Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #8551 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Datisi »

obviously yes
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8552 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8534, Datisi wrote:
In post 8417, Datisi wrote:frog, can you show me an example of where town-you cared to build a townblock / what dead town is thinking as hard as you did this game? i don't remember that being an aspect of your play in bunnies, but i could be forgetting
@frogsterking

I got the idea from playing in Large games because I realized there are too many players for 1 person to sort effectively. At the time I played Bunnies (mini) I was focused more so on the survey start and I hadn't played in any large mafia games ever, even on EM.

If you look at how I play D1 in KTANE -> LOST -> Team Fight Tactics -> here there should be a clear progression toward town blocking and relying on reads lists from multiple players to get extra Town reads.

For example, in KTANE, the mechanic of voting for the bomb teams functioned like choosing a Town core, and I asked people for reads lists a bunch of times. In LOST D1 Pooky formed a giant aggregate reads list, which helped a little bit, but the Town core was fractured because it was too big I guess? I was more willing to sheep other peoples reads in LOST and you see me start "hunting for Town Hunters" a little bit. In TFT, you see me execute a very similar strategy on D1 to what I did here once Titus and I become Legends. In TFT I think we had a third party in our Town core? But otherwise it was pretty accurate. We also hit scum D1 in that game which was crushing.

I don't think I will do it in every large game. What motivated me to start doing it here was:

1) I replaced in and other players had a lot more time to get reads than I did (and I thought other players here seemed to have competent D1 reads.)
2) scamper and ydrasse were convinced each other were Town and seemed to be playing like "Town Hunters" so I decided to start focusing on that. I didn't realize they were Masons at the time but the vibe I was getting from them was that neither was pocketed by the other, they trusted each other, and they had already sorted everyone.

The trajectory toward the play I did on D1 should be explicit between what you saw D1 in Bunnies -> KTANE -> LOST -> TFT -> here

I do think that my D1 play here is quite a bit easy to recognize as +Town if you're factoring that heavily into who you vote.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8553 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by T3 »

VC 5.5
Frogsterking (3): GuiltyLion, fireisredsir, Dannflor
fireisredsir (2): Ausuka, Frogsterking
Dannflor (1): Titus
Not voting (3): Datisi, DeasVail, Thestatusquo
Day 5 will end in (expired on 2022-10-19 11:56:00). With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.
Last edited by T3 on Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8554 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: fireisredsir
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8555 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i could be wrong tbh
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8556 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

titus, can you claim please and also start explaining the votes and reads you have? i think it's better to have them out than hope that scum keeps you alive one more day for you to shoot
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8556, Datisi wrote:titus, can you claim please and also start explaining the votes and reads you have? i think it's better to have them out than hope that scum keeps you alive one more day for you to shoot
Later. Lung being a bitch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't see how that stops you from claiming...
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Datisi »

anyway, frogs, i'll be a bit more explicit in what i'm looking for - as town, did you ever refuse to vote a player on the basis of "the townblock is townreading them", or recommend another player not vote someone on that basis? or the inverse, did you vote someone because the townblock was scumreading them?

i read your iso in tft (or i tried to, at least), i didn't see that; and 500+ posts in lost is a bit uh. and i'm assuming you'd remember doing that if you did it, so.
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8559, Datisi wrote:read your iso in tft (or i tried to, at least), i didn't see that; and 500+ posts in lost is a bit uh. and i'm assuming you'd remember doing that if you did it, so.
The way you're going about this series of questions sounds like scum who is pretending to be hung up on some bullshit. It's very likely that I would forget doing this and I don't know why you're assuming otherwise. If you read my ISO in TFT and you don't see the similarities then my only guess is that you forgot to ISO Legends as well. I think your approach to meta where you're asking for proof that I've made a very specific post before as Town and determining if I'm in my Town range based off of whether I am able to produce that proof is unlikely to lead to good results and I think you're aware of that. It seems possible that you're tired of thinking about the game and about my slot and your analysis is regressing towards a simplistic hunt for a gotcha. I doubt that you really come to a conclusion based off of meta that I'm especially outside of my Town range for doing this thing.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Datisi »

oh no, i'm asking because your "i don't wanna vote this person because The Townblock said they're town!!" was used to defend scum here, and i've never seen that behaviour from you before. if you had done it before as town, then it would be at least explainable, but it seems like you didn't, so...
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8561, Datisi wrote:oh no, i'm asking because your "i don't wanna vote this person because The Townblock said they're town!!" was used to defend scum here, and i've never seen that behaviour from you before. if you had done it before as town, then it would be at least explainable, but it seems like you didn't, so...
And you think this is something I'm more likely to do as Town because...?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8562, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 8561, Datisi wrote:oh no, i'm asking because your "i don't wanna vote this person because The Townblock said they're town!!" was used to defend scum here, and i've never seen that behaviour from you before. if you had done it before as town, then it would be at least explainable, but it seems like you didn't, so...
And you think this is something I'm more likely to do as Town because...?
Because you don't like that I did that?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Titus »

