Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.03

Arko (3):
Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, Bellaphant.
Oclaxian Empire (1):
BloodB0t.
BloodB0t (1):
Ranger.

Not Voting (4):
KawaiiKame, AurorusVox, Aisa, Arko.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-16 19:40:55).
Last edited by Alianna on Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Arko »

I think it means the creator of the system? Also yeah same computer-same meatspace location hydra is actually an interesting idea. Plot twist: it will probably be done by them and maybe 1 or 2 other attempts and that's it.

Ninja'd by Vanders - Have nothing to say on this. Mega quote wall, 1 sentence question. not town, not scum.
Ninja'd by Ali - It is yours! Enjoy it while it lasts.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

In post 122, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 110, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 95, AurorusVox wrote: (I guess that’s the challenge of a hydra account) so not sure why arko would be singled out for it.
Also technically not a hydra in the typical sense - its more akin to a meatspace hydra. We’re a system, meaning there’s multiple people in our head, who all have are their own unique identity.

I kinda instinctually know what Grim’s going at when posting, but not 100% certain, but we normally have notes for each other to read and play off of.
If you're one person why do you have a main account?
What. There’s one physical body that we share, but we’re not one person. There’s multiple people in this body. Korina is the main because that’s been the online persona before figuring out we were a system, and it remains our online persona because we’re not particularly out about being a system everywhere.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Arko »

Nah I get it now. It's your playstyle account where you can switch the playstyles and stay the same person. Neato.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:28 am

In post 126, Arko wrote: I think it means the creator of the system? Also yeah same computer-same meatspace location hydra is actually an interesting idea. Plot twist: it will probably be done by them and maybe 1 or 2 other attempts and that's it.

Ninja'd by Vanders - Have nothing to say on this. Mega quote wall, 1 sentence question. not town, not scum.
What does this even mean
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:28 am

?????????

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:28 am

Let me finish CS and I can explain what being a system is

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:30 am

Or Ranger can if she comes around before we finish CS

#CultsArentBastard
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Arko »

In post 129, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 126, Arko wrote: I think it means the creator of the system? Also yeah same computer-same meatspace location hydra is actually an interesting idea. Plot twist: it will probably be done by them and maybe 1 or 2 other attempts and that's it.

What does this even mean
I'm saying it's a hydra that uses the same computer and has all it's members located in the same space.
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Arko »

Anyways, I'm gonna be on site but not really doing much, might still reply, might not.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:46 am

In post 126, Arko wrote: I think it means the creator of the system? Also yeah same computer-same meatspace location hydra is actually an interesting idea.
Plot twist: it will probably be done by them and maybe 1 or 2 other attempts and that's it.

Sorry, I mean bolded part

#CultsArentBastard
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Arko »

In post 135, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 126, Arko wrote: I think it means the creator of the system? Also yeah same computer-same meatspace location hydra is actually an interesting idea.
Plot twist: it will probably be done by them and maybe 1 or 2 other attempts and that's it.

Sorry, I mean bolded part
Ahh, I meant it's most likely not gonna be attempted by anyone else except for a few people as a concept.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:49 am

What won't be?

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:51 am

Sorry, your words actually are making zero sense to us atm

#CultsArentBastard
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Arko »

In post 138, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Sorry, your words actually are making zero sense to us atm
I mean I doubt there will be much systems besides you and a few others.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:05 pm

In post 139, Arko wrote:
In post 138, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Sorry, your words actually are making zero sense to us atm
I mean I doubt there will be much systems besides you and a few others.
grim: it's estimated that about 1-3% of the population might be effected by did, which doesn't include osdd or other forms of dissociation which is another 4-7%. i'd have to find it, but that comes from the plurality discussion thread in the speakeasy. i can see abt finding studies that correlate w/ that tho later. for context too: abt 2% of the population has red hair.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:06 pm

Spoiler: small explanation about what plurality is - this is not game-relevant to anything except explaining our account for the sake of clarity
In the simplest, most layman way of explaining it to people on this site without getting into the full details about it, plurality is effectively an IRL hydra. All members of the system, (hydra), are located in the same place, in the same body, at the same time. It's the same exact way that two people in a hydra account on this site are different people and different identities, except instead of being two different
physical
bodies, they are the same
physical
body. And just like how two people in a hydra would have different opinions or views on matters, people in the system share exactly that.

Me, (Kori), and Grim are not the same person. We have different likes, tastes, and appearances in headspace. Headspace is a very complicated thing to explain in detail, and there are plenty of resources that can explain it better than we can. But the very tl;dr is headspace is a place all of us in the system can go to, and interact with when we're not actively dealing with the front. That's why we switch between Grim and I, because sometimes we switch around who is actually playing the game. Which, it's easy to tell the difference between Grim and I when we post, since this is all just me, (Kori.) Grim posts in all lowercase and rarely uses punctuation and shorthands a lot. If you look at the games from Vex Vience - that's Grim's account. That's the account it plays on by itself, and that's more or less its posting style.

