Day 1, Vote Count #8 - Lynching

Crazy (3) <- Skillit, sthar8, Electra
iLord (3) <- Raging Rabbit, eldarad, Incognito
Skillet (2) <- TDC, Crazy
Raging Rabbit <- iLord
Incognito <- springlullaby

Not voting: fuzzylightning, Jahudo.

Boost Count

Electra (6) <- eldarad, Raging Rabbit, TDC, springlullaby, Jahudo, fuzzylightning
springlullaby <- Jahudo
Incognito <- Skillit
eldarad <- TDC
Jahudo <- eldarad

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch/boost.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

iLord wrote:He said "In hindsight along with his latest comment" or something like that. "hindsight" is a key excuse for scum to back off.
Yup, obviously only scum look at things in hindsight... But wait, if I were to take back my point after being first questioned like a townie would've done according to you, wouldn't that be "hindsight" as well? Good thing you're not contradicting yourself.
iLord wrote:First of all, it can't be applied to all scumtells - scumtells are by definition actions that are indictive of scum.
Give me one tell that the "but maybe he's simply town and blah blah blah..." explanation can't be applied to.
iLord wrote:You're not looking at my points.

The two backing offs are different - backing off after your point is attacked and shown to be weak is good pro-town action. Not backing off after you realize that your point is weak, and then backing off after someone attacks you with a vote is scummy. It's what scum do when they are attacked for attacking another player for a weak reason.

The basis behind my attack is that the backing offs are different - you can't look at them alone, but you have to look at them in context.
1. Being questioned and suspected about a case tends to lead to being voted for it. The two backing offs aren't inherently different, if I was inconfident scum with a made up case it makes a whole lot more sense for me to back up as soon as questioned (like you claim a good townie should do) rather than stick with it and wait for further attacks. After I chose to stick with it, one single vote is by no means a cause for enough panic to make me run away from my case as you suggest. The scum thought proccess you're trying draw here makes no sense whatsoever.
2. If you'll check the facts, I didn't unvote as soon as you voted me nor because I stopped believing I had a point. I unvoted after sthar answered a question about his massclaim speculation that made me look back on his former (unrelated to my case) suggestion for it and perceive it as a towntell.
iLord wrote:I don't remember you saying this.

What other factors would this be?
That's because you're more concerned with making everything I say look bad than with actually reading it. (Your initial attack suggested I was voting sthar only for answering for others, which I never even said and yet you blamed me for pushing it multiple times).

The other factor is his massclaim specualtion.
iLord wrote:The original point was the folly of your suspicions, to which you have already conceded.
1. I never did.
2. So your case revolves around not liking my original point, with no relation to what happened afterwards?
Incog wrote:It's important because that type of question is usually the type of question a person asks when he or she is trying to draw connections between players. I'm generally leery of those types of questions in the cases where I can find no underlying basis for them, so I figured I'd ask you for your reasoning.
I don't want you to see my underlying basis of thought in this case, it would compromise my future read on you.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Note that I’m numbered arguments for easy discussion.
RR wrote:Yup, obviously only scum look at things in hindsight... But wait, if I were to take back my point after being first questioned like a townie would've done according to you, wouldn't that be "hindsight" as well? Good thing you're not contradicting yourself.
1. Scum are not the only ones that look at things in hindsight – townies do it all the time. But scum are the ones that most commonly use hindsight as an excuse to back off a point. Townies do not say: “I was wrong before and I should’ve changed before.” Townies say: “I am wrong now and I should change now.” Your filling the scum mold that I’ve predicted for you perfectly.

You're still trying to group the backing-offs together - you cannot - they are fundamentally different.
RR wrote:Give me one tell that the "but maybe he's simply town and blah blah blah..." explanation can't be applied to.
2. To get on the extreme side, say a player claims scum. Occam’s Razor would justify that the simplest solution is that said player is scum, rather than gambiting townie, and such use of Occam’s Razor here is practical.

Good job ignoring the other line I said about how just because Occam's Razor can be applied, doesn't mean it should, and why Occam’s Ravor should be applied in this case.

