Micro 1068 | Normal Designer Mafia | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 30, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 22, Enchant wrote:So anyway, should we share PR picks? I think it helps town more than mafia.
Does it, really?
Well, yes, but not fully.
We should share ambiguous and Mafia-only picks, I think, EXCEPT ambiguous investigation roles.
But should we really share town-only roles? What's the benefit of that that outweighs the info we give to scum?
And identifying the invest roles is of course a big no because it could give extremely useful info to scum.

I submitted three roles.

Mafia Goon and two others.
In post 74, biancospino wrote:
In post 72, Enchant wrote:VT is a not Role, VT is "Vanilla Town Alignment". For example, Serial Killer and Mafia Goon are ALSO not Roles.
I'm pretty sure they are, though it can't hurt to get confirmation I suppose.
@mod, would "Vanilla Townie" or "Goon" have been valid picks during signup?

In any case, I also do believe that you don't believe they are, so you did satisfy the doubt I had.
. I forgot this post by NK15 but I can't really read it
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Furtive, you probably missed my question to you.

Do you normally point people to your wiki of completed games?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm just flat out confused by Enchant now. I think it's maybe the grammar?

I disagree that VT, goon etc. aren't roles. Everyone in a game has a role. Some just have more abilities than others.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 25, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 21, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 20, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 19, Doctor Drew wrote:I would like to point out that Not Known has yet to post here, obv caught scum and is scared to defend themselves.

And Furtive casually making sure the wifom is strong, that certainly is a thing.
1) Good point, I see you're an excellent scumhunter

2) This my first time in the 'Mayfair Club', so I...had to do it to 'em.

I have my moments.

Also, do your normally point people to your wiki of games played?
No. I recently made it
In post 76, Doctor Drew wrote:Furtive, you probably missed my question to you.

Do you normally point people to your wiki of completed games?
I never miss anything.

'I never forget a face, I never forget a name. My mind's like a steel trap.' - Jack Black impersonating Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oh it appears I missed your response lol.

It does seem you were a bit to excited to point people to your wiki, like you are very conscience about how you are playing and want to make sure you come off a certain way.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 72, Enchant wrote:VT is a not Role, VT is "Vanilla Town Alignment". For example, Serial Killer and Mafia Goon are ALSO not Roles.

In any case, I also do believe that you don't believe they are, so you did satisfy the doubt I had.
Oh jeez, MAYBE they are valid. I don't know. I didn't bother to apply fucking vanilla on designer mafia and i doubt anyone else did so.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 80, Enchant wrote:

Oh jeez, MAYBE they are valid. I don't know. I didn't bother to apply fucking vanilla on designer mafia and i doubt anyone else did so.
At this point I should probably reveal that 2 of my picks were Vanilla Townie and Mafia Goon...
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 81, Not Known 15 wrote:

At this point I should probably reveal that 2 of my picks were Vanilla Townie and Mafia Goon...
WHY
Wizard-Mercenary

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 82, Enchant wrote:

WHY
I TOLD YOU HE KNEW.

But I assume this is a joke?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 79, Doctor Drew wrote:Oh it appears I missed your response lol.

It does seem you were a bit to excited to point people to your wiki, like you are very conscience about how you are playing and want to make sure you come off a certain way.
Like I said, I recently made the wiki and I think it's a fun thing to have. Previously I would have given some completed games maybe just linking them

What's the scum motivation to having/advertising a wiki page? Is this a serious argument?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 84, furtiveglance wrote:

Like I said, I recently made the wiki and I think it's a fun thing to have. Previously I would have given some completed games maybe just linking them

What's the scum motivation to having/advertising a wiki page? Is this a serious argument?
Many people have wikis, most don't proactively point people to it. Pings me as a bit off, like you are setting up the wifom like 'did you see my wiki in those games I was scum? I played completely differently!'.

Feels like you had a gameplan coming into the game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 85, Doctor Drew wrote:

Many people have wikis, most don't proactively point people to it. Pings me as a bit off, like you are setting up the wifom like 'did you see my wiki in those games I was scum? I played completely differently!'.

Plenty of people ask for links to games early on, it's a normal gamestart ritual. Everything you put in quote marks is something you've come up with. My wiki is mostly towngames. I don't think my scumgames are wildly varied in terms of playstyle. Everything you're getting at is completely unfounded and presumptuous. It doesn't 'feel like I had a gameplan', that's what you 'feel'. I didn't have a plan. I hadn't seen Aureal before and in asking for their experience, I thought I'd give mine.

This is such a weird thing to get at me for

Your own wiki is empty, I wouldn't say many people have wikis.

Just :?: all round
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 86, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 85, Doctor Drew wrote:

Plenty of people ask for links to games early on, it's a normal gamestart ritual. Everything you put in quote marks is something you've come up with. My wiki is mostly towngames. I don't think my scumgames are wildly varied in terms of playstyle. Everything you're getting at is completely unfounded and presumptuous. It doesn't 'feel like I had a gameplan', that's what you 'feel'. I didn't have a plan. I hadn't seen Aureal before and in asking for their experience, I thought I'd give mine.

This is such a weird thing to get at me for

Your own wiki is empty, I wouldn't say many people have wikis.

