iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by iLord »

Incognito wrote:Ummm, I haven't checked but why would that matter? I would think the Gold Standard to compare to here would be to look at her town play and determine if she's a capable player under that alignment who knows the difference between strong points and those not as strong, which I think she does.
But maybe she believes the points she are pushing in this game are actually strong - she has expressed as much after her first anger outburst.

I don't think scum would intentionally push weak points, but I know some players that would.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Huntress »

Unvote
for the moment.

I've finished my initial read-through but it's a lot to swallow at one gulp so I'll probably take some time to fully digest it all. My first impressions make me suspicious of Electra, iLord, eldarad, sthar8 and springlullaby/Guardian although this may change when I've delved deeper.

There is, however, one thing that stood out from right at the beginning (post 16) which I don't think was addressed.
Electra wrote:Finally, we're going to want to know what the boost did to the best of the boostee's knowledge, so we can continue to use it effectively, so if we do boost a protown power role, then we would potentially have to out that role the next day.
What makes you think that the benefits of outing these power roles would be greater than the benefits of keeping the details of the roles secret?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by iLord »

Huntress, so it looks like you think Incognito's town?

What do you think about his not commenting on Electra in the beginning?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Incognito »

iLord wrote:Huntress, so it looks like you think Incognito's town?

Heh. I'm curious about
all
of Electra's opinions. A lot more has happened since then.

*YAWN*

This game is kinda lurky. Not really liking it too much at this point.

Also,
note to self:
Guardian's player by player analysis was awful.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Yeah, I'm still here but really busy... I'm on like page 2...
Probably not going to have anything to say for the next couple of days, and then after that probably won't either. (But I'll have read the 15 pages?) :(
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I'll have no access 'till Thursday, see you guys then.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Boost: Raging Rabbit

I like his recent posting. He's scumhunting but not focusing too heavily on one person or one point, but it looks like he's paying attention to alot of the dynamics going on.

Vote: Incognito

I went over Guardian's considerations and agree that alot of what he said holds true. There were times when Incog was using an ad-hom attack on SL:
Incognito wrote:Um, yeah, this is such weighted bombast
Incognito wrote:And who are you, the Neils Bohr of Mafia or something?
I also think he's been trying to make this game about other games and this quote is trying to defend a point using meta:
Incognito wrote:when I have a scum read on someone I'll make my opinion on the person blatantly obvious.
I just think that sometimes a defense has to hold up in the game it's brought up in and meta's are only a manipulating factor in reading how a player is behaving for a particular event in another to explain away something in this one.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Huntress »

iLord wrote:Huntress, so it looks like you think Incognito's town?

I don't think he's scum with springlullaby/Guardian but I'm not ruling out the possibility that there might be more than one group, or that they may both be townies. It's just that of the two, I think SL/Guardian more likely to be scum. Bear in mind that this was from an initial read, some of which was quite heavy going, so I'm pretty sure I haven't caught every nuance yet.

As for his not commenting on Electra in the beginning, I note that he seemed more interested in other people's reactions to her and didn't comment on the claim itself but he explained this in post 85 which I found plausible. I haven't done an in-depth study of anyone yet so I might well change my mind after further investigation.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Incognito »

@Jahudo:
The second of those two quotes that you've considered "ad-hom" directly followed springlullaby's "8 out of 10" comment to which you had the following to say about:
Jahudo, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1327975#1327975]in 111[/url], wrote:I'm not sure what spring is trying to say with "8 out of 10 persons reserving judgment are scum...". If she said something like "I think people who reserve judgment are anti-town" it wouldn't sound like a baseless accusation.[...]At this early point in the game, I'm getting some town vibes from Incognito and I would from spring too if not for that 8 out of 10 thing which I think needs a further explanation.
Why have you suddenly changed your stance on this issue at this current time?

