Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So why don't you want me to try to work through pookys alignment?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1471, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1468, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm not saying its a tell I'm saying its an example of another argument that I don't think reads as genuine. Like, maybe you expect to be yeeted today, but knowing you and knowing your faith in your abilities, I kind of doubt it.

I already agree with you on most of your reads though so I dont know why you're grandstanding with me other to not get voted so it feels like you're simultaneously saying "yeet me and sheep me" and also trying very hard to get me not to vote you.
I'm just having fun dude

I assumed you wanted a conversation with me when you said what you said

if you didnt want one then I can stop talking at any time
Literally what?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1472, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1469, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1462, Thestatusquo wrote:Thats disingenuous, pooky. The structure of this game is different from most games in that in most games you CAN technically eliminate anyone, but some people are more limmable than others. Are you really making the claim that you've never done a shit push on someone who had no chance of being eliminated that day because of game state reasons for the purposes of muddying the thread and distracting from other discussions?

I call bullshit on that. I do it all the time as scum.

I'm telling you this play is literally too stupid for me to do as scum

you can think its a good scum play all you want.
God this is so tilting, I am completely sure you've made a push on someone who was unlikely to get limmed because it confused the thread and didn't go anywhere before.

Are you really claiming that the only reason mafia makes pushes is to directly lead to lims?
I make pushes on people who are likely to townread me for pushing them

like maybe morning tweet or uh maybe skitter or maybe some other people who would get confused by a shit push

Shirou and his little band of sycophants who protect him will probly all jump on me, like they did.

every play is game state and player dependent

I can pretty much guess where things lead if I do them which is why I do things and see what happens and then guess at why they happen.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:35 am

In post 1476, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1471, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1468, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm not saying its a tell I'm saying its an example of another argument that I don't think reads as genuine. Like, maybe you expect to be yeeted today, but knowing you and knowing your faith in your abilities, I kind of doubt it.

I already agree with you on most of your reads though so I dont know why you're grandstanding with me other to not get voted so it feels like you're simultaneously saying "yeet me and sheep me" and also trying very hard to get me not to vote you.
I'm just having fun dude

I assumed you wanted a conversation with me when you said what you said

if you didnt want one then I can stop talking at any time
Literally what?
?

you're asking me why I'm talking to you and I'm explaining why I'm talking to you.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont know what about "I don't agree with your answers and I find your worldview kind of confusing" means "I didn't want to talk."

That seems like an incredibly bizarre read.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:36 am

you said "I dont know why you're grandstanding with me other to not get voted so it feels like you're simultaneously saying "yeet me and sheep me" and also trying very hard to get me not to vote you."

and I am explaining to you why I am talking to you
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:37 am

i am having fun talking to you

that is why I am talking to you

you called it "grandstanding" but I call it talking
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1475, Thestatusquo wrote:So why don't you want me to try to work through pookys alignment?
Okay sure
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Titus »

I'm out for the day.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1441, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1371, Alisae wrote:Hi Cakez!
Can you elaborate on both Freedom and Furtive?
like i don't know
I have this TvS vibe from their fight and I find both to be scummy but I don't feel both are scum
Idkkkkk
Pick 1
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Alisae »

Elaborate on what makes both scummy
That is the same as a nothing answer tbh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1452, Shirou wrote:furtive in the last pages is interesting
Paint the picture for me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Shea what are hoping to accomplish by arguing with Pooky?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like it’s honestly frustrating to see you two clashing when I don’t see any read-based reason to do so between y’all, it just seems like you disagree about the Shirou targeting thing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1445, Shirou wrote:ladies and gentleman this is the mathematical verdict and you should only ever trust numbers:

(i have mostly CTRL+F "Cakez" in the Gamma's linked games so I may have missed something perhaps)

out of the 5 scum!Cakez games Gamma linked, she correctly suspected him in 3, making it a 3/5 or 60% correct scum rate. We're also counting towards this cases where she didn't follow the read to the end which is a bit charitable but still makes sense because suspicion is suspicion.

out of the 5 town!Cakez games linked, Gamma correctly identified town!him to the end in 2/5 or 3/5 of the games (depending on whether we count the one where Cakez was replaced, and honestly...I kinda don't count) so to me it's more of a 2/5 rate (40%) but I can consider the 3/5 (60%) if it needs to be.

