Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Masquerader Green »

In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 31, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
That's not true; olive has done two things (you overlooked that they revealed to us they had trouble logging into their account) and both things were written with the intent to get others to like them rather than to uncover information about the identity of the intruders or to disclose meaningful information about themselves.

Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
In post 40, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
Yeah this line looks agenda driven.
looking at this it's rather clear yellow took purple's statement very out of context, and I get why purple is speaking the way they are to them as a result. I still find purple's manner of speaking rather peculiar but I can leave it be, I am accepting of differences.
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:27 am

VOTE: Masquerader Yellow

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Masquerader Purple »

Green, why do you believe yellow took my post out of context due to being an intruder rather than a masqué jumping to conclusions?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:41 am

Green?
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:49 am

Post by RH »

Music

Reception Count II

Masquerader Yellow -
Not In A Pair
- Masquerader Red, Masquerader Blue, Masquerader Yellow, Masquerader Cyan, Masquerader Magenta, Masquerader Olive, Masquerader Purple, Masquerader Teal

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • I'm going on vacation this afternoon. Datisi will take over until 3 October.
The
Reception
concludes in (expired on 2022-09-30 14:50:00).

Last edited by RH on Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:46 am

In post 77, Masquerader Purple wrote:Green, why do you believe yellow took my post out of context due to being an intruder rather than a masqué jumping to conclusions?
it's pretty obvious in context that your post is laying out why you think olive is not to be trusted, and that comment yellow took out of context is a directly follow-up saying "do you see why I'm saying this now?"

also, no one is actually voting anyone yet, and I want that to change.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:24 am

In post 80, Masquerader Green wrote:
In post 77, Masquerader Purple wrote:Green, why do you believe yellow took my post out of context due to being an intruder rather than a masqué jumping to conclusions?
it's pretty obvious in context that your post is laying out why you think olive is not to be trusted, and that comment yellow took out of context is a directly follow-up saying "do you see why I'm saying this now?"

Ah, I see. Do you think teal or magenta are also trying to mischaracter what I'm writing? They both wrote different variations of "I can't understand purple."

Have you thought about pairs, green?
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:46 am

oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
UNVOTE: Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:52 am

In post 81, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 80, Masquerader Green wrote:

Ah, I see. Do you think teal or magenta are also trying to mischaracter what I'm writing? They both wrote different variations of "I can't understand purple."

Have you thought about pairs, green?
I don't think they're mischaracterizing but it does look like magenta might be angling to push you for your way of speaking
Yellow was the only one to take a specific line of text and misrepresent it.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:59 pm

I had a very unpleasant nightmare after writing last night and I have now realized it indicated the identity of one of the intruders.
In post 56, Masquerader Red wrote:I feel there are significant odds that Purple and Olive are TvT.
Red, thank you for your detailed response, if I try my best to be open to the possibility I misread olive, will you extend the same grace toward teal?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:17 pm

In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:21 pm

This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:29 pm

I am confident in my deduction and am ready to move forward. If new information is uncovered which suggests my deduction is incorrect then my intent to complete the puzzle will return, but as of now, the puzzle has already been completed for me. I will try to return regularly to see if there are any questions or updates.
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:37 pm

In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:

In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
that's your takeaway? lmao
I still think Yellow is sus as fuck you assclown
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 67, Masquerader Magenta wrote:@olive, what's FPS posting?
fancy playstyle but I see they’ve now abandoned it, thank God.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.
Can you give me your case for both of them? And thank you for making your posts actually readable.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Masquerader Red »

Regarding Teal: I don't care if people have strong suspicions at this juncture (I myself don't have strong suspicions, just some inklings). I do think it's important, even more so than in a normal game, to give reads and interact with other players quickly. Others have alluded to meta being a crutch more than they may have realized, and together with the short deadlines and nature of dance setups, we have every reason to put ourselves out there quickly so we have material to sort out. This can include townreads. Teal being willing to give a gut townread on Olive, at the least, is something. However, it did feel like drawing blood from a stone, and it does feel somewhat placative being given a single gut townread, especially in a post where Teal said they were "doubling down" on "still parsing things" (even if, I think, that phrase was referring specifically to giving scumreads).

Regarding Cyan: it certainly would be lovely if they'd follow this advice to engage with the game as well.

Regarding Purple's page 4 solve: I can understand seeing those posts from Green as team-y toward Yellow, but I don't think it's anywhere near ironclad, and I still don't really buy Yellow as particularly suspicious (and it seems Purple's logic starts with finding Yellow suspicious). I more see those posts from Green as somewhat dubious in isolation - the "out of context" thing feels like an excuse to push the person who happened to call them scummy earlier, and I particularly don't like , which feels dismissive, because this feels like a somewhat arbitrary line in the sand:
Green wrote:Yellow was the only one to take a specific line of text and misrepresent it.

It feels to me like Green has already decided to suspect Yellow (perhaps because Yellow was the first one to call out Green's first post), and now that they're being called out by a player like Purple, feel the need to justify it with some sound looking logic. But I don't see why "taking a specific line of text and misrepresenting it" should be the distinguishing factor, logically. It feels manufactured.

Regarding the Yellow half of Purple's solve, I'm willing to listen to arguments, but I feel Purple's wall decrying Yellow was a bit of a mountain from a molehill; for one, Purple spent three full paragraphs lambasting the phrase "agenda driven", which has now also been used by both Olive and Magenta. I've mentioned thinking Yellow is townish, and I think the continuation of their play is as well. It feels, I suppose, not especially agenda driven, like they're just calling out reads they have and going with the flow of the thread. (And also, I think their reads are very good).

If there's anything in this game that's been audacious so far, it's the degree of Purple's surety at any given juncture.

My reads are in flux, but right now I like Olive, Blue, and Yellow (and since there's been so much ambiguity over this throughout this game so far... "like" means "consider likely town"). Purple is an interesting case, because the more they post, the more I realize it's going to be exceedingly difficult to feel confident about them in the absence of meta. There are definitely players on this site who would relish the opportunity to take a scum draw in an anonymous game and play it in this manner. I think my impression of their slot on the whole is still more likely town than not. Magenta (and of course, Cyan) have yet to leave a strong impression, and Teal and Green are where my current suspicions lie.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:08 pm

Post by Masquerader Magenta »

I think purple is really town, though, not necessarily because of their cases or tone but I really liked their response to me about purple prose and I also think that them reconsidering on teal is +town.

Red feels very negative in general, not liking the vibes. also, talk to me, not about me if you want to sort me

Think scum could easily be in yellow/green/olive/red/cyan, which is a way too big pool but you all having the same avatar has made the scum pool bleed together a bit.

I'm happy to pair with purple.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:10 pm

Post by Masquerader Magenta »

(green ans red could be town, Greene's posting is awkward and red feels like a ton of generic shade with no massive conclusions. )
Masquerader Teal
Masquerader Teal
Townie
Masquerader Teal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Masquerader Teal »

I feel a lot of what's being brought up against me so far is entirely in my playstyle and if you knew who I was, people might realize I'm slow in my process, and people would definitely feel dumb about associating a joke with my alignment.

Purple narrowing it down to two is interesting. I'm not sure I agree with purple's assessment. However, I think it's pretty attention grabby to blatantly call out two people as scum, and unless your partner was also lurking in the background I don't see the benefit it has to scum to be so flashy so for now I'm willing to put purple in the town column.

It is interesting, however, that in the story of yellow and green taking shots at each other, yellow fired the first stone, sussing the post green made about being sick (which seems like a throw-away suspicion to me). Maybe purple is onto something, yellow casting a little bit of shade onto a partner, having it be reciprocated later for distancing. I don't know if that's ultimately how I feel.

It's been 3 days and we have someone who hasn't spoken. I'm trying not to automatically scumread them but it's hard when I have data on everyone else and nothing on them.

I'm also a little wary of blue mostly for the predecessor's reads; the more I think about them, the more I don't like them. I feel the "yay, role play!" is in a similar vein to me joking about asking the back-up mod to dance so I think blue just is stiff and picked people who were looser because blue doesn't play that way and assumed that people joking around are doing so nervously, trying to hide something. Or something. I don't really know. Regardless, I'd like more from new blue as well before I can say that I truly worry about blue or not.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Masquerader Cyan »

Apologies for my tardiness; however, the commencement of this event did not align well with my schedule. I am here now and look forward to the festivities.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:01 am

In post 15, Masquerader Teal wrote:
Offer hand to Datisi

Current mood:

Spoiler:
This is a good mood to be in and the song choice is excellent.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:02 am

In post 18, Masquerader Blue wrote:I like My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) and Immortals. I don't know any of their other songs.
This is a view that only an Intruder could hold.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:03 am

In post 24, Masquerader Blue wrote:Evening, my fellow Masqueraders, do forgive my late arrival!

I do not necessarily endorse the opinions or reads of the previous guest with the blue mask.
Good. They were objectively bad opinions.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:04 am

In post 28, Masquerader Blue wrote:I see Cyan has been quiet so far.

How's it going, Cyan?
It is going quite well, thank you. My schedule was booked full this weekend, hence my late arrival.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”