Also the meta point that I raised was that it was still early in the game when springlullaby began attacking me for not having strong opinions about anyone (it was page
), and I don't think that's something that's atypical from me or probably anyone else for that matter and that when I do have a strong opinion about someone, I'll make it obvious. I couldn't understand why she chose to attack me of all people for that when it's perfectly normal to be that way in early game.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 am

Post by sthar8 »

iLord wrote:I was mentioning my view - I didn't read her as scummy or town, but as a new player.
Why
? Not "how," not "what." I already know the answers to those questions.
incog wrote:Hmm, sthar8, didn't realize you actually knew Skillit off MS.
When he first started playing here we had to clear it with Mr Flay, and we couldn't play in the same games until after he moved.
TDC wrote:Do you happen to have a link to the one game where he's been town?
I'll dig it up, but I don't think it'll help much. If I recall correctly, he replaced in halfway through a day for a claimed doc, helped lynch the obvious scum and was nightkilled. Here's the link to Skillit's first post in that game.
TDC wrote:(Because in themselves they are pretty similar to mine, so I guess your point here is the timing, right?)
Yeah. Although I did check you out when I decided to move my vote off Skillit's wagon. Your opinions seemed to contain genuine and original reasoning, where Crazy was just agreeing with the majority.
Incog wrote:sthar8, you mentioned that you initially thought springlullaby and I could have been distancing scum buddies early on due to our back and forths. What do you think of the iLord <-> Raging Rabbit exchange?
It could go either way. If they are distancing, I think it's not likely to be the same kind of "safe" distancing I suspected you of, where you could create a heated but ultimately meaningless argument. If they are partners, I'd expect that iLord felt that RR was going to take more heat than he has for his vote on me, and decided to do some bussing while he didn't need to manufacture a reason. iLord could also be scum without RR, and be seeing an easy wagon. Or I could be wrong about iLord and he might be dead on with RR, though RR is starting to look more and more protown to me.
Huntress wrote:My first impressions make me suspicious of Electra, iLord, eldarad, sthar8 and springlullaby/Guardian although this may change when I've delved deeper.
I hope you're wrong, otherwise we're in LYLO :shock:

Seriously, though, if you had to vote/boost, who would it be for?
Jahudo wrote:I just think that sometimes a defense has to hold up in the game it's brought up in and meta's are only a manipulating factor in reading how a player is behaving for a particular event in another to explain away something in this one.
QFT. Self-aware meta, and particularly self-presented meta, can only ever be a null tell and is often scummy. There is no reason for town to trust someone when they announce that they are behaving like they "always do." It's a simple matter to go mining for games that support your position, as town or scum.

Jahudo, you asked me about some of Incog's rhetorical tendencies. That turned into a rather lengthy post, so I'll put it up seperately as soon as it's finished.

Top three are: Huntress, iLord, RR in that order.

Welcome, gem!

Mana_Ku, Electra: Thoughts?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 am

Post by iLord »

asdf

The two responses of Jahudo to Incognito is interesting:
Jahudo wrote:Vote: Incognito
I went over Guardian's considerations and agree that alot of what he said holds true. There were times when Incog was using an ad-hom attack on SL:
Jahudo wrote:I'm not sure what spring is trying to say with "8 out of 10 persons reserving judgment are scum...". If she said something like "I think people who reserve judgment are anti-town" it wouldn't sound like a baseless accusation.[...]At this early point in the game, I'm getting some town vibes from Incognito and I would from spring too if not for that 8 out of 10 thing which I think needs a further explanation.
Jahudo needs to explain this apparent discrepancy.
sthar8 wrote:Why? Not "how," not "what." I already know the answers to those questions.
So everyone would know my views towards her posts.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Electra »

Sorry, I haven't really been following this game for a little while.
Huntress wrote:
Electra wrote:Finally, we're going to want to know what the boost did to the best of the boostee's knowledge, so we can continue to use it effectively, so if we do boost a protown power role, then we would potentially have to out that role the next day.
What makes you think that the benefits of outing these power roles would be greater than the benefits of keeping the details of the roles secret?
Uh... to determine if we want to boost the person again? Obviously the ideal boosts for the town are boosts on town that cause the best effects. I would consider things like extra cop investigations, roleblocks, etc, to be the best effects while things like night immunity or an extra vote or something like that (just theorizing) would be nice, but don't really give the town much information. So if someone only gets an extra vote the next day from boosting, I'd rather not boost them again.

Now going back through the posts I missed...

@ Guardian - You didn't address this, I don't think, but you agree with springlullaby's assessment of Incognito but not her assessment of me (in that she found my post to come from a town). Why do you think she felt this way?