(I'm not counting the hydra game as a correct town read because I didn't see anything other than suspicious of him in your hydra's ISO, and it feels like you only mention him as a TR once he's cleared by ?fire?)

the mathematical rate of Gamma correctly identifying to me seems like either 60% or 50%. Maybe you could argue that we need to adjust for the fact that scum is significantly more rare to roll than town but idk i'm too lazy for that.

my conclusion is that Gamma is decent at reading Cakez but not amazing and suspects him more than not

nowadays when i hear people saying "i know how to read X trust me" i'm always suspicious because the mathematical calculation of their claims often isn't that good

i'm a cynical man that only truly trusts in
math
!

Have some thoughts cooking in my brain regarding this
I’m rather bothered that Shirou only bothered to do this after I’d stopped being so die-hard on SRing Cakez. Seems more like Shirou wants to debase my credibility rather than honestly engage my reads.
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1343, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Shirou's histrionics are getting even more outrageous
*Writes down word*
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1445, Shirou wrote:ladies and gentleman this is the mathematical verdict and you should only ever trust numbers:

(i have mostly CTRL+F "Cakez" in the Gamma's linked games so I may have missed something perhaps)

out of the 5 scum!Cakez games Gamma linked, she correctly suspected him in 3, making it a 3/5 or 60% correct scum rate. We're also counting towards this cases where she didn't follow the read to the end which is a bit charitable but still makes sense because suspicion is suspicion.

out of the 5 town!Cakez games linked, Gamma correctly identified town!him to the end in 2/5 or 3/5 of the games (depending on whether we count the one where Cakez was replaced, and honestly...I kinda don't count) so to me it's more of a 2/5 rate (40%) but I can consider the 3/5 (60%) if it needs to be.

(I'm not counting the hydra game as a correct town read because I didn't see anything other than suspicious of him in your hydra's ISO, and it feels like you only mention him as a TR once he's cleared by ?fire?)

the mathematical rate of Gamma correctly identifying to me seems like either 60% or 50%. Maybe you could argue that we need to adjust for the fact that scum is significantly more rare to roll than town but idk i'm too lazy for that.

my conclusion is that Gamma is decent at reading Cakez but not amazing and suspects him more than not

nowadays when i hear people saying "i know how to read X trust me" i'm always suspicious because the mathematical calculation of their claims often isn't that good

math
!

So in 60% cases Gamma townread Town!Cakez and in 60% cases Gamma scumread Mafia!Cakez.

So there's 50% chance that Gamma is either Right or Wrong.

... Well i go toss coin. Tails we believe gamma, heads, we don't believe gamma.

Tsk.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1365, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1363, Alisae wrote:T-Bone what do your reads look like
Roughly I have Enchant as clearly town, a few players I'm leaning town on like Gamma, Pooky, Cakez who I am treating as town, null for a lot of slots that I just haven't been able to interact with. Null lean for slots I may have interacted with but don't have an alignment impression on, like Shea, Furtive, you now. A lean scum on Haschel but like slightly, and then I think Shirou is clearly scum.

Unfortunately I develop my reads via interactions and I haven't had them as much as I would like so far. I'll be able to develop my reads better as the game goes on and the players in my null spaces become real players.
Can you explain some reads like why you townread Enchant and more importantly why Shirou is "clearly scum"
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Enchant »

Heads.

We don't believe Gamma.
Wizard-Mercenary

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1367, T-Bone wrote:Yeah? I just understand Enchant as a player I think. Enchant posts a lot of nonsequiters that I think throws people off, but when Enchant doesn't do that there's a clear thought process in their posts.
Uhh so when Enchant is not making sense they are scum? Tbh i don't really ever feel like they have a clear thought progress but in this game they seem pretty uncharacteristically simple so i'm choosing to believe it's town myself.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1491, Enchant wrote:

math
!

So in 60% cases Gamma townread Town!Cakez and in 60% cases Gamma scumread Mafia!Cakez.

So there's 50% chance that Gamma is either Right or Wrong.

... Well i go toss coin. Tails we believe gamma, heads, we don't believe gamma.

Tsk.
Try that again brainiac. (60+60)/2=…
60. 60% rate overall. So somewhat better than 50/50.
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1374, Alisae wrote:
In post 1373, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1363, Alisae wrote:T-Bone what do your reads look like
In post 1371, Alisae wrote:Hi Cakez!
Can you elaborate on both Freedom and Furtive?
Actually now you're strangely mirroring Shea what's happening????
tbh I'm mostly trying to consider other viewpoints and figure out just what's going on. I feel kinda lost right now
I can't really recall you being very lost in games before. Any reason why you're that way here?

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Enchant »

Okay. We toss 10 coins, if 6+ of them are Tails, we believe you, if 6+ are Heads, we don't believe you.
Wizard-Mercenary

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And 5 of each…?
<Embrace The Void>

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Enchant »

Universe will die.
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”