Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Korlash wrote:Were you actually told "You have been RBed"?
I was told that I had to choose someone else who would be roleblocked, just like me.
Korts wrote:Lawrence: is there some part of your role that you haven't yet told us?
Yes, what happens when a cop targets me. But I do not know what happens to the cop in that case.

The problem I see with killing K7 or Landlord is, we still wouldn't get rid of the stabber if it was indeed someone who joined D3. I would prefer killing forbiddanlight.

Elvis, are you implying you know that you're not RBed? Don't answer if you don't need to.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Korlash »

Lawrence wrote:The problem I see with killing K7 or Landlord is, we still wouldn't get rid of the stabber if it was indeed someone who joined D3. I would prefer killing forbiddanlight.
No... you will not kill forbiddan... The game just wouldn't be the same without her... *cries*

No comment on why being RBed didn't stop you from using your power? Interesting...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I find it very interesting that Lawrence was apparently targetted for RB, yet that doesn't actually block him, but allows him to copy the block and block someone else.

I do not know if I was RB'ed or not.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Korlash wrote:
Lawrence wrote:The problem I see with killing K7 or Landlord is, we still wouldn't get rid of the stabber if it was indeed someone who joined D3. I would prefer killing forbiddanlight.
No... you will not kill forbiddan... The game just wouldn't be the same without her... *cries*
Are you starting to think lawrence is telling the truth and is town? If so, we shouldn't lynch him.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Korts »

Lawrence wrote:Yes, what happens when a cop targets me. But I do not know what happens to the cop in that case.
Please elaborate on this. For now, it looks like you're pre-emptively trying to justify any guilty result on you.
scumchat never die
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Korts wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Yes, what happens when a cop targets me. But I do not know what happens to the cop in that case.
Please elaborate on this. For now, it looks like you're pre-emptively trying to justify any guilty result on you.
I already did earlier. If a cop targets me, I copy the investigation to someone else, but I don't know yet what happens to the cop. I'm guessing one of these 3 things would happen: either the cop gets 2 results, or he gets a guilty if one of me and the copied target is guilty and else innocent, or he gets an innocent if one of me and the copied target is innocent and else guilty. If there is a cop, this could be tested by letting me copy the investigation to the cop himself, then the cop can rule out 2 of these possibilities and have an accurate result on me. But that would require a claim.
I find it very interesting that Lawrence was apparently targetted for RB, yet that doesn't actually block him, but allows him to copy the block and block someone else.
Well, I guess it's a bit like two blockers blocking each other: do they both get blocked or not. Maybe I was blocked in copying anything else, but I didn't get a message of being targeted, besides the roleblock, or me being roleblocked would also block that message... I'll stop speculating now before I confuse myself :P .
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Korlash »

Elvis wrote:Are you starting to think lawrence is telling the truth and is town? If so, we shouldn't lynch him.
... Of course not... But in Mafia EVERYTHING is a possibility, and so it is always best to have a backup plan.
lawrence wrote:Well, I guess it's a bit like two blockers blocking each other: do they both get blocked or not. Maybe I was blocked in copying anything else, but I didn't get a message of being targeted, besides the roleblock, or me being roleblocked would also block that message... I'll stop speculating now before I confuse myself
Actually with two RBs blocking each other the mod assigns priority (Normally to th one sent in first) and that one blocks the other. Some mods may say "they cancle each other out," but that won't work for a RB v. Jailkeeper, and some mods may say neither is blocked, which again won't work for a Jailkeer v. RB. The only way I have found to e fair, balanced, and useful is to assign one priority.

But enough on mod theory...

What is it about me you don't like? I'm here in prone hammering position and you pretty much ignore what i say? I mean this eact thing I said 10 posts ago, yet you don't respond until Elvis says it? Let me try again then...

You being RBed should block the "you have been RBed" message. Your ability is one that targets, so it can be blocked. Meaning all aspects of that ability should be blocked.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I ignored it because you didn't ask me anything, and I wouldn't know the answer if you did. In post 1001 you did, so I quoted Elvis because it was easier to quote. And if I quoted post 1001, the issue would not be quoted...
You being RBed should block the "you have been RBed" message. Your ability is one that targets, so it can be blocked. Meaning all aspects of that ability should be blocked.
My ability targets, indeed, but the other part is the message thing, which apparently wasn't blocked. Maybe copying the roleblock wasn't blocked, because then the message wouldn't make sense? I don't know. Maybe you provided the answer yourself with the priority thing and I have more priority, I don't know. Asking doesn't hurt anyone:

Mod
: do you have a priority list for resolving night actions?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Korlash »

