Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
ortolan wrote:
## Vote: ThAdmiral
because I voted him in another game also and I like to be consistent

There was just an extremely lengthy theory discussion in another game I am playing based on self-voting. It was agreed, as Ramus said, that it's subjective and there's nothing inherently scummy about self-voting. It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
Why do you use the ## too?
Asking again, this was a serious question.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by CarnCarn »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
ortolan wrote:

There was just an extremely lengthy theory discussion in another game I am playing based on self-voting. It was agreed, as Ramus said, that it's subjective and there's nothing inherently scummy about self-voting. It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
It could have something to do with this
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Ramus »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:@Ramus you ignored my questions again:
What benefits do you think self-voting provide? Do you think self-voting is a better option than random voting?
Last time I checked, the random voting ended. You can assume your own reasons as to why that happened.
Mizzy wrote:Self-voting in the random voting stage is not indicative of role or alignment, however, self-voting in the random stage is also lazy on the part of the voter and also tends to hurt the town later (in my opinion.)
Is that so~ I'd like to hear how it hurts town.
The point of random voting is to give the town links and past connections/trends to look at later when the game is farther along, and also to begin discussion rolling. Now, granted, his self-vote did begin discussion, but I don't feel his vote was cast with that thought in mind, meaning that the discussion that was brought on by it was an unintentional side-effect. The first point of random voting, though, he has completely bypassed by self-voting. We have no connection we can draw on this later, nothing we can glean from it because it is a null-tell. So, whether he meant to or not, his small act (while not scummy in and of itself) has possibly helped scum.
You plan on getting evidence via random voting. Good luck figuring out what the next number is in a series of random numbers.
His subsequent lack-of-answer and the dodging of questions was more telling than the self-vote, though, so I am glad he did what he did.
Did you also take in the fact that I brought this upon myself? On purpose.
Now, keep in mind that this is opinion of mine, but I am going to keep my vote where I am for two reasons. 1) Because I feel that his question-dodging was scummy and 2) I feel that some pressure here might give us far more information than we could get from his random-vote alone.
I'm not feeling the pressure.
Mizzy wrote:
Mizzy wrote:So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
Also, I am still waiting for an answer to this. Stop dodging and start playing, kthx.
Oh my, it looks as though I missed that one. I'm being helpful in my own special way. Take how you want. I also don't like loaded questions.
Battousai wrote:Mizzy: Ramus might have thought those questions were rhetorical, as I did. When you ask someone why they are so stupid, the person usually doesn't tell you he was dropped on his head a lot as a kid. Usually. But Ramus has also not answered questions from Machiavellian-Mafia as well, so Ramus might be intentionally stopped answering certain questions.
I'm sorry sir, but I think you've mistaken for a different user. I never participated in a game called Machiavellian-Mafia.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Ramus »

Ramus wrote:
Battousai wrote:Mizzy: Ramus might have thought those questions were rhetorical, as I did. When you ask someone why they are so stupid, the person usually doesn't tell you he was dropped on his head a lot as a kid. Usually. But Ramus has also not answered questions from Machiavellian-Mafia as well, so Ramus might be intentionally stopped answering certain questions.
I'm sorry sir, but I think you've mistaken for a different user. I never participated in a game called Machiavellian-Mafia.
Oy, my mistake here, I forget we had a user named Machiavellian-Mafia. Perhaps I'll answer his/her questions when I feel like it.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:41 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

CarnCarn wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
ortolan wrote:

It could have something to do with this
Ah, I see. I hadn't heard of that and I thought it was role oriented. Sorry for the inactiveness so far, I've been a tad bit busy in other games. I'll start paying attention more right now.

As I think there is adequate pressure on Ramus right now, I'm not going to vote him, but I would like a better explaination about why he self-voted rather than someone else explaining something about his last game.

Vote: ortolan
Why were you defending Ramus?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Ramus wrote:
Now, keep in mind that this is opinion of mine, but I am going to keep my vote where I am for two reasons. 1) Because I feel that his question-dodging was scummy and 2) I feel that some pressure here might give us far more information than we could get from his random-vote alone.
I'm not feeling the pressure.
ClockworkRuse wrote:As I think there is adequate pressure on Ramus right now, I'm not going to vote him
Pretty lame excuse.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote: Machiavellian-Mafia
Vote: Ramus

I'm gonna call his early bluff.
Says the guy who never said the reason behind voting for me.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:41 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Ramus wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:

Ramus wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Oy, my mistake here, I forget we had a user named Machiavellian-Mafia. Perhaps I'll answer his/her questions when I feel like it.
You're in no position to criticize me for not explaining my vote.
You can't say your vote on yourself was random. You already said you did it "on purpose." If you're not going to explain why you did it, then why should I?
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote:
Ramus wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:

Ramus wrote:
Ramus wrote:
You can't say your vote on yourself was random. You already said you did it "on purpose." If you're not going to explain why you did it, then why should I?
But of course. However, I'm free to slap myself on my wrist all I want. However, if I ever choose to slap someone else on the wrist, I should owe them an explanation right? After all, I should tell them why I hit them, as for myself, I don't own myself any explanation as I already know.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Ramus wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Ramus wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:

Ramus wrote:
Ramus wrote:
But of course. However, I'm free to slap myself on my wrist all I want. However, if I ever choose to slap someone else on the wrist, I should owe them an explanation right? After all, I should tell them why I hit them, as for myself, I don't own myself any explanation as I already know.
Each slap counts the same
for the purpose of this game.
I've read your mind exactly
and our thoughts match perfectly.
I will also these thoughts explain
when there are scum to maim.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Ramus »

CarnCarn wrote: Each slap counts the same
for the purpose of this game.
I've read your mind exactly
and our thoughts match perfectly.
I will also these thoughts explain
when there are scum to maim.
Oh oh! Rhymes! Do another!

