he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 98, Umlaut wrote: Page 1-2:
  • Very strong town vibes on ΛΔ just from page 1 alone
  • Ranger self-voting is gross and I don't like it (but I don't know if it's scummy gross or just regular gross)
  • Sail's is so cheeky I want to townread them for that alone
  • Intangible scum vibes on Penguin for which their later posts don't help
  • Cephrir is dead null, seems like a hard player to read
why do you think the self vote is gross, if it isn't scummy? I get the idea of self voting being gross when that's tied to an emotional play or something that goes against wincon. but there on p2 it was a meaningless vote so I take issue with you pointing it out as if it's meaningful, and I want you to expand on why you think its gross and why it could potentially be scum indicative.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 101, Detective Penguin wrote: oh math symbols...haha..hilarious
they're greek letters you uneducated penguin
Detective Penguin
Detective Penguin
Goon
Detective Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:14 am

Post by Detective Penguin »

i'm a freaking bird detective man...i don't know what to tell you except OH WAIT THEY ARE BOTH USED IN MATH TOO OMG WHAT??!?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Gimli »

lmao okay
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 104, Gimli wrote:why do you think the self vote is gross, if it isn't scummy? I get the idea of self voting being gross when that's tied to an emotional play or something that goes against wincon. but there on p2 it was a meaningless vote so I take issue with you pointing it out as if it's meaningful, and I want you to expand on why you think its gross and why it could potentially be scum indicative.
On reflection saying "not sure whether scummy" was technically true but I should have been clear I sort of do find it scummy. Not the self-vote itself, because people self-vote as town all the time (even though I think it's dumb), but the self-vote in combination with what came before and after.
In post 29, Ranger wrote:Pretty sure role flips in setup but not night of acting if I remember correctly so will say I act N1. (I should double-check that but full disclosure; I actually forgot this was an open. Thanks to how flavored it was I thought it was a theme. xD)

VOTE: Ranger

I don't see LLD opening this way as scum but it's not worth the effort of debating my alignment with her.
This all seemed like an overreaction to being suspected. Making a claim and self-voting and saying "I don't see any point in arguing this" seems like something you might do as town if you are on the chopping block already but not in response to one person saying you are scum, so it comes off to me as someone trying to "react the way town would react" rather than just exhibiting their true reaction.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

Page 3 stuff

In post 51, Ranger wrote: {Lady Lambdadelta}
{Save The Dragons, Gimli}
{Sail, Detective Penguin, Ethel}
{Korina, (Radical Rat, Umlaut), Cephrir}
{furtiveglance}
{redFF}
Explain Dragons and Gimli townreads? As of this read list neither had done anything but pop in and say hi as far as I can tell. I would have put them right around the nulls.
In post 55, furtiveglance wrote: Penguin what do you make of the LLD/Ranger thing
I like furtive trying to do something here

Penguin starting to look a bit better on page 3, maybe put in null zone.
In post 62, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: These reads lists from Ranger get progressively worse lmfao

every SINGLE one has the tell
Are you going to tell the tell or are you keeping it to yourself? (Sail asking the same question in is... good I guess, but not something to hang a read on, it's a pretty obvious question)
In post 69, Ranger wrote:
In post 62, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:every SINGLE one has the tell
I'm quite certain I don't have anything which would be called "the tell".

Perhaps you're thinking of someone else?
Literally the whole point of a tell is that you don't know if you have it. If you knew, and you still had it, it would be called "throwing."
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Umlaut »

Actually

VOTE: Ranger

Best wagon right now. I think this may be L-1 but Ranger can always just unvote herself if she doesn't like that. Don't hammer, lots of day left.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 78, Gimli wrote: I have two reads
In post 29, Ranger wrote:
I don't see LLD opening this way as scum but it's not worth the effort of debating my alignment with her.
I normally see the hypersolving as a townie trait, but I understand that for ranger this is something she replicates as mafia. nonetheless I think the ranger's townread on LLD looks genuine, when I think as a wolf someone would be more inclined to OMGUS' LLD's push.

my other read is that furtive is more likely a townie because he is trying to interact with detective penguin - a slot that he had to kill n1 as a serial killer last time - and I think he is more likely to do that as town this time
I like this post for town a lot (even though I don't agree with the reasoning on Ranger -- I think OMGUS is dead as a tell and has been for a long time)

In post 82, Ethel wrote: I am both confused and amazed at what you all are able to read, but I will try my best to learn this secret language so I may assist in the reading of things.
Ethel, are you an actual new player or an alt?

In post 88, Ranger wrote: I certainly have enough scumgames to have scumtells. The one you're applying seems meant for someone else. It genuinely COULDN’T apply to me, because I haven’t played until my return this year.
I don't think LLD has said what the tell is, so how do you know it can't apply to you?

In post 89, Ranger wrote:
In post 82, Ethel wrote:I am both confused and amazed at what you all are able to read, but I will try my best to learn this secret language so I may assist in the reading of things.
In post 83, furtiveglance wrote: Ethel same, me every game
In post 84, Sail wrote:VOTE: Gimli
Self-reminder to sort these when home.
I don’t think all are town or all are scum.
Now this feels like town!Ranger, but I haven't played with scum!Ranger that I can recall so I don't know what to do with that.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Ranger »

Hi, still a few hours from a desktop, promise I'll respond to everything then, but for now:
In post 111, Umlaut wrote:I don't think LLD has said what the tell is, so how do you know it can't apply to you
You lack critical information. (Context.)
I know what the tell is because I know what LLD is referring to.
LLD has used this tell many times before.
Many, MANY times.
I have the tell memorized because I was a spectator in every game it was used. (Literally
every
game it was used, I spectated. Without exception.)