@ Incognito and TDC - I'm reluctant to look at meta for ongoing games considering I was yelled at in other thread for using ongoing game meta sighsigh.

@ Guardian - I don't see why Incognito would think you'd be suspicious of him when you replaced. I don't think it was an OMGUS vote towards you specifically. I also think you should have responded about the double boost instead of asking whether you should respond about it being misguided or suspicious - that seems like you trying not to fall into a trap.

I disagree about your other points about boosting, but I do agree about the scum boost trail, which would be useful.

I also disagree about my claim being good for me if I am scum and there are no other similar roles - I find it very short term thinking. If I were scum, I would never do something so risky - the point is to survive for the entire game, not to survive until the town massclaims and then die instantly.

@ sthar - Up to this point, in general, people just sound too similar. Right now, I find Guardian suspicious, but I did not find springlullaby suspicious. I also find iLord suspicious for future posts and also his constant commenting on my noob tells (although I might just be finding that annoying xD). I still think Crazy-replacement is the best lynch - he asked to be replaced in this game, but not in another game, I believe.

@ iLord - my read of SL was town-ish, but Guardian is very scummy to me. What's your read of Guardian alone?

@ Guardian - "I feel like it might be fair that SL was OMGUSy," This comment sounds like Mafia to me. It's a concession about your previous player to ideally get you further in this game. Seems scummy.

" For me to be scum doing that, for it to be scummy, I would have to have forgotten I found them tied -- in the same post where I said I found them tied!! If I were scum I could just omit I found them tied, or not boost both or either them -- I boosted them because I find/found them both most likely to be town, regardless of the chance that they are tied!"

This is also scummy, you didn't forget, you just made a mistake. Scum make mistakes.

Why do you encourage boosting of sthar over the other player? (I forgot who it was.) It seems like you commented on the two of them to have a unique thought but then you fall back to the general consensus that sthar is town-ish.

@ iLord - Why the hell is "quick boosts" a scumtell I'd be looking for? What other games have boosts?

Jahudo's boost of Raving Rabbit is extremely strange to me and seems like a reach, especially since I look at his posts and am unable to follow his opinion at all.

@ Raving Rabbit - can you just give me a quick summary of your views in the game?

By the way, I think that people are overlooking Crazy too much. It seems that in this game, people latch on to an active player to fight with and ignore inactives. I guess I have this feeling because I was inactive for a bit and I was expecting much more suspicion on me when I returned, but the vast majority of people have just continued to attack whoever they were attacking.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #12 - Lynching

Huntress (3) <- Mana_Ku, sthar8, Electra
iLord (2) <- Raging Rabbit, eldarad
Incognito (2) <- Guardian, Jahudo
Mana_Ku <- TDC
Raging Rabbit <- iLord
Guardian <- Incognito

Not voting: RandomGem, Huntress

Boost Count

Electra (5) <- eldarad, Raging Rabbit, TDC, Jahudo, RandomGem
TDC (3) <- Incognito, Raging Rabbit, sthar8
sthar8 (2) <- Guardian, iLord
Guardian <- iLord
Incognito <- Mana_Ku
eldarad <- TDC
Jahudo <- eldarad
iLord <- Guardian
Raging Rabbit <- Jahudo

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch/boost.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by iLord »

adsfasdf
Electra wrote:@ iLord - my read of SL was town-ish, but Guardian is very scummy to me. What's your read of Guardian alone?
Guardian has constantly argued with the town, which may give us a lot of content for us to analyze, is rather hard to follow. I can say I have any definitive reads, but him inheriting SL's role sets me to thinking he's town.
Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why the hell is "quick boosts" a scumtell I'd be looking for? What other games have boosts?
What?

----------------------------------

Despite Electra's apparent annoyance :D, I must note once again that Electra's post has that inexplicable air of a player who has nothing much to say, but attempts to say too much. Basically, it reads like too much "fluff" and not enough scumhunting.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by iLord »

Oh, the the replacement out of Crazy is probably a null tell, since he said he was overwhelmed with this game.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Electra »

iLord wrote:adsfasdf
Electra wrote:@ iLord - my read of SL was town-ish, but Guardian is very scummy to me. What's your read of Guardian alone?
Guardian has constantly argued with the town, which may give us a lot of content for us to analyze, is rather hard to follow. I can say I have any definitive reads, but him inheriting SL's role sets me to thinking he's town.
Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why the hell is "quick boosts" a scumtell I'd be looking for? What other games have boosts?
What?

