Mini 2287: AB:LoAF (Postgame)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

UNVOTE:

This game is annoying me ngl. Maybe cause we have less than a day left and we have no plan.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1548, Gimli wrote:
In post 1545, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1537, Gimli wrote: you and KT are hiding behind a fakepeek by a guy that trolls every single game. if you're town, that's cowardice. if you're scum it's smart but I can see what's going on.
I've been saying all day Drew has had bad posts, so it's not the only reason why I think he could be scum.
not to kill drew, but to then go ahead and blame and kill NM for being NM.

if we're killing drew cause he is scummy, then it's on us and we use KT's ability to shred the POE, not to kill a pirate. never killing a pirate on a townflip! we lose the game with bullshit like this man.
Okay, fair. I get your argument now.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1535, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: pure setup spec here and I have no idea what I'm talking about cause I don't get how roles were distributed at all

btw if roles arent random like alignments, then KT's version of vig could be the way how scum could continue killing during hails as a utility intended by mod

so guess @enchant, did we get utilities randomly or does role part of stuff had a design?
Every player received two roles to pick which determined purely randomly, unless other pick intervened.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 1538, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 1436, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 1368, Enchant wrote: You again lied. That's not third party.
Its a third party based on that win condition

Am I the only one seeing it that pirates are doomed to town side?
I think in the setup you’re defined as groupscum which is Kokichi’s point but you’re more of a third party, akin to Mimes (faction that wins if all members get voted out). Mastermind would be a third party that functions more like a groupscum, as a complement to the discussion.
As for being doomed to townside, depending the circumstances of the game I’d call scumsiding more probable simply by there being less scum than town and thus if the scum gets obliterated early the pirates have to impede the town in order to win. I’ll get into this more when discussing my practical plan for this game.
If pirates don't leave game earlier and end up in an end game situation, that means they haven't pirated one of living factions already. which means they logistically cant side with scum, cause a scum win means they loose. you know? cause scum wins the game with equal numbers and stuff while town has to get rid of all other factions.

There is no scenario in which pirates are keen to scum side in an elo if they are still in game. Only way we can help scum is if we manage to pirate all factions and leave game, and if town is slow enough with killing main scum and ends up in a pickle with us leaving the game.

so clock is ticking and town must find actual scum.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu »

In post 1547, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1536, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 1534, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1532, Gimli wrote:
In post 1530, Kokichi Oma wrote:
Then why in the world would you not be okay with voting Drew?
I'll ask the most asked question of this game: have you played with not_mafia before?
Yes, but Kirigiri confirmed them as other Pirate which at least gives some credit to the claim
Do not give credit to stuff on my behalf when I explicitly said I won't be involved in it. I confirmed him as a pirate. I wont be talking about his role.
Okay, so N_M guilty is probably a lie then
You had reached this conclusion earlier, why did being a pirate change anything?
"I'm used to being mistrusted... Do what you will..."
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Enchant »

Um. If Pirate trying to force mislims then they are enemies? So why don't blast them.
Wizard-Mercenary

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I took that as not wanting to vote Drew at all but you just don't want it because of N_M.

I would be down for a Drew/Herta elim/shot. In either order. Anyone else?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1554, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
I'll ask the most asked question of this game: have you played with not_mafia before?
Yes, but Kirigiri confirmed them as other Pirate which at least gives some credit to the claim
Do not give credit to stuff on my behalf when I explicitly said I won't be involved in it. I confirmed him as a pirate. I wont be talking about his role.
You had reached this conclusion earlier, why did being a pirate change anything?
I thought Kirigiri was confirming them as cop pirate, but it seems she's confirming them as ONLY pirate. meaning that she's basically saying he's not cop but is a pirate.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:24 am

In post 1553, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:

I think in the setup you’re defined as groupscum which is Kokichi’s point but you’re more of a third party, akin to Mimes (faction that wins if all members get voted out). Mastermind would be a third party that functions more like a groupscum, as a complement to the discussion.
As for being doomed to townside, depending the circumstances of the game I’d call scumsiding more probable simply by there being less scum than town and thus if the scum gets obliterated early the pirates have to impede the town in order to win. I’ll get into this more when discussing my practical plan for this game.
If pirates don't leave game earlier and end up in an end game situation, that means they haven't pirated one of living factions already. which means they logistically cant side with scum, cause a scum win means they loose. you know? cause scum wins the game with equal numbers and stuff while town has to get rid of all other factions.

There is no scenario in which pirates are keen to scum side in an elo if they are still in game. Only way we can help scum is if we manage to pirate all factions and leave game, and if town is slow enough with killing main scum and ends up in a pickle with us leaving the game.

