Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8350 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 8249, DeasVail wrote:Directly communicating with CSF in-thread about whether to just let Morning Tweet die or go for my elim instead just feels way too.... blatantly like a scum PT conversation for it to be carried out in thread like that? Especially since if it was CSF + Frog as scum with Tweet there, there was very little evidence actual townies wanting my death over Tweet's at that point.
Also I just went back and reread this part of the game

the thing that makes it scummy in my mind is like - I don't have a strong recollection of Frog pushing Gamma when Gamma was around. I'll go back and do some homework after this post, but IIRC Frog wasn't pushing Gamma at all until Tweet came in. Now, suddenly, he's writing up a case on Gamma? If he was aware of these points before why was he not addressing them before when he wasn't voting Gamma? I kinda feel like it may have been an effort to make sure he has a nice justification for his Tweet scumread+vote left over there in ISO for if anyone goes looking later
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8351 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8347, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 8229, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 8116, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Frogsterking

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

Rolling Mason is such a negative utility because it makes guys play like total brick heads

have fun winning D9 or whatever when you FINALLY kill all the scum

Thank goodness Menalque got fucking shot and Gamma exited so you guys stopped hard defending scum
Frog, have you ever self-voted as town before?
@Frog - This was a serious question, can you link me a time you've self-voted as town?
fwiw when you asked this originally I went and tried to do a site search to see if he had and I couldn't find any instances of him self voting at all.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8352 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4126, Frogsterking wrote:The problem with Gamma is that they're in a similar category as HEM, they're Towned by IIRC scamper and also by Ari posthumously.
could this not be scum grabbing for towncred for his buddies using the voice of Real Townies? If Frog is town it's unlucky that he had a position of "well I scumread their play but conf town thinks they were town" on not one but two mafias
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8353 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4420, Frogsterking wrote:D2 tilt wagon?
In post 4423, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4421, DeasVail wrote:what is a tilt wagon?
HEM
In post 4424, Frogsterking wrote:
When the towncore goes on tilt and throws away the D2 kill.
Frog blatantly defending HEM here

I know sometimes town is Loud and Wrong about townreads on scum, but this super confident townread really only sprung up in response to HEM being wagoned. Initially Frog was suggesting he'd be ok with the wagon (before it actually happened)
In post 4115, Frogsterking wrote:I think HEM is fair game today because none of the 5 slots I'm sheeping for proxy Town reads (ydrasse, scamper, Ausuka, Dats, Nero) town read HEM unless Nero does.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8354 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4208, Thestatusquo wrote:my reads are pretty fluid because I'm always reevaluating and picking at new things. If I had to post a reads list of where I'm at exactly right now it would look something like this

Town
Ausuka

Nero Cain
scamper
Dannflor
Frogsterking

DeasVail
marcistar

datisi
GuiltyLion
enchant/xof
Somethingsmart
Obscure
humaneatingmonkey
ydrasse

fireisredsir
gamma emerald
Scum

But everything in the middle is pretty squishy.
If I'm being completely honest here I kind of want fireisred to be scum because I want this read list to be correct.

But that's a stupid reason and gammas iso wrt fire looks so fucking pockety
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8355 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just...don't really think frogsterking is scum? I guess is the long and the short of it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8356 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8353, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4420, Frogsterking wrote:D2 tilt wagon?
In post 4423, Frogsterking wrote:
HEM
In post 4424, Frogsterking wrote:
When the towncore goes on tilt and throws away the D2 kill.
Frog blatantly defending HEM here

I know sometimes town is Loud and Wrong about townreads on scum, but this super confident townread really only sprung up in response to HEM being wagoned. Initially Frog was suggesting he'd be ok with the wagon (before it actually happened)
In post 4115, Frogsterking wrote:I think HEM is fair game today because none of the 5 slots I'm sheeping for proxy Town reads (ydrasse, scamper, Ausuka, Dats, Nero) town read HEM unless Nero does.
this is a pretty good point and I made a similar point with his actions with the gamma lim too though where he was seemingly trying to come up with reasons people should be town reading gamma only to hammer almost immediately when I claimed intent.

:/

this game is hard.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8357 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

idk mayne.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8358 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

UNVOTE:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8359 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

This past page and a half has made me way less paranoid about guiltylion.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8360 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The other thing that I find striking is there seems to me to be a marked difference in how frogster has approached today compared to other days in tone and substance. Previous days there were a lot of loud proclamations about who was scum and a lot of antagonism towards scum reads as well as sort of a brash confidence which seems to be completely gone today. He is definitely coasting. Unlike the other players who seem to have hesitation based off of being genuinely unsure of who could be scum out of the options frogster just doesn't seem to be thinking about it all that much.