----------------------------------

Despite Electra's apparent annoyance :D, I must note once again that Electra's post has that inexplicable air of a player who has nothing much to say, but attempts to say too much. Basically, it reads like too much "fluff" and not enough scumhunting.
You said my quick boosts comment is an example of me looking for scumtells instead of scum, why would quickboosts be a scum tell I'm looking for, since boosts are not in any other game?

As for having a large post - it was a response to a lot of posts. Compared to the volume of posts, I guess it wasn't very much content.

So you have a null read of Guardian, therefore SL's town read carries over?

As for Crazy's replacement, why would this game be particularly more overwhelming than another one?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Huntress »

sthar8 wrote:Seriously, though, if you had to vote/boost, who would it be for?
I'm not ready to vote for anyone yet but if I really had to it would be Electra at the moment for wanting to out the boosted powers among other things. She is the first on my list to look at in depth. As for boosts, I just don't know at the moment.

Electra wrote:Sorry, I haven't really been following this game for a little while.
Huntress wrote:
Uh... to determine if we want to boost the person again? Obviously the ideal boosts for the town are boosts on town that cause the best effects. I would consider things like extra cop investigations, roleblocks, etc, to be the best effects while things like night immunity or an extra vote or something like that (just theorizing) would be nice, but don't really give the town much information. So if someone only gets an extra vote the next day from boosting, I'd rather not boost them again.
You've described the benefits of outing the roles here but you haven't answered my question or apparently considered the dangers of outing them. Are you assuming the boost will make them permanently NK-immune?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:You said my quick boosts comment is an example of me looking for scumtells instead of scum, why would quickboosts be a scum tell I'm looking for, since boosts are not in any other game?
Ah, okay. What I mean is that quickboosts are antitown in theory, but in reality, you have to consider whether or not scum would actually do such, and whether or not they would benefit from doing so.

I don't believe quick boosts are indictive of scum.
Electra wrote:As for having a large post - it was a response to a lot of posts. Compared to the volume of posts, I guess it wasn't very much content.
Don't get me wrong - you certainly had a lot of content.

But it was just filled with stuff that I felt wasn't actual scumhunting.
Electra wrote:So you have a null read of Guardian, therefore SL's town read carries over?
Yes.
Crazy wrote:As for Crazy's replacement, why would this game be particularly more overwhelming than another one?
No idea, but many reasons could suffice here. You can't exactly say he was invested into this game at all.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Electra »

Huntress wrote:
sthar8 wrote:Seriously, though, if you had to vote/boost, who would it be for?
I'm not ready to vote for anyone yet but if I really had to it would be Electra at the moment for wanting to out the boosted powers among other things. She is the first on my list to look at in depth. As for boosts, I just don't know at the moment.

Electra wrote:Sorry, I haven't really been following this game for a little while.
Huntress wrote:
You've described the benefits of outing the roles here but you haven't answered my question or apparently considered the dangers of outing them. Are you assuming the boost will make them permanently NK-immune?
No, like I said, that's a bad thing. It's bad to out power roles. Duh. So we can't use boosts effectively. This was originally my argument for why it was a good idea to boost me because it wouldn't be necessary to out power roles because everyone already knows that I get information.

@ iLord - Why do you think quickboosts are antitown in theory if you don't believe they're indicative of scum?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why do you think quickboosts are antitown in theory if you don't believe they're indicative of scum?
Antitown =/= Scummy.

Quick boosts are bad for the town, but offer nothing for the mafia.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Electra »

iLord wrote:
Electra wrote:@ iLord - Why do you think quickboosts are antitown in theory if you don't believe they're indicative of scum?
Antitown =/= Scummy.

Quick boosts are bad for the town, but offer nothing for the mafia.
I see.