You are right that that scenario is bad for town but from an objective point of view not being able to kill scum in order to accommodate another faction can be detrimental to town. I guess the main remedy is being ultra-clear who your targets are. The core issue I see is if town sinks into apathy as a result of waiting for you to get your win, but by disclosing targets there is limited suspects which turns the game into a mechanical simplicity, reducing the negative impact of apathy.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:25 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1555, Enchant wrote: Um. If Pirate trying to force mislims then they are enemies? So why don't blast them.
11 players left

3 scum
2 pirate
6 town

miselim + BLAST PIRATEZ AT NIGHT =

5 town
1 pirate
3 scum

and that's an ELO for all intents and purposes

we must scumhunt inside the true groupscum. 100% at elimination and with the night shot. we don't have room to be flipping pirates rn.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:25 am

In post 1557, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1554, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
I thought Kirigiri was confirming them as cop pirate, but it seems she's confirming them as ONLY pirate. meaning that she's basically saying he's not cop but is a pirate.
Even if that was the case, cop pirate would still need a way to subvert hail.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 1558, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 1553, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:

You are right that that scenario is bad for town but from an objective point of view not being able to kill scum in order to accommodate another faction can be detrimental to town. I guess the main remedy is being ultra-clear who your targets are. The core issue I see is if town sinks into apathy as a result of waiting for you to get your win, but by disclosing targets there is limited suspects which turns the game into a mechanical simplicity, reducing the negative impact of apathy.
Ofcourse

will share my targets all the time. Since this is my first time pirating, I'll claim this after next day starts and will decide and announce future targets before night begins
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:27 am

In post 1556, Kokichi Oma wrote: I took that as not wanting to vote Drew at all but you just don't want it because of N_M.

You almost landed on what my practical plan is.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1556, Kokichi Oma wrote: I took that as not wanting to vote Drew at all but you just don't want it because of N_M.

that's what I'm thinking of. the order doesn't matter.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Gimli »

oh that's great, we're all coming to the same conclusions
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Okay, everyone since people do not seem to understand why shooting Pirate if we vote out town is not a bad thing.

We are at likely: (Unlikely) 5 v 3 v 3 or 6 v 3 v 2 or (unlikely) 7 v 2 v 2

If we shoot and elim town we are either: (Unlikley 3 v 3 v 3) or 4 v 3 v 2 or (unlikely 5 v 2 v 2) which means we basically lose right?

If we shoot and elim town and pirate we are (Unlikely 4 v 3 v 2) or 5 v 3 v 1 or (unlikely 6 v 2 v 1) Which is a better standing and we don't auto lose.

(Tell me if my math is wrong here cause I'm assuming that if we are below the amount of total scum we lose no?)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1559, Gimli wrote:
In post 1555, Enchant wrote: Um. If Pirate trying to force mislims then they are enemies? So why don't blast them.
11 players left

3 scum
2 pirate
6 town

5 town
1 pirate
3 scum

we must scumhunt inside the true groupscum. 100% at elimination and with the night shot. we don't have room to be flipping pirates rn.
Okay.

11 players left.

3 scum
2 pirate
6 town

mislim+BLAST GROUPSCUM OH SORRY WE SHOT TOWN INSTEAD

4 town, 2 pirate, 3 scum.

At this point we have no say at what will happen: Scum are majority.
Wizard-Mercenary

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:30 am

In post 1550, Kokichi Oma wrote: UNVOTE:

This game is annoying me ngl. Maybe cause we have less than a day left and we have no plan.
Yeah these day phases are dreadfully short. It’s about as long as a day phase on my homesite, which is plagued with issues mobilizing elimination votes. “Thou Shalt Not Abstain” has become a rallying cry of certain players.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

You guys really think there are 3 people in group scum?

I was thinking its 2 2 7 rn
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1562, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:

You almost landed on what my practical plan is.
In post 1563, Gimli wrote:

that's what I'm thinking of. the order doesn't matter.
In post 1564, Gimli wrote: oh that's great, we're all coming to the same conclusions
Okay FINALLY we getting somewhere.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Enchant »

Anyway if NM fakeclaimed guilty, then he is HOSTILE against Town.

It means Pirates HOSTILE to town. Therefore they WILL side against us.
Wizard-Mercenary

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1566, Enchant wrote:
In post 1559, Gimli wrote:
11 players left

3 scum
2 pirate
6 town

5 town
1 pirate
3 scum

Okay.

11 players left.

3 scum
2 pirate
6 town

mislim+BLAST GROUPSCUM OH SORRY WE SHOT TOWN INSTEAD

4 town, 2 pirate, 3 scum.

At this point we have no say at what will happen: Scum are majority.
Okay yes this is what I was thinking
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Gimli »

if everyone's both bottom reads are both town then we are in a pickle yes enchant. but doing this vendetta thing against NM is awful regardless.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Enchant »

No i mean.

Do you think NM will side with town?

No way.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1572, Gimli wrote: if everyone's both bottom reads are both town then we are in a pickle yes enchant. but doing this vendetta thing against NM is awful regardless.
Still better than instalose.
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”