Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

who knows
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 573, Oclaxian Empire wrote: ur word doesnt mean a whole lot tbh. its just a word. nothing more. that’s the funny thing abt mafia. i can claim town and it proves exactly nothing.
then how do i prove i'm town? because i did not actually "scumslip" and it's pretty ridiculous for drew to claim i did but then not push me for it
lolhammer count: 3
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:48 pm

u play the game.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by patchwork »

i am

honestly i doubt i scumslipped. like if i scumslipped go ahead
out me to the entire thread and hammer me
but it's weird that you're not even doing that?? like drew if you scumread me that much at least push me smh
you're basically just claiming i'm scum but not even telling me why you think so, that's really dumb
back up your claims with reasoning

speaking of sound arguments, furtive you have yet to quote posts from sky that ping you, i forgot about this but you can't just go "i sr her for vibes /shrug"
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:51 pm

u seem v. self aware in how ur playing which is weird if ur town in this game. masons/tprs makes sense for self awareness but we’re all the same role so why do u seem so self-aware abt ur play?

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by patchwork »

wdym self-aware
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by patchwork »

like i dont know how to phrase it better? i didn't scumslip and im confused as to why you're saying i am. but on top of that ur not pushing me for it? it doesn't make sense
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 pm

bc i dont wanna push u for something drew sees, esp since i think drew has an idea for how to push it. instead, i'm going to push u for ur self-awareness. give me a moment to pick out the posts that show *exactly* what i mean.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by patchwork »

ok at least you're explaining things
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 578, patchwork wrote: i am

honestly i doubt i scumslipped. like
if i scumslipped go ahead

but it's weird that you're not even doing that?? like drew if you scumread me that much at least push me smh
you're basically just claiming i'm scum but not even telling me why you think so, that's really dumb

speaking of sound arguments, furtive you have yet to quote posts from sky that ping you, i forgot about this but you can't just go "i sr her for vibes /shrug"
Uhh, slip number two in the bolded part?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 584, Doctor Drew wrote:

what do u want me to do, put every time i say the word "scumslipped" in quotation marks
jfc
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Only scum would scumslip.

You are very emotional right now, if you were town you wouldn't make that post.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by patchwork »

i'm literally not emotional at all what lol
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by patchwork »

like drew are you seriously going to push me on bad phrasing.... like this is abt me scumslipping. if im gonna defend myself obviously i have to ?? talk about it??? like if i scumslipped you should at least tell me how/why because i don't see it, it was supposed to be funny. and you're like "well ackshually you scumslipped and tried to turn it around" like ???? scumslip where, that post was a fucking joke that i made for laughs
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 493, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 490, patchwork wrote:
In post 487, Doctor Drew wrote: You are really anxious to kill someone it seems.

Are you already that confident in your reads, and in lockstep with your hood mate?
no not really but i do want to at least have my options open
and in case aureal isn't the hang for today i'm the one who's going to nk her
In post 491, patchwork wrote: actually it's a bad idea to announce my night action to the entire thread, my anonymous neighbor will kill her instead
What......in the actual.....fuck......is this??

Explain why you shouldn't be power elimed right now?

VOTE: Patch
like buddy are you trying to get me to explain to you why i shouldn't be eliminated when i have no idea what i even did :skull:
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:14 pm

i briefly looked at ur other games too, since im abt to shower and can post full case after but: why r u playing nothing like ur other games? u seemed much more forward and playing than concerned abt ppl not posting six hrs in.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:14 pm

i dont like meta, but that is something i think would remain consistent between games.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by patchwork »

trying to change my meta. in 2112 i was sheeping too much and primarily independent on other people who i townread, which is a bad strategy, in 2113 i was generally shit at contributing and reacted only defensively, which didn't help my case when i got tunneled.
during this game, i'm trying for more of a balance, especially because the setup is different. i'm better at townhunting than i am at scumhunting, so i'm doing that first and finding people who i townread to rally with, but i'm also trying to promote discussion and get more reads on other players more this game as well.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by patchwork »

