Mini 2292: Anything uPick - Game Over!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by kuribo »

Let me tell you a few things about my town game and you can dive right in if you need to confirm:

I play by reading emotion, and it rarely fails me. I commune with the gods of murder and they bestow upon me the divine knowledge to discover the intent of those emotional outbursts that happen every day on this site.

I lay in wait. I let scum come to me. They can't help it, there's a primal urge not to waste a kill on me but my reads can be so erratic that they don't want me in endgame. Ask DGB about that time I townread her for months until *one* comment throwing shade at me tipped me off that she was scum. She's one of my favorite people on this site and I turned on her. Correctly, might I add.

I ask questions. The style isn't all emotion, I'm trying to catch someone in a lie or a hypocrisy. But once I identify that, I've got my opening. I get reads by interacting with people and judging how they interact with me. As well as interactions with the flipped dead. Mafia is a psychological game to me, and if you learn how people interact with you and with others, it opens its secrets to you.

So let me share with you my observations about you, seeing as you've had a 1v1 with SAS as well as a self-defeated emotional reaction while conversating with Alisae. Because, Pink Ball, both of those things are my bread and butter. And now that you've interacted with me, I can add that into my read of you:

Your interactions with SAS felt like scum caught for the wrong reasons. As I said at the time, I didn't think there was much to SAS's case, but I do believe he believed it. Your reaction gave me a sense of frustration that we've all felt when some townie locks onto us for some stupid reason and won't let off the gas.

Your interactions with me felt like an attempt to justify the accusation you made against me. Do I believe you saw me as an easy target? Maybe not, but it felt incredibly weak and an afterthought to a read that you made up whole cloth.

Your emotional nosedive in the conversation with Alisae was, I believe, genuine. I believe you were genuinely frustrated, even melancholy about your gameplay. I just haven't decided if it makes you town.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

What I don’t get is I’ve been accused twice of “making up reads” and I’m not
that
stupid to say a read without having an explanation.

Either I’m town actually trying to get a grasp in the game, or I’m scum thinking how to place myself.

In this case, let me do this again and tell me I’m an idiot if you still think I am.

I agree that asking for reads to someone who is getting eliminated is not only good for town but it’s even courtesy, courtesy that I didn’t have with the quick hammer.

The reason I suspect you is not for asking for the reads per se, is because to me it felt that you had the chance to ask for their reads before asking “who are you” like you didn’t even care about their reads ‘cause they weren’t actually useful for you.

Is that better articulated?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:20 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

(Sorry, about your commentary on me: it checks out, I think your takes about me are well thought analysis of the situation between SAS and me, only lacking the alternative of me genuinely thinking that SAS was scum and getting frustrated over his tone, using words like “blasphemous” and “atrocious” referring to me)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

But from your point of view I really like your conclusion and it does explain really well how you approach games; I think I’m a little scared of it because “emotional outbursts” is exactly what I want to avoid. As I said, I don’t want to win if I have to be a jackass to do it
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 601, Pink Ball wrote: What I don’t get is I’ve been accused twice of “making up reads” and I’m not
that
stupid to say a read without having an explanation.

Either I’m town actually trying to get a grasp in the game, or I’m scum thinking how to place myself.

In this case, let me do this again and tell me I’m an idiot if you still think I am.

I agree that asking for reads to someone who is getting eliminated is not only good for town but it’s even courtesy, courtesy that I didn’t have with the quick hammer.

The reason I suspect you is not for asking for the reads per se, is because to me it felt that you had the chance to ask for their reads before asking “who are you” like you didn’t even care about their reads ‘cause they weren’t actually useful for you.

Is that better articulated?
It is better articulated, but here's the thing: I wouldn't have asked for them if they weren't going to be useful to me. And I'm a bit more concerned that nobody, present company included, seemed to care enough to ask either.

I asked for a flavor claim because they had already claimed their role anyway. I don't like when people leave out information with the gun to their heads.

You make a partial claim that lets you off the hook, you can always revise or massage it later. Maybe think of a more town explanation.

I wanted the flavor right then and there because stalling is scummy. When it's your time to die, you tell the town everything you know unless it actively harms your wincon to do so.

This is why I asked for the flavor of the abilities: I was concerned that some of the abilities were either made up or scummy; a last ditch attempt to save their own skin. Flavor, especially in a u-pick, can shed light on that.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by kuribo »

And this is just for future reference:

When I tell you "I want your reads," I am not asking for them, I'm telling you that you need to post them because there is a gun to your head.

