Micro 1058: Is This Thing Loaded? -- Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Day 1 Ends.
Bambi Jay
has been eliminated day 1. Bambi Jay was a
Town SuperSaint

Dunnstral
whacked a SuperSaint with a hammer and exploded. Dunnstral was a
Town Vigilante

Day 1 has ended. Night 1 begins now and will last for (expired on 2022-07-25 21:41:57).

All night actions must be submitted via PM or PT by that time or no action will be taken.

If all living players request it, the night may end early.

Sleep well, if you can.[/area]
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I am unlikely to be around to unlock the thread this evening -- I will get to it first thing in the AM. Sorry for the delay.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Day 2 Begins.

Galron
has died. Galron was a
Town Vigilante

Sara
has died. Sara was a
Mafia Goon

Day 2 begins now and will last for (expired on 2022-08-02 05:07:32).[/area]
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Official Round 2.0 Votecount

EliminationWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Not Voting (5): Ph0enix, kutiplz, Frogsterking, Guiltylion, Alexcellent

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-08-02 05:07:32)

Mod notes:
Click here for mod/VC iso.
:nerd:
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 160, GuiltyLion wrote:
I want to actually sit with his posts though and think through what others have said in response - please no "killing" yet lol
I probably should be annoyed at how D1 ended but this in retrospect is pretty hilarious considering what followed it.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 135, kutiplz wrote:
In post 119, Bambi Jay wrote:Calling it fake derp for shading purposes is not appreciated but acknowledged for when I shoot you tonight Kuti.
Oh :( I don't even want to vote you. It's just what I thought
In post 162, kutiplz wrote:OK I'm back.

Reread the game.

Fresh minds fresh reads.

I was too harsh on my read for Phoenix. I apologize for that.

. VOTE: bambi
Kuti could you walk me through the progression here? How did your read change when you re-read the game?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Ph0enix »

I still can't comprehend what happened at the end of D1...

I'm struggling to figure out why Scum chose to kill Galron of all people. I was sure Alex wasn't surviving the night, given that he was basically universally TR-ed and he had a good D1. Furthermore, Galron was on the wagon against me, so leaving him alive would make it easier for me to get eliminated today.

Like, killing Alex just made sense from a Scum POV. Town losing what can be considered one of their leaders on D1 would be a huge blow. The question is whether the value of killing Alex was outweighed by leaving him alive and killing someone else, because anything but an Alex kill on N1 points to him, IMO. But even that doesn't necessarily add up, cause the question remains - why Galron then? Surely GL would have been a better option, though there's the argument that our discussion we started on D1 that's bound to continue today would not be able to continue today had GL been killed N1. The other scenario is GL is Scum after all - Alex being essentially "framed" would make most sense in a scenario where GL is Scum, cause then it would make sense why GL wasn't killed on N1.

Also, provided Alex was Scum, why would he choose to essentially act as a mediator between me and GL on D1? It would have been easier to just pick a side and vote against me.

Gah, I'm confused. I would love to hear the others' thoughts on this. Solely based on the NK, I think scum!GL or scum!Alex makes the most sense.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 181, Ph0enix wrote:I still can't comprehend what happened at the end of D1...

I'm struggling to figure out why Scum chose to kill Galron of all people. I was sure Alex wasn't surviving the night, given that he was basically universally TR-ed and he had a good D1. Furthermore, Galron was on the wagon against me, so leaving him alive would make it easier for me to get eliminated today.

Like, killing Alex just made sense from a Scum POV. Town losing what can be considered one of their leaders on D1 would be a huge blow. The question is whether the value of killing Alex was outweighed by leaving him alive and killing someone else, because anything but an Alex kill on N1 points to him, IMO. But even that doesn't necessarily add up, cause the question remains - why Galron then? Surely GL would have been a better option, though there's the argument that our discussion we started on D1 that's bound to continue today would not be able to continue today had GL been killed N1. The other scenario is GL is Scum after all - Alex being essentially "framed" would make most sense in a scenario where GL is Scum, cause then it would make sense why GL wasn't killed on N1.

Also, provided Alex was Scum, why would he choose to essentially act as a mediator between me and GL on D1? It would have been easier to just pick a side and vote against me.

Gah, I'm confused. I would love to hear the others' thoughts on this. Solely based on the NK, I think scum!GL or scum!Alex makes the most sense.
The problem with this is that I can apply very similar logic towards you or GL. GL can probably do the same towards you or me. I hate these kinds of discussions because they're so WIFOMy and talking about NKs usually devolves into speculation and circular logic. Part of me dislikes this post, but part of me does kind of get it because it is admittedly a weird kill and I'm on board with the paranoia.
Tbh I thought you or GL would be dead given you two had the most interaction and activity - although I guess you did have votes on you, but then maybe if you're scum you killed Galron since he was on your wagon? Or if you're not scum, maybe scum killed Galron to frame you? I don't really know, that kill is weird
I actually did think I was going to die as well, if not by mafias, but by a vig kill given Bambi outright asked people to shoot me.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 132, Sara wrote:I think Galron, Ph0enix, GL and kuti could be town
Wouldn't mind input here. Do we think Sara throws her partner's name in here or is this straight up a list of town people?

