he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9000 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Also, since people are going back to the early game again:
In post 883, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 880, skitter30 wrote:also heya relly :)
hi! I think you're town because people scumread your entrance to the game in the same way I've seen people scumread you as town like 12 times :lol:

I don't have any strong scumreads except, like.... datisi? I sure hope the silent slots are scum
Nero harped on this a lot the whole game, how Relly refers to something that just wasn't happening (people scumreading skitter's entrance), it's simply not grounded in facts. Was Nero right about this being scum-indicative after all?

am I talking myself around back into Shea here based off DV's posts today?!?! stay tuned
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9001 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Shrug, I think I'm pretty obviously town so I'm not going to fight too hard. There's a reason that I started as number one in the PoE and it kept flipping over to me.

I'm not really sure who I think is scum and honestly it feels like a coin flip to me anyway. I think any of the remaining player list could be scum given that I don't think any of them are from an objective reading them as scum standard.

I'm not sure how much effort I'm going to give her because I don't really feel confident on figuring out who it is and I also don't even really think limming me is that bad necessarily from a game state perspective because I'll probably be the easiest miselim at limlo anyway tomorrow.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #9002 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I will say dannflor being killed is probably because he was the person strongly town reading me the most and scum knows I need to be in the lim pool.

But that's wifom and he was widely town read anyway so not that strong a point.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9003 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't think anyone is obviously town anymore at this stage, whoever is last mafia remaining already survived two miselims and is playing a strong game (unless we're in the world where SK!Titus is coasting off of fortunate coincidences and faulty mech-spec by the town)

Ausuka's my strongest TR but that's primarily off of interactions with VPB on D1, and even that I am going to have to revisit and re-examine, so idk. if you have a reason why you think you're "obvious" town I'd like to hear it but it feels like not really a meaningful or genuine assertion here. I'm town but I can totally understand people finding reasons to be suspicious of me now that we're in 5p and the prior suspects flipped green
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9004 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Titus »

This feels very much like an elo game...which is why I didn't shoot.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9005 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Ausuka »

Titus is the assertion you're making that we have 6 mafia in a 20 player game?

I am sort of confused

Do you have any reads other than TSQ scum for eod
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9006 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 543, Irrelephant11 wrote:I feel the same, though I'm wishy washy on if it makes VPB scum or not
I changed my mind again

I feel like it's very unusual for mafia to describe themselves as wishy washy about their partner and being unapologetically so

It seems like a counterintuitive take for Relly to make and this reminds me why I thought he looked uninformed earlier
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9007 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 9005, Ausuka wrote:Titus is the assertion you're making that we have 6 mafia in a 20 player game?

I am sort of confused

Do you have any reads other than TSQ scum for eod
My reads are largely vca driven. 6 conftown (3 masons, 2 vigs +UB). 6 scum makes sense.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9008 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Titus »

I am stalling to see if play matches.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9009 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't feel like it does? 5 scum in this game is already an above average ratio, didn't we just play a game of this size with only 4 scum and a bunch of power roles?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9010 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean if people think there is 6 scum I am happy to do that

I am cautious of the idea because it strongly goes against all of my balance expectations.

I am also curious why you voted so early if you think this is an elo gamestate.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9011 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9010, Ausuka wrote:I mean if people think there is 6 scum I am happy to disucss that

I am cautious of the idea because it strongly goes against all of my balance expectations.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9012 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 9010, Ausuka wrote:I mean if people think there is 6 scum I am happy to do that

I voted so early to see if you'd jump (hence the early unvote).

My balance expectations are there should be as many scum as conftown. 6 conftown therefore 6 scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9013 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 9006, Ausuka wrote:
In post 543, Irrelephant11 wrote:I feel the same, though I'm wishy washy on if it makes VPB scum or not
I changed my mind again

I feel like it's very unusual for mafia to describe themselves as wishy washy about their partner and being unapologetically so

It seems like a counterintuitive take for Relly to make and this reminds me why I thought he looked uninformed earlier
I think this is a decent point but I wouldn't weight this significantly above the totality of the rest of evidence

not trying to sway you either way as I'm still unresolved on DV vs TSQ, this is a point in TSQ's favor, but I don't think it never comes from scum
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9014 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