I know the tell doesn’t apply to me because every use of the tell--EVERY use of it--was at one player (without exception). It is a tell specific to that player. LLD doesn’t use it for any other player. Just one.

And thus, I know the tell doesn’t apply to me because I am not that player. As a player, I've been hiatus since 2019 (maybe, idk, don’t remember if I played that year), previously 2016 before that. (I only returned to playing this year.) The tell LLD is referring to didn’t start being used until after I had stopped playing.

LLD of all people should know that, too; it’s genuinely baffling she’s implying she doesn’t.

As for the self-vote, it’s simply efficiency.

There’s not going to be any elimination other than me unless LLD miraculously realizes she’s off-base. Her push warps the game in an unhealthy way.

Arguing with LLD is a waste of time and effort. I'll point out that she really should know better, I'll correct her, I'll clarify, but ultimately she has the erroneous read. The impetus to change is on her; nothing *I* do will change her mind.

I know this from said past experience spectating. If I thought she was scum, it'd be worth engaging, but I feel town is more likely.

My time is better spent giving reads for after my flip.

Will do precisely that in a few hours.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:52 am

Post by redFF »

I voted ranger cause i like wagons
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:53 am

Post by redFF »

In post 96, Ranger wrote: Mobile readslists are a pain, and am too busy for a full one.
Have a temporary list.
{LLD, Gimli} (LLD down + Gimli up)
{Penguin*} (need to explain this)
{Nulls}{nonposters}{temporarily, the 3 I need to sort}
{redFF}

It’s obvious redFF is scum piggybacking off LLD's erroneous scumread, but I don’t expect her to realize this until I flip town. (Small chance LLD’s actually scum, since a town-LLD I'd expect to be self-aware her hard-pushing p1 warps the game, but I still think town's more likely.)

redFF is obvscum tho, cruising off an effectively free D1.
Is it obvious? Im not so sure...
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 112, Ranger wrote: Hi, still a few hours from a desktop, promise I'll respond to everything then, but for now:
In post 111, Umlaut wrote:I don't think LLD has said what the tell is, so how do you know it can't apply to you
You lack critical information. (Context.)
I know what the tell is because I know what LLD is referring to.
LLD has used this tell many times before.
Many, MANY times.
I have the tell memorized because I was a spectator in every game it was used. (Literally
every
game it was used, I spectated. Without exception.)

I know the tell doesn’t apply to me because every use of the tell--EVERY use of it--was at one player (without exception). It is a tell specific to that player. LLD doesn’t use it for any other player. Just one.

And thus, I know the tell doesn’t apply to me because I am not that player. As a player, I've been hiatus since 2019 (maybe, idk, don’t remember if I played that year), previously 2016 before that. (I only returned to playing this year.) The tell LLD is referring to didn’t start being used until after I had stopped playing.

LLD of all people should know that, too; it’s genuinely baffling she’s implying she doesn’t.

As for the self-vote, it’s simply efficiency.

There’s not going to be any elimination other than me unless LLD miraculously realizes she’s off-base. Her push warps the game in an unhealthy way.

Arguing with LLD is a waste of time and effort. I'll point out that she really should know better, I'll correct her, I'll clarify, but ultimately she has the erroneous read. The impetus to change is on her; nothing *I* do will change her mind.

I know this from said past experience spectating. If I thought she was scum, it'd be worth engaging, but I feel town is more likely.

My time is better spent giving reads for after my flip.

Will do precisely that in a few hours.
if this was the inverted reads thing i'd just say it, lmfao

i'm not shy.

it's not that.

and it's specifically for reading you, so why share it now?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

the tl;dr is ranger doesn't know what they're talking about, but they're doing a lot of talking to escape this for someone who has resigned themselves with a vote.

It's scum, it's just scum. It's murderin' time.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:01 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Morbin time
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I want to get the game going a bit more including all players

Even best case scenario if Ranger flips scum it's like ok LLD is town and what else

I'd like to get more out of today
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 111, Umlaut wrote: Ethel, are you an actual new player or an alt?
I am a... wait, what's the lore of this again? Oh right - I am of course an ambitious young magician from the beautiful city of Enhasa who is honored by this opportunity to serve her majesty the Queen. Although I have been educated in the matter of intrigues and schemes, this is my first time experiencing a scenario such as the current one firsthand. I am still trying to decipher the code most of you seem to use, but not to worry, I'll have it figured out soon enough. Admittedly, I am finding it hard to follow some of the reasonings that have been made about the indentity of any Earthbound Ones, so I will observe and learn before making any such accusations myself.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 82, Ethel wrote: I am both confused and amazed at what you all are able to read, but I will try my best to learn this secret language so I may assist in the reading of things.
the secret is that everyone is kind of full of BS at this point c:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 96, Ranger wrote: Mobile readslists are a pain, and am too busy for a full one.
Have a temporary list.
{LLD, Gimli} (LLD down + Gimli up)
{Penguin*} (need to explain this)
{Nulls}{nonposters}{temporarily, the 3 I need to sort}
{redFF}

It’s obvious redFF is scum piggybacking off LLD's erroneous scumread, but I don’t expect her to realize this until I flip town. (Small chance LLD’s actually scum, since a town-LLD I'd expect to be self-aware her hard-pushing p1 warps the game, but I still think town's more likely.)

redFF is obvscum tho, cruising off an effectively free D1.
alright, since you say i'm confusing you with someone else: can you explain why redff is scum?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

i know i should leave my vote where it is right now but there's something else i want to do with it right now. decisions
Bartleby the Scrivener
Detective Penguin
Detective Penguin
Goon
Detective Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Detective Penguin »

In post 122, Cephrir wrote: i know i should leave my vote where it is right now but there's something else i want to do with it right now. decisions
you should decide to do it
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Cephrir »