Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 524, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 517, the worst wrote:
In post 343, Cephrir wrote:Not especially, the part that puzzles me is that you'd be down to challenge nullreads right now
STD is playing this phase in a way that makes me think whatever alignment he is is more likely than random to win this game
How is that relevant
+1

Duckling, who do you think is scum?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:14 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

that was a really underwhelming set of posts from the worst
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 516, the worst wrote:
In post 343, Cephrir wrote:Not especially, the part that puzzles me is that you'd be down to challenge nullreads right now
why
Is this hard to figure out?? I would expect you to be looking for a scumread if you want to throw down challenges on page whatever page you originally said that on, and if you didn't have any, to wait.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:58 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

First and foremost I don’t really like how TW hasn’t made efforts to engage in our PT. I know I wan’t active but it feels like TW isn’t interested in sorting my alignment because they made no effort for this since I last posted in there.

Rest of my thoughts are as I catch up. I’ll post a few pages at a time as I read.

Post 173: This post makes me feel like Nancy doesn’t really understand the situation or mechanics of the game and I don’t think Scum!nancy stands to gain much from faking this. A part of me thinks Scum!Nancy would get help from partners for understanding the setup.

Post 182: No it did not. I’ll probably drop that weirdness as it feels like genuine confusion which is probably slightly plus town for nancy and I don’t think more can be attributed to it at this point.

Post 187 Seems to be Furtive playing dumb and trying to OMGUS. +Scum

I like 196 from Flea, I feel like it makes sense but it’s mostly mechanical.

Post 202. This feels like Scum!Furtive. Actively sorting only scum reads isn’t critically evaluating the game. That’s trying to get a miselim through. If you are reading and focusing on the game you should be looking for towny and scummy things, you don’t just actively search one or the other. Like there’s not going to be more information on something just because you ignore other things. Doesn’t make sense.

Post 213 is interesting. I think Aisa/Furtive being both scums made some sense with furtive’s weirdness on the slot, but this post really blatantly seems to say why would furtive be weird
specifically with my slot.
The natural answer I feel is saying they are partners but I don’t think scum!Aisa is this blatant about it

252 Drives an interesting point by Cephir that I think leads more into the partnership of Furtive/Aisa. Due to the high density of scum I think these kind of associatives will be many between partners so I’m partial for it. I’m surprised nobody has suggested a furtive/aisa team to this point but I suppose I haven’t had any scummy points with Aisa on her own.

253 Makes me think Flea is town. Good analysis and I’m interested in seeing if they’ve got more reads.

271 +Town for Gamma. Fairly depth read but I don’t feel too strongly about the logic myself.

Will be back later for more,

Note to self: Start next on Page 12.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 528, MegAzumarill wrote:First and foremost I don’t really like how TW hasn’t made efforts to engage in our PT. I know I wan’t active but it feels like TW isn’t interested in sorting my alignment because they made no effort for this since I last posted in there.

Rest of my thoughts are as I catch up. I’ll post a few pages at a time as I read.

Post 173: This post makes me feel like Nancy doesn’t really understand the situation or mechanics of the game and I don’t think Scum!nancy stands to gain much from faking this. A part of me thinks Scum!Nancy would get help from partners for understanding the setup.

Post 182: No it did not. I’ll probably drop that weirdness as it feels like genuine confusion which is probably slightly plus town for nancy and I don’t think more can be attributed to it at this point.

Post 202. This feels like Scum!Furtive. Actively sorting only scum reads isn’t critically evaluating the game. That’s trying to get a miselim through. If you are reading and focusing on the game you should be looking for towny and scummy things, you don’t just actively search one or the other. Like there’s not going to be more information on something just because you ignore other things. Doesn’t make sense.

Post 213 is interesting. I think Aisa/Furtive being both scums made some sense with furtive’s weirdness on the slot, but this post really blatantly seems to say why would furtive be weird
The natural answer I feel is saying they are partners but I don’t think scum!Aisa is this blatant about it

252 Drives an interesting point by Cephir that I think leads more into the partnership of Furtive/Aisa. Due to the high density of scum I think these kind of associatives will be many between partners so I’m partial for it. I’m surprised nobody has suggested a furtive/aisa team to this point but I suppose I haven’t had any scummy points with Aisa on her own.

253 Makes me think Flea is town. Good analysis and I’m interested in seeing if they’ve got more reads.

271 +Town for Gamma. Fairly depth read but I don’t feel too strongly about the logic myself.

