Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2674, unwnd wrote: Cautiousness
Cautiousness in what way?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't want to feel like I'm just a means for your (hypothetical) scum wincon

I've done the same exact play in a recent game, where I wasn't necessarily buddying but giving more affirmation towards an obvtown

In this case, I am the obvtown and I think both you/peta would recognize it, however

If my reads are shit then you can just propel me further for your own gain while letting me do your bidding

Do I think that's what happening? Not necessarily. I just..don't have the exact answer and I'd love a red flip to work with. This part of the game is nauseating.
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:31 pm

In post 2676, unwnd wrote: I don't want to feel like I'm just a means for your (hypothetical) scum wincon

I've done the same exact play in a recent game, where I wasn't necessarily buddying but giving more affirmation towards an obvtown

In this case, I am the obvtown and I think both you/peta would recognize it, however

If my reads are shit then you can just propel me further for your own gain while letting me do your bidding

Do I think that's what happening? Not necessarily. I just..don't have the exact answer and I'd love a red flip to work with. This part of the game is nauseating.
Understandable.

Do we want to kill the FB slot for RH9's awful posting record? I'd kill that slot hyper dead.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm pretty much at let's kill him

My own selfish desire wants StD first because that's my read and even if ffery doesn't see my 'swagger' it's just hibernating

Just a different game I'm playing this time around
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm running out of steam, so I'm not going to try to delve deep into where my head is at with peta.
In post 2127, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2125, petapan wrote: what did i even do in the first 10 pages
There were a couple other posts, but I liked your . And when you unvoted notsci you indicated you were feeling bad and that resonated.
My head wasn't into the setup and ramifications at that point and I'm probably still less into it than I should be because I didn't go through the process of figuring out what to consider in picking a number. That post was like a one minute crash course. It wasn't a huge townpoint. But the notsci unvote reasons were.

I don't think scum-peta would have any reason to back off town-notsci at that point. notsci was out of sorts over all the low-info scumreads and looked like it had him floundering for something solid to push against. There was no downside to continuing to vote him and given how people were reading notsci's play why not help him dig a bigger hole?

And I don't see the point in scum-peta pushing a partner there either. I think he would have been in the mafia PT helping notsci figure out how to right the ship, not adding fuel to the fire in the game thread.

In the 50-60 page range, I just really liked the way he reversed course on Marci after arguing with notsci and cautioning him that he was tunneling. it had a jagged feel to it, with no effort to sand the edges. It looked like a real rethink of the meta that notsci dug up.

And quixotically, I liked his reaction to my early townread. One of the things I liked about his play in the NQN game was the way he kept Morph well down his readslist for the longest time, and how I could see the reasons for slowly dropping other players below us. Because I felt like it was mostly that, with a sprinkling of us doing town stuff. At least I hope we got credit for doing town stuff! The reads list movements were a really good way to see the game through his eyes, despite his very taciturn approach to posting in that game.

And like I said, I tend to townread town-him. After FGO I the smokefilled game was a sort of reality check because his playstyle was so different from the anon game (where he was a really early townread. I absolutely wanted him to get the master upgrade. I sassed LLD (who I didn't recognise!) for scumreading him (and me). Anyway, it took me a long while to solidify a townread in smokefilled, but since then, I find town him usually pretty early. In a game where so much data was already waiting for me, the early townfeel solidified based on a few days worth of game data. I liked the discussion he and LLD had about their mafia philosophies, and I very much liked the whole discussion and about-face on his marci read.

I guess I wrote a wall after all.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

Gonna try and give a minor glimpse of my worldview, this may be scattered

I think
Bell
/
Notty
are likely town. I don't see my read changing anytime soon. They are binned and if I'm fooled I'll be dead before it matters.

Following this, I have a gut feeling that
Ydra
is town. My read on Ydra as of late hasn't been terrible. I repped out of Dats Normal but I thought she was scum and she was. the other last game we played I was able to find her as town. I think the days of getting fooled are nearly over, and I've learned a way to read her. If I'm surprised, then I'll go back to the drawing board.

