Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:38 am

Post by Dourgrim »

We were all posting at once... it happens.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:50 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I can vouch for justinl in this case...he is thinking of Mini 140, where Locus Cosecant claimed Doc...I believe I can say that legally, since it's a fact taken straight out of the thread...
Permanent V/LA.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

Time to lynch the claimed townie and move on.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:21 pm

Post by Maverick »

Talitha, why would we lynch Dourgrim after his claim? We have 11 players left, 1 nearly confirmed town (I believe Dour, seeing as I never found suspicious in the first place), so therefore the odds of us voting off the wrong person is less. If we lynch him there will be 10 people left, 9 after tomorrow (most likely) and we will have no known innocents. If we don't lynch him we will have more of a chance of lynching a scum today, or even another town, and tomorrow have 9 (again, most likely), but know one innocent. Like I said, I believe Dourgrim, though, I don't know how many of you do.

This sums it up, everything I have found suspicious in Talitha, and now her just wanting to lynch off Dourgrim, even after he's claimed. You might think it's suspicious of me to unvote talitha, and re-vote her now, but like I said, I unvoted her because it wasn't doing anything, and I had a feeling that Dourgrim was going to be lynched. Now I feel that all my past suspicions in Talitha have been more confirmed (although still not 100% sure, again just a gut feeling). Therefore, I
Vote:Talitha
again. At this point in the game, I'd rather lose Talitha being town than lose Dourgrim being town, because I am 90% sure that Dourgrim is town, and 0% sure that Talitha is town, and I'd rather have a nearly confirmed town tomorrow than someone we still have no clue about. And seeing as I have a feeling Talitha is scum, it would be great to lynch scum day one. The loss would be a lot less, in my opinion.

I don't know if you guys understood any of that, but basically it's saying that Dourgrim claimed town, and I believe him. Also that I still find Tally suspicious, hence voted for her. And that the odds of finding scum today/tomorrow would be better if we didn't vote Dourgrim.

*Maverick*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

Why would we lynch Dourgrim after his claim?
Because it's a good strategy for the town to lynch someone who claims townie on Day 1 (unless there is good evidence for their town-ness). The alternative is to go and bandwagon someone else to a claim, and expose our useful roles. Besides, I think he's scum.

And Mav, how can you be 90% sure that Dourgrim is town and 0% sure that I am town? C'mon. Both of those statements are ridiculous.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:10 pm

Post by Maverick »

Because, like I said, I believe Dourgrim. I can't say that I'm 100% sure that he is town, because I'm not, but I do really think that he is town, therefore 90% sure. And what do I have to know that you arn't scum? I have nothing telling me that arn't scum, and am suspicious in you, therefore I am more sure that you are scum than he is, but not sure on either of you.

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:25 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Good idea Maverick, lets continue to force everyone to role claim. That way we know who the cops and doctors are. Hey maybe some scum will be stupid and claim mafia too!

Or lets lynch someone else that doesnt look scummy. If we are lucky, we can lynch the cop! I mean, lynching the suspicious person who couldnt defend himself and finally makes a weak townie role claim clearly isnt the sensible thing to do according to Maverick. Even the possibility that he lies is also impossible. And on the remote chance that he isnt, he was just a townie and we finally have the day end.

But youre right Maverick, lets all loyally follow you and ignore everything that has happened so far.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:43 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Internet Stranger wrote:But youre right Maverick, lets all loyally follow you and ignore everything that has happened so far.
... which, ironically enough, is precisely what
you've
been asking for the entire game so far, IS.

The facts are this: whether you and the rest of the Town think I'm the best lynch choice or not today (and I'm not here to debate that any further, one way or the other),
you
have been absolutely and utterly worthless to the Town today, IS. You haven't added a damn thing to any discussions, haven't proposed any ideas, or even said much of anything at all without couching it in so much poorly-written sarcasm as to make it unintelligible. Instead you've chosen someone (supposedly at random, but at times I wonder) to lynch, done a lot of "blah-blah-blah, I'm
IS
, follow my lead, I know how to play this game best, blah-blah-blah" crap, and in general done what you usually do: nothing.

