Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

which is prob what Bingle wants to check so at some point, maybe tomorrow when I'm on a plane again, I'll try to find a "late game guilty" sample
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Bingle »

Pretty much, although I’m more interested in whether you shift into shut up and lim or if you continue being analytical in face of a guilty.

Your reaction to this is really off, imo. You are a very careful player as town, examining all sides of the situation, but today you’ve been getting into semantic details that are at best a distraction, getting aggressive with Ali for doing exactly what Ali would do regardless of alignment when you previously got aggressive at ircher for not doing what Ali is doing, and in general being super aggressive about slamming this lim through.

All on a day phase that would be the literal optimal day phase for a fake guilty via failed doc. If anything, I’d expect town you to be more interested in unpacking what aliscum would mean than trying to push through an elimination you clearly expected to go through without any assistance.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4213, Save The Dragons wrote: im really exhausted from being so wrong.

declare: board of elections
i guess? useless role but it keeps someone on the council which might be good? i don't know? i don't know?

i see a lot of arguing and i can't really sus it out.

like maybe lld is right and it's furtive and i'm just an idiot. i think lld is town now and maybe i should listen to her. i think gl is town. i thought bingle was town but now i'm not sure. i don't really know about other people. i wish we had more than one flip correct.

i dunno sorry for the lame defeatist post. let me look at the meowth wagon again?
Board is entirely useless. Without board we still have enough roles to confirm multiple town on council and thus trustworthy pt reporting. At this point, the pt is pretty much useless anyway, except as a way to confuse people outside of the pt and to give GL ample opportunity to find things that aren’t actually scum slips. Going forward, we should let board disappear and focus on having actual elections between the useful roles. Of course, we hopefully overfund tonight and that means no prs tomorrow, but for the next day there is literally no use of board that is pro town.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Bingle »

If anyone hasn’t declared I’d like competition on the cm seat, btw. Uno was cm yesterday and I’m not sure yet how I feel about uno cm redux.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Bingle I think what you're missing is that I've been getting progressively more and more frustrated with the combo of this PL either not agreeing with me on things or being notably dead/absent

like the main reason I've been more forward today is because it feels like if I don't this game is going to be the same as D2 and D3 and I am actually tired of compromising, it has not worked

also I would dispute that I'm not still being analytical, I've been engaging with sheep and furtive and even thought I caught you on a slip briefly

also also if you're referring to my points about Alisae when you say "semantics", it's absolutely not a "distraction", it's an argument about how Alisae is playing for public opinion rather than playing to speak e's truth. If you're referring to something else then I'd like to know what you mean
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4227, Bingle wrote:At this point, the pt is pretty much useless anyway, except as a way to confuse people outside of the pt and to give GL ample opportunity to find things that aren’t actually scum slips.
And what is the point of this comment? I could understand it as good natured ribbing if you think I'm town and are just making a joke at me, but if you think I'm scum it feels like shading me over something that's non-indicative at all, if not straight up town-indicative?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also just saying it's a "distraction" is kind of a joke itself, like what am I distracting from? What are you bringing to the table that were all supposed to be listening and paying attention to instead?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

anyways I gotta do wedding pt 2 now so Ima give the thread space and be off for the rest of the day probably

and clearly me doing volume posting isn't getting results I want either so I'm gonna put up after I shut up and reread the game and try to present some Grand Theories of what happened D1 and D2 that we haven't revisited in light of all the townflips

enjoy your weekend errbody
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4229, GuiltyLion wrote: also also if you're referring to my points about Alisae when you say "semantics", it's absolutely not a "distraction", it's an argument about how Alisae is playing for public opinion rather than playing to speak e's truth. If you're referring to something else then I'd like to know what you mean
Sure. Your point is that Alisae is playing to survive here, which is fundamentally true. The problem with that as an argument is that 'playing to survive' isn't an alignment indicative argument when someone is mechanically implied to be scum. Proving that Ali wants to live is... Not really a thing? It's a distraction from what is actually the way we evaluate this claim, which is to figure out how likely the hoops you went over actually are. Fundamentally, they mean that my operating theory of the scum power this game is flawed, which would imply that town has been unlucky, mechanically, but also IF scum has a roleblocker I could definitely see them using it here. The questions I have to ask is "Would scum have a roleblocker?" and "What does Ali scum/town actually mean for the gamestate?"

