He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1897, Coral wrote:
In post 1895, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1894, Coral wrote:To be clear, I have it mechanically confirmed that one of the slots (absinthe) is scum. That makes my perspective on this different and narrower than most others.
Okay so you’re halfway there.

Then if you think it’s an absinthe scum skitter town world. Then the swap is alignment indicative. Meaning scum had to balance the games right?
See and .
Why do you answer a yes or no with a wordy explanation?

Scum would have to balance the games right?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Coral »

Scum have to make the games 1-1-1, yes.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Isis »

You can't determine whether the gate-keep swap was t-t or s-t until after you resolve both minigames.

This makes me want to say "play normally instead" but individual minigames don't have informed minorities.

The whole game has informed minorities though, so whether people are egging eachother on into lims or mislims is readable.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1901, Coral wrote:Scum have to make the games 1-1-1, yes.
They would do this based upon the information in game yeah?

Then why ignore what seems to be fundamental?

It doesn’t jive.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Isis »

If absinthe flips mafia it could mean that she had to be added to gate so that gate would have a mafia.
However it could also mean that gate and keep started with one mafia and absinthe was swapped with a scum!skitter for fun.
There's no information there.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1904, Isis wrote:If absinthe flips mafia it could mean that she had to be added to gate so that gate would have a mafia.
However it could also mean that gate and keep started with one mafia and absinthe was swapped with a scum!skitter for fun.
There's no information there.
There is though.

Knowing one of absinthe or coral is mafia drastically reduces the amount of worlds.

It means we know either a relatively active player was in there (Coral)
Or a relatively inactive one (absinthe).

If you want to argue scum made a decision independent of game events that strongly points towards absinthe scum over Coral.

Is it guaranteed? No. But it’s a good indicator. Then look and see if that indicator matches. If not then scum!Coral faking an absinthe becomes likely but not without evidence.

Town goes for probable. Scum goes for possible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1903, MathBlade wrote:

It doesn’t jive.
They would do this based on what would help them most as a team given the constraints of the game, yes. I went over what I think the possible situations are and what the scumteam's possible motivations would be. I'm not ignoring the swap, it is a very important factor in the game. It feels to me like I'm saying "there's nuance here and it's difficult to have a decisive answer, but it's worth considering the possibilities" and you're responding with "you're ignoring it".
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

If you can figure out the why you can figure out the who is how I like to play.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

We don't know the motivations for why scum made this swap
Using this as a pillar to solve anuthing else seems foolhardy to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Coral »

Also, absinthe was similarly active to me on day 1. I've been significantly more active on day 2. So I don't think that was a factor on the swap.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1906, Coral wrote:
In post 1903, MathBlade wrote:

It doesn’t jive.
They would do this based on what would help them most as a team given the constraints of the game, yes. I went over what I think the possible situations are and what the scumteam's possible motivations would be. I'm not ignoring the swap, it is a very important factor in the game. It feels to me like I'm saying "there's nuance here and it's difficult to have a decisive answer, but it's worth considering the possibilities" and you're responding with "you're ignoring it".
Everything in every game has nuance.

You’re doing what you accused me of before. I listed possibilities from my perspective to help me catch up.

Here you just listed possibilities.

How is that not ignoring and not taking a stance?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1907, MathBlade wrote:If you can figure out the why you can figure out the who is how I like to play.
And I've said that you're welcome to try.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

And that’s what I am doing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Coral »

I never accused you of listing possibilities, I said you skipped and discounted possibilities based on little support.

I have taken a stance. I said which one I thought was more likely and why.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am going to step away before I get really frustrated here but both Coral and to a lesser extent Skitter feel like they are doing word vomit for the sake of it. I don’t think they’re both scum which is puzzling though
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Coral »

If me trying to work with you and talk things through with you is frustrating for you I am happy to stop trying to do so.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

Well i now think it's math-scum so
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Tempest »

I’m bummed about the replace outs :(

I wanted to ask prism why they seemed that it would be likely for me to be ic’d. There were a few times that prism said something along the lines of it being nice to have a Tammy-clear and iirc it was brought up when there was a decent amount of suspicion on me. Might be nothing, but I remember thinking it was unlikely and it was something I’d made a note about to ask.

I skimmed through yesterday here and there but mostly just to keep somewhat current. I need to work on a reread and actually read everything from yesterday. Probably won’t get that all done tonight. I have some things to finish up with today before I have some free time to get back involved.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1917, Tempest wrote:I’m bummed about the replace outs :(

I wanted to ask prism why they seemed that it would be likely for me to be ic’d. There were a few times that prism said something along the lines of it being nice to have a Tammy-clear and iirc it was brought up when there was a decent amount of suspicion on me. Might be nothing, but I remember thinking it was unlikely and it was something I’d made a note about to ask.

I skimmed through yesterday here and there but mostly just to keep somewhat current. I need to work on a reread and actually read everything from yesterday. Probably won’t get that all done tonight. I have some things to finish up with today before I have some free time to get back involved.
Oh you’re Tammy? I thought Coral sounded like Tammy.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Tempest »

But hi mathblade and herta!

Also mathblade I’m not unknown for the most part, I’m Tammy.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Tempest »

Maybe that’s why I like coral :p
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Clearly. /sarcasm

Just their strategic opening read so much like you in prior games and I haven’t gotten to where you are yet lol.

So we have a Tammy and a non Tammy Tammy which is weird.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Chara »

hello replacements. i'm trying to figure out what i want to do, with demona gone too i should be focusing on Isis, but i am still feeling pretty low about it all. absinthe is also a point of interest but is V/LA.

i think i'll give it another day, sorry.
skitter do you think Math scum because of Math's posting or because of your earlier read on Prism?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I had some niggling doubts abt prism, but not to the point where i would have been willing to act on them

I'm am honestly doubting if math is acting in good faith here and i'm questioning the read a lot
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Coral »

I feel like Math is very likely to be town. I think he has a certain energy where he feels like everyone is against him and I think that is much more likely to come from him as town replacing in. I don't think he gets much out of being abrasive as scum here, and I think he's probably capable of taking a different approach if he thought that would benefit him more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”