Now
do you understand, at least a little, why I've supposedly done such a "poor job of defending" myself? Because
there's nothing to defend against
, from either you or Talitha. At least Tally made an attempt at analyzing my posts and looking for clues... you haven't even bothered taking time out of your busy sarcasm-laden schedule to do that.

unvote: Talitha

vote: IS

FoS: Talitha
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Maverick »

I understand, now what your saying, IS, and Talitha. But I never said we should make more and more people role claim, all I ment is that I wanted to lynch someone who I thought was scummy, and I didn't think Dourgrim was scum. (If he is scum, I apologize to everyone). I am not going to put the final vote on Dourgrim, because I don't think he is scum, and I do think Tally is scum, therefore my vote is on her, unlike before, I took my vote off of her when I thought she was scum, because I didn't feel it was doing anything. I guess it would be okay if we lynched Dourgrim today, but I'm not going to be the one to put that final vote on him, because I think that we'd be losing a good player.

*Maverick*
tick
tick
Townie
tick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by tick »

Can we have a vote count please mod?

I think I am voting justinl who I still find suspicious, due to lack of reasons to not find him suspicious.

IS is starting to attract my suspicion, how can you possibly criticise maverick for going after who he finds more suspicious, and hoke about following him blindly etc, when you have just been saying all day Vote dourgrim, for no reason at all.

And I can sympathise with dourgrim for having to defend "you are guilty, what do you say to that?!"
"City, it is I, the Tick, your destined defender...show me where it hurts!"
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:12 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Vote Count

Dourgrim- 5 (Internet Stranger, Assasin, nonny, Talitha, KingEnigma)
Talitha- 2 (Mastermind of Sin, Maverick)
justinl- 1 (tick)
Internet Stranger- 1 (Dourgrim)

Not Voting: justinl, Mr. Flay

With 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
tick
tick
Townie
tick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:35 pm

Post by tick »

unvote justinl : vote Internet Stranger
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:38 pm

Post by justinl »

tick wrote: I think I am voting justinl who I still find suspicious, due to lack of reasons to not find him suspicious.
wtf is that supposed to mean? do you have reasons to find Assasin, nonny, KingEnigma, Mastermindof sin or maverick "not suspicious"
tick wrote:And I can sympathise with dourgrim for having to defend "you are guilty, what do you say to that?!"
I feel a contradiction of the previous quote..
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:07 pm

Im drowning in a sea of irony.

Now really, when exactly did I say "im the best, be my loyal zombies"? Hell, when did I say anything even remotely close to that? All I said over and over is, Dourgrim is scum, no one has a better idea, lets lynch him.

Especially now that you claim townie. Even if by some slim chance you werent scum, you arent all that useful to the rest of us anyways. Even if the people that are voting you (since im certainly not alone here) happen to be wrong, oh well, you were just fodder anyways. At least in my single solitary opinion, youre very likely to be scum. Especially when you consider your boorish behavior.

If the rest voting public looks at Dourgrim, sees scumminess and lynches him, then great! Hope we got one. Besides, Dourgrim, youre in desperation mode now, a clear cut sign of being scum.

Tick I can excuse, he is just misguided.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:16 pm

Im drowning in a sea of irony.

Now really, when exactly did I say "im the best, be my loyal zombies"? Hell, when did I say anything even remotely close to that? All I said over and over is, Dourgrim is scum, no one has a better idea, lets lynch him.

Especially now that you claim townie. Even if by some slim chance you werent scum, you arent all that useful to the rest of us anyways. Even if the people that are voting you (since im certainly not alone here) happen to be wrong, oh well, you were just fodder anyways. At least in my single solitary opinion, youre very likely to be scum. Especially when you consider your boorish behavior.

If the rest voting public looks at Dourgrim, sees scumminess and lynches him, then great! Hope we got one. Besides, Dourgrim, youre in desperation mode now, a clear cut sign of being scum.