And here's the thing, Pink, I'm not criticizing you for the hammer. It's fine tbh and it was almost certainly going to happen. If you and wavelength hadn't had done it, I probably would have. But I wasn't done finding out what I wanted to know. So for you to use that as evidence that I was "fence sitting," obviously gives me pause. Especially since I was trying to find out what the elim could tell us and you had no interest in the same, nor in observing my interaction with them.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I think Ali said something that I didn’t think before that you could’ve just lurked and would've been better instead of posting making those questions so yeah I believe what you’re saying
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 605, kuribo wrote: But I wasn't done finding out what I wanted to know. So for you to use that as evidence that I was "fence sitting," obviously gives me pause. Especially since I was trying to find out what the elim could tell us and you had no interest in the same, nor in observing my interaction with them.
You’re right, I’m sorry, I was so obsessed with impersonating Not_Mafia that I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on. It was after reading the EoD again when your posts pinged me, but that’s taking them out of context
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ok my turn
Me claiming is probably stupid but my action can’t be stopped by a mire ascetic and I kind of slipped this
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

oh boy it's ali claim time
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

This is the part where I reveal that I reveal I misled the game on my flavor but I think that's fine regardless.

I am a blue-eyes white dragon.
With my eyes of blue, my vote is blue, and at night I may fire a burst stream of destruction. This vig shot is so strong (not a strongman tho LOL) that the player who is shot will not have their role or alignment flipped. I wasn't redirected, as what happened to Kokichi and my kill flavor are completely different and the person I shot would be dead in OP.

During night I had a pretty hard time deciding between Flea and Marashu.
First I wanted to shoot Flea I felt like that was a pretty safe shot
but then I felt like Marashu's posting D1 was pretty bad
but then I felt like Marashu would probably be more readable than Flea
but then I decided that Flea is likely just town and Marashu is a more productive shot.

I feel pretty safe claiming cuz wolves can't shoot or interact with me tonight due to this lovely mask that was provided to me! So I'm at least getting 2 shots off which is pog.

Really not happy with Marashu just responding to that w/ the bare minimum, not even claiming in full, and posting literally nothing else. Not even any content or anything.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

Anyway so ya what the fuck happened at night if both me and cephrir failed while targetting Marashu. It's not like there's an LR or a Nexus or that I got redirected or anything.
I can't imagine ascetics stopping kills
so the only thing I can think of is just a rolestop.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh also I didn't want to shoot PB because I think that's a slot that's better w/ alignment flipped.
I don't think anyone minds if Flea/Marashu flip w/o alignment or role n1.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Wavelength is right, town protecting Marashu doesn’t make any sense, so either scum predicted that Marashu was going to be targeted by other players and make him look bad, or the simpler explanation being that Marashu is scum himself
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 614, Alisae wrote: oh also I didn't want to shoot PB because I think that's a slot that's better w/ alignment flipped.
I don't think anyone minds if Flea/Marashu flip w/o alignment or role n1.
I was gonna say that scum!Marashu spewed town on me and I’m willing to be D3’s designated elimination if that gives a better understading of the gamestate in case Marashu flips town, but 1. i don’t think the latter will occur, and 2. I would rather live lol
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

You know what I’m not leaving room for everyone else to chime in and I think that’s not healthy for me and for the gamestate since there’s a big fat chance that at least one scum is just going under the radar
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

LLD: Wait till you see my Claw move
Ali: Wait till you see that I’m a big super awesome dragon and that I can send someone into the next stratosphere
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 586, Wavelength wrote:
In post 583, Marashu wrote: Not claiming ascetic, if that's what you're asking. Not sure why people's actions targeting me failed. Whatever it is, it's not me.
I am trying to think of a world where you are targeted with a rolestop if you are town, and struggling to come up with one.

Like, a town rolestop is should be used like a doctor, and I don't think that it makes sense for a doctor to target you. And I am not sure why a scum rolestop would be on you if you are town either.
This doesn't make sense. With as short as Day 1 was, your night action target might as well be random.
In post 588, Wavelength wrote: I just stared at a list of roles on Mafia scum, and I guess I can see a couple roles that *could* make sense as having used you as a target.

Not gonna list them all, but I think that if there is a town bus driver that targeted you, they should probably out, since that would mean their other target is likely an unclaimed ascetic.

