Newbie 2104 | Wikipedia Articles | Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:47 am

Post by catboi »

In post 794, thewingfan wrote:
In post 793, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 791, Maestro wrote:I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
It's really not me. I'll contribute more soon, now that I have some time this weekend, but that post was pretty awful.
And with that I'm done. Mod can find someone new. I'm tired of this. Peace out folks.
I assume you're probably gone but I just want to say I'm sorry for coming across as demeaning toward you on Day 2, that wasn't really appropriate.

(However, my stuff today is purely because I think you're scum. Exactly none of it is personal.)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:47 am

Post by catboi »

I have some errands to run, I'll get to the rest of the posts later.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

Searching for a replacement for thewingfan.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Tapiocaphobe replaces thewingfan.
Last edited by Dannflor on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 781, thewingfan wrote:
In post 766, catboi wrote:Uhh...did you mean to type something there and forget to?

I replied twice and it said My message was successful. So I have no idea why it didn't go through...

YOu don't get to have it both ways. Either my therory about faust being left alive so they can be framed and thus hanged the next day is bupkus because according to oyu its never been done here (read unconventional at least for this site), or its not.

But what I will say is I'm about done replying to you. Its not worth the blood pressure meds.
fwiw none of this actually convinces me his slot was town, he's completely evading my actual point that his play was passive and sheeping and displayed none of the qualities he supposedly had

like I'm super sorry to the new replacement but posts like this scream salty scum to me
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by catboi »

I can see the idea behind WS/BBT being wildcard slots that would be difficult to sort between but I haven't seen good reason to think wingfan was town where the other two had at least
some
things going for them
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 789, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 130, Fennec wrote:
I only recognise Catboi, but as I haven't been on this site for long at all and half the players here are also new, that was kinda only expected to know 1-2 people.

Reads and bullshit like that
Everyone else not listed: Has done the equivalent of fuck all content, so reads = Basically impossible for them

Sterling - Possibly Town -
Doesn't give off scum vibes at all, just gives off
Town Dumbass
vibes. Still too early to call him specifically
Town
yet. (Your not a dumbass, but compared to everyone else, you'd be specifically the most clueless)

Kiri - Possibly Town -
Currently seems like a reasonable person. In general, voting my predecessor wasn't a shit move I'll give you that, but they didn't really send much besides that so still not giving me fully
Town
vibes. For now, I consider you as well, You can see the thing next to your name.

Maestro -
Can't read you currently,
but kinda confused on the whole,
Scum
pm thing. Faustiv, I don't agree nor disagree with your idea with this guy being
Town,
but would be nice to have a slightly bigger explanation of the
Supposed Townness
of that thing.

Catboi/Thynhith - I want to see more between these two. to me, this could be
TvT
but to me, it seems more likely that this is a
T
v
M
, but there needs to be more interaction to gauge this.

Oh and yes, I'm gonna continue to color shit as much as possible because why the fuck not
Everybody read this post, knowing what you now, and tell me this slot is town.

Couple of things to note; Read on Sterling is 'possible town' however they 'don't give off any scum vibes at all.' This doesn't gel, Fennec didn't want to call his buddy outright town because his play had been horrific to that point but he wanted to call him town enough that he a) didn't have to push him and b) could try and alleviate some pressure.

Additionally, there is the appeasement of Kkiri. I feel like Kkiri had their finger on the pulse of the game and I liked their early posting. is a beauty. isn't bad either. It's also relevant that the first two reads Fennec thought about explaining were these two.
I admit I don't like that post and didn't like it at the time before Fennec flipped. But if your worst point against fennec is "townread the flipped scum" then that applies to other players, and they can't all be scum. I still think a newb-scum townreading only their partner is more bold than I'd expect. And there's also this post to account for:
In post 220, Sterling the steampunk wrote:seeing how kkirgiri who played mafia on other sites before, and judging how she was able to get a read very early, I guess she's more used to playing by reads rather than power roles, I'm inclined to believe her feels. as well as Cat having suspicions and groups being able to make better guesses than individuals VOTE: Fennec

I still personally have stronger suspicions on maestro but the group is stronger than the induvial
Yes, scum can bus. But that doesn't look like a bus to me. It's so wormy and underhanded in trying to find excuses to vote Fennec, leaning on the reasoning from kiri and me rather than adding anything of his own. No one has given me good reason to think it could be a bus.

