Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:43 am

Post by Ramus »

##Vote: Ramus
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Ramus »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:@Ramus: Why self-vote? And what's with the "##"?
In another place where I played, we used the ## sign before voting or unvoting to make it easier to find for the mod.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Ramus »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:@Ramus: Why self-vote? And what's with the "##"?
In another place where I played, we used the ## sign before voting or unvoting to make it easier to find for the mod.
...and your answer to the first question is?
Is subjective.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
Because I felt like doing it.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Ramus »

Caboose wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
Because I felt like doing it.
So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
This.

Also, what's the meta on Ramus. Does he have a history of doing this (like Natirasha) or is this a first time thing?

@Ramus: Please forgive me if I use the incorrect pronoun and feel free to correct me.
It's a first time.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Ramus »

Talking about nonexistent people is a sign of insanity.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Ramus »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:@Ramus you ignored my questions again:
What benefits do you think self-voting provide? Do you think self-voting is a better option than random voting?
Last time I checked, the random voting ended. You can assume your own reasons as to why that happened.
Mizzy wrote:Self-voting in the random voting stage is not indicative of role or alignment, however, self-voting in the random stage is also lazy on the part of the voter and also tends to hurt the town later (in my opinion.)
Is that so~ I'd like to hear how it hurts town.
The point of random voting is to give the town links and past connections/trends to look at later when the game is farther along, and also to begin discussion rolling. Now, granted, his self-vote did begin discussion, but I don't feel his vote was cast with that thought in mind, meaning that the discussion that was brought on by it was an unintentional side-effect. The first point of random voting, though, he has completely bypassed by self-voting. We have no connection we can draw on this later, nothing we can glean from it because it is a null-tell. So, whether he meant to or not, his small act (while not scummy in and of itself) has possibly helped scum.
You plan on getting evidence via random voting. Good luck figuring out what the next number is in a series of random numbers.
His subsequent lack-of-answer and the dodging of questions was more telling than the self-vote, though, so I am glad he did what he did.
Did you also take in the fact that I brought this upon myself? On purpose.
Now, keep in mind that this is opinion of mine, but I am going to keep my vote where I am for two reasons. 1) Because I feel that his question-dodging was scummy and 2) I feel that some pressure here might give us far more information than we could get from his random-vote alone.
I'm not feeling the pressure.
Mizzy wrote:
Mizzy wrote:So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
Also, I am still waiting for an answer to this. Stop dodging and start playing, kthx.
Oh my, it looks as though I missed that one. I'm being helpful in my own special way. Take how you want. I also don't like loaded questions.
Battousai wrote:Mizzy: Ramus might have thought those questions were rhetorical, as I did. When you ask someone why they are so stupid, the person usually doesn't tell you he was dropped on his head a lot as a kid. Usually. But Ramus has also not answered questions from Machiavellian-Mafia as well, so Ramus might be intentionally stopped answering certain questions.
I'm sorry sir, but I think you've mistaken for a different user. I never participated in a game called Machiavellian-Mafia.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Ramus »

Ramus wrote:
Battousai wrote:Mizzy: Ramus might have thought those questions were rhetorical, as I did. When you ask someone why they are so stupid, the person usually doesn't tell you he was dropped on his head a lot as a kid. Usually. But Ramus has also not answered questions from Machiavellian-Mafia as well, so Ramus might be intentionally stopped answering certain questions.
I'm sorry sir, but I think you've mistaken for a different user. I never participated in a game called Machiavellian-Mafia.
Oy, my mistake here, I forget we had a user named Machiavellian-Mafia. Perhaps I'll answer his/her questions when I feel like it.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote: Machiavellian-Mafia
Vote: Ramus

I'm gonna call his early bluff.
Says the guy who never said the reason behind voting for me.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote:
Ramus wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote: Machiavellian-Mafia
Vote: Ramus

I'm gonna call his early bluff.
Says the guy who never said the reason behind voting for me.
Ramus wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Oy, my mistake here, I forget we had a user named Machiavellian-Mafia. Perhaps I'll answer his/her questions when I feel like it.
You're in no position to criticize me for not explaining my vote.
You can't say your vote on yourself was random. You already said you did it "on purpose." If you're not going to explain why you did it, then why should I?
But of course. However, I'm free to slap myself on my wrist all I want. However, if I ever choose to slap someone else on the wrist, I should owe them an explanation right? After all, I should tell them why I hit them, as for myself, I don't own myself any explanation as I already know.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote: Each slap counts the same
for the purpose of this game.
I've read your mind exactly
and our thoughts match perfectly.
I will also these thoughts explain
when there are scum to maim.
Oh oh! Rhymes! Do another!

Regardless, this little charade is going to no where since many players are too dang paranoid to vote for me apparently.

This was two different experiments I tried to pull off. One being ending the random voting phase early, which was successful I guess. The second being Fong's gambit. I hoped to catch some scum off guard, didn't work though. However, I did find townie looking people.

CarnCarn seems townie enough for now since most scum wouldn't make such a catalytic post so early on.

Mizzy is also townie for giving solid reasoning behind his vote. However, I don't agree with his logic.

Battousai, I'm very iffy on him. He seemed to vote just to vote.

urielzyx's reasoning is also weak as I managed to start up discussion.

ClockWork is iffy for also saying I had enough pressure despite me saying I didn't have enough pressure.

And that's about all I got.

##Unvote: Ramus
##Vote: Battousai

So, can you clarify why you voted me?
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Ramus »

Sorry if I pulled out too soon but I didn't want to leave a general bias against me in case the plan failed and I didn't foresee anyone voting me anytime soon.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:Ramus, would you please be so kind as to look under my icon (which is a flamboyantly pink obviously-female furry kitty) and look what sex I am before you post pronouns regarding my gender? Thanks.
Colorblind.
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Ramus »

Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
What was whiny about what I said?
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
Mizzy wrote:Ramus: What does colorblindness have to do with telling the difference between the female symbol and the male?
Well, I'm sorry
ma'am
for being both colorblind and having high screen resolution, but the fact that you're keeping your vote on me just for my attitude and a small typo shows a lack of ability for us to form a team relation and figure out who's scum. So I recommend you actually start to
think
and vote for people who you find scummy, not people you don't like.

To clarify my vote: Pressure is good. Therefore by voting you, I added a little more pressure; which by what was already pointed out, is good.

To clarify WHY I thought you needed more pressure: You seem to like to dodge questions, questions that should be answered. Therefore I felt that by putting another vote on you, you might answer the questions.
No offense Battousai, but it sounds a bit more like going with the flow than actually reasoning.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Ramus »

ortolan wrote:I see it as quite possible you are aiming for a devil's advocate-type playstyle (ironically much like Ramus also seems to be doing)...
Looking back on it, I guess I was trying to do that. Didn't work well though.
ClockworkRuse wrote:
ortolan wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Ortolan, the point is that the town was applying pressure to him, and his reactions are important. You defending him detracts from his reactions, in my opinion, as you give him a safeguard.

Are you telling me that it's okay to self-vote because it's a fashion now?

@TheAdmiral, Why are you defending Ortolan? He is perfectly capable of responding himself.
Self-voting is fundamentally a null-tell. I defended it as such. You had no basis for voting for Ramus for it, and you had no basis for then voting for me. Furthermore you rebuked ThAdmiral for defending me. Your first action had no merit and the two actions which stemmed from it also, consequently, had no merit. I see it as quite possible you are aiming for a devil's advocate-type playstyle (ironically much like Ramus also seems to be doing) but this doesn't excuse you from the onus of providing valid arguments for your votes and assertions.
This is pretty much dead wrong. If you haven't noticed, not everyone is voting Ramus because he self-voted. Look back and read over his answers, he has basically refused to explain himself. The fact that you defended him detracts from any reactions that we might get from him and at this point in the game, reactions are very important.

The same goes for TheAdmiral, defending someone else detracts from the answers we can get from your reactions. These aren't "unmerited", these are my beliefs about the game. Defending someone else makes it too easy for scum to get away from questions and pressure.

And second, the fact that you thought I voted Ramus tells me that you aren't reading the thread completely.
You guys are taking this game way too seriously. I was only experimenting with the Fong Gambit to see if it worked and we'll find out soon if it does. The fact of the matter is, I've already given all of the answers, you guys just decided to read over them.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:
destructor wrote:Mizzy, I don't think your vote on Ramus is doing much. Last I remember, it's on him more for being snide than anything scummy he's done. Your first gripe with him, and it was a good one, was that he was being evasive. He's since answered for his early play so far as I can tell. So, why is your vote still on him?
Because a) it's for him being emotional, unhelpful, and scummy, not just for being snide, and b) no, he never fully answered everything and when he did answer at all it was because of pressure to answer, and c) there's no better place for it in my mind at the moment.
A. I guess it could be emotional, as emotional as you were with getting aggravated that I made a typo about your gender.

B. Pressure, what pressure?

C. Sigh.

Indeed, FoS's serve as nothing more that "I think you're scummy but I'm not going to vote for one reason or another."

Also, quit with the quote pyramid. If this forum is like any other, the page will quite literally BREAK when there are too many quotes on the pyramid.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”