Only people alive not in this list are myself and Frog.

It's a weird post and I'm not sure which way to swing on it. But also there's not much to look at in her ISO given she only posted 3 times. She voted Frog at start of day, unvoted, and then there's the above post. That's pretty much it.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 183, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 132, Sara wrote:I think Galron, Ph0enix, GL and kuti could be town
Wouldn't mind input here. Do we think Sara throws her partner's name in here or is this straight up a list of town people?

Only people alive not in this list are myself and Frog.

It's a weird post and I'm not sure which way to swing on it. But also there's not much to look at in her ISO given she only posted 3 times. She voted Frog at start of day, unvoted, and then there's the above post. That's pretty much it.
Given that from what I learned based on this game and skimming through the other game she's in right now, she's an inexperienced player, I'm inclined to believe she would put her partner in there. I know I'd do the same if it was literally my first Mafia game ever, which I believe it is for her. Then again, I don't think there's any information to gain out of Sara's ISO - even though my gut tells me she would put her partner in her TRs, it's 50/50.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

This is 4v1 right not 3 v2?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 185, Frogsterking wrote:This is 4v1 right not 3 v2?
Yep.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 181, Ph0enix wrote:I'm struggling to figure out why Scum chose to kill Galron of all people. I was sure Alex wasn't surviving the night, given that he was basically universally TR-ed and he had a good D1. Furthermore, Galron was on the wagon against me, so leaving him alive would make it easier for me to get eliminated today.
I think it's probably important.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:38 am

Post by kutiplz »

I shot Sara btw and I was right
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 188, kutiplz wrote:I shot Sara btw and I was right
Nice shootin' Tex

Do you have any thoughts on the night kill?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Probably no else claim. I don't think that's the right play for today.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 187, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 181, Ph0enix wrote:I'm struggling to figure out why Scum chose to kill Galron of all people. I was sure Alex wasn't surviving the night, given that he was basically universally TR-ed and he had a good D1. Furthermore, Galron was on the wagon against me, so leaving him alive would make it easier for me to get eliminated today.
I mean, Ph0enix are you assessing the night kill to be a bad choice?
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:42 am

Post by kutiplz »

In post 180, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 135, kutiplz wrote:
In post 119, Bambi Jay wrote:Calling it fake derp for shading purposes is not appreciated but acknowledged for when I shoot you tonight Kuti.
Oh :( I don't even want to vote you. It's just what I thought
In post 162, kutiplz wrote:OK I'm back.

Reread the game.

Fresh minds fresh reads.

I was too harsh on my read for Phoenix. I apologize for that.

. VOTE: bambi
Kuti could you walk me through the progression here? How did your read change when you re-read the game?
Bambi response to me esp about saying they were going to nk me felt way too much for the situation. Their responses to others felt like they were boxxed in. I have no idea why Dunn hammered tho.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Fair I guess.
I low key respect Dunn's hammer even if it was awful.
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:46 am

Post by kutiplz »

In post 189, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 188, kutiplz wrote:I shot Sara btw and I was right
Nice shootin' Tex

Do you have any thoughts on the night kill?
No idea why galron.

Maybe mafia wanted to cause people to tinfoil Alex since he's been leading town and very vocal? Maybe they kept Alex alive because his reads fit mafia agenda?

Galron just kinda existed and didn't really face any strong push so I guess it was a fair kill so that town can all attack each other for that eod.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Ph0enix »

In post 191, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 187, Frogsterking wrote:
I mean, Ph0enix are you assessing the night kill to be a bad choice?
No, I don't. Alex made a good point in 182 - when I was playing scenarios in my head as to why Scum would choose Galron, I didn't look at a scenario where I'm Scum, cause I know my alignment. That being said - killing Galron kills two birds with one stone - on the one hand, as I said, Alex was an obvious choice for a kill. I don't think I was as much as he was, cause I had votes on me and he didn't. So Alex not being killed N1 puts pressure on him and makes us take a scum!Alex scenario into account. On the other hand, killing Galron also puts pressure on me, cause the kill makes sense from a scum!me POV as well - Galron was on my wagon yesterday, plus me killing Galron means not killing Alex and that makes his life on D2 harder as well for the same reasons outlined above.

My point is this kill makes both me and Alex look bad, IMO. That's why I think it's a good kill.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 195, Ph0enix wrote:My point is this kill makes both me and Alex look bad, IMO. That's why I think it's a good kill.
So it's unlikely Sara suggested the kill.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:27 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Unless you think Alex didnt have any great alternatives.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Ph0enix
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Ph0enix »

Frogsterking wrote:Unless you think Alex didnt have any great alternatives.
Given your vote and this post I'm assuming you think Alex had an alternative. Who would that be?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”