Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:29 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 246, Xayah wrote:I can easily point to things I think look villagery in a lot of players or at least the effort put into the stuff they're doing. I cannot make that claim about you or scammper.

I don't think effort correlates to alignment unless there's established meta that makes the read better than rand.

I think your line runs more along the vein of "she's not efforted as much as everyone else so she doesn't deserve to survive today
yet
" which is unlikely to be compelling to anyone. I think you need to push harder to actually get things to happen.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:30 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 249, Datisi wrote:
In post 246, Xayah wrote:Datisi's posting have very basic level solving with fluff inside it to add onto the posts given.
is this supposed to be scummy? or like do you think it is

and i'm not sure i get how i'd be getting threadspewed townie there
I kind of chuckled when she started calling you basic.

I feel slightly guilty about this
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:40 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 249, Datisi wrote:
In post 246, Xayah wrote:Datisi's posting have very basic level solving with fluff inside it to add onto the posts given.
is this supposed to be scummy? or like do you think it is

and i'm not sure i get how i'd be getting threadspewed townie there
I don't think reasons people are townreading are reasons that I think I would TR you for, and I can't tell if it's just simple disagreement or that people know you and are using meta reasons
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:43 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 250, Aristeia wrote:
In post 246, Xayah wrote:I can easily point to things I think look villagery in a lot of players or at least the effort put into the stuff they're doing. I cannot make that claim about you or scammper.

I don't think effort correlates to alignment unless there's established meta that makes the read better than rand.

I think your line runs more along the vein of "she's not efforted as much as everyone else so she doesn't deserve to survive today
yet
" which is unlikely to be compelling to anyone. I think you need to push harder to actually get things to happen.
That isn't what I'm basing my reads on at all but I guess that falls on me for needing to give a better explanation. Effort doesn't=AI nor is it the reason I took people off the D1 list. It simple falls under "I see reason to take XYZ off. I don't see reason to take ABC off." As for the push harder part? Yeah, I already know that if I want to get the results I want I need to put more reasons on the table but I'm not the kind of person to really build a case until I'm confident in the read. Until then I consider myself a reactive player.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:45 am

Post by Aristeia »

Is there anyone in the PL that you think would have difficulty "looking villagery" if they are mafia?
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:48 am

Post by Xayah »

I don't think it's hard for anyone to look like a conventional villager as mafia considering it's a basic skill and I will play this game under the assumption everyone knows what they're doing to some degree. Plus I don't know any of you so I don't think I could even answer that statement without it being a shot in the dark.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 255, Xayah wrote:I don't think it's hard for anyone to look like a conventional villager as mafia considering it's a basic skill and I will play this game under the assumption everyone knows what they're doing to some degree. Plus I don't know any of you so I don't think I could even answer that statement without it being a shot in the dark.

This is why I don't think the way you are sorting is going to be very productive or accurate.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 am

Post by Xayah »

I am known for my above avg read rate so for now I will just have to trust that my style of sorting players works. It has been a minute since I've been on this site so only time will tell.

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:24 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 209, scamper wrote:
In post 207, Datisi wrote:i feel like you're still not understanding what i'm saying in that post or the posts leading up to it, but i am about to pass out so. tomorrow i will rephrase if needed ig
no i'm pretty sure i understand, it's just that i don't agree with your thinking, i don't see coral/xayah as "easy" misyeets, you seem to think they are clearly town and me not seeing this reflects poorly on my alignment, i don't agree with your reasons for townreading them and the logic for doing so seems kind of reach-y

and all that being said i don't really know what it means for your alignment this game
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Straw_Man
Imprefection is the spice of life.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:25 am

Post by scamper »

In post 222, Galron wrote:
In post 219, Galron wrote:
In post 217, Ausuka wrote:
In post 210, Galron wrote:
In post 196, Donempire wrote:Remember how i said we needed someone on L-1? The one being wagoned is a factor in contributing to discussion, but so is everyone else on the wagon. Once the wagon disperses, there will be many posts to retroactively read , at least 4 vote posts for example. That way with a simple shitwagon in rvs you end up forcing 5 people to participate! You end up with someone who is a hard read by most of the town, lots of posts to investigate, maybe a claim.
Now that i said this, lolwagoning scamper probably wont have the same effect. But i can still make a solid case against scamper, and you can read my case, agree with me and bandwagon scamper. We receive the benefits i mentioned without any drawbacks!
So, i havent made my case yet, and i wont until i wake up, but the sooner everyone wagons scamper, the faster this game will run
You want an e-1 wagon on scamper because you want to analyze the wagon even though you can make a case? That doesn't sound pro town.
I mean, even if you think it's anti town does that make Done mafia?
Not necessarily but it's worth finding out isn't it?
I mean donempire wants an e-1 wagon and hasn't a reason for it other than to have it and review it. He doesn't even say it's for pressure. I think there'san actual reason to push here. I'd rather see an organic wagon.
why does that make him scum? i don't agree with the tactic but that doesnt make it scum motivated. the way youre presenting it feels disingenuous, i think it was obvious his scumread on me was legitimate even if he didn't have a fully fleshed out case but you act like he has no reason