Even from a position where you believe that the failed doc is a 100% case, the thing you should be arguing there is that there was a failed doc. Trying to get Ali limmed on the back of "Ali is trying to live" is not a good look at all. I'm not sure if that's an ineffective argument tell or an overblown performance which is the whole point behind asking for the meta.

The scumslip thing was absolutely a joke, and not at all to do with the game itself. I do think the attempt at finding a scumslip from me is 100% the towniest thing you've done today. The point of the comment was that regardless of who is in the PT, we should be making our decisions in the main thread at this point.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:29 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Bingle do you believe that I have a greater than random chance to be town because I didn’t perform the N2 kill? If so, can you convince other people?

I’m deciding between running for sheriff or cm
To be clear: quack
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4234, SleepyKrew wrote: Bingle do you believe that I have a greater than random chance to be town because I didn’t perform the N2 kill? If so, can you convince other people?
Yes and Do I have to right now? It seems to me that protecting you is pretty low on the list of things I need to do.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:40 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Why would the most sus scum player do the kill? Are you really arguing that?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4234, SleepyKrew wrote: Bingle do you believe that I have a greater than random chance to be town because I didn’t perform the N2 kill? If so, can you convince other people?

I’m deciding between running for sheriff or cm
declare cm
I will vote for you
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:46 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 4235, Bingle wrote:
Yes and Do I have to right now? It seems to me that protecting you is pretty low on the list of things I need to do.
Not something you have to do immediately, but both positions I’m considering running for would be a contested election. Hoping you can help me win
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:48 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 4236, furtiveglance wrote: Why would the most sus scum player do the kill? Are you really arguing that?
pay attention to the thread smh
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

DECLARE: Council Member
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:02 am

Post by UNOwen »

What’s this? First Bingle steals my keynote day 4 policy for his own campaign and now he bankrolls a challenge against me from a former sheriff caught sleeping on the job?

Politics is a brutal business...
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Alisae »

Can we all vote for a swift election phase?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Alisae »

just get votes in and say fast election
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4239, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 4236, furtiveglance wrote: Why would the most sus scum player do the kill? Are you really arguing that?
pay attention to the thread smh
What's the argument then? That you would do the kill and the cop check if you were scum? I think you wouldn't.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4244, furtiveglance wrote: What's the argument then? That you would do the kill and the cop check if you were scum? I think you wouldn't.
The argument is that there are a lot of town power roles that straight up aren't going to be used on a claimed cop, like JK or roleblocker, and the slot is the least harmful to the scumteam if it goes down to a power role like watcher or rolestopper. The counterargument is "What about tracker?" But I don't think tracker is what scum were interested in playing around on night 2, given that I wasn't able to delay my funding claim to closer to deadline because of RL and 'really powerful role' being tracker would be hilarious given the tracker costs less than the JOAT to activate. Additionally, even in the case of Tracker, Skrewscum can just sit back and wait to see if LLD is going to announce a tracker guilty and at least try to duck the elim with "I was copping pooky." where no other person in the thread could possibly have been visiting anyone that night. Which, notably is not what Skrew did. And let's be clear: scumSkrew wouldn't need to do the cop check. Because scumSkrew would have this thing called access to the scum PT.

It's not a slam dunk towncase because there are reasons not-skrew would make the kill (being less aware of mechanical optimization choices than I expect being the big one) but it's 100% why LLD made the right choice of target with Skrew, even if potentially not the right choice of power.

Didn't I already say all of this?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

towncasing myself a little more: I could've just claimed no result instead of clearing Andante if I was scum. I wasn't fully funded.
this will be the last of me towncasing myself
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4246, SleepyKrew wrote: towncasing myself a little more: I could've just claimed no result instead of clearing Andante if I was scum. I wasn't fully funded.
this will be the last of me towncasing myself
Wouldn't no result have forced us to kill you? Like, mechabically speaking.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

This is why I have only full funded fyi.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »