ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Mizzy wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ battousai: I'd say something in response to that, but that would be defending...
^Copout.
No, it was a shot at me that I wasn't going to respond to.

And I love how everyone ignores destructor for doing... pretty much the same thing I did? I don't find this scummy, but I'm going to call the wagon on it if they don't attack it consistently. What about this quote;
destructor wrote:I think there is/are scum on the CR wagon. I think Batt may fit the description. I'd vote for Batt right now, but Caboose is on his wagon already.[/b]

qualifies a passing glance when mine is almost exactly the same?

You'll also notice that I'm not going to call destructor on defending anyone, Admiral, because I've already had the chance to speak for myself.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
What was whiny about what I said?
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
what about FoS and IGMEOY?
FoS's and IGMEOY's suck and I try to keep my use of them to a minimum.
IGMEOY: Caboose
Any particular reason?
How do you propose to keep track of multiple players whom you find suspicious? Personally, I use FoS and IGMEOY as a way of in-thread notetaking, especially useful for later in the game, but also as a way to get more serious attention of someone I think is acting scummy.
The IGMEOY on you was partly jest and partly a concern that you may be focusing your efforts only on one person at a time.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One: Vote Count #7

4 ClockworkRuse (urielzyx, CarnCarn, Machiavellian-Mafia, Battousai)
2 Battousai (Caboose, Ramus)
1 destructor (ThAdmiral)
1 Machiavellian-Mafia (MiteyMouse)
1 ortolan (ClockworkRuse)
1 Ramus (Mizzy)
1 ThAdmiral (ortolan)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline hits on December 1 at 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 – destructor
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Mizzy »

Quote wall-o-texts annoy me and aren't the best for reading through. Please try and make your points without them.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:40 am

Post by destructor »

I don't see a contradiction, or at the least, anything worth the wagon that's grown on CR.

MM, again, what sort of link would CR have been trying to avoid making with Ramus?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Mizzy wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ battousai: I'd say something in response to that, but that would be defending...
^Copout.
CarnCarn wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
^Copout.
I agree. ThAd, spill the beans; ClockworkRuse probably won't mind as long as you're defending
him
:D
Yeah it was mainly a joke to prove a point, but I was basically just going to say that I thought battuoasi was jumping to a lot of pretty tenuous conclusions and that I thought clockwork had explained himself pretty well on the matter.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

ClockworkRuse wrote: You'll also notice that I'm not going to call destructor on defending anyone, Admiral, because I've already had the chance to speak for myself.
Replace destructor with Admiral and Admiral with CarnCarn, and you get my basic message.

I don't care about defending
after
someone has responded to what's been asked, in fact that kind of defending give us a lot of info.

But defending someone before they've had a chance to respond detracts from hunting and that is scummy/anti-town. I won't support that kind of behavior.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Well we're all clear then.
Yay!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by destructor »

Was this game always this inactive?
Mod:
Is MiteyMouse due for a prod?

Vote: Battousai
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hi everyone....sorry that I've been AWOL. I'm here and have done a quick read. I'm going to give it a better read and then post. Just for clarification, is the MM that everyone is referring to Machiavellian-Mafia? This might get confusing! Maybe his vote at the start for me for not having 2 MMs was wise...hehehe!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by destructor »

I'm using MM for Mach. I'll call you Mouse.

ThAd, why is your vote still on me? I've seen you posting, but I have no idea of who you find suspicious.

Mizzy, I don't think your vote on Ramus is doing much. Last I remember, it's on him more for being snide than anything scummy he's done. Your first gripe with him, and it was a good one, was that he was being evasive. He's since answered for his early play so far as I can tell. So, why is your vote still on him?

Similar questions to Mouse and ortolan. Your votes are still apparently random. We're well past the stage of the game were votes can only be placed trivially.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:09 am

Post by ortolan »

My bad, that is still a remnant of my initial random vote.

I would feel most comfortable about lynching ClockworkRuse. Obviously I am biased due to his vote on me, but I feel his case was genuinely without merit.

Not only do I still believe I was defending a null-tell by Ramus and thus was in the right (objections aside), but CR's vote on me still seems to amount to voting-by-proxy.

Unvote

Vote: ClockworkRuse
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:00 am

Post by destructor »

Eh. Do you realise you just put CR at L-2? Would you be comfortable lynching CR right now? Aren't you concerned that the day's only lasted 6 pages? Who else do you suspect?

And what do you mean by "voting-by-proxy"?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:36 am

Post by ortolan »

destructor wrote:Would you be comfortable lynching CR right now?
I am not "comfortable" lynching him so to speak. I would prefer more discussion first. But I certainly think his play so far is worthy of a vote, even if it puts him at L-2.
And what do you mean by "voting-by-proxy"?
I can only reiterate what CarnCarn told me earlier- read the thread (I know you replaced, but as you say, the thread's only 6 pages long...).

I will quote what I said previously for your benefit:
In fact this if anything merely strengthens my point- I find it somewhat bizarre that you would not vote Ramus because there is "adequate pressure", yet you would vote for someone for defending him. This almost seems to amount to a "vote-by-proxy" and as MM said in 68, could well serve as a way of getting some of the benefits of an actual vote on Ramus without drawing attention to yourself.
For reference; Machiavellian-Mafia and Battousai talk about the same idea (that CR deliberately chose to vote for me for defending Ramus instead of Ramus himself) in posts 115, 118 and 124.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Mizzy »

destructor wrote:Mizzy, I don't think your vote on Ramus is doing much. Last I remember, it's on him more for being snide than anything scummy he's done. Your first gripe with him, and it was a good one, was that he was being evasive. He's since answered for his early play so far as I can tell. So, why is your vote still on him?
Because a) it's for him being emotional, unhelpful, and scummy, not just for being snide, and b) no, he never fully answered everything and when he did answer at all it was because of pressure to answer, and c) there's no better place for it in my mind at the moment.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Battousai »

destructor wrote:Was this game always this inactive?
Mod:
Is MiteyMouse due for a prod?

Vote: Battousai
I better defend myself... I'm not scum. If you want me to have a better defense, post a case.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

destructor wrote:I don't see a contradiction, or at the least, anything worth the wagon that's grown on CR.

MM, again, what sort of link would CR have been trying to avoid making with Ramus?
The link of being, IIRC, the 4th person on the Ramus bandwagon.
The end justifies the means.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Caboose »

Quote pyramid!
CarnCarn wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote: What was whiny about what I said?
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
what about FoS and IGMEOY?
FoS's and IGMEOY's suck and I try to keep my use of them to a minimum.
IGMEOY: Caboose
Any particular reason?
How do you propose to keep track of multiple players whom you find suspicious? Personally, I use FoS and IGMEOY as a way of in-thread notetaking, especially useful for later in the game, but also as a way to get more serious attention of someone I think is acting scummy.
The IGMEOY on you was partly jest and partly a concern that you may be focusing your efforts only on one person at a time.
I personally think that an FoS is synonymous to nothing. It's pretty much a "I formally accuse you of being scummy
in bold
text". I can accuse people without using an FoS.
But that's a matter of personal opinion and playing style. I'm not sure why that merits suspicion.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

unvote
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:
destructor wrote:Mizzy, I don't think your vote on Ramus is doing much. Last I remember, it's on him more for being snide than anything scummy he's done. Your first gripe with him, and it was a good one, was that he was being evasive. He's since answered for his early play so far as I can tell. So, why is your vote still on him?
Because a) it's for him being emotional, unhelpful, and scummy, not just for being snide, and b) no, he never fully answered everything and when he did answer at all it was because of pressure to answer, and c) there's no better place for it in my mind at the moment.
A. I guess it could be emotional, as emotional as you were with getting aggravated that I made a typo about your gender.

B. Pressure, what pressure?

C. Sigh.

Indeed, FoS's serve as nothing more that "I think you're scummy but I'm not going to vote for one reason or another."

Also, quit with the quote pyramid. If this forum is like any other, the page will quite literally BREAK when there are too many quotes on the pyramid.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by destructor »

ortolan, who else do you suspect?
Mizzy wrote:Because a) it's for him being emotional, unhelpful, and scummy, not just for being snide, and b) no, he never fully answered everything and when he did answer at all it was because of pressure to answer
I don't think getting emotional is a reason to suspect a player. Yes, he was unhelpful, but you'll have to elaborate on b) and point to which questions he didn't answer as well as explaining why you don't seem to accept his explanations in light of his changed playstyle. Including "scummy" in that list is a bit of a cop-out.
Mizzy wrote:c) there's no better place for it in my mind at the moment.
The point I'm making is that your reasons for voting Ramus don't seem stellar and you don't appear to be searching for a better place for your vote despite this. You're not pushing Ramus for further clarity. You're just keeping a vote on him. How is this productive?

Battousai, that post was pure lazy. Have you read my posts? See Post 122.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:
destructor wrote:I don't see a contradiction, or at the least, anything worth the wagon that's grown on CR.

The link of being, IIRC, the 4th person on the Ramus bandwagon.
When I usually see talk about players making or avoiding links it's usually with other players, not positions on a wagon. What's significant about the 4th vote?

Caboose:
destructor wrote:
Caboose wrote:There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
Have you made your mind up yet?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Battousai »

Oh, I'm lazy because I don't want to go back and sort through all your posts and find any mentions you've made about me and figure out why you thought I was scummy instead of expecting you to put it in your post, posting a link, or at least talking about it in your last post. Yeah, I'm the lazy one. Also what has changed since that post and this post that would make you put your vote on me? You said you didn't want to vote me because Caboose was already voting me...
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by destructor »

Nothing was happening.

What was the point of putting pressure on CR?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

destructor wrote:ThAd, why is your vote still on me? I've seen you posting, but I have no idea of who you find suspicious.
That was probably random early day voting.

unvote

I'm going to hold my vote back just for now...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Mizzy »

destructor:
How is not voting at all productive? I am reading everything that gets posted very carefully and I have no questions to ask anyone at the moment. So it's either vote Ramus for the time being or no one, and having my vote somewhere is better than no where.

I am also working a whole lot of over time right now due to an upcoming release so please be patient; my participation level will rise after things calm down at work. Yes, I am at work right now :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”