This thread, the Plurality Discussion Thread in the speakeasy has a lot of great resources. If you have access to the Speakeasy, I recommend reading through it to get a more comprehensive understanding of what plurality is, rather than our quick and dirty explanation. If you don't have Speakeasy access, I'd look into getting it at some point during this game, or after if you're truly curious about plurality and want to know more. We advise against googling stuff about it, since there's a lot of misinformation out there. The links we provide at the end are all good, and asking (with consent!) a system about their experiences are also - all really good resources, along with the aforementioned thread. This Speakeasy thread from LLD is also good.

more than one, plurality resource, about plurality. (this link uses multiplicity, which is the old term for plurality), plurality hub

#CultsArentBastard
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Arko »

In post 141, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
Spoiler: small explanation about what plurality is - this is not game-relevant to anything except explaining our account for the sake of clarity
In the simplest, most layman way of explaining it to people on this site without getting into the full details about it, plurality is effectively an IRL hydra. All members of the system, (hydra), are located in the same place, in the same body, at the same time. It's the same exact way that two people in a hydra account on this site are different people and different identities, except instead of being two different
physical
bodies, they are the same
physical
body. And just like how two people in a hydra would have different opinions or views on matters, people in the system share exactly that.

Me, (Kori), and Grim are not the same person. We have different likes, tastes, and appearances in headspace. Headspace is a very complicated thing to explain in detail, and there are plenty of resources that can explain it better than we can. But the very tl;dr is headspace is a place all of us in the system can go to, and interact with when we're not actively dealing with the front. That's why we switch between Grim and I, because sometimes we switch around who is actually playing the game. Which, it's easy to tell the difference between Grim and I when we post, since this is all just me, (Kori.) Grim posts in all lowercase and rarely uses punctuation and shorthands a lot. If you look at the games from Vex Vience - that's Grim's account. That's the account it plays on by itself, and that's more or less its posting style.

This thread, the Plurality Discussion Thread in the speakeasy has a lot of great resources. If you have access to the Speakeasy, I recommend reading through it to get a more comprehensive understanding of what plurality is, rather than our quick and dirty explanation. If you don't have Speakeasy access, I'd look into getting it at some point during this game, or after if you're truly curious about plurality and want to know more. We advise against googling stuff about it, since there's a lot of misinformation out there. The links we provide at the end are all good, and asking (with consent!) a system about their experiences are also - all really good resources, along with the aforementioned thread. This Speakeasy thread from LLD is also good.

more than one, plurality resource, about plurality. (this link uses multiplicity, which is the old term for plurality), plurality hub
Ok that's actually really interesting. thanks for sending that.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 123, Vanderscamp wrote:
Spoiler: Context
In post 113, Aisa wrote:
In post 89, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 47, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: fwiw, i expect the rvs vote to change, and i dont realistically think ull die from my vote, but it did elicit a reaction from u and that’s the thing i wanted from u.
Strong read that OE and Arko are not scum together, I don't think you say "I don't think you'll die from my vote" if your plan is to bus.
Tell me more?
In post 92, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 84, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 49, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 46, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: i’m calling it’s e-2 so scum cant quickhammer. i dont like
ur phrasing of “its technically NAI”
like it implies that there’s somehow a chance its townie in this setup to setup spec.

realistically, the only setup spec that actually matters is
if it’s better to townhunt or scumhunt the whole game
bc trying to switch between both seems like a bit much.

also, ur reaction to my e-2 vote is interesting and i wanna think abt it.
VOTE: Oclaxian Empire For
nitpicking
and
creating a false dichotomy

Personally I think we should scumhunt on days we will be sending people to hell and townhunt on days we will be sending people to heaven, and that people's preferences on this don't really matter all that much. I say take the approach that works best for you.

I also thought Arko's 'reaction' was another NAI thing, and your approach here seems a bit forced.
In post 50, Bellaphant wrote: ^ is town.

I TL Bella for this. Stating a read early on, and I, too, understand.

I think I understand Ranger's perspective that BloodB0t could be distancing, too. Idk my read on Blood overall though. I considered Oclaxian Empire + Arko scum together, seems like page 3 could be playful ribbing between teammates. Ironically I think Ranger could also be scum looking for an angle, partnered with one or more of {BloodB0t, Oclaxian Empire, Arko}.

