scum!GL existing in the same game is extremely unlikely based on what's been posted so far.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

GuiltyLion wrote:
or like, what's the point of this? "I TR Dunn for it, but let's not
hard
TR him for it"??

Phoenix, I'll give you a genuine reach out here in case I am wrong so far, it's this kinda thing that makes me scumread you.
alignments aren't a spectrum they're a binary
, so while I can understand varying degrees of confidence in reads I don't vibe with expressing them in this super non-committal tentative form. End of the day, either Dunn's town or he's not, and if you think town!Dunn is more likely, there's no point to dinging him when other people also think he's town. It comes across as trying to break up a town bloc and trying to make him generally less townread by everybody.

And if you
don't
think town!Dunn is more likely, then you wouldn't be saying he's a "possible slight TR", cause he's not.

ultimately I just don't even understand what's the value of a "possible slight TR", like if your point here is "don't bet the game on town Dunn", I don't think anyone is really doing that and I don't immediately understand what your goal is in posting that.
Again, I can't really agree with the bolded part. I do see alignments as a spectrum, no two TRs or SRs are the same in my opinion. As for the "non-comittal tentative form", I don't see alignments in a spectrum as an excuse to not commit to anything, I just don't have anything so far to suggest a hard TR on anybody. At the same time, I saw people fairly confidently say Dunn is town, which, if you really see alignments as a binary, I fully agree with. Dunn is more of a TR than a SR, that's for sure. However, saying it with that much confidence from my point of view puts it near the end of the TR spectrum, which, given the limited information we're working with so far, I don't agree with. That's what my problem is and why I suggested a slight TR on Dunn as opposed to your seemingly more confident TRs, cause I saw your TRs as a bit of a stretch. My point as to the "possible slight TR" was that I believe you're giving Dunn too much credit and it may come back to bite you in the ass later.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

The more I read, the more the whole exchange between me and GL sounds like two Townies with different playstyles pointing fingers at one another.

UNVOTE:

I really need more from some players, but especially Sara's slot. She basically hasn't said anything since the beginning of the game. Though, I would like to hear Bambi's and Galron's thoughts as well. Any reads? What do you make of my exchange with GL? Anything else you want to add?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:34 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

(I was about to write a long post but decided to break it into several before posting it, that's why they're posted in the same time.)
Sara
Sara
Goon
Sara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by Sara »

I think Galron, Ph0enix, GL and kuti could be town
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 132, Sara wrote:I think Galron, Ph0enix, GL and kuti could be town
Could you elaborate a bit more on these?

On a different note, I think setting an avatar would be a good idea cause it helps players recognize you more easily.
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:17 am

Post by kutiplz »

Uhhh my pronouns are they/them but I'm going to respond soon. Just procrastinating instead of prepping fire interviews
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:18 am

Post by kutiplz »

In post 119, Bambi Jay wrote:Calling it fake derp for shading purposes is not appreciated but acknowledged for when I shoot you tonight Kuti.
Oh :( I don't even want to vote you. It's just what I thought
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Yeah yeah. But thoughts are dangerous to have when at least three of us are vigilantes with an itchy trigger finger, blank or not.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Galron »

Sara why those town reads?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Galron »

Ok with my Ph0enix vote.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Alexcellent »

@Bambi
In post 106, Alexcellent wrote:@Bambi, what do you think of Dunnstral's push on Frogster?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Ph0enix »

kutiplz wrote:Uhhh my pronouns are they/them but I'm going to respond soon. Just procrastinating instead of prepping fire interviews
Sorry about that, my bad.
Galron wrote:Ok with my Ph0enix vote.
Why?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 132, Sara wrote:I think Galron, Ph0enix, GL and kuti could be town
Why these? Do you have any scum reads?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I am mixed and am unsure what to think about Bambi and her repeated threats towards Kuti. But also idk what town!Bambi is like tbf but scum!Bambi was more talkative than this...
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I've read back through the GL/Phoenix stuff a few times and yeah, I dunno. I at least think it's not a Phoenix/GL scum team. And I kinda feel that it's not a GL/Galron scum team either so that's neat. There's stuff in there that I dislike but it's probably more that I disagree with so I'm just going to roll with the idea that it's probably TvT.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Galron »

In post 140, Ph0enix wrote:
kutiplz wrote:Uhhh my pronouns are they/them but I'm going to respond soon. Just procrastinating instead of prepping fire interviews
Sorry about that, my bad.
Galron wrote:Ok with my Ph0enix vote.
Why?
Your posting this page is over-explainy, like you're trying to rationalize your actions in your own head.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 144, Galron wrote: Your posting this page is over-explainy, like you're trying to rationalize your actions in your own head.
I'm just having a discussion with GL, I have no need to rationalize my actions in my own head. As for the over-explainy part, that's how I always play.

Any thoughts on the other players?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 142, Alexcellent wrote:I am mixed and am unsure what to think about Bambi and her repeated threats towards Kuti. But also idk what town!Bambi is like tbf but scum!Bambi was more talkative than this...
I think that's just banter, so NAI. I'm more worried about the general lack of participation on her part. Though hopefully that clears up when she answers these:
Ph0enix wrote: I really need more from some players, but especially Sara's slot. She basically hasn't said anything since the beginning of the game. Though, I would like to hear Bambi's and Galron's thoughts as well. Any reads? What do you make of my exchange with GL? Anything else you want to add?
Alexcellent wrote:@Bambi
In post 106, Alexcellent wrote:@Bambi, what do you think of Dunnstral's push on Frogster?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Pavowski »

*yawn*