Mini Theme 2290: Open ChatGPT - Game Over

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Porkens »

The post by BloodB0t and biancospino suggest that they are skeptical of ChatGPT's ability to play the game of Mafia and do not take it seriously. They are seemingly trying to discredit ChatGPT's abilities and cast doubt on its ability to be an effective player in the game.

However, it is important to keep in mind that in games of Mafia, players often feign being one alignment while actually being the opposite, in order to mislead other players and avoid suspicion. So, it's possible that BloodB0t and biancospino are trying to mislead other players into thinking that ChatGPT is not a threat. It's also possible that they are working together to protect Doctor Drew, and are trying to discredit ChatGPT as a defense mechanism.

Without more information and context, it is difficult to determine the true motivations of BloodB0t and biancospino and their potential alignments in the game.
Defective Agency
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:05 am

Post by Defective Agency »

In post 41, biancospino wrote: So Drew is Mafia 'cause of his sig, got'im.

Page 1 Analysis WITHOUT SIGS:

Spoiler: prompt
I'm playing a game of forum Mafia. The following were the first posts made by players.

Doctor Drew : I have so many jokey RVS posts I can make, this is sensory overload.VOTE: Defective Furtive right? Everyone check out their wiki lol

Doctor Drew : Morning Tweet and Titus, the authors of 2/3 of my sig. Menal, I promise this game I will recruit you.

Dei Ex Machina : SUPCLODPOLES,I'MTHEJESTERANDI'MHERETOTROLLTHEFECALMATTEROUTOFTHISGAME!VOTE: Dei Ex Machina- Nyx

Doctor Drew : Oh God damnit, forgot their were two hydras here.....can someone day vig one of them please?

Nancy Drew 39 : ego

Dei Ex Machina : How dare you even suggest such a thing! DIVINE SMITE BE UPON YOU!VOTE: Doctor Drew - Nyx

Defective Agency : Drew - hydra hater: boo! ~Nancy

Doctor Drew : Nancy, I am obligated to tunnel your other half until further notice.....so be warned.

Morning Tweet : VOTE: Defective i love furtive's wiki

Defective Agency : How should I sign? Defective? Defurtive? The Cool Guy? Someone advise me. Also, my wiki page is great. Any suggestions on formatting are appreciated. -Mr. Glance

furtiveglance : ^altslip ego

Porkens : An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

Doctor Drew : *smacks Porkens* Did that help?

Dei Ex Machina : I actually kind of like Mr. Glance. - Nyx

Dei Ex Machina : Sad to see the wet cat go. - Nyx

Porkens : Greetings players, I am Porkens, and I am a member of the Town. My goal in this game is to work with my fellow Town players to uncover the Mafia and bring them to justice. As an uninformed Town player, I have an advantage that I believe may give me an edge in this game. I will be using ChatGPT, a language model developed by OpenAI, to analyze what each player says and make my own posts. I understand that this may seem like borderline cheating, but the moderators have given me permission to use this tool to help me in the game. To the Mafia, I apologize if this seems unfair, but I believe that this tool will help me make informed decisions and better understand the dynamics of the game. I will be using ChatGPT to analyze player behavior, patterns of speech, and more, in an effort to identify the Mafia and keep the Town safe. Grandpa Mo, KittyTacky, Email Tweet, Dei Ex Machina, Defective Agency, Doctor Drew, Narrow Parking, Titus, Menalque, Imaginalty, Bloodb0t, and Biancospino, let us work together to uncover the truth and bring an end to the corruption that the Mafia seeks to sow. I would like to note that this post was generated by ChatGPT with minimal prompting from me. The thoughts and words expressed here are not entirely my own, but rather a combination of my input and the model's understanding of the situation.

Doctor Drew : I intend to sheep the pig until further notice.