[quote"RR"]1. Being questioned and suspected about a case tends to lead to being voted for it. The two backing offs aren't inherently different, if I was inconfident scum with a made up case it makes a whole lot more sense for me to back up as soon as questioned (like you claim a good townie should do) rather than stick with it and wait for further attacks. After I chose to stick with it, one single vote is by no means a cause for enough panic to make me run away from my case as you suggest. The scum thought proccess you're trying draw here makes no sense whatsoever.
2. If you'll check the facts, I didn't unvote as soon as you voted me nor because I stopped believing I had a point. I unvoted after sthar answered a question about his massclaim speculation that made me look back on his former (unrelated to my case) suggestion for it and perceive it as a towntell.
[/quote]

3. Why must scum be unconfident? Questioning =/= Thinking said player is scum. Continuing to push for it is sort of a gambit - if you can convince other players, then you can actually bring a good deal of suspicion on a player, especially if said player explodes or otherwise flails under pressure. One single vote is enough to say that “I think your point is indicative of scum”, something that no other player that questioned you said or indicated. You realized that I actually caught on to you, hence your attempt to back out of the spotlight. The scum process I am drawing makes perfect sense.
On another side, I believe that the backing offs are fundamentally different – it matters not if you believe they are not. As long as I believe that they are different, there is no contradiction.

4. No, you didn't unvote as soon as I voted you. After I made it clear that I was confident that you were scum, you attempted to mitigate the brunt of my attack by backing off.

5. I must admit that I am still unclear on your standing about the sthar8 point.

What bearing do you currently feel it has on sthar8's alignment?

RR wrote:That's because you're more concerned with making everything I say look bad than with actually reading it. (Your initial attack suggested I was voting sthar8 only for answering for others, which I never even said and yet you blamed me for pushing it multiple times).

The other factor is his massclaim specualtion.
6. Nice job attacking my case without bearing in the first sentence there. Easy scum move to try and weaken my case by attacking my motive. Please note that motive has very little matter in the making of a case, except for the other players to look more carefully at the points – lack of apparent pro-town motive does not weaken the points at all, as long as the points ring true.

7. My initial attack suggested that you were attacking sthar8 for answering for other people. When you said that his guilt was the real reason for your attack, I destroyed that argument as well – you have yet to explain how guilt makes sense as a scum tell over a town tell, instead resorting to attacking my theory rather than the actual point, of which you ignored.

8. If you can, elaborate on how his massclaim speculation is indicative of town.
RR wrote:1. I never did.
2. So your case revolves around not liking my original point, with no relation to what happened afterwards?
9. You asked for my original point, and I answered.

Your further reactions to my pressure including your horribly reaching attempts to justify my "contradiction" have just added to my confidence.

---------------------------------------------

Let me ask you a few questions:

10. What have I done that you feel is indicative of scum?
11. What do you feel a townie should've done in your position once they realized that the point they were pushing is weak?
12. What do you feel about Eldarad and Incognito’s suspicions of me?
13. What do you feel would be the most pro-town action for you if you realize that my points are valid?
14. If not explained above, why do you feel that contradictions are indicative of scum?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Incog wrote:sthar8, where exactly did Crazy encourage anyone not to worry about boosting scum?
I don't see another sentiment that can be conveyed with the statement:
It's not like a boost is an automatic win, right?
This suggests that we shouldn't be too worried about granting scum extra powers, even though the mod himself warned us against doing so. I don't know about you, but I don't want to give scum
any
more advantages than they already have, no matter how insignificant Crazy imagines them to be. It is my opinion that Crazy was supporting Electra's bid because others were doing so at the time, and tossed in this sentiment to encourage it's like.

