Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Black »

In post 118, hebichan wrote:
In post 112, Black wrote: Does she actually have a scumread on you or was she fishing for reactions in RVS? It's hard for me to tell
I feel like she actually does since she was pushing me after my initial reaction.
In post 125, hebichan wrote:
In post 123, Rogue wrote: HNNNNNNNNG maf silver

@hebi iirc I saw somewhere you mentioned a townread on LLD. Why?
Cause I've played a zillion social deception games with her and the way she's playing is just how she plays town.
It seems you only refuse to elaborate on reads when it conveniences you

I will not complain about your play but I do think this is scummy
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 350, Black wrote:
In post 118, hebichan wrote:
In post 112, Black wrote: Does she actually have a scumread on you or was she fishing for reactions in RVS? It's hard for me to tell
I feel like she actually does since she was pushing me after my initial reaction.
In post 125, hebichan wrote:
In post 123, Rogue wrote: HNNNNNNNNG maf silver

@hebi iirc I saw somewhere you mentioned a townread on LLD. Why?
Cause I've played a zillion social deception games with her and the way she's playing is just how she plays town.
It seems you only refuse to elaborate on reads when it conveniences you

I will not complain about your play but I do think this is scummy
Then vote me if you think it's scummy.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 347, hebichan wrote:
In post 346, Black wrote:
In post 337, hebichan wrote: Porkens is my most confident scumread. Your flip would be more interesting. You flipping town always results in me voting porken tomorrow, you flipping scum would likely make porkens town cause why buddy so close to a scum partner.
You did not elaborate on your scumreads at all

Also I think this approach is scummy. You say my flip is more interesting but it just looks like you are taking the easy way out on my mobile wagon instead of starting your own with Porkens
I live with greyice and LLD. All greyice ever does is tell me explaining reads is scummy.
How tf is explaining reads scummy?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 277, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I guess that's possible.

But if Xyzzy is town and Hebi is scum if we flip Xyzzy Hebi doesn't die for a while.

The inverse isn't the same. If Hebi is town we can course correct onto Xyzzy scum pretty easily.
Stick to your word. If you’re going to death tunnel death tunnel otherwise play mafia without the tunnel.

Because you’re playing this like a soft bus and that makes me unhappy. If you’re town it’s bad play. If you’re not town… I’ll entertain that possibility.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 262, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 251, Wavelength wrote:
Interestingly, 2nd place is probably Black for , but I don't know that the two slots make sense together on a cursory glance.

VOTE: black
In post 211, Black wrote:
In post 204, Aureal wrote: Why would I not want to help eliminate hebi if I was a wolf- is she a wolf?
LLD and Grey seem to think so
This all Black said in this post, why does this scum ping you? Feels pretty innocent to me-unless semi sheeping is scummy to you

I can't speak for Wavelength, but bringing up other people made me a little concerned about Black because in the game we played together, early on she kept referring to me. "Aureal, do you think this is X? Aureal what do you think about Y?" Nobody ever wants
my
opinion that much, so I started to wonder if she was scum trying to hide behind me. Turns out, she was!

On the other hand, I read that DN game and her playstyle doesn't seem noticeably different there as town than the game I played with her. I feel like her style is not far off from how I play, she's just a lot better at it. So I'm also concerned that Frogs could be wrongly 'pinged' by all those Black posts because I know my style can easily ping veterans who have certain expectations on how scum will play.

So, still hoping Black is town, I think Porkens made some decent points on her, but going to keep an eye on her. A closer eye than last game when I let her get away, sigh.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 280, Porkens wrote: As others have noted, xyzzy's hop onto hebichan's wagon slightly smacks of distancing. I agree that if hebichan is scum, xyzzy is partner-leaning.

I don't see a town motivated reason why Aureal unvotes hebichan in 91. At that point, I don't have a strong townread on hebichan. Aureal doesn't express one either. Why not wagon hebichan? Someone at Y-2 is kinda the end of RVS in my opinion, but Aureal seems to be sticking with goofiness at that point. Regardless of hebichan's alignment, I scumread Aureal for this. hebi's omgus vote on aureal is bad too.

Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying I'm scum with hebi for getting off her wagon and xyzzy is scum with her for taking the spot that I had just vacated?

@_@

Most uncoordinated scum team ever?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Are we supposed to assume you’re some sort of hive mind?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Because unless the scum are the borg, one of you can do one thing and one another. Do you strike you as the sort of person to coordinate RVS?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 285, xyzzy wrote: is pretty silly. E-2 is, as a matter of fact, not the same thing as E-0. there are situations where putting the game at E-2 as town would be incredibly reckless and would be a reason to read me as scum. that wasn't one.
Hi!

Feel free to think it's silly.

I did ask why you were in such a hurry for a hebi wagon, and I haven't seen a response.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 357, GreyICE wrote: Because unless the scum are the borg, one of you can do one thing and one another. Do you strike you as the sort of person to coordinate RVS?

I can't coordinate RVS, I don't have anyone to coordinate with. I have no idea if it's more common than now. But scum get to talk at any time in a PT, right? Seems like the sort of thing one would talk about there would it? Trying to imagine how that would look. "Hey guys I'm an RVS vote on hebi and now it's E-2 so I'm getting off." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FOOOOOOOL NOW I'VE GOTTA TAKE YOUR PLACE SO WE CAN BUS THIS RVS WAGON THAT WON'T LOOK SUSPICIOUS AT ALL"
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 301, Porkens wrote:
In post 55, Black wrote: VOTE: Rogue

Who let the dogs out?
protown willingness to pressure

So I gotta ask. What exactly is protown about this willingness to pressure?