GL am i crazy here

i cannot imagine this being even closed to balanced with 6 scum and the idea that we would have no way of knowing we are in elo, with 6 scum, in a game with vigs

it just does not seem like something that would pass ever to me. i would pass this with 4 scum before i passed it with 6
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9015 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah 6 scum seems like it would be way too much and I also don't think the game has
felt
like a 6 scum game with how hard it was to secure consensus on pivotal eliminations in the midgame

especially since the vigs (if there are two) are gated, yes each are confirmable but functionally they behave as a single vig in terms of kill power

however I also don't think scum!Titus comes up with this theory? like this kind of paranoid logic seems more likely to come from her as town here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9016 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the whole D3 slog of dueling Smart vs Menalque wagons seems like it'd be good to reread, I need to do that
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9017 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean i guess by balance of probabilities titus is just town anyways
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9018 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

lol I was rereading my and I forgot about this post:
In post 2766, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2726, Thestatusquo wrote:The dogpiling jokes aside I will give something_smart a chance to get involved in the game I suppose.

VOTE: Gamma

Gamma who are the scum and why
Marci

One of you/
obscure

humaneatingmonkey

And maybe someone else
wrt to obscure/TSQ this is potentially trying to set up a "one of [scum] or [scum] is scum" dynamic in her reads, to try to use a flip in either to clear the other one, giving her a trajectory to distance from each buddy simultaneously yet not needing to commit to eliminating both. I can't recall a reason to inherently think TSQ/obscure cannot be partnered at this stage in the game, it's not like they were pushing on each other especially notably or strongly, so it stands out as a particularly artificial thought, and I also don't see why Gamma would want to set up such a dynamic with a townie and a buddy

it's like... bad scum play, but I don't think Gamma is above bad scum play
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #9019 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 9003, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think anyone is obviously town anymore at this stage, whoever is last mafia remaining already survived two miselims and is playing a strong game (unless we're in the world where SK!Titus is coasting off of fortunate coincidences and faulty mech-spec by the town)

Ausuka's my strongest TR but that's primarily off of interactions with VPB on D1, and even that I am going to have to revisit and re-examine, so idk. if you have a reason why you think you're "obvious" town I'd like to hear it but it feels like not really a meaningful or genuine assertion here. I'm town but I can totally understand people finding reasons to be suspicious of me now that we're in 5p and the prior suspects flipped green
Was just me emoting in frustration because I prefer to die rather than live to this stage of the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #9020 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think six aligned scum would be absolutely wild in this setup.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9021 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

when scamper fakes a gunsmith guilty on Menalque and Menalque plays it off by reiterating the VT claim:
In post 5812, DeasVail wrote:scamper you ready for more votes on mena?
In post 5816, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5813, Menalque wrote:I am v confused
tbh me too. I thought it was a gambit, but I guess not!
does scum make these posts? again, I'm potentially vibe reading too hard, but these feel somewhat townie to me. idk when I'm scum I'm frequently too much of a coward to try to fake posts like these

that said, there is perhaps a universe where scum has a rolecop and got marci or Nero on N1 (explaining HEM's modified vig claim) and then scamper on N2, so they'd know he was bullshitting already.
if that had happened
, maybe scum!DV is confident enough to fake these posts. and it would explain why Menalque was able to bluff off the guilty so well imo. but they definitely strike me as more unlikely to come from scum who has no idea whether scamper has a Real Guilty
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9022 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5824, Thestatusquo wrote:I will say that the presence of a gunsmith means the clear on datisi is not as strong as it was without that information. When I mod gunsmith I try to put in scum roles that don't have a gun so its not a full clear. I have no idea if doing that is normal or not.

On the other hand the two vigs already act as false positives and the roll is already balanced from that perspective mech wise so maybe it is closer to a full clear than it would be in a game I run.

That being said, I am shocked to learn that another person I was perpetually scum reading and told was town repeatedly by other people is scum.

Shocked I say.
blah this feels pretty townie too though
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9023 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually idk I could see that coming from scum who doesn't know that scamper is bluffing

like if scum knew scamper's role -> DV posts look worse
if scum had no idea whether scamper was lying -> TSQ posts look worse
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9024 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5850, DeasVail wrote:some reaction tests are longer than others

is life just one long reaction test?
eee the joke in this one kinda gives me minor heebie-jeebies

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”