fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5181, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5147, Something_Smart wrote:It's possible, is there anything in particular leading you to consider that?
the vc led me to consider it bc i think deas is scum, but it doesn't really feel like scum are piling on obscure's wagon or anything? the vibes rn to me at least just kinda feel like mostly active town who mostly feel similarly about stuff and then who knows what scum are doing

it doesn't feel like scum are in control of anything here

another possibility is that both wagons are town but then like i have no idea who scum even would be at that point. maybe i do have a wrong townread somewhere, idk

at least that was my thought process on seeing the vc

it also feels to me like there is a weird resistance to deas going through but the people who want an obscure lim probably feel the same about obscure and so like... my thought was maybe they're both right

i haven't really seen a single convincing reason for obscure being scum tho so
THE HATERS DIDN'T LISTEN, I WAS ON TO SOMETHING HERE
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8751 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 8750, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5181, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5147, Something_Smart wrote:It's possible, is there anything in particular leading you to consider that?
the vc led me to consider it bc i think deas is scum, but it doesn't really feel like scum are piling on obscure's wagon or anything? the vibes rn to me at least just kinda feel like mostly active town who mostly feel similarly about stuff and then who knows what scum are doing

it doesn't feel like scum are in control of anything here

another possibility is that both wagons are town but then like i have no idea who scum even would be at that point. maybe i do have a wrong townread somewhere, idk

at least that was my thought process on seeing the vc

it also feels to me like there is a weird resistance to deas going through but the people who want an obscure lim probably feel the same about obscure and so like... my thought was maybe they're both right

i haven't really seen a single convincing reason for obscure being scum tho so
THE HATERS DIDN'T LISTEN, I WAS ON TO SOMETHING HERE
are you like, confident dv is scum at this point? this seems kind of incongruent with earlier where you were like sure frog is scum and dv was just the person you townread the least somewhat

(will do actual analysis later lol i'm finally home and have a day off so i should be doing Mafia Things today)
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8752 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the game felt exactly like scum was not in control at all and they were just treading water

the deas wagon was almost all town, only obscure (and technically possibly ausuka) was on it (and me but i town)

scum was just doing what they could and making the best of a bad situation where they're kinda universally poe scumread, and crossvoting in the hopes that people looking back later would decide that one of the wagons must be town

which is exactly what people did
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8753 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:04 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i mean fwiw like i havent been feeling like i have especially good reads LMAO?

i know this is a wierd thing to ask about but can u explain that cos like

it kind of feels like my reads would only be good this game if you're a wolf >.>
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8754 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8751, Ausuka wrote:are you like, confident dv is scum at this point? this seems kind of incongruent with earlier where you were like sure frog is scum and dv was just the person you townread the least somewhat
the all caps was mostly joking

im much more confident than i had any expectation of being at the start of the day, i didn't have any hope of finding a scumread i felt good about

but im also like, less confident than i was about frog lmao so take that as you will
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8755 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8753, Ausuka wrote:i mean fwiw like i havent been feeling like i have especially good reads LMAO?

i know this is a wierd thing to ask about but can u explain that cos like

it kind of feels like my reads would only be good this game if you're a wolf >.>
uhh no i think you've had good reads? but like it's mostly certain places where you've just had... way more confidence than i would have had there.

like vp d1. and the eiralox lack of response being NAI. and shea entrance being towny. and MT being polarized and scummy. and frog being too easy of a push

all of those, when you posted about them at the time i was like... why do you feel this so strongly? i don't get it. and part of me reads those kind of things as possible tmi. especially cause all of them were right. but you also could just be right

i think those were the main ones but there were probably others where i felt that vibe
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8756 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:09 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

in this exact moment actually i would say im pretty confident

but guaranteed once dv shows up and posts again ill be like oh nooo he's townyyy

frog does not have that same effect on me which maybe is why my confidence remained mostly unwavering
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8757 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I mean I don't feel like my reads this game have been good at all unless it's like exactly you as the remaining scum but also like I know I tend to be self critical so maybe I would like to hear from someone else if fire's perception is normal to have

I also don't feel like I've actually been that confident about any of those things and am sort of confused where you got that perception?

pedit: relatable tbh i hate when ppl say reasonable things and you townread them for it even though you know you shouldn't
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8758 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think those types of reads feel less meaningful in the grand scheme of things than your main scumread but they're still just as important (and maybe even more difficult to get right)

you haven't even like pushed me at all so it's not like your wrong read on me is hurting anything, besides maybe not allowing you to see other possibilities
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8759 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

and maybe it was less that you were super confident in them and more that i was on the opposite side of like all of them and so when you argued the points with me i was like, does she know something i don't?

i think its probably like a pride thing LOL i subconsciously don't want to admit that i could be wrong that many times when the person who got it right has all the same info as me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8760 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

actually i was on the same side about MT but still like i think the level to which you emphasized her being polarized felt exaggerated past the point where i agreed with it, and that felt weird
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8761 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

another example from someone else actually is deas immediately strongly townreading shea on entrance

that was another case where i saw that and was like... hmm, i feel like this person reached this conclusion a little to easily

and his response was like "well maybe i just have a good read?"

and i was like ok fair enough

but i think it actually was tmi
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8762 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:23 pm