Furthermore, what would stop scum from doing the exact same thing Electra did? There is no great risk involved this early in the game, she could have claimed scum in her first post and it wouldn't have led to her lynch if she gave a halfway decent explanation. The worst thing that happens to her is that she simply
doesn't
get boosted, and has some minor suspicion on her.
Incog wrote:Also the only way you could definitively say that Crazy "buddies up" to eldarad is if you know with great certainty that eldarad is town.
This accusation is ridiculous and baseless. At no point have I claimed certainty about anyone's alignment, and I don't see any reason that we can't speculate based on our opinions, especially when other support is provided. If you're waiting for hard evidence, you'd better hope we've got multiple sane cops, or you're in for a rough game. In addition, Crazy agreed
unconditionally
with
everything
eldarad had said up to that point. Since crazy didn't point out any specific issues, the only purpose that could serve is either to indicate that he felt that eldarad was exceptionally protown, or to influence eldarad's opinion. Given Crazy's professed disinterest in the thread, I doubt that he was aware of eldarads opinions and the surrounding context to merit that level of support, which leaves potential buddying. Also note, crazy's support of eldarad is yet another instance in which he has followed the crowd.
Incog wrote:I'm not really familiar with the term "horse laugh"
I learned it as the horse laugh, but a more common term might be an "appeal to ridicule"
Jahudo wrote:Do you think that attention was diverted from his L-2 vote reasoning because he also suspected those 3 other people in his post? In other words, does suspecting other people decrease the seriousness of what he did?
Interesting notion, and not one I'd considered before. Very possibly correct, however. Slinging mud at three other players might have been intended to distract from the L-2 vote.
RR wrote:In addition to what I already answered, turning it into a moral issue which sthar as a good townie felt he was compelled to apologize for takes the matter of him being scum out of the equation.
Not to beat a dead horse, since this issue appears to be resolved, but harming the town would not violate any moral contract as scum, since scum should be expected to do everything they can to win.
TDC wrote:The wagon was on four votes for a pretty long time, yet none of the voters seemed really interested to push it any further.
We've had other things to discuss in the meantime, and crazy hasn't shown up to give us any more support for his case. I've said my bit, and I'm trying to answer questions as best I can. Crazy has not given a real response to anything said against him, so continuing on the same points devolves to needless repetition. Tunnel vision from any of us is not good play.

My suspects are still crazy, RR, iLord, in that order. iLord is narrowing the gap, which I'll explain further tonight or tomorrow.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Elmo »

Skillit is being replaced. Crazy and springlullaby have been prodded.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:48 am

Post by springlullaby »

iLord so does not read like scum, I oppose his lynch.

Beside, the notion that his 'coaching' me from the sideline is scummy is totally beyond me. It may have been scummy only if he didn't have a suspect of his own at the time and his case on RR was pretty passable.

Crazy is hard to say, I don't have any strong feeling concerning his play.

Sthar, Electra, any chance I can I convince you guys to vote Incognito? I really think he is scum.

Eldarad, what do you think of me exactly? You been saying stuff like you think my being pissed off was fake, only I don't see you voting for me, so yes, what do you think exactly?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Elmo »

Mana_Ku replaces Skillit. Many thanks!

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Incognito »

springlullaby, I'd really like for you to comment on these two statements:
iLord, [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1331760#1331760]in 138[/url], wrote:
fuzzylightning:
Late coming, but with a very logical post, with some unnecessary speculation. Good analysis on the skillit attack. Due to Incognito’s point, reading town. Thinks Incognito defended well.
iLord, [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338717#1338717]in his 203[/url], wrote:It's actually really simple - someone brought up the point (I think it was Eldarad) that scumElectra would have to make quite the leap of faith in terms of set-up speculation. What benefit could the scum recieve when boosted to justify what would be a very gutsy and risky scum gambit.
I've asked you to comment on these at least twice now, and you've ducked out of commenting on them both times.

Also, welcome to the game, Mana_Ku.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:21 am

Post by springlullaby »

Huh, I'm very tempted to respond flippantly but I'll be reasonable and simply note that what you are doing here is trying to reduce the entire case I have posted against you to one little puny point.

And, my answer is, these point are actually strikes against iLord, but his overall play is much more town than yours.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 am

Post by springlullaby »

Do you have a problem with that?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

springlullaby wrote:Huh, I'm very tempted to respond flippantly but I'll be reasonable and simply note that what you are doing here is trying to reduce the entire case I have posted against you to one little puny point.
That's not what I'm trying to do at all.

A major point of contention between us was your whole "Incog is
appealing
to eldarad's Electra-read to form his own read of her", and I'm pointing out here that iLord did it twice, but you made no mention of it at all and have adamantly stated that you think iLord is town. In fact, I'd think you'd consider his to be even worse since he specifically "appealed" to someone who he had as his second scummiest read along his list (me) while I "appealed" to someone who I thought was town. Also, eldarad pointed out that Crazy was an even bigger offender of doing this than I was here:
Crazy, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1323423#1323423]in his 79[/url], wrote:Massive QFT to everything that eldarad has said so far.
...but again you made no mention of this. I'm just trying to figure out why you're being so inconsistent.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 am

Post by springlullaby »

And I am trying figure out, nay, point out how much everything you post is superficial and skewed.