Datisi, I'm not claiming.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Datisi »

no, i think using reasoning you've never used before in order to defend flipped scum is something you're more likely to do as scum, i thought that was obvious
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 8564, Titus wrote:Datisi, I'm not claiming.
meh, i was hoping i wouldn't have to listen to "but what if titus even night sk" anymore, but fine w me, you're dead before endgame one way or another anyway.

ETA of your reads reasoning? i don't think we get much by dragging our feet along fire/frog for long, but i don't wanna end the day until you've said things.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 8421, Datisi wrote:
In post 8409, Frogsterking wrote:obvtown!frog
are you really obvtown if the entire game suspects you :thonk:
also, this might've been framed as a joke, but - why are you obvtown, frog?

besides, you need to answer
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8565, Datisi wrote:no, i think using reasoning you've never used before in order to defend flipped scum is something you're more likely to do as scum, i thought that was obvious
I don't agree with this approach to using meta and I doubt you've gotten good results with this kind of scum hunting in the past. I'm not particularly motivated to go dig up an example of what you want because I'm assuming you will say something like "no that isn't like what you did here because xyz" as if what you're pointing out has anything to do with my alignment.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1939, Datisi wrote:every bone in my body is telling me to yeet him, which is about standard as either alignment so whatever. 1310 is veering into TSTBS territory for me. maybe. because "hehehoho i have 3 scumreads and zero townreads" is such a fucking. horrible take that i feel like scum just Doesn't hit submit on a post like that. i hate the way he's playing around me bc it feels like he's afraid to either townread or scumread me because he knows that i am gonna be all over his read if i deem that it's not what i imagine it has to be, and guessing THAT is basically impossible because not even i know what i think it should be right now. but uh, giving this a bit more time until he's a little bit less busy i guess, but. idk. pain.
Like if I were a Mason and you were a VT and I was mad because you said I was playing bad, I could also sit there seething in the mason PT and spend all nightphase combing through your ISO looking for takes you had which were wrong and then demand that you show me proof you've literally made this exact post before as Town. How would you feel if you were a VT and I decided to take that approach to sorting you at this stage in the game?

It's an incredibly dense and myopic way to approach deducing your pool of suspects, and it probably indicates you're sleep deprived more than it indicates anything else.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Ausuka »

wow ok

Not only does my question get ignored but Datisi brings up Shea's question and not mine which is the post above

I see how it is
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Ausuka »

This is like beetlejuice but instead of appearing when people say my name I appear when people say sleep deprivation

Anyway uh I think datisi asked me why I'm not townreading deas and honestly honestly I am not in the mood right now to write a wall but I wasn't a massive fan of his d2 play and I still think the pushes on frog and Marci felt kind of like... Targeting two players who I'd definitely consider limbait if town

But more so I don't think I've seen anything that convincing that he's town except the obscure push? Which to be fair is a big thing and I do also remember him having some towny posts? One of them was about gamma but I'm too tired to look it up pls bully me into talking about it later if you care

I think his approach today is kinda what I'd expect scum to do but to be fair it also makes sense coming from town dead I guess? I am making s mental note to look into his Shea progression because I remember feeling weird about it but I don't have much to back that up
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #8572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 8570, Ausuka wrote:Not only does my question get ignored but Datisi brings up Shea's question and not mine which is the post above
ok but i asked your question before you did so lole
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Ausuka »

ok wow

My input is that unimportant huh

Sobs
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8567, Datisi wrote:
In post 8421, Datisi wrote:
In post 8409, Frogsterking wrote:obvtown!frog
are you really obvtown if the entire game suspects you :thonk:
also, this might've been framed as a joke, but - why are you obvtown, frog?

besides, you need to answer
I'm probably not going to answer 8536 because it's incomprehensible.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”