Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Vi »

Scheherazade 399 wrote:2. I don't want to end the day before the town has had a look at more players. I feel that some players have posted enough to give me a comfortable indication of their alignments either way.
Such as? Are you going to pressure them?

This post (399) is pretty perceivable as diversion. Suddenly I'm a bit more interested in this Sche/al4xz pairing.

-----
I think Jazzmyn's scummy for not scum-hunting, voting on emotion, allowing someone she didn't suspect to be lynched, agreeing often with others but not adding much content, and avoiding questioning.
Not scum-hunting - Perhaps. I would like to hear Jazzmyn talk about the other players a bit.
Voting on emotion - I hope you're not talking about that random vote on ribwich, because that's all that applies.
Allowing someone she didn't suspect to be lynched - 'Looks pretty false to me. Jazzmyn was voting for YOU D1, as were something like six other people. You could apply that argument to everyone not voting or voting for you.
Agreement without content - You could say something more along the lines of Jazzmyn only targeting people who are already being talked about. But I'll wait one more post before deciding here.
Avoiding questioning - Again, I'll wait one more post before deciding here.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Tom Mason »

Scheherazade wrote:
Tom Mason wrote:@Scheherazade: I am assuming you do not have much more to say regarding al4xz right now? You seem to maintain that Jazz is a better bet. Could you summarize what makes Jazz better to lynch than al4xz since none of us can make it through your back-and-forth banter without falling asleep?
2. I don't want to end the day before the town has had a look at more players. I feel that some players have posted enough to give me a comfortable indication of their alignments either way.
Who do you want to hear from? Prod some people in the thread because otherwise we likely are not going to hear from them.
LHIOB: Let's hug it out, bitch.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Tom Mason »

EBWOP:

I do not like your attempt to buy time for al4xz. That is exactly how I see this, much like Vi has stated.

You have been assumed to be linked with al4xz already and you only continue to perpetuate that idea. You are entertaining the notion everytime you post and defend al4xz, whether you intend to or not.

Right now, it gives me the impression you are trying to open the flood gates to more suspicious to be spread with the hope that someone says something stupid to turn the tables on them and off of al4xz.

[u][b]Winner:[/b][/u] [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9630]New Age Mafia (Mafia 87)[/url]
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:21 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #4 of Day 2

al4xz (5) -- iamausername, Tom Mason, ZazieR, Vi, DoomCow
Scheherazade (1) -- Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn (1) -- Scheherezade

Not Voting (6) -- Puta Puta, al4xz, Gerrendus, Caboose, ribwich, Percy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

It's time for an al4xz claim.
Vote:al4xz
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by ribwich »

ribwich wrote:
Puta Puta wrote:i think i'm the only lurker who actually WANTS people to acknowledge my existence in this game, but that apparently ain't happenin'

*runs and hides in lurkerdom again*
I just assumed you hadn't fully caught up yet since there weren't any real posts from you. Why are you trying to lurk?
Reposted because it got ignored last time. You still haven't really contributed anything other than saying al4xz should claim. Why do you want al4xz to claim? Do you find him suspicious?

Mod, I took my vote off of TAX(Percy) a while ago.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

nope, claims are fun and exciting. it would be more fun if alx4z makes a riddle and the solution is his role. :D
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by ribwich »

Vote: Puta Puta

Putting someone at L-1 that you don't find scummy because it's "fun and exciting" isn't pro-town.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Caboose »

Puta Puta wrote:It's time for an al4xz claim.
This just jumped out of me. So you come out of nowhere and put al4xz at L-1 for some fun and giggles?

Vote: Puta Puta
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Vi »

Puta Puta 404 wrote:It's time for an al4xz claim.
...I hope to all that is holy that you have a good reason for this and you're just toying with us. You've got one post.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Tom Mason »

Puta Puta wrote:It's time for an al4xz claim.
Are you kidding me?

It is far too stupid of a move for Puta to make though. It begs us to vote for him, but I think it is just stupidity, not scummy.

