fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8775 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8730, fireisredsir wrote:if you want to give me some time to think it over before my death i can try but idk, even if i come up with something i wouldn't really recommend sheeping my reads over scamper's and datisi's
i fully take this back btw

scamper and datisi are DEAD and they were WRONG

and they're probably in the dead thread rn wanting me to be elimmed which is okay but after you do that listen to me instead and lim dv imo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

and ig if thats wrong then you can listen to them and elim shea maybe whatever idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8048, Datisi wrote:
fireisredsir

- is oof (s)
- fire going "maybe both wagons are right" at the time in , when the wagons are obscure and deas, while he himself is pushing deas, is horrible (d)
literally their only two reasons for me being scum are things that are Good, Actually

get outta here ur dead
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by Ausuka »

ok like i'm going to be honest here

it would maybe be like mechanically optimal for me to sheep scamper and dats or whatever and townread dv and just lim fire and shea because they're better players than me

but like. that is such a tedious way to play mafia. and if i applied that logic consistently i should probably have just been sheeping other people this whole game and not doing anything cos players like ari are so much better than me at town that it outweighs the possibility they are scum

i will like give more scrutiny than shea than i would otherwise because of their reads but like
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

there's a healthy level of sheeping the dead and i think most people don't do it enough

but its also very possible to do it too much, i think i sometimes do that

obviously in this specific situation im biased but still
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ig i should like maybe sleep bye
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8768, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 6225, DeasVail wrote:The stakes do not quite feel high enough, nor is the game whittled down enough for me to go into ultra solvey mode. I really am at the point where I feel like S_S is a good enough elim.
now would be a good time
VOTE: fireisredsir
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by Ausuka »

ok uh fire iso part 1!

the first thing i noticed is that his interactions around me and vp around are weird. i don't really like how they seem to discourage me from pushing on vp, obviously, especially with the where they're calling vp out for nitpicky interactions with datisi anyway? i get that they're like not actually scumreading baltar, and they say as much in , but "vp feels fake but he's probably town because he's anti associative on ari" just doesn't feel like a real read? especially since it's way too early for them to have like, a reliable read on ari of the kind that justifies such an associative read.

i'm still not a fan of the eiralox stuff - i think i already talked about this in my fireisscum wall and don't want to repeat myself too much but overall i don't think it's much of a stretch to say eiralox was falling behind there and it's obvious why they wouldn't be posting the same as they do in smaller games, so the push felt like overly uncharitable to me

i don't really like the calling out gamma for the obvious thing, voting gamma when relly does, and then just kinda using scamper's read to backtrack on it

the stuff around feels, uh, unopportunistic and sorta towny?

i dont know if i can verbalise why i don't like but, uh, i don't like it

i don't know what to make of the interaction with gamma around actually, my first instinct was to call it scummy because it's a manufactured pointless exchange but also like maybe gamma isn't this clumsy around her buddy? someone help me out here lol

i still dislike the fire/VPB interactions; the defense early is obviously A Thing and then they just kind of come in dropping the "vp sort of rubbed me the wrong way once but havent seen anything much from him" which imo feels extremely partnery. and other than this they just kinda don't talk about himt

i dislike . idk it just feels fake lol

the readslist in is kinda unfortunate

their read on marci and progression there is still sorta baffling to me. both times i was kinda sussy of marci, they were kind of encouraging it, and in their reads list they do express marci as one of their strongest scumreads and vote her at one point, but also throughout they are not really explaining it? like, no offense to marci but i kinda do feel like she's an easy push to make, so i'm a bit cautious of this

feel kind of uncomfy with their interactions with shea around ; i think shea responding the way he did there was very reasonable w/ the way fire had been leaning town on shea and then kind of started sussing him after that became more of a Popular Thing again? so fire sussing shea for that feels ehh

i *really* don't like fire defending hem through d2 and then flipping on that and joining them after pressure from scamper. it does kind of feel like after hem started imploding fire was left in a tough spot and felt like they had to jump on the wagon to avoid being seen as heavily associated with hem. given how bad it was i also don't like how hem didn't give that much focus to it and just rule of 3'd in

ok sorry this is long enough i'll try and do more later !!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Ausuka »

honestly i kind of feel like fire is going to die and everyone agrees they need to die before endgame and i'm never not going to think they're scum so i'm wasting my time >.>
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Ausuka »

maybe i will look at dv later instead
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I think the way that fire is pushing me is quite clearly a performance and I'm happy with eliminating fire whenever.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:00 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i mean yeah i guess it probably is just fire

shrug
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8787 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I think that considering me as scum is honestly quite reasonable and I was surprised by the strength of the masonry's townread on me, but the way that fireisred approached frogster and now me appears more focused on how fire will look than on actually working out who the last scum is.