I am kind of taken with that post that dannflor called town from frogster because something I try to do a lot is listen to people when they talk about things that they think about wrt others alignment because frequently they take those observations with their self as a baseline. Frogster said he thought I might be town because I haven't "burned out." But it seems like he himself has burned out a bit here.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8361 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Frogsterking
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8362 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8363 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

frog is still voting himself

you gotta admit it would be p funny to lim him before he notices and can take that off
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8364 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I am now obsessed with that idea.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8365 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8349, GuiltyLion wrote:actually @Frog nvm I just went back and checked and I had forgotten you self-voted in KTANE. Which was maybe a slightly different situation since you knew you had just done an extremely anti-town play, but I guess does give a basic precedent to being willing to sac yourself under fire.

still, I'm having a hard time understanding why you had the reaction you did. Why did Datisi suspecting you cause you a reactive response like that?
I'm not answering your stupid questions. Your frog case is irredeemably bad if you're Town. If you're scum then good job I guess.

What's fire at right now?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8366 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8360, Thestatusquo wrote:The other thing that I find striking is there seems to me to be a marked difference in how frogster has approached today compared to other days in tone and substance. Previous days there were a lot of loud proclamations about who was scum and a lot of antagonism towards scum reads as well as sort of a brash confidence which seems to be completely gone today. He is definitely coasting. Unlike the other players who seem to have hesitation based off of being genuinely unsure of who could be scum out of the options frogster just doesn't seem to be thinking about it all that much.

I am kind of taken with that post that dannflor called town from frogster because something I try to do a lot is listen to people when they talk about things that they think about wrt others alignment because frequently they take those observations with their self as a baseline. Frogster said he thought I might be town because I haven't "burned out." But it seems like he himself has burned out a bit here.
Recency bias. I'm burned out because this Town is fucking annoying not because I'm lying lmao
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8367 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler:
In post 4995, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: something_smart

idk i don't really believe obscure is scum but whatever

would also just vote DV if anyone wants to do that
In post 5009, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: deasvail
In post 5386, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: tweet
In post 5605, fireisredsir wrote:not really opposed to an obscure wagon either but

VOTE: S_S
In post 6414, fireisredsir wrote:was kinda waiting for mena to come back and talk but ig maybe it doesn't matter. sure

VOTE: mena
In post 6442, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: ss
In post 7033, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: mena
In post 7073, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: SS
In post 7148, fireisredsir wrote:also feel free to blame me if its ss town mena scum, i kept campaigning for ss lim over mena

one thing I'll say, fire's trajectory on flipped slots late D2 and D3 does not make it seem like he is informed of anyone's alignment. especially the later flips, posts #6414 - 7073 all come in kinda quick succession and honestly at that point I think any scum who sees their partner probably doomed in a situation like that vote parks their partner. or maybe they vote park the competing wagon. this whole swap back and forth thing is really unintuitive imo.

like... I suspected fire off of memory that he had a lot of pushes onto town while simultaneously soft-defending town. Which, the above kinda confirms yes. but the above doesn't really look like he's trying to keep obscure/menalque alive. nor does it look like he's trying to convincingly bus! it feels like town waffling idk
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Dannflor »

soft-defending scum*
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8366, Frogsterking wrote:Recency bias. I'm burned out because this Town is fucking annoying not because I'm lying lmao
earlier it was a strategic decision?
In post 8038, Frogsterking wrote:If Titus thinks Shea is a misvig then it's probably fire. I'm probably going to continue lurking, it seems like chiming in periodically is an effective playstyle for me once the early game is complete.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8370 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

VOTE: frogsterking
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8371 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: fireisred

Now it's hard to find the scum because a handful of you look like scummy weirdos with your shitty frog cases. I remember skimming the thread while I was lurking out and thinking fire looked like deepscum derping around, flailing and waving their arms with some wacked out frog case and making clumsy attempts to pocket anyone who was wacked out enough to listen to her. Now from skimming the last couple of pages it's hard to tell the difference. I'm expecting it's fire and you guys hammer me because of skill issues and then fire gets shot/killed tomorrow. If it's not fire then idk they're hiding pretty well.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8372 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

frogster's whole thing is revisionist history

like ragging on masons for allowing SS wagon to happen while he was actively campaigning for SS throughout that day phase as I look at it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8373 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

frogster can you vote yourself again for a minute