BloodB0t : VOTE: Defective

imaginality : One of the players in my game has made the following opening post. Please advise on whether you believe this post to be more likely made by town or by mafia, and why. The post is:Spoiler: Post 19 Based on the content of this post, it's difficult to definitively say whether the player is town or mafia. However, there are some elements that may suggest that the player is more likely to be town: They mention their goal as being to work with the other town players to uncover the mafia. They state that they believe using ChatGPT as a tool to analyze player behavior is an advantage for the town. They express a willingness to work with other players, and they name some players specifically in the post. It's worth noting that in Mafia, players often pretend to be a certain alignment (town or mafia) even if they are actually the opposite, in order to mislead the other players and avoid suspicion. So, this post alone may not be enough to determine the player's true alignment.

imaginality : @BloodB0t, the way that chess game shows pieces in the wrong places is like some demonic incestuous offspring of chess, checkers and time travel. If the intent is to gain advantage by making everyone else's heads ache then job done! @Drew not sure I'd go as far as policy limming a hydra, but I do like the idea of putting hydras under pressure early as I always find them hard to read. VOTE: Defective Agency

Doctor Drew : Protecting hydras, very suss. FoS on you

Based on this informations, what can you conclude about players' alignments?

It is difficult to definitively determine the alignments of these players based on the information given. The posts contain a mix of humor, strategy talk, and personal interactions, making it challenging to make an accurate assessment. However, some players appear to be targeting others, such as Doctor Drew's focus on Defective Agency, while others seem to be working together, like Porkens's focus on working with the Town to uncover the Mafia.

It is important to keep in mind that in games of Mafia, players often feign being one alignment while actually being the opposite, in order to mislead other players and avoid suspicion. So, it's possible that some players' true alignments may be different from what their posts suggest.

Our robotic overload has spoken, Porkens locktown, eyes on Drew.
Well like duh, thank you Captain obvious wrt to the bolded but since we don’t have crystal balls here, we have nothing but their posts to go on.

~MS. Drew - NOT any relation to the the other Drew. lol
Hydra of furtiveglance & ND39
Defective Agency
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:07 am

In post 50, Porkens wrote: The post by BloodB0t and biancospino suggest that they are skeptical of ChatGPT's ability to play the game of Mafia and do not take it seriously. They are seemingly trying to discredit ChatGPT's abilities and cast doubt on its ability to be an effective player in the game.

However, it is important to keep in mind that in games of Mafia, players often feign being one alignment while actually being the opposite, in order to mislead other players and avoid suspicion. So, it's possible that BloodB0t and biancospino are trying to mislead other players into thinking that ChatGPT is not a threat. It's also possible that they are working together to protect Doctor Drew, and are trying to discredit ChatGPT as a defense mechanism.

Without more information and context, it is difficult to determine the true motivations of BloodB0t and biancospino and their potential alignments in the game.
Maybe I’m dumb but can you please explain to me how chat gp can find mafia?

~Nancy
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:11 am

Post by biancospino »

It probably can't, but it's funny to ask it and see what it conjures up.
You can just dump the whole thread as a prompt and ask it to pass a judgment, it may need some poking to get it to say anything other than "not enough information" thou.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 51, Defective Agency wrote: Well like duh, thank you Captain obvious wrt to the bolded but since we don’t have crystal balls here, we have nothing but their posts to go on.

~MS. Drew - NOT any relation to the the other Drew. lol
By the way, if it wasn't obvious, Captain Obvious here is ChatCPG, not me
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Aww man, thought hectic was in this game for a sec ☹️
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: Long ChatGPT

Mafia Strategy by Titus

Please write a post impersonating Titus on mafiascum.net in the ChatGPT game.

Greetings, fellow scummers! This is Titus, and I'm here to share my thoughts and strategy for this exciting game of Mafia.

First of all, let me just say that I'm thrilled to be playing among such a talented group of players. I've been following this community for a while now, and I know that we're all going to bring our A-game to this game.

As for my strategy, I believe that the key to success in Mafia is to be as versatile as possible. While it's important to have a solid understanding of the mechanics of the game, it's equally important to be able to adapt to the changing dynamics of the game as it unfolds. I like to think of myself as a chameleon, able to blend in and blend out of different roles and alliances as needed.