I think
Dunn/StD
is not SvS. I do think this pairing contains scum. Right now, I am betting on StD. GI's hypo cop rocked the boat a little but Dunn is being proactive in ways that are distracting me.

I think
LLD/GI
are the same alignment. What that means is yet to be determined. I've put a lot of time in the background figuring it out.
Peta
is somewhere here too. These three are the most uncertain to me.

I think
Ffery/Firebringer/Marci
are somewhere below. I would vote
Firebringer
the most out of you and Marci is somewhere here below because she just isn't improving but there's some of tonal inference I'm picking up that gives me pause. My read on Peta is variable to what Marci flips.
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The way this usually goes when I write up a townread, I hear a lot of "but that's not AI" or "he does that as scum, too".

To which I get cranky and start handwaving because it's the gestalt, not player A did action X in a situation with D, E, F, and G.

I guess I could have just said "site search gestalt".

gnite!

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm considering your thoughts and I appreciate you writing them, sincerely
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

unwnd, I could get cranky about your scumread but I'd rather sleep.

Probably not going to effort another big writeup for you for a while, though.

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't think you 3 comprise a team. You're there because you're still unfamiliar and I don't think this is the day I welcome you to my top half.

I feel really good about StD being scum but I can't get it to go over. A Firebringer(Taly)/StD and then maybe some Null or top half of my list seems too easy. Doubly so for Firebringer/Marci/StD.
Stop
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:09 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 2571, Bell wrote:
In post 2568, marcistar wrote: i had a dream that bell was scum...

Neat. Tell me more?
idk ive been on and off passing out for a few days so i cant tell whats real or whats my subconcious giving me a sign

hold on
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:12 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 2289, Bell wrote: One of them is Bell. I’m a freebie. Guess the other two and win a free happy meal.
I think it went something along the lines of u being an evil mastermind who posted this because you thought you would get tred for this bs because it makes you seem like you dont care abt ppl scumreading u and makes u seem carefree
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:16 am

Post by marcistar »

i think peta/scummystral is never a thing here too ; )
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:18 am

Post by marcistar »

im fine voting either firebringer or scummystral
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:22 am

Post by marcistar »

i could walk you guys thru why, but i woulsnt be linking to shit since im at work rn.

so just lmk if u want that
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

i am sort of back. really tired

2 things:
1) marcistar avatar is horrifying

2) I haven't read anything. Someone give me a tldr or what is important to read or something.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2680, unwnd wrote: I would vote Firebringer the most
Hawt
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2677, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Do we want to kill the FB slot for RH9's awful posting record? I'd kill that slot hyper dead.
wtf is hyper dead.
is that the next stage after dead
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2670, fferyllt wrote: My virtual vote is on Firebringer. I can't quite force myself to put the vote down when he hasn't had a chance to dig in and produce something readable. It's going to take amazing towniness to change my thoughts about the slot writ large.
Expecting me to be easy to read is not gonna happen. But hey fferyllt i am in a giving mood
who should i iso. ill give u some grade a firebringer analysis.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2632, notscience wrote: ITS KATNISS
hey not science how you doing?
Show

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2680, unwnd wrote: Gonna try and give a minor glimpse of my worldview, this may be scattered

I think
Bell
/
Notty
are likely town. I don't see my read changing anytime soon. They are binned and if I'm fooled I'll be dead before it matters.

Ydra
is town. My read on Ydra as of late hasn't been terrible. I repped out of Dats Normal but I thought she was scum and she was. the other last game we played I was able to find her as town. I think the days of getting fooled are nearly over, and I've learned a way to read her. If I'm surprised, then I'll go back to the drawing board.

I think
Dunn/StD
is not SvS. I do think this pairing contains scum. Right now, I am betting on StD. GI's hypo cop rocked the boat a little but Dunn is being proactive in ways that are distracting me.

I think
LLD/GI
are the same alignment. What that means is yet to be determined. I've put a lot of time in the background figuring it out.
Peta

I think
Ffery/Firebringer/Marci
Firebringer
the most out of you and Marci is somewhere here below because she just isn't improving but there's some of tonal inference I'm picking up that gives me pause. My read on Peta is variable to what Marci flips.
Let's talk about LLD. I don't really believe that LLD/GI would both be mafia together. I think that if LLD is mafia it is without GI. I do have some issues with LLD lately, mainly her day 2 play. In post LLD claims to have a hypo cop guilty on GreyIce. She first starts to break this in posts and post where she starts casing GreyIce as town.

Look, I get townies can mess up, but what was the point of LLD making a fake red check if she wasn't going to try to stick to it? She seems to have no conviction or even remember what her fake result is.

Post is more breaking of this where she feels a need to defend Unwnd, where she says that she agrees with GI while he talks about having his own hypo cop guilty. LLD votes for me in post . reads good but doesn't make sense. Is it
really
worth breaking cop cover to vote for me at this point?

In post LLD says it is +EV for them to be voting me, because GI is hypo guiltying "and doing it strongly". First of all the strength of GI's push doesn't factor into the ev at all. Second of all Petapan hypo claimed an innocent on me, and LLD is ignoring that - it at least cancels out. Third of all LLD is breaking cop cover to do this, so we now have ~4 people who can't be cop. So this is -EV from LLD if they are town, actually.

To add onto all of that, she is slow rolling any reevaluation of me, and indeed seems to not have even read my posts because they are asking for stuff they could find in thread.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2686, marcistar wrote:
In post 2289, Bell wrote: One of them is Bell. I’m a freebie. Guess the other two and win a free happy meal.
I think it went something along the lines of u being an evil mastermind who posted this because you thought you would get tred for this bs because it makes you seem like you dont care abt ppl scumreading u and makes u seem carefree
This isn't a dream tho and I do this occasionallyc as town.
I also don't really do it for posturing purposes but because I get mildly amused chuckles at poking at my own vulnerability. I think it's normal.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:45 am

In post 2695, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2680, unwnd wrote: Gonna try and give a minor glimpse of my worldview, this may be scattered

I think
Bell
/
Notty

Ydra

I think
Dunn/StD

I think
LLD/GI
Peta

I think
Ffery/Firebringer/Marci
Firebringer
Let's talk about LLD. I don't really believe that LLD/GI would both be mafia together. I think that if LLD is mafia it is without GI. I do have some issues with LLD lately, mainly her day 2 play. In post LLD claims to have a hypo cop guilty on GreyIce. She first starts to break this in posts and post where she starts casing GreyIce as town.

Look, I get townies can mess up, but what was the point of LLD making a fake red check if she wasn't going to try to stick to it? She seems to have no conviction or even remember what her fake result is.

Post is more breaking of this where she feels a need to defend Unwnd, where she says that she agrees with GI while he talks about having his own hypo cop guilty. LLD votes for me in post . reads good but doesn't make sense. Is it
really
worth breaking cop cover to vote for me at this point?

In post LLD says it is +EV for them to be voting me, because GI is hypo guiltying "and doing it strongly". First of all the strength of GI's push doesn't factor into the ev at all. Second of all Petapan hypo claimed an innocent on me, and LLD is ignoring that - it at least cancels out. Third of all LLD is breaking cop cover to do this, so we now have ~4 people who can't be cop. So this is -EV from LLD if they are town, actually.

To add onto all of that, she is slow rolling any reevaluation of me, and indeed seems to not have even read my posts because they are asking for stuff they could find in thread.
to be perfectly honest with you, i claimed a hypo cop guilty on GreyICE mostly to entice him to play, and had very little intention of following through with it if he did. I think it's well known that i have a townread on GreyICE. I thought he would be an obvious target for me if i was cop, so i hypo guiltied there with a plan

1) if he lurks again today, i semi push him but not really to try and provide cop cover
2) if he comes out swinging, i react from there

he came out swinging with a guilty on you and his play is hyper town.

i'm sorry that i'm not providing bonus cop cover but i also claimed a guilty very early to try and protect a possible upcoming guilty from scutiny.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:45 am

and uh, yes, it is worth breaking cop cover to ensure the proper day play outcomes occur.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

OK, but you don't seem very invested in my alignment. Last I heard you were pushing me because you didn't know my alignment and needed m to show you, but you don't seem very interested in engaging.

Return to “Completed Open Games”