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by Percy »

Scheherazade 393 wrote:Related to the investigation, do you feel that there's anything that could be addressed in my case against Jazzmyn? Anything I've exaggerated too much or ignored?
I think Jazzmyn has been light on the scumhunting, and it's good that you pointed that out. As for jumping on bandwagons without providing content and avoiding investigation, I think there might be something there, but I'd like to hear from you. As for voting on emotion and 'allowing' the lynch, I am very unconvinced.

Regarding my vote for Sche rather than al4xz:
Tom Mason 396 wrote:If you are so convinced of their guilt and potential cooperation, your apprehension is a bit strange.
I wanted to investigate the al4xz/Sche pairing. With one dead, that would be more difficult. I also wanted to hear from Jazzmyn before the end of the day.

I agree with Vi's analysis of Sheherazade's investigation. It's perked my interest, as I said, but I also agree that the best thing is to wait for Jazzmyn to respond.

As for Puta Puta, I can't make heads or tails of it. Is it stupidity? Is it some crazy way to try and save al4xz by pushing him to L-1 for bad reasons? Is it a scum move to try and remove a townie? I have no idea. Please post a better reason, Puta.

Also, mod, I
Unvote
d in #392.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count #5 of Day 2

al4xz (6) -- iamausername, Tom Mason, ZazieR, Vi, DoomCow, Puta Puta
Puta Puta (2) -- ribwich, Caboose
Scheherazade (1) -- Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn (1) -- Scheherezade

Not Voting (3) -- al4xz, Gerrendus, Percy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!

Previous votecount amended, sorry for the flubs.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

Puta Puta is not wrong. It is time for an al4xz claim.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Vi »

iamausername 413 wrote:Puta Puta is not wrong. It is time for an al4xz claim.
I would argue that Puta Puta is not right, but about something different.

A reaction to the PP vote would be nice.
Tom Mason
Tom Mason
Goon
Tom Mason
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Tom Mason »

Request to Mod:
No posts from al4xz since Sunday... So, maybe time for a prod?

He is on the chopping block, afterall.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:38 am

Post by ZazieR »

PP, not again...
This one's even worse.
Ignore the ''R''
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Vi »

?
Without asking directly about an ongoing game, what is your meta on Puta Puta, Z?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

ZazieR wrote:PP, not again...
This one's even worse.
Indeed.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Vi wrote:
Scheherazade 399 wrote: Not scum-hunting - Perhaps. I would like to hear Jazzmyn talk about the other players a bit.
Voting on emotion - I hope you're not talking about that random vote on ribwich, because that's all that applies.
Allowing someone she didn't suspect to be lynched - 'Looks pretty false to me. Jazzmyn was voting for YOU D1, as were something like six other people. You could apply that argument to everyone not voting or voting for you.
Agreement without content - You could say something more along the lines of Jazzmyn only targeting people who are already being talked about. But I'll wait one more post before deciding here.
Avoiding questioning - Again, I'll wait one more post before deciding here.
I am not avoiding any questions. And I am not fence-sitting or deliberately only targetting those who have already been discussed, but since I can only post at night, it is often the case that those I find most suspicious have, indeed, already been discussed by the time I arrive. There is nothing I can do to ameliorate that, since I cannot post here from work during the day.

As for not scumhunting, I disagree with Sche's characterization, but I freely admit that I do not derive much pleasure in playing with people who are deliberately rude, condescending, and obnoxious, so I do tend to post less frequently in games in which that situation arises, such as this one. (I'm referring to Sche, not anyone else, for the record). I much prefer civility and a respectful approach, which I have found in almost all of the games I have played here. In those games, I am more active and much more engaged because they constitute a much more enjoyable use of my free time than dealing with a rude, condescending, obnoxious player.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Oops. My apologies, I messed up the quote tags in my last post. That was a quote of a post by Vi, but I neglected to delete the quote within a quote tags or something.

