Newbie 694 (over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elennaro
Elennaro
Townie
Elennaro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Elennaro »

Hi guys. I've had a lot of uni work this week, and am really very tired, that's why i haven't done my analysis yet, that'll be something for next week. For now I'd just like to explain myself to CarnCarn.
CarnCarn wrote:
Elennaro wrote:And anyway, the only town power role who should really try to remain hidden is the doctor, and he could play active townie just as well, it should be really easy for him, because he has no knowledge the town does not have
This is really a strange thing to say. What do you mean by "hidden"? Your suggesting this is in itself suspicious since it sounds like you are trying to influence the doctor's playstyle.
FoS: Elennaro
What I was saying is that the doctor should normally try not to make himself known (save if he's going to be lynched). He doesn't have any useful information to give the town as he does not know more than a vanilla townie, and claiming is going to get him killed, which screws things up for the town. The doctor should try to look like a townie, which should be easy for him as he doesn't have knowledge townies don't. What I was basically saying is that lurking should not be an acceptable strategy. It is anti-town behaviour, as you are passing up on a chance to create debate, and thus information. That's why I suspected RealityFan. However, my opinion on this has changed. Lurking IMHO is scummy behaviour, but flaking is not. I even view it as a (very minor) town-tell, as I think townies are more likely to get bored with the game.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:I don't think anti-town = scummy; the player could just be confused, or could be a victim of unintended consequences.

But if someone continues to exhibit anti-town behavior, even after repeated warnings, then I think the behavior becomes scummy.

I'd still like to hear your thoughts on some of the questions I've asked you, Clockwork, especially your reasons for voting militant and unvoting hambargaz, although this isn't all. Although militant is back down to L-3 now I think, and infamous is now at L-2, I'd still like to hear people's thoughts on the 4 reasons to suspect militant that I outlined earlier.
Working on it, I've been a little side-tracked by other games recently. Expect an answer later tonight.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

_over9000 replaces militant. Thanks!
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by _over9000 »

/confirm

still have to read through, I'll get to it tomorrow.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Prodding CarnCarn and urielzyx.

Don't like the activity level. If it keeps up, I'll have to institute a deadline.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

OK, I'm going to
Unvote:Elennaro
after his response. I just didn't want anyone, especially a possible doc, to misinterpret his previous comments.

Right now, I have to say I'm a bit lost about who is scum. I want to see _over9000 (replacment for militant) make some responses to outstanding questions.

Will try to post more thoughts in this game tomorrow or Tuesday; schoolwork is getting more intense towards end of the term.
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by urielzyx »

Picking up the prod, I am sorry if it looks like I'm inactive, it's just that I log in only at very different hours then most of you so there is nothing worth noting that I can see and that no one had said yet, I just see it as pointless to repeat someone else, and that is why I did not write anything, every time I do notice something that no one else seems to have noticed I post, also, I post every time I am asked a question that needs answering, if anyone can specify another situation where I should probably post, I will gladly do so...
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Elennaro wrote:Lurking IMHO is scummy behaviour, but flaking is not. I even view it as a (very minor) town-tell, as I think townies are more likely to get bored with the game.
I don't think flaking is an indicator one way or the other. In my last game, a scum player was replaced twice.

It's unfortunate _over9000 has replaced with some explaining to do. To me he is the most suspicious so my vote remains.

_over9000, do you have anything to say in your defence? What are your thoughts on GIEFF's protective behaviour of you? What are your thoughts on infamousace2's deliberate lack of contribution?
Elennaro
Elennaro
Townie
Elennaro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Elennaro »

hambargarz wrote:
Elennaro wrote:Lurking IMHO is scummy behaviour, but flaking is not. I even view it as a (very minor) town-tell, as I think townies are more likely to get bored with the game.
I don't think flaking is an indicator one way or the other. In my last game, a scum player was replaced twice.
I do see it as a very, very minor tell. Something that will not put you on my priorities list, but won't take you off it either.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by GIEFF »

hambargarz wrote:

It's unfortunate _over9000 has replaced with some explaining to do. To me he is the most suspicious so my vote remains.

_over9000, do you have anything to say in your defence? What are your thoughts on GIEFF's protective behaviour of you? What are your thoughts on infamousace2's deliberate lack of contribution?
This is a leading question. I have not protected anyone; I have simply questioned logic with which I do not agree.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:57 am

Post by _over9000 »

hambargarz wrote:

In my defense: all I can say is that as far as I can see, all of mine/militant's suspicion comes from withdrawing his vote, which he was being pressured into doing anyway.

As far as GIEFF's defending of me, I don't see what iis wrong with it. As he stated, he wasn't defending me as much as attacking ad logic, which I agree with.

Finally, for my own suspicions: CR looks extremely scummy to me. From what I have seen, he has posted little discussion relevant to this game and has simply filled his posts with hypotheticals (such as his self vote) to spark discussion. No one person has stood out to me as his scumpartner, though inf and uri are up high on my list.