1. I reproached you your unwillingness to pronounce yourself concerning Electra, formulating that your behaviour was scum not knowing what to think, and that your appeal to eldarad furthered my thinking that it was the case. iLord is not guilty of the first, in the first place.

2. I just explained how there is no inconsistency in the first place, but look at yourself still maintaining that there is without being able to refute me.

3. Inconsistency in people's play happen to be my favourite argument...when I'm scum.

4. Lol, I so want you lynched.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 am

Post by iLord »

Incognito, what do you think about SL's being really pissed off during you guy's first discussion? If you discussed this already, I must've missed it, but what bearing, if any at all, do you think such emotion (or feigned emotion if you think so) has on SL's alignment?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Incognito »

iLord, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1349489#1349489]in 262[/url], wrote:Incognito, what do you think about SL's being really pissed off during you guy's first discussion? If you discussed this already, I must've missed it, but what bearing, if any at all, do you think such emotion (or feigned emotion if you think so) has on SL's alignment?
I think genuine
frustration
can certainly be a town-tell depending on the circumstances. To me, springlullaby didn't seem frustrated though. I mean, I can't even think of a reason
why
she'd be frustrated when she had no real pressure placed on her, and I don't think anyone was really provoking her to such a degree where she'd become frustrated. Instead, she began resorting to personal insults and flaming, which I actually think is more likely to come from scum than town.

Also, aside from that, I'd really like for you to read this comment from another game made by Battle Mage who was referencing his meta-experience with springlullaby: BM in Nice Shot! Mafia and here is the game he was referencing: Mini 561 - R-1000 Mafia. In Nice Shot! Mafia, BM specifically mentions that she came off as extremely aggressive towards him in Mini 561 where she was the Mafia GF pushing for his lynch (you can read through the game on your own if you'd like. BM was correct). BM ended up switching his vote to springlullaby in Nice Shot! and was 100% correct about her being scum in that game. So no, I think springlullaby's overly aggressive, pissed off behavior can certainly come from a scum her, and I still think she's scum in this game.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

No way I'm gonna argue 11 seperate points, especially since most of them are just you saying "you're wrong" in many words. I'll address my main issue and then some minor ones.
iLord wrote:Continuing to push for it is sort of a gambit - if you can convince other players, then you can actually bring a good deal of suspicion on a player, especially if said player explodes or otherwise flails under pressure. One single vote is enough to say that “I think your point is indicative of scum”, something that no other player that questioned you said or indicated. You realized that I actually caught on to you, hence your attempt to back out of the spotlight. The scum process I am drawing makes perfect sense.
iLord wrote:Votes sthar8 for his explanation that he didn’t notice what he was doing. Weak, reading like he’s trying to jump on an easy wagon. Reading scummy. Especially since scum would have no reason to answer for other people, unless RR thinks the people sthar08 answered for are scum. Raging Rabbit continues to construe answering other’s questions as a scum tell. Reading pretty scummy. Still pushes… And Still pushes. Probably top suspect right now. Still pushing. And still pushes. Definite don’t like this push. Reading very scummy.
This is your original reason for voting me, the only two real point provided is not liking a misinterpertation of my case and "pushing" it many times (which was a result of people asking many times). Here is everything else you said about me until my unvote:
@RR: Explain why answering for other people is indictive of scum alignment.
If you're talking about his reaction, then I ask you: Why would a scum player react differently than a town player to an action that is not indictive of alignment.
Guilt? Are you attacking him for guilt? What's wrong with feeling guilty if you do something antitown?
All of this was already answered before you even asked- my #9 post when viewed seperately:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
Incognito wrote:I thought the fact that he admitted to doing something wrong was mildly pro-town. I feel like scum might have tried to concoct some response to try and explain away his or her actions.
Town has less inclination bothh kick themselves for not looking pro town enough and make an active effort to not draw suspicion.
Nothing in these posts in new or convincing, and no one took you too seriously - nothing here implies you "catching on" to me in any way, the only meaningful thing you did was vote me and one vote simply doesn't make enough of a difference to completely change your read on my backing off. All this questioning about the guilt thing is also interesting because of my #7 post, in response to iLord:
Raging Rabbit wrote:
iLord wrote:
RR wrote:Going out of your way to answer questions directed at others isn't a sign of not paying attention. I figure by turning it into a mistake and apologizing you where hoping to make it not appear as a scumtell anymore.
You didn't explain how you found that panicky - it didn't sound like a "OHMYGODI'MCAUGHT" post.
Maybe the right word is more guiltridden than panicky, it sounds to me like "damn, made a mistake. Guess I'll apologize it away". The way he appears to really kick himself for appearing suspicious stinks of guilt to me.
You completly missinterperted my case despite already asking and getting an answer about the exact same point, which yet again proves you weren't and aren't concerned with actually reading my posts but with making them look bad.
iLord wrote:4. No, you didn't unvote as soon as I voted you. After I made it clear that I was confident that you were scum, you attempted to mitigate the brunt of my attack by backing off.
So now not unvoting right after your vote is ok, but after you asked a few more already answered questions I suddendly panicked from the "brunt of your attack" and jumped ship? This is beyond an extreme stretch, your case is completely contrived.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Incognito, if you think I am scum, why aren't you voting for me?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