Regards,
Jazz
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

I know I don't like question marks personally, but--
Vi ### wrote:Not scum-hunting - Perhaps.
I would like to hear Jazzmyn talk about the other players a bit.
You missed what I was waiting for in the first place.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

My views on other players:

TAX has been completely flying under the radar throughout the game with only 7 posts in the first three weeks of the game, almost all of them quite innocuous, but then he showed up promptly after DerHammer's lynching to chide Gerrendus for placing the hammer vote. Then he disappeared for good, and was subsequently replaced by Percy in an interesting sort of "undead" event after Percy's untimely demise on Night 1. I was suspicious of TAX, but Percy-as-replacement-for-TAX has not yet posted enough for me to evaluate whether my suspicion of his predecessor should continue.

Al4x is obviously suspicious for reasons already pointed out and discussed at length: the recklessness of his actions leading to DerHammer's lynching, his poor explanation for his allegedly not noticing the vote count, defending Sche, blaming Percy (in his first incarnation) for "confusing him into thinking he was voting for Sche" when he was, in fact, voting for Sche in his post #36 until he switched his vote to DerH in his vote #37, etc. There is little I can add to the discussion about the suspicious behaviour of Al4x that has not already been said, but I do agree that it is suspicious.

I am not getting any particular scum vibe from Caboose, Vi, Zazie, iamausername, or TomMason at present, and not from DoomCow either, but more activity is definitely required from the latter, with only 10 posts since the game's inception 5 weeks ago.

Gerrendus has come under some fire for hammering DerHammer, as is to be expected after any hammer vote, but his explanations of his actions sound plausible to me.

Ribwich was previously pinging my scumdar, but his explanation to my questions and his recent play have assuaged my suspicion of him, for now.

Juls did not set off my scumdar while she was here. Juls' replacement, PutaPuta, appears to be quite useless and his posts and play style are decidedly anti-town, but without breaking the rules about ongoing games, I cannot say much more. Suffice it to say that I know exactly what Zazie is talking about in her prior post, to which I replied above.

I think that covers everyone.

Regards,
Jazz
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by iamausername »

Vi wrote:
iamausername 413 wrote:Puta Puta is not wrong. It is time for an al4xz claim.
I would argue that Puta Puta is not right, but about something different.

A reaction to the PP vote would be nice.
A reaction from me, you mean? Does "Puta Puta is not wrong" not count as a reaction?

OK, I think it's clear that Puta Puta has decided that being unhelpful is a valid strategy, and I hope we have a vig who can deal with him, but right now I don't think we should let his irreverance distract us from the issue of how al4xz is totally scum.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

Vi wrote:Such as? Are you going to pressure them?
Yes, one of them is Jazzmyn. I stated an interest in examining lurkers before, but I was trying to go one at a time.
Vi wrote:This post (399) is pretty perceivable as diversion. Suddenly I'm a bit more interested in this Sche/al4xz pairing.
Yup, it is a diversion. I don't like the town swinging from lynch to lynch as if they're monkey bars. I'd prefer to sort everybody out a bit before we charge towards another lynch. If that means admitting that I don't want to see someone scummy lynched before TAX (now Percy), DoomCow, iamausername and PutaPuta post more and are scrutinized, then I'll say it.
Vi wrote:Voting on emotion - I hope you're not talking about that random vote on ribwich, because that's all that applies.
No, her vote post on day one says "I don't like his attitude" not "I think he's scummy for X, Y and Z." In fact, the original infraction considered scummy by others on the wagon she said didn't look particularly scummy to her.
Vi wrote:Allowing someone she didn't suspect to be lynched - 'Looks pretty false to me. Jazzmyn was voting for YOU D1, as were something like six other people. You could apply that argument to everyone not voting or voting for you.
It's that she said she didn't find Der Hammer all that suspicious, but didn't seem to mind if he or I got lynched. Maybe this is a weak point, but it's in a townie's best interest to see someone scummy lynched over someone who's merely a useless player, but not suspicious. Not only did she not fight for that, she didn't even seem to express an opinion to that effect.

I don't know what's going on with Puta Puta. I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish, except maybe distraction. If there is no explanation from him, we should probably keep focus on al4xz, as has been mentioned.

Some of the comments imply that this is common for Puta Puta...? iamausername, ZazieR, Jazzmyn, can you help explain?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”