primarily dependent* no idea how the in got there
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Spoiler:
In post 38, patchwork wrote: i'm really not that much of a newbie and i Hope i dont seem that incompetent lmao, i'm pretty garbage at scumhunting though and i've gotten scrutinized for it in basically all my games
In post 39, patchwork wrote: it's a little strange how you can be so confident in my being town on page two
i dont even feel like im coming off that way either
In post 47, patchwork wrote: no, i just want to see if other people townread me and if there's a difference in reason (and not because of your reason, which is basically "patch is super excited, town")
In post 139, patchwork wrote: and no i'm not saying that out of ego, i literally have fifty posts which is more than most of you
In post 168, patchwork wrote:
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote: Who said you were anti-town?
implications
In post 299, patchwork wrote:
In post 292, Aureal wrote:
In post 255, patchwork wrote: btw, aureal, when you have time, can we have a readlist? pretty please with a cherry on top?
I'm not typically much for doing this 'readlist' thing but since you asked nicely, in descending order of towniness:

Doctor Drew: leaning town as I feel pretty in sync with his attitude here (no I did not think his saying he "loved" Lorne's TR on patch meant he was saying it was townie), also furtive gave a meta-read that Drew is town and if furtive is scum he's probably not starting off the game with little but a TR on his partner

Oclaxian Empire: I don't agree with all their takes but asks good questions, seems to actually be trying to figure things out

Skygazer: mixed feelings, had to ISO her to even remember anything besides getting thrown off by Drew's sarcastic 'love', I don't love the talk about her neighbor being town and asking about neighbor claiming at the start but I did like the retort to Lorne about being able to change reads

patchwork: uuuuuuuuuuh I'm not nearly as sold on 'overeager town' as everyone else, I'm finding it hard to follow the deluge of posts, and the reaction to furtive's mistake seems like the sort of thing they'd say if scum partnered

Lorne Malvo: I did not like , kinda seemed like trying to direct the flow of the game, and the whole conversation about TRing patch to saying not to casually throw out townreads to acting very confident about it reads really oddly- I guess it's a serious read now but for a while there it seemed like some sort of game Lorne was playing

KittyTacky: I don't know where they're coming from with reads that are largely the opposite of how I feel and his reads give me nothing to work with to know why, also it seems kinda scummy the way he reacted to my massclaim joke

furtiveglance: possible scumslip, hasn't been much of a presence (and I kind of expect him to be a presence), and his waffling on Lorne seems like the sort of thing he'd scumread
on me: agree on the overeager town thing, though how is what i said regarding furt's "slip" partnered? i was just saying i didnt wanna jump to conclusions, so i was going with occam's razor there and assuming it's a misread, like how korina and grim both thought maf could only be paired with town
on kt: are you placing them low because you dont agree, or for other reasons?
lorne: if theyre trying to guide conversation, ehat about me?
also is sky just a vibe read? /genq
In post 406, patchwork wrote:
In post 404, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 403, patchwork wrote: ohh okay my bad
It isn't your bad, you just dont have enough confidence in yourself
i've gotten tunnelled very badly (in one game, by furtive themself) for behaviors that aren't really that scummy and based on personality so honestly it's kind of what you'd expect
In post 408, patchwork wrote: yeah i know i'm just like not willing to get tunneled over dumb shit again
glad everyone seems to tr me this game though because Oh Man
In post 543, patchwork wrote:
In post 540, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 535, patchwork wrote: glad we're seeing more aureal activity though! the main reason iu scumread her was for just not really doing much? like her early posts didn't have much substance, i could barely remember that she was even a part of this game, and the push on furtive wasn't even technically a push, but i like this a lot more.
readlist right now is probably
me
aureal
ox
sky
drew
furtive
kt
lorne

btw, furtive, i asked you earlier if you could quote some posts from sky that pinged you one way or another. could you do that when you have time? i'm interested in seeing your take on her
When did I become your top scumread?
just now obviously
if you don't want me to scumread don't appear whenever someone says something bad about you and yknow.... maybe actually do things? and this is not "drowning out conversation" btw, you've not been contributing at all for the entire game so far
In post 545, patchwork wrote:
In post 538, Doctor Drew wrote: So you are the self proclaimed 'Towniest Player in the Game!'