Tick I can excuse, he is just misguided.
Show

tick
tick
Townie
tick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by tick »

hehe
dourgrim wrote:you have been absolutely and utterly worthless to the Town today, IS. You haven't added a damn thing to any discussions, haven't proposed any ideas, or even said much of anything at all without couching it in so much poorly-written sarcasm as to make it unintelligible
You're useless!
Internet Stranger wrote:Even if by some slim chance you werent scum, you arent all that useful to the rest of us anyways. Even if the people that are voting you (since im certainly not alone here) happen to be wrong, oh well, you were just fodder anyways. At least in my single solitary opinion, youre very likely to be scum. Especially when you consider your boorish behavior
No, You're Useless!
justinl wrote:wtf is that supposed to mean? do you have reasons to find Assasin, nonny, KingEnigma, Mastermindof sin or maverick "not suspicious
I mean, I found no reason to unvote you so I hadn't, until now.
Noone stood out more than you to my mind.
justinl wrote:I feel a contradiction of the previous quote..
Except I never came out and just said you are guilty. I have never said you are guilty, I have said I found your behaviour suspect. You're explanations, re. following IS's logic, were pissweak, so I continued to find you suspicious.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:27 pm

Post by justinl »

i guess that makes enough sense
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:42 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

This day makes my head hurt. So now IS is suspicious for pressing the bandwagon to completion (I have to say I'm less than thrilled by a roleclaim for somebody I've never heard of, as a Townie, but them's the breaks), when he wasn't suspicious when I mentioned it back on page 2? And justinl, tick, and maverick are just going around in circles like a bunch of drunken parrots.

Dourgrim, I don't see a way out of this for you without dying, and as you said, it'll give us a lot of information to go on for tomorrow. However with my own reservations still in place and enough people largely absent because of the holidays (I'm about to join them), I'm willing to wait until Sunday or Monday, in case a better solution comes along....
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:43 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

This day makes my head hurt. So now IS is suspicious for pressing the bandwagon to completion (I have to say I'm less than thrilled by a roleclaim for somebody I've never heard of, as a Townie, but them's the breaks), when he wasn't suspicious when I mentioned it back on page 2? And justinl, tick, and maverick are just going around in circles like a bunch of drunken parrots.

Dourgrim, I don't see a way out of this for you without dying, and as you said, it'll give us a lot of information to go on for tomorrow. However with my own reservations still in place and enough people largely absent because of the holidays (I'm about to join them), I'm willing to wait until Sunday or Monday, in case a better solution comes along....
Retired as of October 2014.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:59 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

No, I certainly understand the fact that sometimes Townies need to die in order to provide information for the Town... and I'm OK with that. I just wanted to vent my spleen and point clearly and repetitively to the two people who I believe have been misrepresenting themselves to the Town, and I have done so.

As a Townie, I theoretically am less useful to the Town than the other roles the Town might have... but as a player, I contend that I'm significantly
more
valuable than others, because at least I base my suspicions and arguments on logic and common sense (as opposed to arrogance and "see, I told you so" arguments). If nothing else, this will have been a valuable Day One because I will have helped bring a lot of people into the spotlight; it will be difficult for anyone to successfully lurk after what's gone on, don't you think?

And, for the record, I had never heard of Allan Holdsworth either until I got my role PM... I then googled him and read through his website. He's been around for a
long
time... *shrug*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:50 pm

I only say "I told you so" after I catch the scum, not before. Besides, me being arrogant? Thats just crazytalk. Like claiming to use common sense and logic when you have no information. That more scummy than anything.
Show

Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:47 am

Post by Dourgrim »

IS, remember one thing: just because I believe you're being a git in
this
game doesn't mean you're not still one of my favorite people to have in games with me in general. :)

Now stop being a git and go lynch some real scum, would you please?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:17 am

YES!.. youre right Dourgrim! Come brother, let us hoist our drinks up and make a blood pact to catch us some scum! Men! To the stables! For tonight we shall return triumphant! Women, put the kids to bed early tonight, for us men will consumate our hunt on our arrival tonight!

YYYEEEAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Unvote: Dourgrim

Death to scum!!

Vote: Dourgrim
Show

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:30 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

nothing to say, just pointing out that i'm still here and I still think Tally's scum, although maverick rose a bit on my list...
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”