Lawrence wrote:I ignored it because you didn't ask me anything, and I wouldn't know the answer if you did. In post 1001 you did, so I quoted Elvis because it was easier to quote. And if I quoted post 1001, the issue would not be quoted...
I outlined two seperate theories as to why you are probably lying. Question or not you should have felt the urge to respond to them. To not respond at all leaves me to conclude one of my theories is probably correct.
Lawrence wrote:My ability targets, indeed, but the other part is the message thing, which apparently wasn't blocked. Maybe copying the roleblock wasn't blocked, because then the message wouldn't make sense? I don't know. Maybe you provided the answer yourself with the priority thing and I have more priority, I don't know. Asking doesn't hurt anyone:
And there-in lies my problem. Why even bother telling you? No matter who you pick or what you do, it will be blocked anyway. Copying a block does nothing as you yourself will be blocked. Unless you're not telling us something about your role.

Do YOU copy the action, or is the action copied for the person targeting you? Such as if a cop investigates you and you target player B, does the cop investigate both or do you investigate player B and the cop investigates you?

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Korlash wrote:I outlined two seperate theories as to why you are probably lying. Question or not you should have felt the urge to respond to them. To not respond at all leaves me to conclude one of my theories is probably correct.
I did not see you implied that I was lying. Better be more clear next time, or I should read more carefully.
And there-in lies my problem. Why even bother telling you? No matter who you pick or what you do, it will be blocked anyway. Copying a block does nothing as you yourself will be blocked. Unless you're not telling us something about your role.
I see where you're coming from, but it's just plain logic:
IF I get a message that I'm blocked, me not being able to get someone else blocked wouldn't make sense.
IF I am blocked and therefore can't copy the block, me getting a message wouldn't make sense (unless any vanilla would get a message if he was blocked, but this message was not like that).
SO: either I got a message and also copied the block, or both did not happen.
Do YOU copy the action, or is the action copied for the person targeting you? Such as if a cop investigates you and you target player B, does the cop investigate both or do you investigate player B and the cop investigates you?
For this, there is a clear answer. It's the latter. I don't copy any actions for myself, it's just as if the one that performs an action on me, performs two actions: one on me, and another one on the target of my choice. I don't exactly know what happens when a cop investigates me, but I do know that I don't investigates anyone, I just copy targets.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Korts »

Lawrence, to be honest, I believe your roleclaim less and less. Thinking this blocking story through, it doesn't make much sense for you to be notified of anything. The flipside is, of course, why would you claim to have been blocked, then, but you may not have thought the implications through properly, plus it would make sense if you didn't want to trip up in case someone did target you with an ability and you failed to claim a related action on your part to claim to have been blocked.

So I advocate a hammer.
scumchat never die
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well... Based on what Lawrence has given me and what I know to be true... I cannot believe he is telling the truth. I believe it is possable, but I also believe Aliens, Time travel, and losing weight on the "Krispie Kream" diet are possible... I'm just not going to devote my life to proving it.

Occam's Razor suggests I should hammer Lawrence, however let's face it... we have a good 4 days of risk free discussion time remaining and a few people who could use some face time in this game... so why rush?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

but I also believe Aliens, Time travel...are possible
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... iya_Haruhi
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Korlash »

I find Doctor Who to be a good example as well. Although Artemis Fowl is a good one as well... provided you can think of Fairies as Aliens... Oh and who can forget the hitchhiker's series...

Come to think of it most of my life has been devoted to these subjects... Gotta love a good book...

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, all you forgot was espers and sliders, so I figured Haruhi was appropriate :P
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Korlash »

Aye. I must say I find it quiet interesting...

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yesh. Book 9 is REALLY getting interesting though (I finally got to it :P)
-StrangerCoug

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

An incessant whistling fell over the forest, as the breeze became a gale, within the space of a minute or two. Everyone realised they had seen this before, but nonetheless parted their separate ways and ran for cover. The storm was yet again brief and everyone promptly reconvened, 1 of the group was missing, but their role in this terror had been revealed.

Forbiddanlight (Rep. Dahill1) - Mason, Blown Away?? Day 8

With little time to mourn the loss of another innocent face, the survivors had to get back down to business.

It is still Day 8. With 7 of you alive, 4 votes will now lynch. The Vote Count has been reset. You have 3 days, 2 hours to make your decision.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:34 am

Post by Korts »

Vote: Lawrencelot

Still of the same opinion.
scumchat never die
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Landlord »

Storms.
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Landlord »

Unless somebody figures this out:
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Landlord »

Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Landlord »

There's gonna be a big one.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Korlash »

Yeah yeah Fire.

Vote: Lawrence

I had to say it didn't I... "risk free days"...

Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Landlord »

Incorrect.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”