While I agree that they offer nothing for the Mafia, I disagree that it's not suspicious. I feel like the key here is that Mafia can not necessarily see what's antitown and not as well as town, and so quick boosts might be something Mafia do accidentally.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by iLord »

Electra wrote:I see.

While I agree that they offer nothing for the Mafia, I disagree that it's not suspicious. I feel like the key here is that Mafia can not necessarily see what's antitown and not as well as town, and so quick boosts might be something Mafia do accidentally.
Likewise, it could be something town could do accidentally.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

Electra, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1361126#1361126]in her 361[/url], wrote:Jahudo's boost of Raving Rabbit is extremely strange to me and seems like a reach, especially since I look at his posts and am unable to follow his opinion at all.
I focused more on his vote from that post, but I do have to agree with this as well. His reason for boosting Raging Rabbit doesn't seem to ring true to me considering the fact that RR has spent most of his time focusing on iLord. I can't see how Jahudo can say that RR has
not
heavily focused on one person and that's his reason for boosting him.

It's also worth noting that RR was one of Jahudo's "leaning scum" reads a few pages earlier so this recent change to actually go forward and
boost
the guy is somewhat dramatic.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Crazy gave me a neutral read. He doesn’t see Electra as town/scum immediately and thinks this over which is good. But some things of him stood out, like the ‘I’m not scum’ comment. And I missed his actual scumhunting.
As Huntress hasn’t said much, I’ll leave her out of this analysis.

Eldarad seems pro-town. Although, he immediatly boosts Electra, which should have been thought over in my opinion, he's trying to find scum. But I've got one question. You saw Skilit as scummy. Then he notes that there's probably one scum on his wagon. Hw come you agree with this as you saw him as scum?
And what made you change your mind about TDC. You said your gut feeling changed due to an actual read. I want to know which comments gave you the feeling that he's townie as I don't trust when players say things like this.
Also, how come you see Electra and Jahudo good enough to boost, but not Incog?

Electra is neutral to me. If she's really town, then I like her opening post. However, we don't know this yet. And then I get some doubts. It could easily be a scum gambit.
But I like this:
electra wrote:I disagree about playing normally. I think this boost thing can be used to help the town, and it is to the town's advantage to figure out what's the best way to use it. Ignoring what boosts might do and just blindly voting for whomever we think is least suspicious seems like a waste. For one, these people might not get useful boosts. The second thing is that scum can also appear innocent, especially on day 1. They also have their scum buddies to support boosting them. Finally, we're going to want to know what the boost did to the best of the boostee's knowledge, so we can continue to use it effectively, so if we do boost a protown power role, then we would potentially have to out that role the next day.
What I also didn't like is her attack against Guardian about his quick boosts. She doesn't like it, but when some players were boosting her, there was no comment about that.
Electra wrote:he asked to be replaced in this game, but not in another game, I believe.
I did as well as I'm too busy to keep every game of mine running, while the games deserve an active player.
electra wrote:This was originally my argument for why it was a good idea to boost me because it wouldn't be necessary to out power roles because everyone already knows that I get information.
No, we don't know. You say so, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Fuzzylightning looks scummy.
FL wrote:Now as to my theory on the effects of boosting, I think it will work where any one-time roles will get a free use on that night, and any other roles will get an extra use. As far as vanilla's, I think information would make sense, or maybe NK immunity for the one night, which could be good for an almost lylo situation. As far as speculation on what would happen for the mafia, it depends on when the boost goes into effect, because if it is immediate i could see an extra NK or the ability to RB.
I don't like set-up discussion about powers. If there are enough players who will discuss it, there's a possibility that some powers will be revealed.
FL wrote:To whoever it was that was saying Skillit is at L-2, right now it doesn't really matter because no one can be lynched until two players are boosted, so we should only be moderately concerned about a certain persons vote count right now.
I don't like this. You believed that Skilit was innocent. Your response to almost 'a lynch' is this. You don't even try to show us who you think is a good lynch as you are way too much focused on the boosts.

Also, I haven't seen any suspicions of him yet, except for SL, while she's replaced now. I have no idea what he thinks and I don't see anything helpful from him yet.