Or is willingness to pressure just inherently protown in your view?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Popping in to say that I don't think leaving a wagon (that you joined as rvs) because it hit e-2 on page 4 is scummy.

"Wagon big. Wagon fast. Am suspicious."

Is a perfectly plausible townie thought process.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:17 pm

Post by Wavelength »

And also, kawaii, you did not answer my question for you :(
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 337, hebichan wrote: Porkens is my most confident scumread. Your flip would be more interesting. You flipping town always results in me voting porken tomorrow, you flipping scum would likely make porkens town cause why buddy so close to a scum partner.

I don't follow the logic here at all. If you think one is town and one is scum, shouldn't you want to vote for the one you're most confident about?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 332, Wavelength wrote: Kawaii, did you think that Hebi was asking about people being quiet in general? Or did you think that Kokichi was on one of the wagons?
In general, was asked if anyone looked uncharacteristically quiet since voting, only one who fits this description is Kokichi
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Thank you.

So both Kawaii and Habi said that they switched from the context of voting inside of [habi/black] mid conversation, but I actually think that it only makes sense for one of them.

Kawaii's response just now made it clear that they were responding to just the most recent post, not the whole chain. So lets look at just the most recent post that each one was responding to.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Kawaii:
In post 321, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 320, hebichan wrote: I'm kinda unfamiliar or just have played with a lot of these people in a long time. Anyone being uncharacteristic in how quiet rhey are since voting?
0nly one who fits this is Kokichi
This seems plausible. Just reading this post, the question is divorced away from the wagons, and it is just about people going quiet.

But here is Hebi:
In post 320, hebichan wrote:
In post 318, KawaiiKame wrote: It is vague,
I'm voicing my thoughts on what's likely/wanting to narrow down who in the Black/hepi wagons is most likely scum, making notes
I'm kinda unfamiliar or just have played with a lot of these people in a long time. Anyone being uncharacteristic in how quiet rhey are since voting?
Hebi is responding to a post that is explicitly saying that they are trying to narrow down the people voting those two. AND has made notes on those people.

Even with narrowing down on the most recent post they are responding to, I don't actually believe that Hebi switched to talking about votes in general.

VOTE: Hebi
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 353, GreyICE wrote:
In post 277, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I guess that's possible.

But if Xyzzy is town and Hebi is scum if we flip Xyzzy Hebi doesn't die for a while.

The inverse isn't the same. If Hebi is town we can course correct onto Xyzzy scum pretty easily.
Stick to your word. If you’re going to death tunnel death tunnel otherwise play mafia without the tunnel.

Because you’re playing this like a soft bus and that makes me unhappy. If you’re town it’s bad play. If you’re not town… I’ll entertain that possibility.
Fine, you're right. I'm loathe to keep my word in the way you want because I'm afraid that I'm 100% right, and that doing this thing which is me doing this only because my heart feels bad for Hebi will result in me being unable to kill Hebi even after I seek other avenues.

But if I'm feeling that way, all my other pushes are toothless by definition because I just want to kill Hebi instead.

I'm not soft bussing shit. If you just wanna flip Hebi, let's just flip Hebi. Otherwise, let me work my way into it, lol.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 351, hebichan wrote: Then vote me if you think it's scummy.
VOTE: hebi

e-2?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:11 am

Post by Black »

In post 354, Aureal wrote: I can't speak for Wavelength, but bringing up other people made me a little concerned about Black because in the game we played together, early on she kept referring to me. "Aureal, do you think this is X? Aureal what do you think about Y?" Nobody ever wants my opinion that much, so I started to wonder if she was scum trying to hide behind me. Turns out, she was!
I see where you are coming from but did you really get this vibe from my LLD/Grey comment? You asked me if hebi is a wolf and since I'm not sure I referred to the experts' opinions. In the newbie game I tried to pocket you but I do not see that here with this comment
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:22 am

Post by Black »

I do not understand the Wavelength case on hebi. I have read it twice and I am still not getting it for some reason
In post 361, Wavelength wrote: Popping in to say that I don't think leaving a wagon (that you joined as rvs) because it hit e-2 on page 4 is scummy.
I agree

I have not been able to read Aureal very well this game though. She seems to be playing more loose? than when we last played... I think is the best way to describe it. She seems less tense but I am not sure if this is AI or not

I am not a big fan of her where she implies she does not know for sure how the scum PT works. Aureal, how many games have you played scum here and do you have a scum game you could link me?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 314, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 311, Frogs wrote: to me Black just feels like they are drifting in the waves of the thread, getting pushed around like a piece of driftwood. i don't see the town drive or thought process going on anywhere.
In post 231, Black wrote: Sure. I am always down to pressure kawaii

VOTE: Kawaii
this post pinged me the hardest

-cakez
Black knows me so I don't feel this is scum motivated, I feel it's town motivated to pressure me since we played b4, feels town to be drifting initially, I do feel town thought with questioning even if drive might be so-so
I do believe Black feels semi lost though in a way she didn't feel b4
couldn't Black be taking advantage of this to buy towncred with you? i guess it's just WIFOM at that point

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 am

Post by Frogs »

i agree with Hebi that my Porkens read could change/depend a lot on Black's alignment

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:36 am

Post by Frogs »

i like it seems like a real townie thought process and believable conclusion

-sc
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:47 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 248, Black wrote: I think I am wary of Kokichi due to a game we just played together but I can see how that can be interpreted as me boxing him in
No need to be scared of me. Would this face lie?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”