5. I must admit that I am still unclear on your standing about the sthar8 point.

What bearing do you currently feel it has on sthar8's alignment?
If it still isn't clear, I maintain that sthar's apology post reads scummy. I unvoted him because I believe his massclaim sepcualtion reads town.
12. What do you feel about Eldarad and Incognito’s suspicions of me?
Eldarad's seems more solid, but mostly I'm just happy to see you gathering votes.

1. Scum are not the only ones that look at things in hindsight – townies do it all the time. But scum are the ones that most commonly use hindsight as an excuse to back off a point. Townies do not say: “I was wrong before and I should’ve changed before.” Townies say: “I am wrong now and I should change now.” Your filling the scum mold that I’ve predicted for you perfectly.
I never even said I was wrong, no idea what you're trying to say here.
iLord wrote:...you have yet to explain how guilt makes sense as a scum tell over a town tell, instead resorting to attacking my theory rather than the actual point, of which you ignored.

8. If you can, elaborate on how his massclaim speculation is indicative of town.

10. What have I done that you feel is indicative of scum?
Already answered.
iLord wrote:6. Nice job attacking my case without bearing in the first sentence there. Easy scum move to try and weaken my case by attacking my motive. Please note that motive has very little matter in the making of a case, except for the other players to look more carefully at the points – lack of apparent pro-town motive does not weaken the points at all, as long as the points ring true.
Motive has a bearing on you being scummy, cases presented by scum are somewhat less convincing...

9. You asked for my original point, and I answered.
Actually you were the one who blamed me for trying to divert attention from your original point. Do you think the "I don't like your case" point is in any way convincing and worthy diverting from? Why ask me a million different questions instead of concentrating on your original point if you don't want it distracted from?
11. What do you feel a townie should've done in your position once they realized that the point they were pushing is weak?
That's like the most loaded question ever. How would you ask that if you weren't scum, huh?!
On another side, I believe that the backing offs are fundamentally different – it matters not if you believe they are not. As long as I believe that they are different, there is no contradiction.
Completely and utterly false. If this was true there'd be no such thing as a contradiction.
14. If not explained above, why do you feel that contradictions are indicative of scum?
Because they're a sign of dishonesty and faked play.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Incognito »

springlullaby wrote:Incognito, if you think I am scum, why aren't you voting for me?
You're kidding, right?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by iLord »