VOTE: Galron
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:27 am

Post by scamper »

and of course people are calling that entrance fine when i dont really agree...
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:28 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 260, scamper wrote:and of course people are calling that entrance fine when i dont really agree...
I agree with this? Like maybe I'm biased because phoenix was already my biggest scumread but Galron feels a bit artificial to me.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 am

Post by scamper »

In post 258, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 207, Datisi wrote:i feel like you're still not understanding what i'm saying in that post or the posts leading up to it, but i am about to pass out so. tomorrow i will rephrase if needed ig
no i'm pretty sure i understand, it's just that i don't agree with your thinking, i don't see coral/xayah as "easy" misyeets, you seem to think they are clearly town and me not seeing this reflects poorly on my alignment, i don't agree with your reasons for townreading them and the logic for doing so seems kind of reach-y

and all that being said i don't really know what it means for your alignment this game
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Straw_Man
thats not what im doing, but ok
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

Dats i don't really understand your read progression on coral?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:31 am

Post by Ausuka »

Megs do you have scumreads other than Ari right now (if no has your Ari read developed)

I like scamper I think
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:47 am

Post by scamper »

In post 225, Datisi wrote:

i feel like both coral and xayah did something surface-level scummy that could be pushable, because it's not very likely someone would get flak for pushing them after they did scummy-looking things

idk how else to explain it other than "scamper making a relatively safe (but surface-level) push against people i have reasons to townread = i should probably keep an eye out"

i feel like you're taking my arguments and amplifying their intensity to the point where they don't make sense and aren't what i said, then arguing against the amplified version

i don't think it makes you scummy exactly, but it's making this conversation Difficult(tm) and i kinda wanna drop it now because i don't think it's going anywhere productive
for whatever reason i don't take an issue with the way you worded it here, just the initial presentation of it didn't sit right with me
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 263, Ausuka wrote:Dats i don't really understand your read progression on coral?
yes
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 266, Datisi wrote:
In post 263, Ausuka wrote:Dats i don't really understand your read progression on coral?
yes
thank you datisi
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

people don't answer my questions anymore or respond to me. it makes me sad

I think I need a more intimidating avatar. Sara Chidouin is too nice
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:42 am

Post by scamper »

xayah is kind of striking me as overconfident town now (which is kind of how i feel about don as well)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 257, Xayah wrote:I am known for my above avg read rate so for now I will just have to trust that my style of sorting players works. It has been a minute since I've been on this site so only time will tell.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way;

You have three completed games on this site where you are on the limwagon on d1; the hit rate is [1/3] (33%)

I have ten completed games on this site where I am on the limwagon on d1; the hit rate is [7/10] (70%)*

I can tell you right now that your read on me is incorrect but I'm excited to see where you go from here.

many of these are just me shamelessly sheeping Datisi because he's so good

Edited to make tiny text legible. Please don’t use illegibly tiny text, as per my rules

-Irrelephant11
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 248, Datisi wrote:"i will focus on everyone except ari for now"

Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 270, Aristeia wrote:
In post 257, Xayah wrote:I am known for my above avg read rate so for now I will just have to trust that my style of sorting players works. It has been a minute since I've been on this site so only time will tell.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way;

You have three completed games on this site where you are on the limwagon on d1; the hit rate is [1/3] (33%)

I have ten completed games on this site where I am on the limwagon on d1; the hit rate is [7/10] (70%)*

I can tell you right now that your read on me is incorrect but I'm excited to see where you go from here.

many of these are just me shamelessly sheeping Datisi because he's so good
This isn't my main account my main account is in my sig. Plus, I've been playing off site for a year where I have a 60% town WR and something in the 70s% wolf WR. So yeah, you could say I'm a bit confident in the way I read people but if a townread of mine put a stop to one of my pushes I'd hear it out and prob look elsewhere but obviously rn I have no reason to do so.

Please show where I called you a wolf? Just because I'm putting pressure on you doesn't mean I think you're a wolf rn.

Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Xayah »

Honestly the most villagery scamper has done for me is the subtle annoyance in their posting but ik that's NAI. I'll wait for Done's case or what it is before swapping my vote off

Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Xayah »

I shall probably need help with some stuff as in a bit of clarification on if some reads are based on familiarity or based on things in this thread (if that makes sense) it's my biggest disconnect with this game rn

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”