Post by Ausuka »

wow ok i thought that big case was pretty cool i guess not

sobs

pedit: shrug i mean some players just have like zero capacity to play scum beyond a basic level and are easy to read through that and i mean, check my game history if you want, i know what it's like to be a polarised player in almost exactly the way tweet is lol

i was wrong about gamma when it actually mattered
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8763 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5484, DeasVail wrote:I’m uh pretty sure tweet is scum and attempts to leave me open as an option seem suspicious
In post 5485, DeasVail wrote:Unless people think I’m scum with the gamma slot…
ah yes this post
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8764 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8762, Ausuka wrote:wow ok i thought that big case was pretty cool i guess not

sobs
it was but like you haven't exactly been pushing much since then
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8765 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8762, Ausuka wrote:pedit: shrug i mean some players just have like zero capacity to play scum beyond a basic level and are easy to read through that and i mean, check my game history if you want, i know what it's like to be a polarised player in almost exactly the way tweet is lol
i already did check your game history :>

but my point is that tweet isn't that at all, i think she's pretty good at scum actually, it's just that she's capable of being nutty as town on replace in and here she was underwhelming

anyway this isn't really relevant to the game at this point
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8766 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5191, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5185, DeasVail wrote:fire, what has created a sense of almost-passion regarding me being scum? With me being town (obviously this is not clear to people rn but I'll likely be flipped sometime soon), the progression seems strange in some ways. This might be unfair because I've felt a sense of apathy in regards to the game too, but for someone that has worked well with me before, there seems to be a lack of expression from you as to why I'm different from when you've played with me before.

Also I don't want to eliminate Obscure at this point.
i mean i do think you're very different, but i probably am as well, and I don't think that's something that anyone else is going to care about

i don't feel the same drive to solve things. you seem a little more stiff and inflexible, especially when being questioned, whereas in the previous game it felt like you were easy to talk to and converse with

i felt glimpses of that early on but it's kinda disappeared

idk ive already lost the brief moment of almost-passion that i had, im weak
all of these points literally still apply btw

he's just not really engaged with trying to solve the game in the way that, for example, dann is
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8767 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5732, DeasVail wrote:Looking back over end of day 2, Cat and Frog were the most vocal about exploring options other than tweet. Cat actually voted for me, which I think is much more likely from town because tweet was likely being eliminated at that stage and it’s just not a good look. Frog is reasonably likely to be town too because of the messy way in which (from an external perspective) he was very blatantly trying to make something else happen, but I am less certain on Frog-town than Cat-town because scum-Frog may have felt encouraged by town-Cat pushing for something else to happen.

I think that TSQ’s play end of D2 is scummy in a vacuum, but I’m not sure if it changes my overall read of them.

It’s also worthwhile considering the possibility that this was just a situation with low scum presence. S_S had earlier seemed to be encouraging the idea of a wagon on me without wanting to commit to it himself and while I probably think obscure is less likely scum than S_S, it is definitely possible.
In post 5735, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5733, Frogsterking wrote:Dease, I'm confused why Cat is even being considered in .
I don’t take anything for granted
also this post expressing a read on csf is weird to make when everyone else is treating csf as conftown

(shoutout to frog for calling that out, sorry buddy)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8768 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6225, DeasVail wrote:The stakes do not quite feel high enough, nor is the game whittled down enough for me to go into ultra solvey mode. I really am at the point where I feel like S_S is a good enough elim.
now would be a good time
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8769 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 8764, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8762, Ausuka wrote:wow ok i thought that big case was pretty cool i guess not

sobs
it was but like you haven't exactly been pushing much since then
ok in my defense i've been busy and stuff!! and also i didn't really feel like u were going to slip away

but yeah i need to do more analysis and stuff >.>

also no please don't check my game history actually that's embarassing :cry:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8770 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8415, Frogsterking wrote:You guys really do suck at getting reads in this gamestate so I recommend closing your eyes and randomly picking between fireisred and dease until the game is over.
same

sheep the dead frog

yeet me and dv
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8771 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 112, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 109, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 100, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 93, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 90, fireisredsir wrote:she's just town imo
holy mother of quick conclusions
it's ok to have quick conclusions when they're right :>
how do you know its right?
because im informed of everyone's alignment, ofc
was going to write a fire iso post but i just want to quote this

who's tmi now FOOL
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8772 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

he does vote scum a decent amount but it doesn't feel like it's necessarily in an uninformed way to me

like he has gamma as his designated correct scumread alongside 2 or 3 other town, and mostly pushes the town except for when it feels like he needs to be on a building gamma wagon. then once tweet replaces in he kinda goes all in on the push, which i wouldn't be surprised if tweet said to bus her

he joins the hem wagon briefly when it seems inevitable but then hops back off p quickly

he does exactly the same to mena

he votes csf once she's outed, obviously

the votes aren't town pushing for the elimination of people that they think are scum. they're positional votes, all of them
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8773 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6109, fireisredsir wrote:deas... not sure. i would like to believe that he's just town who was right on gamma and probably on SS too. i think if for some reason he was bussing gamma then he would be likely to continue in the manner that he did. im not gonna give him minus points for not doing the fairly natural town thing of kinda stepping back and giving the replacement a slightly clean slate, bc his approach was correct and probably just better in general, but i think it does differ a little bit from how others approached it. fine with treating as town for now anyway
still accurate

no longer fine with treating as town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8774 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8771, Ausuka wrote:
In post 112, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 109, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 100, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 93, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 90, fireisredsir wrote:she's just town imo
holy mother of quick conclusions
it's ok to have quick conclusions when they're right :>
how do you know its right?
because im informed of everyone's alignment, ofc
was going to write a fire iso post but i just want to quote this

who's tmi now FOOL
its me im the fool

at least i was correct on that read tho!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”