Mini Theme 2290: Open ChatGPT - Game Over

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

And this is post 1000 and it's mine!

- Nyx
Hydra of Morta (Aisa), Nyx (Alianna), and Janus (RH9).
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 999, Dei Ex Machina wrote: This is a post.

- Nyx
In post 1000, Dei Ex Machina wrote: And this is post 1000 and it's mine!

- Nyx
Dayvig DEM
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Dayvig: Doctor Drew

- Nyx
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by imaginality »

I went into the night feeling like there was a decent chance Menalque was scum. Even with Porkens' shenanigans D3.

With Menalque flipping town I think Dei Ex Machina looks more likely as a scumbuddy for Titus than anyone else remaining, primarily because I doubt the final scum would be on the Titus wagon D2 after Morning Tweet got killed N1. It just seems very high risk to bus Titus and be left as the sole scum that early when there's an SK around. Especially with Titus having a very useful power.

Whereas Dei townread Titus and was off the Titus wagon.

So I lean to Dei Ex Machina as the last mafia. And biancospino or Drew for SK.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by imaginality »

Leaning slightly to Drew being SK. My read on Dei being the last mafia is stronger though.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1003, imaginality wrote: I went into the night feeling like there was a decent chance Menalque was scum. Even with Porkens' shenanigans D3.

With Menalque flipping town I think Dei Ex Machina looks more likely as a scumbuddy for Titus than anyone else remaining, primarily because I doubt the final scum would be on the Titus wagon D2 after Morning Tweet got killed N1. It just seems very high risk to bus Titus and be left as the sole scum that early when there's an SK around. Especially with Titus having a very useful power.

I definitely don't hate the DEM read you have.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 1003, imaginality wrote: I went into the night feeling like there was a decent chance Menalque was scum. Even with Porkens' shenanigans D3.

It's not high risk to bus your buddy when they're widely scumread (or at least not townread) and unlikely to endgame. I'd argue it's riskier not to jump on the wagon at some point during the day, just because it ties us to her and puts us in this exact situation.
It's also not like we were hard-TRing her and fighting to keep her alive. We just thought the case on her was kind of weak, which it was, and preferred to vote someone we actually thought was scummy. At least until I had the existential crisis that was ; after that, I didn't really know what I wanted.

- Nyx
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1006, Dei Ex Machina wrote:

It's not high risk to bus your buddy when they're widely scumread (or at least not townread) and unlikely to endgame. I'd argue it's riskier not to jump on the wagon at some point during the day, just because it ties us to her and puts us in this exact situation.
It's also not like we were hard-TRing her and fighting to keep her alive. We just thought the case on her was kind of weak, which it was, and preferred to vote someone we actually thought was scummy. At least until I had the existential crisis that was ; after that, I didn't really know what I wanted.

- Nyx
Explain the weak Titus case please.
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

It's way too late for this and three quarters of my braincells have shut down, so I'm just going to quote some posts where we discussed that. You may have had meta tells or whatever you were arguing, but that didn't mean much to us.
If you've still got questions, I'll probably get to them tomorrow when I'm functional.

- Nyx
In post 717, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 714, furtiveglance wrote: Nyx, current read on Titus, seeing that you didn't go for that wagon?
I forgot about Titus in the midst of the whole fake guilty fiasco.
She was null-maybe-scum yesterday, but on a re-read, she'd probably be
this colour
if I did another readslist. I don't find the case on her compelling as most of it is based on preflip associatives and games I didn't play in. I get the scummy vibes, but I feel like there'd also be more opposition to executing her if she were mafia. Not a single person has townread her all game. It's like the thread just decided "Titus sus amogus" and the scum have no reason not to go along with it.

- Nyx
In post 815, Dei Ex Machina wrote: Ehh am also kinda sitting on my own case of Titus-hesitation, but seeing her posting would be helpful.

It is a bit worrying to me that the case for her being scum isn't really there. The best I can see is Drew suspects her for missing a joke and furtive quoted two posts which sound TMI ish. This is just... not a lot. One could also quibble e.g. with exactly how TMIish the posts furtive referenced are.

Spoiler: Reference to the reference
In post 734, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 519, Titus wrote:
In post 518, Defective Agency wrote:
In post 516, Titus wrote:
In post 476, imaginality wrote: I don't especially like how GrandpaMo was "at the end of today I'm gonna tell you stuff that town NEED to know" and then more recently "oh it's nothing important not a big deal" but I don't think there's any value in pressing on it now.

Re. my Titus read I feel like she might be soft defending me maybe partly to get me on side and also to set up a "told you so, listen to me instead of going for easy wagons" to have more sway on future days when I flip town if I get limmed.

She feels different this game to the last I was in with her (where she was town) but that could be due to various factors (our roles that game, the fact she was sparring with Mathblade in particular, out of game stuff) so I don't place enough weight on the difference to make a meta case. It just feels less reassuring than it would if she felt the same tonewise.
Fairish. I am at idgaf. Let's go after scummy people.
narrow parking exists

-Mr. Glance
Convince me he's possible partnered with Drew. I don't see it based on recent posting unless the "not yet" post is a post meant for a PT which is stretch even if they are partners.
In post 672, Titus wrote:
In post 669, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Narrow Parking
Really, you hammered while I was doing my readwall? Are you trying to get me to tunnel you?
These posts give me TMI vibes

-Morta
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Here's the thing, titus focused on it being about her 'missing the joke'. But is was really about her reactions after the fact.

I am not gonna make a case on her again lol, but just go back DEM, read her posts, now try to defend her.