I don't think you've ever played with scum furtive. Besides, you're clearly taking 'valuing scumreads more than townreads' as 'only valuing scumreads' - misrep.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 528, MegAzumarill wrote:First and foremost I don’t really like how TW hasn’t made efforts to engage in our PT. I know I wan’t active but it feels like TW isn’t interested in sorting my alignment because they made no effort for this since I last posted in there.

But as Pharaoh's sorcerers were able to replicate this trick too, at least in part, Pharaoh remained unmoved.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 327, mastina wrote:
In post 263, mastina wrote:
In post 225, the worst wrote:
Spoiler: std only nobody else open
megazu is like, scum, right
Worstie are you okay with us dueling you+Meg?

I don't think you're scum with Meg but think Meg is scum.
worstie I need a response bestie.
Are you or Yume going to do this? If not, is there anything you're waiting for?

I may be able to post more later
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

>:/
why do you care about that?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:53 am

In post 530, Cephrir wrote:But as Pharaoh's sorcerers were able to replicate this trick too, at least in part, Pharaoh remained unmoved.
No that's yu gi oh not legends of the hidden temple

Different made up ancient civilization
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 533, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 530, Cephrir wrote:But as Pharaoh's sorcerers were able to replicate this trick too, at least in part, Pharaoh remained unmoved.

Why you even post this
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

because it's hilarious, presumably
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 am

Are you the fun police now
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 533, Save The Dragons wrote:

Pretty sure that actually comes from scripture? At the very least it reminds of a scene from Prince of Egypt.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Tough crowd
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

live video feed of the olmecs malding as they realize the crowd buys that they are made up

Bartleby the Scrivener
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

There are
no challenges
active today.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

If mastina's team doesn't challenge Meg's team, then I will
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

(Aisa is on board)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 532, Gamma Emerald wrote:>:/
why do you care about that?
In short, I think Meg is scummy, I've seen enough and would like to see the game moved into the next stage, a challenge.

In long:
In post 411, furtiveglance wrote:Voting does nothing. If no one challenges Meg's team with the worst, then I will, just so we can vote Meg out.
Yesterday, furtive said he wanted to challenge Meg, so I turned to the PT to discuss this with him.

I scumlean Meg as much as anyone else, but she hasn't posted much. I sort of debated with myself for a bit yesterday whether it was time for a challenge or whether we should wait for more content from certain slots, including Meg. I didn't come to a super definite conclusion but was kinda like "I accept it if you want to challenge Meg" in the PT.

furtive was like "uh ok so can I challenge the Snakes or not? :igmeou:"

I thought about it some more, saw Meg's post today and I am pretty ready to see a challenge on the snakes. But I don't want to voluntarily walk into a challenge unprompted - I thought I should at least try to get a different team to challenge the Snakes.

I obviously don't know how to be sneaky sneakk about getting another team to challenge the Snakes since you picked this up immediately.
In post 425, Flea The Magician wrote: You're always welcome to ask where I stand on someone. For now, furtive is in no danger from me.
Thanks for this by the way :3
In post 427, Flea The Magician wrote:In fact I stated as much in the post you said, there as no interesting in seeing either of you eliminated.
Yeah I understand this is your position now, I was discussing a confusion that took place before that post (253?)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 541, furtiveglance wrote:If mastina's team doesn't challenge Meg's team, then I will
See my friend this is the issue, you can't just
offer
to challenge the Snakes in the public thread, if you do then obviously everyone will want to take you up on the offer :P
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 544, Aisa wrote:
In post 541, furtiveglance wrote:If mastina's team doesn't challenge Meg's team, then I will
See my friend this is the issue, you can't just
offer
to challenge the Snakes in the public thread, if you do then obviously everyone will want to take you up on the offer :P
If I give mastina the chance first, then if she refuses people will see that and it's information
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

You have a point
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay yeah that whole thing tracks ig
<Embrace The Void>

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 529, furtiveglance wrote:

I don't think you've ever played with scum furtive. Besides, you're clearly taking 'valuing scumreads more than townreads' as 'only valuing scumreads' - misrep.
This is fairly clearly what you are implying with that post and were doing in the thread. You were not focusing on reading your partner because they weren't immediately a scumread.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Realistically I'm fine with the Snakes being challenged here but I would enjoy the ability to catch up and collect my thoughts.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”