Nothing sketchy about saying that, nope definitely not.
i'm widely townread and i am town, therefore i am the towniest
In post 549, patchwork wrote: why me in specific huh
In post 562, patchwork wrote:
In post 558, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 534, patchwork wrote: also yeah my read on aureal has definitely changed, scum would absolutely not try to push me (towniest player in the game) as a wagon, it's counterproductive to their goal when they could push someone easier like sky or kt. it's very towny in my eyes UNVOTE:
this is also a really interesting post. scum can and will push townie players in the game. like. that's how you can start a bus on a partner.
really? in my eyes it seems counterproductive to wagon me because literally no one's going to try and wagon me, scum would probably go for easier miselims imo
In post 568, patchwork wrote: ????? no? i'm just saying i'm basically universally townread, and scum would rather prefer to pursue a miselim that's easier to deal with, like targeting one of the inactives. however, aureal goes after me, which makes her vote seem more genuine and the whole iso is good too.
In post 571, patchwork wrote:
In post 570, Doctor Drew wrote: Nah, would prefer to let you feel the heat and paranoia.
that's funny because i feel absolutely none
you can keep your vote on me but you're 100% in the wrong
In post 574, patchwork wrote: is this a reaction test???

here are 15 quotes from u that show in my opinion ur self-aware of how you're playing and how you look in the game. most of them are centered around u calling out ur being townread, or ur the towniest player. it's super weird for town to go "well i don't think i'm looking townie" type of thing. town can absolutely challenge a townread on them, but not go "i don't think i look town, the fuck?" y'know why? bc if ur town and u dont think ur looking townie, that's a problem. u know ur town. the only person who would reasonably think "i don't think i look town and that's a problem" is scum. town can think that too, yes. but scum are more focused on trying to fix it than scum for one reason: it's ok if ur town and you get miselim'd up to a certain point. we're in the point that town is reasonably ok with a mislim, and being mislim'd as town isn't that bad.

sure, it'd be bad if u think ur hood partner is town. but there's one case in the game where that'd be even more true. ur scum. u know ur partner is town or mafia. u know where ur vig shot is going. you know it's not going to be on ur partner ever, why? bc if it is, you just refuse to shoot. and guess what? the shot never goes thru. and that's just assuming ur not partnered with them. if ur partnered with them, congrats, u have the potential for a double kill, but effectively, u have a convoluted factional kill.

that's why i think ur scum. i think u trying to change ur meta is a little weird as an excuse too. like sure, u could be, but i don't think sheeping too much or playing defensively is generally a thing that could be used for meta. i think that's just u played poorly in that game, and ur trying not to play poorly this game. i just. i think ur scum. i think ur too self-aware of how ur playing and how others are perceiving u for u to realistically be town.

#CultsArentBastard
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 584, Doctor Drew wrote:

Yeah, I noticed this too. How does town not know whether or not they scumslipped? Makes me feel more confident about my vote.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 568, patchwork wrote: ????? no? i'm just saying i'm basically universally townread, and scum would rather prefer to pursue a miselim that's easier to deal with, like targeting one of the inactives. however, aureal goes after me, which makes her vote seem more genuine and the whole iso is good too.
Whose ISO are you talking about here? Is this more talk about how towny you are?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

I have no comment on most of the page 15 onwards discussion.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:46 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm happy with my vote still. Can other people vote? If unsure, vote Skygazer with me.
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:42 am

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 513, KittyTacky wrote: It can be hard to tell what's playstyle and what's just being scummy sometimes. Like if someone is acting cummy because they are scum or if they are just a Day Miller.
I do tend to act pretty cummy at times :hot_face:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”