Additionally, is that literally all you have to add by now? Have you read any more of the game past the first 6 pages?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

I really didn't understand thewingfan's reason for leaving. I hope he follows the game, and maybe we'll see him again.

I'm still hard Town reading catboi, and I feel if Maestro's scum we're sunk.

@ catboi Because there's only one scum and I don't think you're it.

I'll be here for a few.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:23 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

Right now I don't know what more to add. I was leaning ceejay as an alternate if I got it wrong on faüstiv. I was convinced they (faustiv) were scum. Not just me.

Faüstiv did make me doubt (my Town read on catboi) a bit, and I really should go back and look it over. It seems fruitless because I think they're Town.

It's either BBT or the "new guy"!

Also welcome to the Town that everyone seems to want to leave.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

@ Maestro I can't defend either of my predecessors, just like BBT can't answer for ceejay. I think this might come down to you.

IF we mis-lim Today (any of us three), I think either you or catboi dies Tonight. If both of you do make it to lim-lo, I'll definitely be paying attention! lol

I gotta go. I have an early football game and a bit later a concert, tomorrow. Busy day. Machine Head for those interested. Yeah, I'm old school.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 807, Wayward Son wrote:I really didn't understand thewingfan's reason for leaving.
Laying in bed, not going to sleep. Note to self, ISO thewingfan tomorrow.

@ BBT Do you think you can be wrong and it's just the "new guy"?
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:07 am

Post by Wayward Son »

Well, I hope our former members of the Town can find happier places to live. Places where it's friendlier, in other games. Some are trying.

The bad thing, I really think everyone who hasn't replaced is Town.

EBWOP @ BBT Do you think you can be wrong and it's just the "new
girl
"?

I'm only voting for one of these slots Today.

This is good night, no matter what weird things happen outside. It's been a strange night.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Maestro »

Ok let’s get Wayward what are those posts
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:00 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 806, catboi wrote: I admit I don't like that post and didn't like it at the time before Fennec flipped. But if your worst point against fennec is "townread the flipped scum" then that applies to other players, and they can't all be scum. I still think a newb-scum townreading only their partner is more bold than I'd expect.
I explained what my point was and it definitely wasn't just that? It's not the town read on flipped scum that's the problem, it's the wording of it. It's also the fact that it's the very first read he chooses to focus on which indicates it was potentially an important read for him, perhaps even subconsciously. I obviously can't ask Fennec this now, but how did he differentiate between town dumbass and scum dumbass? It doesn't make sense and the first part of the read is worded quite strongly for a read he didn't seem ready to commit to.

Spoiler: Sterling post
In post 220, Sterling the steampunk wrote:seeing how kkirgiri who played mafia on other sites before, and judging how she was able to get a read very early, I guess she's more used to playing by reads rather than power roles, I'm inclined to believe her feels. as well as Cat having suspicions and groups being able to make better guesses than individuals VOTE: Fennec

I still personally have stronger suspicions on maestro but the group is stronger than the induvial
In post 806, catboi wrote:Yes, scum can bus. But that doesn't look like a bus to me. It's so wormy and underhanded in trying to find excuses to vote Fennec, leaning on the reasoning from kiri and me rather than adding anything of his own. No one has given me good reason to think it could be a bus.
I would probably agree with this if Sterling hadn't tagged onto the end that he personally still thinks Maestro is scummier. For all we know, had Fennec come under real pressure then Sterling could have pivoted to Maestro using this reasoning.

I haven't read much more yet either, had a ridiculously busy weekend so far, apologies.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

hello everyone i'll get to reading today
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Maestro »

Fantastic please do! :roll: (not trying to be rude just making sure I am not prodded harumph)
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 815, Maestro wrote:Fantastic please do! :roll: (not trying to be rude just making sure I am not prodded harumph)
i'm almost caught up if you want to talk about anything
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

alright hello everyone i'm caught up

i think i wanna iso some people but just having read through the thread right now it's definitely between catboi/bbt/ws but i'm not super sure who

the way catboi has handled day 2 and 3 are just so scummy to me but there's a couple things bugging me:
1. i agree with kiri on 688 that scum!catboi coaches sterling. i just don't really see an explanation otherwise; catboi was active, sterling should've known about the PT and I have to imagine they looked so unless they just ignored catboi i'm like having a hard time convincing myself that catboi is scum there. also catboi seems to have been an influence on starting the sterling BW
2. catboi hard pushed my slot today, so i'm not sure what scum!catboi's wincon is on day 4 when I flip town, i feel like catboi just gets voted there