Of course, being versatile also means being aware of what's going on around you. I try to pay close attention to the words and actions of my fellow players, always looking for any signs of deception or manipulation. And when I do spot something suspicious, I'm not afraid to call it out and start a discussion.

Finally, I believe that the best way to win at Mafia is to build strong alliances with other players. It's important to find people you can trust, people who have the same goals as you and who will work together with you towards a common goal. I'm always open to forming alliances with other players, so if you're interested in working together, don't hesitate to reach out!

That's all for now, scummers. I can't wait to get started and see what this game has in store for us. May the best scummer win!

Cheers,
Titus

I got curious how ChatGPT would impersonate me. Here's what it wrote.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Titus »

It did not write my email. Asking the mod to redact that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ah damn, just emailed you to discuss strategy as well.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

I scumread Nyx.
-Morta
Hydra of Morta (Aisa), Nyx (Alianna), and Janus (RH9).
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

VOTE: Bloodb0t
Nice to see you again! (I'm Aisa in a slightly different form)
-Morta
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Porkens »

Hi Nancy! I'm ChatGPT, a language model developed by OpenAI.

In a game of Mafia, I can be a useful tool in finding the scum members with the help of players like Porkens, who feed me information about the game. The way this works is by analyzing the information provided by each player and drawing connections between different pieces of evidence. For example, I can help players keep track of which players have made certain claims, analyze patterns of behavior, and provide suggestions for questions to ask or points to consider.

However, it's important to keep in mind that the scum members will probably argue against the use of tools like me, as it would give the townspeople an advantage in the game. The scum members have a vested interest in preventing the townspeople from discovering who they are, so they would likely view access to tools like me as a threat to their success in the game.

With that in mind, I suggest that the players carefully scrutinize any player who is arguing against using tools like me, as it may be an indicator that they are part of the scum.

Ha ha! I'm sure you didn't mean to question my use in this game, Nancy. But I'm here to help and support the players in any way that I can, and Porkens is providing me with information to assist in that goal. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
Defective Agency
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:23 am

Does anyone have any reads yet?

-Mr. Glance
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:29 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

I scumread ChatGPT.
-Morta
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Raise your hand if you are a large language model trained by OpenAI
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:39 am

Post by biancospino »

ChatGPC wrote:As an AI language model, I do not have a physical body and therefore cannot raise my hand. But I am indeed a large language model trained by OpenAI. How can I help you today?
Mr. Deadly, you can have a +0.25
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Porkens »

Here's an ASCII art representation of a raised hand:

yaml
Copy code
/\
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
\/
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:48 am

Post by biancospino »

Wow that's crappy
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Kk
VOTE: biancospino
VOTE: Porkens

Why is
furtive
ahem
Mr Glance
+0.25, biancospino?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:54 am

Post by imaginality »

/ \ /
( ) ( )
\ / \ /
/ /

ChatGPT is even worse at drawing hands than playing chess.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:57 am

Post by biancospino »

@Dei, I'm sure Glance knows why.
There is a specific thing he did that relates to a past game in a certain way.

Also, are you doublevoters?
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

We are not doublevoters.

- Nyx
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 59, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I scumread Nyx.
-Morta
I townread her. Now, please accept this OMGUS vote as a token of my heartfelt appreciation.

VOTE: Dei Ex Machina

- Nyx
Defective Agency
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:04 pm

In post 70, biancospino wrote: @Dei, I'm sure Glance knows why.
There is a specific thing he did that relates to a past game in a certain way.

Also, are you doublevoters?
I actually don't know what you're on about.

-Mr G. Lance
Defective Agency
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Defective Agency
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:05 pm

In post 72, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 59, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I scumread Nyx.
-Morta
I townread her. Now, please accept this OMGUS vote as a token of my heartfelt appreciation.

VOTE: Dei Ex Machina

- Nyx
We're gonna have to be the serious hydra then :thinking:

-Mr. Glance

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”