RandomGem seems really promising after his posts :roll:. You remind me of me. Shame on you ;).

iLord has a good opening post. He keeps in mind that Electra could be scum trying a 'Korts' gamble. The same for his second post. And his third post. But then came all his posts about how he's rereading.
And now I understand why Electra I believe was giving some comments about you and the discussion between SL and Incog. I agree with Electra. If you think Incog is scummy, then why don't you start a case against him? Especially after SL was replaced. Why didn't you continue SL's attack? And who do you see as scummy right now and why?
I thought you were pro-town at the beginning, but now you're moving towards the scummy side.

Incognito seems pro-town. That's probably due to his discussion with SL. I got a good feeling of him due to that. But not good enough to deserve my boost, so I'll
Unboost
Incog wrote:I was a bit surprised to see a bunch of people post within the same time frame of our exchange but seem to completely ignore the massive blocks of text that made up the previous page.
This. I don't like it when players ignore a special event during the game. It's useful to know thoughts, so I think ignoring a huge discussion is anti-town.
Incog wrote:Ether theory
?
I like this theory :D

He also is active in scumhunting and he states some times where he stands with his opinion.

Jahudo's random boost was surprising. Why did you do a random boost?
Also, what was your reason for boosting Electra and why?

Sometimes I also have the feeling that Jahudo was defending Skilit. I don't like those posts which gave me those feelings.

You said that Skilit was neutral due to him not scumhunting. At that point, did you have the feeling that you were scumhunting?

But before I forget, why did you have those feelings?
Jahudo wrote:A few of iLord's questions and comments on RR look to me like he is drawing conclusions without looking carefully enough at the information. For now, just a
FoS: iLord
Why does this deserve a FoS as town does this also sometimes?

How did your view of Incog suddenly change?

I don't like Jahudo at this moment. He 'scumhunts', but I don't like the reasons, if he gives reasons, given why he sees someone as scummy.

Raging Rabbit. It seems like he doesn't care if Electra is scum or not due to the reason for boosting Electra.
RR wrote:I agree that 'speedboosting' people isn't a good idea.
What about your boost on Electra?

Ok, he started looking at everyone, then concentrated on iLord and now Incog is next. Who of the two is scummier to you and why?

At this moment I can see him as pro-town.

Springlullaby started as well with a 'boost electra' as the post seemed townie to her. I don't like it that she never explained why.
Then came her attack against Incog, which was weak to me.
Also, I got the impression that SL saw Skilit as scum due to some kind of connection with Incog. I don't like it when players do this while not knowing the allignment of one of them. And not to mention that she suddenly could agree with a Skilit lynch, while she said before that she didn't see him as scummy.
Uhm, did SL give her thoughts about the other players as promised?
Guardian is completely different. He comes in saying that he got a pro-town role :roll:.
Guardian wrote:no one is going to counter "vanilla who gets investigation benefits if boosted" if no such role exists.
Hadn't thought about this yet.

How do you see iLord and Sthar8 linked?
Guardian wrote:I am going to re-read sometime with a possible iLord--Incognito connection in mind.
This confuses me. From this quote I get the feeling that you think about Incog and iLord both being scum. But you also got sthar connected with iLord. Both iLord and sthar, you see as pro-town while you see incog as scummy. Does this go together with the connections you just noted?
Guardian wrote:Incognito's dismissive-ness of arguments against him in general

My recent points against Incognito

Incognito in general
Can you give some examples where you think he's dismissive-ness of arguments?
At this moment, I don't see anything in a Incog-case, but if you want a thorough comment about your recent points, just ask.
See what I think of Incog in this post.

If I'm correct, Incog said something about him not liking Guardian's list. Can you explain why.

At this moment I have a good feeling of Guardian. He gives his thoughts and is trying to help town by giving some suggestions. I didn't like SL, but Guardians posts give me a positiver view upon this character.

Sthar caught my attention with this:
Sthar8 wrote:Electra: How would you choose the second person to be boosted?
This gives me the impression that he has chosen to boost Electra (as he says second), but hasn't boosted Electra himself. But I see you have explained this. And I don't understand why he asked this to Electra.
Sthar wrote:Would you boost someone who had played a similar gambit to yours?
Why did you want to know this?
Sthar8 wrote:At the risk of being accused of OMGUS
Should this matter?
Sthar wrote:Something he said made me think that he might not have the same kind of role pm that I got. Since mine is town, he could be scum. Very, very weak indicator, and as I said, I'm not going to do anything about it until we've got some more content from him.
Something iLord said gives you the impression that you have different kind of roles. Why mention this with iLord, but not with Electra?
Sthar wrote:I hope you're wrong, otherwise we're in LYLO
How do you know?