130 is such a bad post that i'm honestly a bit surprised faust got voted instead of fennec's slot D2, but i think generally WS has been pretty pro-town; i'll take another look at this
CJ was slightly scummy I think, BBT's slot I mostly just suspect off POE

maestro is definitely just town at this point

wrt mass claim I don't really see a reason why we shouldn't do it, scum should already know the exact setup and if there's a PR it should theoretically force mafia NK on them; i assume if there was a PR/townie with good info they'd have claimed by now

i think in the process of making this post i've talked myself out of catboi being scum so UNVOTE:
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 817, Tapiocaphobe wrote:the way catboi has handled day 2 and 3 are just so scummy to me
to be specific here's what I latched on to:
1. faust argues catboi is scum in 543
2. faust and catboi go back and forth over day 2
3. faust is limmed and flips town, kiri is NKed
4. day 3 starts, catboi mentions they reread and they lay out their thoughts, coming to the conclusion that my slot is the likeliest scum

the main issue I have with this is that it feels to me like catboi comes in at the start of day 3 trying to control the conversation, which is exactly what they need to do at this point in order to win as scum
i think after 543 scum!catboi has to push faust, as catboi somewhat mentions in 745 it generally looks somewhat scummy to defend town with bad reasoning and imo it looks even worse in this case when there are multiple obvious townies pushing for faust's lim

while 718 may be true I think it regardless is a good excuse for scum!catboi to change their reads from d2 and hard push a slot today
the next few posts are the important ones, kiri had imo been controlling a lot of the conversation in d2 and with her gone, catboi is able to come in and focus the topic of today on my slot rather than necessarily on what happened yesterday, which I think is beneficial to scum!catboi; suspicion, i think, naturally falls on catboi for their conduct in d2 and by making these posts so quickly after d3 scum!catboi is able to get ahead of some of that

again i still have some major qualms about reading catboi's slot as scum but this is my thought process, which is why i'm currently conflicted on the slot
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

finally this doesn't really have any relation to anything but I really wish kiri had talked more about her 'faust flips town' reads lol
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

wait i thought about it mass claiming is bad actually
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

okay I ISO'd WS, there's a lot of fluff but the last dozen-ish posts imo denote town thinking and there's a passivity in his tone over the past couple of days that is probably null but I would expect to see more from town in this gamestate
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

final post for now, quickly ISO'd BBT and i don't really know what to add, pointing out 130 is alright but there's just... so little
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 807, Wayward Son wrote:I really didn't understand thewingfan's reason for leaving. I hope he follows the game, and maybe we'll see him again.

I'm still hard Town reading catboi, and I feel if Maestro's scum we're sunk.

@ catboi Because there's only one scum and I don't think you're it.

I'll be here for a few.
sigh

I was hoping for more elaboration than that but but it feels like I'm not going to get it. I meant - why did you think I might be scum when faustiv is posting about me, but not now? He's dead and flipped town and now you're not considering what he said?

(I don't think wingfan is coming back, I think I came across a bit too rude to him personally)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 813, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I explained what my point was and it definitely wasn't just that? It's not the town read on flipped scum that's the problem, it's the wording of it. It's also the fact that it's the very first read he chooses to focus on which indicates it was potentially an important read for him, perhaps even subconsciously. I obviously can't ask Fennec this now, but how did he differentiate between town dumbass and scum dumbass? It doesn't make sense and the first part of the read is worded quite strongly for a read he didn't seem ready to commit to.
I'm oversimplifying but I'm not really sure this stuff is that compelling to me? Like, scum finding it more important to give a read on their partner first isn't really a thing in my observation, and it feels significantly more likely that he felt giving a read on sterling was important when sterling had been the main object of focus? the point about the wording is fair enough I suppose, I disliked the wording of that whole list, but I dunno, it's one post. I don't think it's a smoking gun is what I'm trying to say.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”