The compilation of quoted me-posts is more aligned with scum looking for material to post about and build a scumread out of than town working things out. The "a-ha! It's DV!" component feels conveniently timed because none of those thoughts from fire are really.... new thoughts. When I made the "unless people think I'm scum with Tweet" post, fire was the first to point out that I still could be, as if fire was saving the push on me for when the masonry was no longer around to shoot it down.
Recent things such as the caps post that concerned Ausuka and "get outta here ur dead" seem like fake attempts to appear 'loose' and casual because they are not at all consistent with how fire had been playing before. Obviously fire's joking, but I just don't believe based on earlier posts that fire would think to make those posts. It screams to me of trying something new, which is what fire as scum needs to do here in order to survive.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8788 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 8772, fireisredsir wrote:he does vote scum a decent amount but it doesn't feel like it's necessarily in an uninformed way to me

like he has gamma as his designated correct scumread alongside 2 or 3 other town, and mostly pushes the town except for when it feels like he needs to be on a building gamma wagon. then once tweet replaces in he kinda goes all in on the push, which i wouldn't be surprised if tweet said to bus her

he joins the hem wagon briefly when it seems inevitable but then hops back off p quickly

he does exactly the same to mena

he votes csf once she's outed, obviously

the votes aren't town pushing for the elimination of people that they think are scum. they're positional votes, all of them
also ignoring the fact that you could say this about most town players and their votes, just pretending that they're doing it as scum instead of as town

like it's presented as a reason to scumread me but... someone could just as easily be flitting between town and scum wagons as town?

For example:

"
he joins the hem wagon briefly when it seems inevitable but then hops back off p quickly
"

everyone hopped off the hem wagon. I won't claim credit for scumreading hem but this is just added material to make me sound bad that is not actually considering what my alignment is likely to be
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8789 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok yea as expected i wake up in the morning and no longer have that confidence
In post 8782, Ausuka wrote:i don't really like the calling out gamma for the obvious thing, voting gamma when relly does, and then just kinda using scamper's read to backtrack on it
like this for example, was something i found suspicious from deas, but apparently i did it too, so idk maybe thats not a good reason to suspect someone
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8790 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8787, DeasVail wrote:The compilation of quoted me-posts is more aligned with scum looking for material to post about and build a scumread out of than town working things out. The "a-ha! It's DV!" component feels conveniently timed because none of those thoughts from fire are really.... new thoughts. When I made the "unless people think I'm scum with Tweet" post, fire was the first to point out that I still could be, as if fire was saving the push on me for when the masonry was no longer around to shoot it down.
Recent things such as the caps post that concerned Ausuka and "get outta here ur dead" seem like fake attempts to appear 'loose' and casual because they are not at all consistent with how fire had been playing before. Obviously fire's joking, but I just don't believe based on earlier posts that fire would think to make those posts. It screams to me of trying something new, which is what fire as scum needs to do here in order to survive.
most are not new thoughts, they're just like compiling reasons that i hope people will read and then assess for themselves after im dead

i had actually forgotten about a lot of them though so

the reason i think it's you is that the reasons i had for townreading you just don't really do it for me anymore. i think the like vca type stuff is the only thing that looks good and i think when you look at your play as a whole it feels like you are aware of that and are consistently playing in a way that will look good from surface level vca type analysis
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8791 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8788, DeasVail wrote:
In post 8772, fireisredsir wrote:he does vote scum a decent amount but it doesn't feel like it's necessarily in an uninformed way to me

like he has gamma as his designated correct scumread alongside 2 or 3 other town, and mostly pushes the town except for when it feels like he needs to be on a building gamma wagon. then once tweet replaces in he kinda goes all in on the push, which i wouldn't be surprised if tweet said to bus her

he does exactly the same to mena

he votes csf once she's outed, obviously

the votes aren't town pushing for the elimination of people that they think are scum. they're positional votes, all of them
also ignoring the fact that you could say this about most town players and their votes, just pretending that they're doing it as scum instead of as town

like it's presented as a reason to scumread me but... someone could just as easily be flitting between town and scum wagons as town?

For example:

"
"

everyone hopped off the hem wagon. I won't claim credit for scumreading hem but this is just added material to make me sound bad that is not actually considering what my alignment is likely to be
no i actually don't think this is true at all, i think every other player currently alive has played around scum wagons in a way that looks much less informed

this is actually probably my most important point i just didn't make it very well maybe but GL and dann at least pls look for yourself at some point

your trajectories on flipped scum feel designed around being in the right place when you need to be, and not naturally evolving town thought
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8792 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 8791, fireisredsir wrote:but GL and dann at least pls look for yourself at some point
I feel so excluded
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8793 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

you're a lost cause
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8794 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 8792, Ausuka wrote:
In post 8791, fireisredsir wrote:but GL and dann at least pls look for yourself at some point
I feel so excluded
you already said you'd look at dv! they hadn't been here yet
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8795 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 8794, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 8792, Ausuka wrote:
I feel so excluded
you already said you'd look at dv! they hadn't been here yet
oh ok I thought I was catching you being survivalist but this actually makes sens rip
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8796 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

thank you for trying fire if you are town

...I think I still wanna kill you tho :(
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #8797 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

Spoiler: hem vote/unvote
In post 4400, DeasVail wrote:HEM, please claim
In post 4402, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: humaneatingmonkey
In post 4403, humaneatingmonkey wrote:did you just hammer
In post 4404, DeasVail wrote:i doubt it
In post 4405, DeasVail wrote:also i need to go

UNVOTE: humaneatingmonkey
In post 4406, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay

ill be back i really need to get off this site

if what i did was 2 anti-town 4 everyone then i guess that's my bad i just wanted to be part of this game

like dv framing this as equivalent to everyone else hopping off hem after he claimed is just shady af
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8798 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

why does he hop off there as scum?