But for now,
FOS: ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:00 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

_over9000 wrote:
hambargarz wrote:

In my defense: all I can say is that as far as I can see, all of mine/militant's suspicion comes from withdrawing his vote, which he was being pressured into doing anyway.

As far as GIEFF's defending of me, I don't see what iis wrong with it. As he stated, he wasn't defending me as much as attacking ad logic, which I agree with.

Finally, for my own suspicions: CR looks extremely scummy to me. From what I have seen, he has posted little discussion relevant to this game and has simply filled his posts with hypotheticals (such as his self vote) to spark discussion. No one person has stood out to me as his scumpartner, though inf and uri are up high on my list.

But for now,
FOS: ClockworkRuse
I've been trying to get a few points across about those, but it seems like everyone here has played at least one game. Maybe I should focus on trying to teach as much as I should playing that game? :D

If I'm so scummy, why haven't you voted me?
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:49 am

Post by _over9000 »

ClockworkRuse wrote: If I'm so scummy, why haven't you voted me?
Because I didn't want to jump straight in with a vote.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oooh, I take that as a scumtell.

Why did you not want to "jump straight in with a vote"?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

_over9000 wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote: If I'm so scummy, why haven't you voted me?
Because I didn't want to jump straight in with a vote.
Why? The only reason I can see behind this is that you don't want to look overly aggressive, which is a scum tell as Xtoxm pointed out.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by _over9000 »

But I still had one page to read and didn't know how many votes you had on you. Now that i've read all the way through, however, I see that you aren't near a lynch and am ready to
vote: ClockworkRuse
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

VOTE COUNT:

infamousace2(3): urielzyx, GIEFF, Xtoxm
_over9000(2): hambargarz, ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse(1): _over9000

Not Voting: infamousace2, _over9000, Elennaro, CarnCarn

9 alive, 5 to lynch
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

_over9000 wrote:But I still had one page to read and didn't know how many votes you had on you. Now that i've read all the way through, however, I see that you aren't near a lynch and am ready to
vote: ClockworkRuse
So you didn't check the vote count and you posted before you had finished reading?
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by _over9000 »

ClockworkRuse wrote: So you didn't check the vote count and you posted before you had finished reading?
_over9000 wrote:Finally, for my own suspicions: CR looks extremely scummy to me.
From what I have seen
, he has posted little discussion relevant to this game and has simply filled his posts with hypotheticals (such as his self vote) to spark discussion. No one person has stood out to me as his scumpartner, though inf and uri are up high on my list.

But for now
, FOS: ClockworkRuse
Yes.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

_over9000 wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote: So you didn't check the vote count and you posted before you had finished reading?
_over9000 wrote:Finally, for my own suspicions: CR looks extremely scummy to me.
From what I have seen
, he has posted little discussion relevant to this game and has simply filled his posts with hypotheticals (such as his self vote) to spark discussion. No one person has stood out to me as his scumpartner, though inf and uri are up high on my list.

But for now
, FOS: ClockworkRuse
Yes.
Ah, I get it. Because you said 'from what I've seen' we're supposed to understand that you haven't finished reading yet. That's so concise, I can't believe I didn't get it the first time through.

/end sarcasm

I don't like the cop out.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by _over9000 »

Either way, how is that a scumtell? As I stated, I've read through it all now and I still stand by the decision.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

_over9000 wrote:Either way, how is that a scumtell? As I stated, I've read through it all now and I still stand by the decision.
How was your non-willingness to vote a scum tell? Your appeasement through your vote? Your poor defense of not voting?

Which one were you talking about?
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by urielzyx »

_over9000 wrote:No one person has stood out to me as his scumpartner, though inf and uri are up high on my list.

I would like to know why me please...
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by hambargarz »

_over9000 did not vote ClockworkRuse citing a reason for not wanting to jump in with it. ie. Worried about how his vote would look. If he would come off too aggressive etc.

_over9000 changes his mind after his actions were disliked

_over9000 voted, on the grounds that ClockworkRuse was not near lynch. ie. over9000 did not want to significantly change things or pressure ClockworkRuse with his vote. This makes the vote reasoning wishy washy in nature.

+1 FOS: _over9000
Elennaro
Elennaro
Townie
Elennaro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Elennaro »

hambargarz wrote:_over9000 did not vote ClockworkRuse citing a reason for not wanting to jump in with it. ie. Worried about how his vote would look. If he would come off too aggressive etc.

_over9000 changes his mind after his actions were disliked

_over9000 voted, on the grounds that ClockworkRuse was not near lynch. ie. over9000 did not want to significantly change things or pressure ClockworkRuse with his vote. This makes the vote reasoning wishy washy in nature.

+1 FOS: _over9000
I disagree. Being near a lynch is a good reason to hold on to your vote for a while. Hasty lynches are bad. However, I'm not really convinced that that was his real reason. My FoS remains.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”