Newbie 2114: Life Imitates Art...in Memes! -- End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Elpis »

I am around now, and I am sad about the dragon replace :(
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Elpis »

As I read through page 68, I was going to get to the end and post that I felt comfortable voting dragon, but as I am at the current, now it seems like you've decided you aren't anymore, so if you feel like patch would be the better choice, or bewolkt, I would fall in line with that. However, I don't know that I really have changed my mind personally on the dragon vote, even if I do enjoy his personality, he still has been focusing a lot of negatives at times that make me suspect, which you pointed out.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Elpis »

Also, I apologize for being less active as I have been in the past, there's been a lot to be busy over lately, and I don't have access to my desktop, and pure mobile is difficult to keep up on

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Elpis »

I also might be drunk within the hour, so my typing or analysis may become less effective soon

- Griffin Mcelroy
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Kanna »

the only good thing about dragon’s rep out is time has stopped so we might still have some more discussion time

@mod: please can we get an updated time limit?
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Kanna »

I think dragon looks worse with his bewo push vs bewo’s defence which I found pretty good, but I’m willing to think that dragon was actually approaching the angle that bewo was already scum. because of the vote and all

silly elpis, the best analysis happens when you’re drunk

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Elpis »

Lmao, well then maybe i'll provide some excellent top notch analysis

- Griffin Mcelroy
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Kanna »

elpis, did you see my team analysis post? I trust you are town, and if you can trust me, we literally just have to find one town in the trio of [dragon, patch, bewo] to win.

at the moment, I feel like dragon is actually the town here… I’ll go have lunch and then sit down to summarise things

Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1758, Kanna wrote: elpis, did you see my team analysis post? I trust you are town, and if you can trust me, we literally just have to find one town in the trio of [dragon, patch, bewo] to win.

at the moment, I feel like dragon is actually the town here… I’ll go have lunch and then sit down to summarise things
I did! I'm leaning on bewo town personally, but truly it could be any of the 3. Dragon felt too aggressive, and patch feels like they just aren't providing as much as I would like them to. Patch also feels like they're avoiding attention through inaction. I also feel like bewolkt's last post was solid?

- Griffin Mcelroy
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1755, Kanna wrote: the only good thing about dragon’s rep out is time has stopped so we might still have some more discussion time

@mod: please can we get an updated time limit?

The exact amount of extra time will be determined when I have a replacement, but I'll add 2+ days to the deadline.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by patchwork »

in all the games ive seen so far all maf pairs are newb/se, is it that or just randomly generated?
lolhammer count: 3
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1761, patchwork wrote: in all the games ive seen so far all maf pairs are newb/se, is it that or just randomly generated?

All roles are randomly assigned. I use the Sequence Generator at random.org to assign random roles. Every player in a Newbie game has a 2/9 chance of rolling Mafia.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Kanna »

i think i gave bewo too much credit for doing the bare minimum tbh. in general, i am more likely to fos stronger players due to paranoia if people with a low-post playstyle aren't pinging me too much. but that doesn't mean i am more likely to be right that way. in a vacuum, it's not like bewo has towntold enough that he couldn't be scum

i think yeah, dragon's case was too nitpicky because he was trying too hard to be convincing that it actually made bewo look better, however what dragon did still makes sense as town because he already knew bewo was scum. i would rule this 1v1 out as being particularly conclusive either way.

the scumteams

dragon/patch -- i did think this very likely before, but i don't anymore. since elpis you and i did not hammer bewo on e-1, we are confirmed not to be scum with dragon. bewo is also very unlikely to be scum with dragon due to interactions. in the event dragon is limmed and flips scum, his partner is very obviously patch. so that means the only way a dragon/patch team wins if we lim bewo. HOWEVER seeing how strongly i was pushing for dragon, do they really put all their eggs into 1 basket and bank on me not being able to convince you to vote dragon? that seems like a massive risk and i don't think scum would ever put themselves in that kind of position.

dragon/bewo -- very very unlikely due to interactions. that d1 readlist debacle, dragon's super willingness to lim them at other points during the game, and today's 1v1 are genuine to be staged. if it was, then cool, they deserve the win, but i won't vote them just for to that 1% probability.

patch/bewo -- this is probably what's happening. objectively speaking, these two have contributed the least today and a very likely explanation is that they're scum who are happy with the way town is eating itself. this is also really pingy
In post 1549, bewolkt wrote: Would you guys be willing to vote Dragon? I also feel quite unsure of any solve but out of all possible scumpairs that I’m considering Dragon is in most of them
In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
in both cases, dragon and i presented our scumteams and said that we'd be fine voting for either. in a patch/bewo world, i can definitely see these quotes being a way to subtly push the vote onto a townie instead of their partner for a faster win. the reasons themselves are very vague -- bewo's being "most of my teams have dragon in them" but they haven't expressed any of their teams/thought process so this could just be an excuse. patch's reason is also sort of a cop-out reason i can see being an excuse. lastly, i feel like patch bussing bewo here seems to be the kind of move scum would make to make them seem unaligned. it's a good move and it makes sense.

patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 1763, Kanna wrote: and a very likely explanation is that they're scum who are happy with the way town is eating itself.
i'm just generally burnt out (with two Cs!) and also regretting having joined so many games
In post 1763, Kanna wrote: this is also really pingy
already explained this
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by patchwork »

also i feel like i've been participating a decent amount so idk why you say that
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by patchwork »

tinfoil: bewo/elpis
will probably explain later
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1763, Kanna wrote: i think i gave bewo too much credit for doing the bare minimum tbh. in general, i am more likely to fos stronger players due to paranoia if people with a low-post playstyle aren't pinging me too much. but that doesn't mean i am more likely to be right that way. in a vacuum, it's not like bewo has towntold enough that he couldn't be scum

i think yeah, dragon's case was too nitpicky because he was trying too hard to be convincing that it actually made bewo look better, however what dragon did still makes sense as town because he already knew bewo was scum. i would rule this 1v1 out as being particularly conclusive either way.

the scumteams

dragon/patch -- i did think this very likely before, but i don't anymore. since elpis you and i did not hammer bewo on e-1, we are confirmed not to be scum with dragon. bewo is also very unlikely to be scum with dragon due to interactions. in the event dragon is limmed and flips scum, his partner is very obviously patch. so that means the only way a dragon/patch team wins if we lim bewo. HOWEVER seeing how strongly i was pushing for dragon, do they really put all their eggs into 1 basket and bank on me not being able to convince you to vote dragon? that seems like a massive risk and i don't think scum would ever put themselves in that kind of position.

dragon/bewo -- very very unlikely due to interactions. that d1 readlist debacle, dragon's super willingness to lim them at other points during the game, and today's 1v1 are genuine to be staged. if it was, then cool, they deserve the win, but i won't vote them just for to that 1% probability.

patch/bewo -- this is probably what's happening. objectively speaking, these two have contributed the least today and a very likely explanation is that they're scum who are happy with the way town is eating itself. this is also really pingy
In post 1549, bewolkt wrote: Would you guys be willing to vote Dragon? I also feel quite unsure of any solve but out of all possible scumpairs that I’m considering Dragon is in most of them
In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
in both cases, dragon and i presented our scumteams and said that we'd be fine voting for either. in a patch/bewo world, i can definitely see these quotes being a way to subtly push the vote onto a townie instead of their partner for a faster win. the reasons themselves are very vague -- bewo's being "most of my teams have dragon in them" but they haven't expressed any of their teams/thought process so this could just be an excuse. patch's reason is also sort of a cop-out reason i can see being an excuse. lastly, i feel like patch bussing bewo here seems to be the kind of move scum would make to make them seem unaligned. it's a good move and it makes sense.
The two teams you find likely involve bewolkt, so I am inclined to believe we should try to get more information there, or consider voting? It seems like something we would've done naturally if dragon was not replaced, though I wonder if dragon's replacement will give us more information about their identity than perhaps dragon did

- Griffin Mcelroy
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1764, patchwork wrote:
In post 1763, Kanna wrote: and a very likely explanation is that they're scum who are happy with the way town is eating itself.
i'm just generally burnt out (with two Cs!) and also regretting having joined so many games
In post 1763, Kanna wrote: this is also really pingy
already explained this
mafia and school don't mix, i learnt that firsthand &_& good luck with school!

and yes, i saw and i knew what you meant even from the original quote, but i don't really buy it

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1767, Elpis wrote: The two teams you find likely involve bewolkt, so I am inclined to believe we should try to get more information there, or consider voting? It seems like something we would've done naturally if dragon was not replaced, though I wonder if dragon's replacement will give us more information about their identity than perhaps dragon did
eurrghh tbh i'm very scared of voting because i don't want to make the wrong decision. with this recent change of my thoughts especially... i think i need a bit of time. what type of information do you think would be beneficial? do you feel like voting? if so, who?

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Kanna »

oh bewo, sorry i'm stupid. technically i feel like 3 teams are possible -- patch and bewo are in two of them -- and 1 team is very possible. that is the bewo/patch team

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Kanna »

*patch and bewo are in two teams each

dragon/
patch

dragon/
bewo

patch
/
bewo

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Kanna »

bewo can you vote patch? elpis and i should be confirmed town fypov because we are not hammering you. your only plausible team is dragon/patch.

patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by patchwork »

actually it's kanna/elpis probably! we love gutreads
In post 1768, Kanna wrote: mafia and school don't mix, i learnt that firsthand &_& good luck with school!

and yes, i saw and i knew what you meant even from the original quote, but i don't really buy it
yeah i was like "let's get out of my depression by a good old game of mafia" and look where that went

and ok if you dont buy it idk what to say then??? how does that even ping you, fmpov you're scum and it's better to eliminate someone manipulative than someone lurky
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Kanna »

are you scumclaiming? bewo is on e-1 and the game is still ongoing, we would've hammered LONG AGO

Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Elpis »

I mean on further consideration....shouldn't we hammer? Isn't bewolkt high suspicion?

- Griffin Mcelroy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”