I will patiently just hang out here.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 991, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
@Mod what does lockpicking do?
In post 990, biancospino wrote:
@mod, can we know what "lockpicking" means? Is the Cop returning Town/non-Town or Mafia/non-Mafia?
"Lockpicking" means that the player's action cannot be prevented by a Jailkeeper. A cop in this game receives their result in the form of "Guilty/Not Guilty".
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:46 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1006, Dei Ex Machina wrote:

- Nyx
At the time I cast the first vote on Titus D2 the previous two posters D1 had both voted Grandpa Mo. Then after my vote and furtive also voting Titus (making it 2-2) you kept up the Grandpa Mo pressure on redff in .

You then voted Porkens right after furtive said he gets towny vibes from Grandpa Mo. And in . said you "forgot about Titus" but that seems implausible given she was equal with redff in votes at that point.

Part of you tried to throw suspicion at furtive in (admittedly the other part of you dialled that back). You cast doubt on the Titus case in .

It was only after Porkens and biancospino voted Titus (by 769) that you could say Titus was the leading wagon. At which point in you shifted to trying to get Kitty seen as Titus's scumbuddy, and trying to promote Kitty as an alternative wagon to Titus in and.

Your play that day really looks to me like you were doing all you could to find a different target for town to latch on to for the lim, and trying to tie Kitty to a Titus scumflip for good measure.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:02 am

Post by imaginality »

Lost a few words, that should read "...and arguing Kitty should be turboyeeted D3 if Titus flips scum in 867."
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

I was talking with Nyx.
And she thinks that Drew is assigning busywork.
I feel like this is what scum is trying to do.
VOTE: Drew
~Janus
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1013, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I was talking with Nyx.
And she thinks that Drew is assigning busywork.
I feel like this is what scum is trying to do.
VOTE: Drew
~Janus
That is quite the progression from saying you 'can't see myself voting for Drew' to now.

Also, you are saying I hard bussed my scum buddy on D2, when the previous Night we lost our other scum buddy, ya sure....makes sense lol.
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

For the record, I said that because I was tired and grumpy, not because I think you're scum. I actually think you're the most likely town of the three, though clearly we aren't in consensus.
What I meant by busywork is that I didn't see the point of asking me to defend a dead scum after their flip. If you want to talk about that postgame, sure, but I don't think it's a relevant discussion and it's not something I really want to put effort into doing right now (and I definitely didn't feel like doing that last night).
Also, I will take that vote off because I think we need to agree before we vote today.

UNVOTE:

- Nyx
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

What are you talking about? You brought up that it was a weak case, you can't say a case that led to scum being elim'ed is weak without an explanation.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I wish Kitty would show up so we can really get this Day going.
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 1016, Doctor Drew wrote: What are you talking about? You brought up that it was a weak case, you can't say a case that led to scum being elim'ed is weak without an explanation.
It seems like a fair request to me to request a re-explanation of something we've said in the past.
In post 1016, Doctor Drew wrote:You can't say a case that led to scum being elim'ed is weak without an explanation.
I think this is a bit of a strawman, though. I think people get eliminated for not-totally sound reasons all the time and it's completely fair game to say that a case seems a bit thin.

Nyx has re-quoted a couple posts where we discussed this at the time. Assuming you're town, does that satisfy your curiosity now? Is there anything else you want to know? I personally am happy to explain posts I've made in the past (within reason / if it feels like the conversation is going somewhere).

-Morta
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Drew... if you don't hate the vote on us and think we're scum, who is SK?
-Morta
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Imaginality, I like how much detail you've put into the case on us, but I worry that you are pushing a specific view of the world. Your argument is basically "you defended titus, here are a bunch of instances of you pushing other wagons, you must be scum with titus". Have you looked at any other aspects of our play or of other slots' play?

You seemed pretty happy with KittyTacky being Titus's buddy back on day 2 (viewtopic.php?p=13675157#p13675157). With that in mind, do you still find it suspicious that at some points (not all the time) we considered that KT might be Titus's buddy?

-Morta
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 914, biancospino wrote: Yeah, Mena, I think it's fairly obvious what sort of mechanical confirmation you have. I believe you and it's probably the likeliest you're right
What made you believe Mena?
-Morta
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1019, Dei Ex Machina wrote: Drew... if you don't hate the vote on us and think we're scum, who is SK?
-Morta
Again with the SK talk, where was the Night 2 kill then?

And the reasoning may have been weak in your eyes, but not in mine. I knew there was something there and I wasn't gonna stop pushing the issue. And you really are trying hard to say you weren't defending Titus, everyone was starting to see how she was scummy, yet you kept balking at voting her. Maybe explicitly you weren't defending her, but you certainly weren't excited to vote her.

Morta(Aisa), kinda like how you were the only one to defend me in AbLoaf when it was clear I was a goner(for everyone else here, we were both scum).

At least now you have some assistance in your hydra to be a bit more subtle about it here.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 988, imaginality wrote: I'd say yes and yes considering it's 3-1-1 now.

KittyTacky should pick the mass claim order. Arguably should also decide who's limmed today?

I understand why Menalque didn't name his target last night but if we could be certain he targeted biancospino anyhow then that would clear biancospino also. But the "if red then biancospino" in that last post doesn't make me feel entirely confident about that hypothesis.
Hmm.

I'll need a list of all claims so far. For the record I am VT. But I think we should do it in popcorn order so scum gets less of a chance to prepare their claims than when I post it all at once. Dei should claim first, then pick someone to claim.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

We are also VT.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”