Regardless, this little charade is going to no where since many players are too dang paranoid to vote for me apparently.

This was two different experiments I tried to pull off. One being ending the random voting phase early, which was successful I guess. The second being Fong's gambit. I hoped to catch some scum off guard, didn't work though. However, I did find townie looking people.

CarnCarn seems townie enough for now since most scum wouldn't make such a catalytic post so early on.

Mizzy is also townie for giving solid reasoning behind his vote. However, I don't agree with his logic.

Battousai, I'm very iffy on him. He seemed to vote just to vote.

urielzyx's reasoning is also weak as I managed to start up discussion.

ClockWork is iffy for also saying I had enough pressure despite me saying I didn't have enough pressure.

And that's about all I got.

##Unvote: Ramus
##Vote: Battousai

So, can you clarify why you voted me?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

This was two different experiments I tried to pull off. One being ending the random voting phase early, which was successful I guess. The second being Fong's gambit. I hoped to catch some scum off guard, didn't work though. However, I did find townie looking people.
Exactly. I was trying to get a wagon going on you (my vote was the second, after yours), to see how readily others would follow. My intent when I said "I'm going to call his bluff" was to throw some suspicion and see if anyone would quickly jump on that.
I'm kind of disappointed that you've decided to end this already, since there is still a player that hasn't really checked in yet (i.e., Puta Puta).
I personally find Clockwork's false excuse to not vote you as more suspicious than Batt's "Pressure good" comment, so
Unvote: Ramus
Vote: ClockworkRuse

Ramus wrote:Oh oh! Rhymes! Do another!
Maybe later. :wink:
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Ramus »

Sorry if I pulled out too soon but I didn't want to leave a general bias against me in case the plan failed and I didn't foresee anyone voting me anytime soon.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ramus wrote:Sorry if I pulled out too soon but I didn't want to leave a general bias against me in case the plan failed and I didn't foresee anyone voting me anytime soon.
Giggity!

To clarify my vote: Pressure is good. Therefore by voting you, I added a little more pressure; which by what was already pointed out, is good.

To clarify WHY I thought you needed more pressure: You seem to like to dodge questions, questions that should be answered. Therefore I felt that by putting another vote on you, you might answer the questions.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Ramus, would you please be so kind as to look under my icon (which is a flamboyantly pink obviously-female furry kitty) and look what sex I am before you post pronouns regarding my gender? Thanks.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Caboose »

urielzyx wrote:Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
Is this a slip?
CR wrote:Vote: ortolan Why were you defending Ramus?
Is that seriously the reason for your vote? That's pretty weak.
Ramus wrote:This was two different experiments I tried to pull off. One being ending the random voting phase early, which was successful I guess. The second being Fong's gambit. I hoped to catch some scum off guard, didn't work though. However, I did find townie looking people.
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:Ramus, would you please be so kind as to look under my icon (which is a flamboyantly pink obviously-female furry kitty) and look what sex I am before you post pronouns regarding my gender? Thanks.
Colorblind.
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Caboose »

Ramus wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Ramus, would you please be so kind as to look under my icon (which is a flamboyantly pink obviously-female furry kitty) and look what sex I am before you post pronouns regarding my gender? Thanks.
Colorblind.
Sorry about that, but there's still the gender symbol under Mizzy's avatar.
Ramus wrote:
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
What was whiny about what I said?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

ClockworkRuse wrote:As I think there is adequate pressure on Ramus right now, I'm not going to vote him, but I would like a better explaination about why he self-voted rather than someone else explaining something about his last game.
This sounded more like you were afraid to draw attention to yourself by adding on to the Ramus wagon.
Unvote, Vote: ClockworkRuse
The end justifies the means.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Day One: Vote Count #3

3 ClockworkRuse (urielzyx,CarnCarn,Machiavellian-Mafia)
2 Battousai (Caboose,Ramus)
2 Ramus (Mizzy,Battousai)
1 Machiavellian-Mafia (MiteyMouse)
1 Ortolan (ClockworkRuse)
1 Puta Puta (ThAdmiral)
1 ThAdmiral (ortolan)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline hits on December 1 at 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 – Puta Puta
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by ortolan »

ClockworkRuse your reason for voting for me is horrible. It's almost become a fashion recently to self-vote- doing so and defending people who do so hardly seems scummy to me.

Thus
FoS: ClockworkRuse

And I believe I must have used the hash symbols as I was told to use them in another game and got mixed up with this, or saw someone else use them. I don't remember to be honest.
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by urielzyx »

Ramus wrote: urielzyx's reasoning is also weak as I managed to start up discussion.

If you read the post instead of skimming through it, you will see that I was defending you and that I said I do not see why RVing yourself is scummy since it does create discussion...

Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
Is this a slip?
regarding what? the first part I was saying my opinion, and the second one I already EBWOPed to say that I got confused between this and another game I'm in(even specified the game) that also is on day one and has a few of the same players as here...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ramus: What does colorblindness have to do with telling the difference between the female symbol and the male?
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Mizzy »

Alright, so far I don't see the wagon on Clock, and Ramus' self-important, "Whateva, ah do whu' ah want!" attitude is enough for me to keep my vote on him for the time being. Teamwork is crucial. It also bothers me that he didn't read my post well enough...he asked me to explain something I already had.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Vote: ortolan
Why were you defending Ramus?
I don't think defending is always scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”