Just :?: all round
Many is a relative term, the main point I was making is that those who have wikis don't come out of the gates pointing to it......that is why I made my quip about you coming with the wifom this early.

And in my experience people don't come out bringing up their past experiences this early, or or asking for them as well. Seems to only be a thing if there is a specific scenario/situation that can be compared and contrasted to a previous game that had a similar scenario/situation. This is my first game on here in over a year, so maybe things have changed though.

And that is quite the over the top defense for someone just saying it seems weird that you point someone to your wiki so quickly.

Unfounded and presumptuous? Someone is getting a bit over dramatic.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm grounded firmly in reality Drew.

You're the one harping on something that's minimally relevant to the game

I'm not blind, I can see that you were trying to push me for something really stupid, so I called it out. If that's over dramatic then the appropriate response is just ignoring every post someone else makes

There's no wifom in the act of referring someone to past games btw. Not sure why that idea entered your mind, which btw is a complete mystery so far
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 83, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 82, Enchant wrote:

WHY
I TOLD YOU HE KNEW.

But I assume this is a joke?
Like... You know that mod most likely just picks 1-2 roles of all picks for town?

Do you know balances of 9p?

Sigh. Let's just stop at this point. If anyone want to claim mafia or "possible mafia" picks, you can do so.
Wizard-Mercenary

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 88, furtiveglance wrote:I'm grounded firmly in reality Drew.

I'm not blind, I can see that you were trying to push me for something really stupid, so I called it out. If that's over dramatic then the appropriate response is just ignoring every post someone else makes

There's no wifom in the act of referring someone to past games btw. Not sure why that idea entered your mind, which btw is a complete mystery so far
Doubling down on the dramatics, gotcha.

Why are you the one who determines what is relevant to the game or not?

I didn't push, I asked a question, which you answered. I then added why I asked the question......and then cue your dramatics.

And you really are hard defending something that another player(me) lightly brought up, and part of your defense was that 'everyone does it' which I already shot down as 'no they don't'.

So please, why do you feel it is so important that we understand your meta? Also nice subtle little note that you are mainly town in your wiki, seems convenient.

Pre Edit: Enchant, I was mainly making a jokey post about my rvs vote on him
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 90, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 88, furtiveglance wrote:I'm grounded firmly in reality Drew.

Doubling down on the dramatics, gotcha.

Why are you the one who determines what is relevant to the game or not?

I didn't push, I asked a question, which you answered. I then added why I asked the question......and then cue your dramatics.

And you really are hard defending something that another player(me) lightly brought up, and part of your defense was that 'everyone does it' which I already shot down as 'no they don't'.

So please, why do you feel it is so important that we understand your meta? Also nice subtle little note that you are mainly town in your wiki, seems convenient.

Pre Edit: Enchant, I was mainly making a jokey post about my rvs vote on him
In post 14, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 13, Aureal wrote:Oh no, furtive is onto us! Quick, Hellhound, activate your death laser before anyone else catches on!
furtiveglance has been marked for death.

Aureal, what's your experience with mafia like? I am an addict of 1 year. If you click the wiki button on my profile you can peruse some completed games
This^ felt like a natural thing to say in response to Aureal's joke. That's literally it. No agenda to linking my wiki. Yes I'm mainly town in it. So is every player ever. If you make one more post that references my wiki I will literally shun you for the game a la Dwight Schrute.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

But.......Aureal was making a pretty clear jokey post about you, and you shoe horned your wiki in there to get your self meta out in the open. There was no reason for you to do that, and asking the about there experience was completely out of the blue as well. The whole thing seems so soooo contrived. You cannot it good conscience say that it felt like natural response.

Oh, so I can't bring up the thing you brought up, gotcha......that really progresses the game.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Fuck it, this stinks like the biggest pile of poo

VOTE: Furtive
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

vrej
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Hmm?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

it means bruh

Drew: Why tf link your wiki bro? Hella sus. You want us to see you as non-threatening because bad winrate? Secret megamind plan?

Me: what are you on about

Drew: Denying it??? Over dramatic defence of my innocent questions??? This is outted mafia stinky poo pile of shit

:facepalm:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 21, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 20, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 19, Doctor Drew wrote:I would like to point out that Not Known has yet to post here, obv caught scum and is scared to defend themselves.

And Furtive casually making sure the wifom is strong, that certainly is a thing.
1) Good point, I see you're an excellent scumhunter

2) This my first time in the 'Mayfair Club', so I...had to do it to 'em.

I have my moments.

Also, do your normally point people to your wiki of games played?

I mean, I guess looking back at my hardcore tunneling of you I understand why you are so so defensive.

Oh shoot, I quoted that I brought up your wiki again.....I know how sensitive a topic it is with you, my bad :facepalm:

Ironically enough, I think I do need to look at your wiki. You literally are not even trying to address a concern I have with you, and only trying to be so over the top and dramatic, and deflective.......and if anyone has experience with Furtive, is this typical town Furtive?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Enchant »

Wow. So wiki exist to collect every compliment someone did to you?

That's interesting. I would do wiki page, but only praises will be from me self.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

On other hand, who would love me more than i am?
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”