His thoughts are great, but there are some things bothering me about him. For now, I'll put him at neutral going towards pro-town.

TDC, did you mean this:
TDC wrote:I want proof for this before I mindlessly hop onto the wagon!
TDC wrote:That's a fair point. Boost: Electra.
:roll: You could also say that scum would do this as they know town won't think scum would do this.

At this moment I have a neutral read. He asks questions, but I don't see him do anything with the answers given and I don't really see any scumhunting from him.

That's it for now. Finally time to give my thoughts so I hope you are happy with my work. And please don't mind the length. Even without the preview button, I can guess it turned a bit bigger than expected.
For now, I'll
Boost Raging Rabbit
and
Boost Guardian
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Incognito »

Mana_Ku, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1362301#1362301]somewhere, somewhere in her 373[/url], wrote:If I'm correct, Incog said something about him not liking Guardian's list. Can you explain why.
Yes, I mentioned that his list is awful. I feel like too many of his reads are dirty*. The only person he seems to come to a positive conclusion about is sthar8, which is interesting considering the fact that he entered into the game saying that both iLord and sthar8 were town-like. Let's have a look at his PBP analysis, shall we?
Guardian, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1354609#1354609]in his 317[/url], wrote:
1) Electra:
Claim could easily come from scum. No huge read either way. Misguided thoughts about voting and boosting.
Everything mentioned here is completely negative. Surely Electra's had to say at least
some
things that seem pro-town, no? And he still has absolutely no read on her despite all the negative things he said?
Guardian, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1354609#1354609]in his 317[/url], wrote:
2) Mana_Ku (replacing Skillit):
All over the place. Does not appear to have a logical playing style. Hard to get a read on, something about his jumpyness disturbs me.
Negative, negative, negative.
3) Raging Rabbit:
Seems townish early but then some of his later arguments seem stretching.
Positi-- oh wait, more negative.
4) iLord:
Seems to be approaching the game fairly/reasonably, I am unsure about how I feel about his treatment of sth.
(Note: This is his read of one of the two people he felt was town-like) Positive at first but then slightly negative.
5) TDC:
Makes insightful posts but I am not sure I see much scum hunting. Unsure.
Positive then negative leading to a neutral read.
Another nothing read.
7) Incognito:
Attack on SL seems very ill founded. Often dismissive of arguments against him, continues to change the topic and/or resort to ad-hom whenever he is attacked.
The only person he's completely negative about. Note: He's basically picked up where springlullaby's extremely scummy tunnel vision left off.
8) eldarad:
Nothing sticks out one way or the other, seems like might be linked to Incognito.
Another nothing read. Note: I was the
only
person who Guardian was completely negative about, he mentions that eldarad might be linked to me, but still comes to a neutral conclusion about him?
9) sthar8:
Far and above most townlike player in the game for various reasons. Should be boosted today, obviously.
The only person he's completely positive about.
11) Jahudo:
He makes me suspicious but I cannot get a finger on why.
Wow. That sure says a lot. More negative.
12) fuzzylightning:
I don't remember anything about him at all whatsoever.
And again, a nothing read.

Explanation of Dirty Reads
: Scum oftentimes have to keep their player by player analyses as negative or neutral as possible for a number of reasons (I'm listing two here):

1) If they are lynched or killed in some way, they don't want pro-town players going back to their lists to be able to determine who his or her most likely buddies are.

2) Most players in a game are town, correct (uninformed majority)? A potential scum has a strong incentive to keep things as negative as possible concerning his or her reads of a large majority of players in order to allow himself or herself more wiggle room for future attacks on those town players who he or she happened to list either negatively or neutrally. Scum don't go out of their way to clear people as town -- if they can keep everyone as anti-town seeming as possible, they can keep the town in constant doubt about each other's alignments thus allowing for more future mislynch possibilities.

Still feel good about that boost, Mana_Ku?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”