The only actual read I have is the Bella townlean, the rest are scenarios I'm musing but I have no take on their relative likelihood.
You think page 3 sounded like playful ribbing?

I didn't get that impression at all.
In post 85, Aisa wrote: Sorry, I originally skimmed page 3 but on a more careful reread "playful ribbing" is not the right description.
Yeah whoops. Initially I had looked at a few posts and my brain decided that the rest of the interaction must have been more of the same.

Do you still want me to tell you more?

I think my first post summed up my point and I think their interactions since then where Ox seemed very annoyed just strengthen my read, and I think it's fairly clear.
Having thought about it, you're right about the interactions since meaning they are unlikely to be partnered. And establishing that feels like the most important point in this conversation.

I had questions such as:
- Why isn't "I don't think you'll die from my vote" something you say when you bus?
- Why is it such a strong read? -> I think I understand this one now
- In a world where Arko and Oclaxian Empire were both scum, would they be more likely to hard bus or to distance just a little bit? Is "I don't think you'll die from my vote" unlikely in both scenarios? -> Also feels like a pointless question at the moment
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Aisa »

Actually, could you humour me and still try to answer some of those questions?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 143, Aisa wrote:
In post 123, Vanderscamp wrote:
Spoiler: Context
In post 113, Aisa wrote:
In post 89, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 47, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: fwiw, i expect the rvs vote to change, and i dont realistically think ull die from my vote, but it did elicit a reaction from u and that’s the thing i wanted from u.
Strong read that OE and Arko are not scum together, I don't think you say "I don't think you'll die from my vote" if your plan is to bus.
Tell me more?
In post 92, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 84, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 49, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 46, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: i’m calling it’s e-2 so scum cant quickhammer. i dont like
ur phrasing of “its technically NAI”
like it implies that there’s somehow a chance its townie in this setup to setup spec.

realistically, the only setup spec that actually matters is
if it’s better to townhunt or scumhunt the whole game
bc trying to switch between both seems like a bit much.

also, ur reaction to my e-2 vote is interesting and i wanna think abt it.
VOTE: Oclaxian Empire For
nitpicking
and
creating a false dichotomy

Personally I think we should scumhunt on days we will be sending people to hell and townhunt on days we will be sending people to heaven, and that people's preferences on this don't really matter all that much. I say take the approach that works best for you.

I also thought Arko's 'reaction' was another NAI thing, and your approach here seems a bit forced.
In post 50, Bellaphant wrote: ^ is town.

I TL Bella for this. Stating a read early on, and I, too, understand.

I think I understand Ranger's perspective that BloodB0t could be distancing, too. Idk my read on Blood overall though. I considered Oclaxian Empire + Arko scum together, seems like page 3 could be playful ribbing between teammates. Ironically I think Ranger could also be scum looking for an angle, partnered with one or more of {BloodB0t, Oclaxian Empire, Arko}.

The only actual read I have is the Bella townlean, the rest are scenarios I'm musing but I have no take on their relative likelihood.
You think page 3 sounded like playful ribbing?

I didn't get that impression at all.
In post 85, Aisa wrote: Sorry, I originally skimmed page 3 but on a more careful reread "playful ribbing" is not the right description.
Yeah whoops. Initially I had looked at a few posts and my brain decided that the rest of the interaction must have been more of the same.

Do you still want me to tell you more?

I think my first post summed up my point and I think their interactions since then where Ox seemed very annoyed just strengthen my read, and I think it's fairly clear.
Having thought about it, you're right about the interactions since meaning they are unlikely to be partnered. And establishing that feels like the most important point in this conversation.

I had questions such as:
- Why isn't "I don't think you'll die from my vote" something you say when you bus?
- Why is it such a strong read? -> I think I understand this one now
- In a world where Arko and Oclaxian Empire were both scum, would they be more likely to hard bus or to distance just a little bit? Is "I don't think you'll die from my vote" unlikely in both scenarios? -> Also feels like a pointless question at the moment
Because by saying that sentence they're downplaying the importance of the bus vote and basically foregoing any cred they would get from it.
If they thought that, they could just choose to not say it and it looks better.

I have no idea what the answer to your third question is but I think it's unlikely in both, moreso the hard bussing one.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I like the read even more now because if Ox is scum they're clearly fairly image focused.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Aisa »

In some ways I find Vanders sooo towny. The above post, for example ^
BUT
I'm still worried he's scum. Send help!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Alianna »

KawaiiKame is being prodded.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 121, Oclaxian Empire wrote:why do u not think arko?
Well for a start you're not scum with Arko so if you're scum, Arko's not.

But even if you're town, Arko's the towniest slot in the game to me rn. I vibe hard with Arko.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”