RR wrote:If it still isn't clear, I maintain that sthar's apology post reads scummy. I unvoted him because I believe his massclaim sepcualtion reads town.
Ah, okay. Somehow that didn’t click until now.
RR wrote:I never even said I was wrong, no idea what you're trying to say here.
See above.
Already answered.
Indicative of scum =/= what you believe to be antitown actions.
I can’t seem to recall or find where you explained your reasoning behind the MC speculation. Could you repeat it?
RR wrote:Motive has a bearing on you being scummy, cases presented by scum are somewhat less convincing.
It may be less convincing, but it wouldn’t weaken the magnitude of my points at all.
RR wrote:Actually you were the one who blamed me for trying to divert attention from your original point. Do you think the "I don't like your case" point is in any way convincing and worthy diverting from? Why ask me a million different questions instead of concentrating on your original point if you don't want it distracted from?
I don’t get what this has to do with what you quoted.
I’m not diverting attention from my point – Contrary to what you believe, I’m actually trying to find out something from the questions I ask. More points against you would convince more people that you’re actually scum.
RR wrote:That's like the most loaded question ever. How would you ask that if you weren't scum, huh?!
You know what I mean – what would a townie have done if they realized that they were wrong?
RR wrote:Completely and utterly false. If this was true there'd be no such thing as a contradiction.
Explain. According to the definition of a contradiction, I’d have to have to be stating conflicting ideas. My ideas are not conflicting. It matters not if you say that you can jump into my mind and say that I’m actually thinking that they are – by my definition and classification of the backing offs, they are different.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’ve dropped some of my questions at the end because you’ve actually answered satisfactorily.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Crazy »

I'm terribly sorry, but I'm going to be asked to be replaced.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Incognito wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Incognito, if you think I am scum, why aren't you voting for me?
You're kidding, right?
No I am not.

Anyway.

Mod: Please replace me too, sorry.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Why are you requesting replacement?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Mod: can you prod fuzzylightning please?

I don't know if he was prodded already because he hasn't posted since the 4th.

Incog might have a good meta find on SL from that game with Battle Mage. To be honest, I don't spend much time if any reading meta but if it happened before it might be a valid point. I'm concerned however that her aggression is not the same kind in that game that she displayed here and that she might not have been provoked in that other game. Who knows. I don't think her emotion in this game got to the point where it was trying to weaken Incog's points, so I'm willing to think it was genuine frustration.

I also need to reevaluate my position on iLord and RR because the more I see from RR, the more I think his case against him was inflated. I don't think this necessarily makes iLord or anyone look scummy for questioning RR's motive on voting sthar, but I guess RR was asked things enough to make his case larger when he was only pushing it a little bit.
iLord wrote:1. Scum are not the only ones that look at things in hindsight – townies do it all the time. But scum are the ones that most commonly use hindsight as an excuse to back off a point. Townies do not say: “I was wrong before and I should’ve changed before.” Townies say: “I am wrong now and I should change now.” Your filling the scum mold that I’ve predicted for you perfectly.
Raging Rabbit wrote:I never even said I was wrong, no idea what you're trying to say here.
A few of iLord's questions and comments on RR look to me like he is drawing conclusions without looking carefully enough at the information. For now, just a
FoS: iLord
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Elmo »

fuzzylightning's prod from the 8th still sits in my outbox. I'm going to give him a couple more days. Looking for a Crazy replacement now.

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

iLord wrote:I can’t seem to recall or find where you explained your reasoning behind the MC speculation. Could you repeat it?
I wrote:The massclaim speculation isn't a good move for scum because it draws attention to them and their roles, and makes any convincing fakeclaims they may have ready not as good since the town sees how insistent they were on claiming it. Also the way he chose to phrase his offer it feels very pro town in hindsight.
iLord wrote:I’m not diverting attention from my point – Contrary to what you believe, I’m actually trying to find out something from the questions I ask. More points against you would convince more people that you’re actually scum.
iLord wrote:I do admit it's not really "blowing up." It's more like how I would've expected you to act as pressured scum - attempting to set-up contradictions in my speech to defend against my attack, all the while backing off the point my original case was based upon.
If you really thought I was trying to back away from your original point, you'd be pushing that more and the stuff I brought up to "distract from it" less. However, your original point isn't convincing at all and your case is dependant on moving discussion to other matters, which proves your above quote contrived as well.
You know what I mean – what would a townie have done if they realized that they were wrong?
This question is still loaded, as well as irrelevant. There's more than one possible reaction for "a townie", the best one being to say so and unvote.
Explain. According to the definition of a contradiction, I’d have to have to be stating conflicting ideas. My ideas are not conflicting. It matters not if you say that you can jump into my mind and say that I’m actually thinking that they are – by my definition and classification of the backing offs, they are different.
Contradiction in this game is a subjective term. I have strong doubts about your alignment, so taking everything you say at face value would be a severe mistake. Saying that everyone should the accept the "it's not a contradiction because I say so" statement is completely false.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”