The others that I saw would either should not claim even if they targeted you, or would be the result of a scum action, so doesn't matter.
This doesn't make sense either. Wouldn't a bus driver action fail on an Ascetic under NAR?
In post 593, Pink Ball wrote: In what world do I spend the night thinking who could be “easy pickings” and I decide “ah yes, kuribo”
Maybe this game? Seems like going after kuribo would be pretty random risk. I don't see this as a good argument against the possibility.
In post 550, Stephen A Smith wrote:
In post 534, Pink Ball wrote: Amici voted for me when they were already destined to be eliminated. It was a survivalistic vote.
this is ridiculous
In post 551, Stephen A Smith wrote: so Amici voting for you is survivalistic but you quickhammering Amici is what?
I agree with Stephen here.
In post 574, Pink Ball wrote: In context it looked like the day was going to end fast because of LLD's impetu
Nah. If people wanted to drag it out (and they often do), they would have.
In post 516, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 511, Stephen A Smith wrote: do you have an example of a game where you quick hammered someone on d1 barely out of RVS as town
I don't know man I haven't played for 2 years straight I'm trying to settle in again.

Also "quick hammer" is a joke in this case, they already claimed and stated their intentions by voting me.
I agree with this. Let's not spin this as a quickhammer as due process was followed. It was simply done under escalated timelines.
In post 490, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 310, kuribo wrote:
In post 300, Amici Curiae wrote: Yeah, if that was a dayvig it was just bad, now there will just even less info to be gained from our slot's green flip
i dunno tho this post does feel forced

like, you know good and well that's not a dayvig so why pretend
Shade
In post 350, kuribo wrote:
In post 343, Amici Curiae wrote: Fine.
We are a JoaT with three abilities.
  • a watcher shot
  • a FlavorCop shot. We can chooce a target an discover their Flavor
  • a shot of some sort of investigative that discover whether or not the target is "wicked". The PM uses that word, and doesn't clarify further.
~b
But what ARE you?

What's your flavor here?
Chance of taking a stance n°1 after a claim.
In post 364, kuribo wrote:
In post 352, Amici Curiae wrote: We are Gnome Ann.
I want your reads.
Chance of taking a stance n°2 after answering your question (you could've asked for a readlist before, no?)

Either way kuribo that's my stance towards you in a game were I was involved in a 1v1 during D1, please don't make me feel bad for scumreading you.
Uh...................
In post 426, Wavelength wrote:
In post 418, Ircher wrote:
In post 415, Alisae wrote:
In post 413, Ircher wrote: VOTE: Wavelength
y
Because they were being nosy earlier...
What changed between earlier when you said that you did not know if being nosy was scum indicative?
Nothing. I just feel you should be spending your time on more important things.
In post 449, Wavelength wrote: @Ircher

Gonna be nosy again.

You said you are a "Universal" Miller. We have a flipped Flavor Cop.

How would a Universal Miller interact with a Flavor Cop Invest?
Zzz... Let me ask again: what is the purpose of this question specifically? The flavor cop is dead now. Do you expect there to be a second one? I don't.

But if you must know, I investigate as "mafia-aligned" to cop-type roles and as visiting all players who died to tracking investigatives. So for a flavor cop, I'd presumably investigate as my flavor. Flavor is likely null anyway; I'm sure SirCakez randomized alignments before developing roles.
In post 422, Alisae wrote: I'm not really interested in letting you coast by a miller claim, if you want your miller claim to be treated as an IC you're going to have to work for it
I fully expect to get eliminated before the end of the game. That's just how millers work.

There has not (at least at the time I made that post) been a lot of substance to work with, so yes, my posts have been underwhelming so far. They will likely remain so for the rest of this day phase at least.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Ircher »

VOTE: Marashu
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 601, Pink Ball wrote: What I don’t get is I’ve been accused twice of “making up reads” and I’m not that stupid to say a read without having an explanation.
why did you tr lld
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 604, kuribo wrote: It is better articulated, but here's the thing: I wouldn't have asked for them if they weren't going to be useful to me. And I'm a bit more concerned that nobody, present company included, seemed to care enough to ask either.
I implied that I wanted that kind of stuff but I wasn't as direct as you were. They then got to it, idunno, honestly I regret keeping my vote on them but like it is what it is now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

LLD who are wolves
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance