Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Datisi in particular voting me without apparently reading enough of me to know that I both made a giant post with my thoughts AND a dedicated read list today is probably the most frustrating of those things.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

I agree that it looked bad although arguably I have big red tinted "datisi is scum" goggles on
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:11 am

Post by scamper »

In post 2944, Thestatusquo wrote:I agree that my post was not town or scum, it just was.

I would ask you to look at what I've done since and tell me what about it is scummy?
i dont have thoughts on what youve done since then. i have a pre-existing scumread on ur slot, i believe there is reason to believe it is partnered with vpb and i am discussing that.

however, i am willing to give u space to work and analyze things if u are town. i dont have anything more to say about ur slot and will probably be moving on to discuss other players. i dont really think getting in a back and forth with u about ur alignment is likely to be helpful for either me or u atp.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ok but to my point theres enough people just putting me in PoE lists and voting me that I am unable to conclude they're all scum, and the person I do think is scum, gamma, continues to coast by and is claiming now that his total disinterest in finding scum is just how he plays when all my experience with him suggests that's not true.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2952, scamper wrote:
In post 2944, Thestatusquo wrote:I agree that my post was not town or scum, it just was.

I would ask you to look at what I've done since and tell me what about it is scummy?
i dont have thoughts on what youve done since then. i have a pre-existing scumread on ur slot, i believe there is reason to believe it is partnered with vpb and i am discussing that.

however, i am willing to give u space to work and analyze things if u are town. i dont have anything more to say about ur slot and will probably be moving on to discuss other players. i dont really think getting in a back and forth with u about ur alignment is likely to be helpful for either me or u atp.
If you say things about me I'm going to respond to them. *shrug*

I don't have a lot to say about associative tells because I think they're a whole lot of wifom. To be fair, from my PoV I know I'm not aligned with VP so I know that the alignment arguments must be wrong but I don't really have a lot to say about them.

It's also worth noting that you're not the person I'm frustrated with here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I do think you can drag up associative tells for scum and a large number of players in a game almost always. At least when I am scum thats something I'm conscious of and actively trying to subvert?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2950, Thestatusquo wrote:Datisi in particular voting me without apparently reading enough of me to know that I both made a giant post with my thoughts AND a dedicated read list today is probably the most frustrating of those things.
i was catching up when i wrote that. you'll notice i rescinded that request when i saw that you have a list made. and your big post was unordered and wasn't taking into account how each slot feels relative to each other, as far as i've seen.

do you think i'm scum for the vote on you?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Is that a real question?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I ask because I don't know how you could have possibly found that post you quoted and not seen that it is in the context of me talking about how its frustrating that enough people are voting me and putting me into poe lists that they can't all be scum and indeed probably at most 1 or 2 of them are.

I will say of all the random asides to me I think yours is the most likely to come from scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like that just doesn't feel like a real question.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2815, Dannflor wrote:Gamma why is HEM scum
he's basically felt fake all game to me, between the overly verbose post I called out early and his approach to me
there's also a slight meta aspect, he feels rather reactive, which I attribute to his scumgame
It feels like you're making a squishy meta feels case here that involves actively ignoring a lot of what HEM is actually doing in order to accomplish it, so the read doesn't feel real to me either.

To me, looking through HEMs posts theres a lot of stuff which is interesting novel thoughts on game and relation to the alignment of others that would be really strange to come from a scum player and hard to fake because they involve breaking the flow of the game which in some cases would be detrimental to scum.
In post 2727, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2710, scamper wrote:UNVOTE:

while i am still very suspicious of the relly slot i feel like i dont need to dogpile someone who has just replaced in
i wonder if this is a direct reaction to TSQ mentioning that scum loves to dogpile replacements
Take this post, for example. Why would scum HEM feel the need to point this out at this time? Unless you think he and I are buddies there's very little reason that HEM would think this is a good topic of conversation for town to take, because it detracts from the momentum of the suspicion of me. Like, I guess you are saying that you think HEM and I are buddies because its a game solve but when I read back on HEMs iso theres a lot of stuff like this that individually seems like pointing out little things that are interesting for the town to think about.

I don't see a lot of scum motivation for a lot of HEMs posting, and I think its hard to fake because its not like not doing this stuff will get you scum read and the effects on the game are net negative for scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Basically I think its way more likely that posts like that come from sorting attempts than scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Maybe I'm doing the classic trying to convince scum they're scum by arguing with gamma specifically about stuff like this but no one else is engaging with me on it and I don't really want to let it get buried.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2928, scamper wrote:- agrees with me being suspicious of one single relly post i thought was awkward/forced sounding
i only have a few mins here but hm i thought that your general point here was p compelling about how vp's progression on irrel was strange, esp how he jumped to a major defense and called him very towny

BUT after going back to look at it i did not get that you were sus of irrel from , or that vp was agreeing with that in

i thought both posts were saying that i shouldn't be getting townread at that point

makes sense that yours wasn't given your later irrel suspicion but im p sure vp's was

ig im biased as an involved party here who probably reads more things to be about myself than is correct, maybe someone else can chime in

anyway originally liked the case and now im less sure on it. have some thoughts on shea's approach so far that im still pondering and will go into later

ok bye
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:00 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

it's weird that the more gamma scumreads me the more i townread him
i guess i have issues
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2964, humaneatingmonkey wrote:it's weird that the more gamma scumreads me the more i townread him
i guess i have issues
is there a particular reason for this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:04 am

honestly i feel like i should have died last night and the fact im still alive makes me think i have townread scum
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:09 am

In post 2965, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2964, humaneatingmonkey wrote:it's weird that the more gamma scumreads me the more i townread him
i guess i have issues
is there a particular reason for this?
i think you're probably town. i also remarked that i think your attitude is +town. i also came into day 2 thinking i've been pocketed and i'm just wary of budding and you've been doing the opposite nonstopit's true though that you aren't feeling that strong in your push for me and i don't see you convincing anybody else. which makes me think there's nobody to back you up here, since i'm everyone's townread.

but sussing me for being verbose is hilarious. it really just feels like you'll scumread anything i do. i get that though — once you see me play scum it's hard to townread me afterwards <3
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:11 am

also im high ama
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:25 am

Post by obscure »

sup, i'm around. i'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the general volume of this game + how much i've fallen behind, so i'd like to just real time with people at this point!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Ausuka »

obscure do you have any ideas for Baltar's Buddies
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:26 am

Post by obscure »

also is there anyway to get notifications for new posts?
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:27 am

Post by obscure »

In post 2970, Ausuka wrote:obscure do you have any ideas for Baltar's Buddies
no, maybe i'll try to ISO him and figure that out.

i do remember when i was reading through, that the person made 0 impact on me one way or another, so i wonder if "low impact = mafia" is a viable tell.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:28 am

Post by obscure »

who was defending baltar yesterday?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 2971, obscure wrote:also is there anyway to get notifications for new posts?
you can click 'subscribe topic' and get email notifications
In post 2972, obscure wrote:
In post 2970, Ausuka wrote:obscure do you have any ideas for Baltar's Buddies
no, maybe i'll try to ISO him and figure that out.

i do remember when i was reading through, that the person made 0 impact on me one way or another, so i wonder if "low impact = mafia" is a viable tell.
i don't think baltar had zero impact? did he really leave no impression on you at all?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”