Micro 1076: Divide and Conquer [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by The Bulge »

had osuka backed off of krile upon learning their main thatd be +town but he didn't really just got distracted by the doctor
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 116, Ausuka wrote:
In post 111, osuka wrote: that's not as stupid of a post as you might think though. it's a strategy that actually sounds
reasonable by virtue of being adjacent to another that actually is
viable (that is, to choose the execution in the small hood)
This strategy sounds kind of bad and also not fun to play. Is there something I am misunderstanding about it
if we correctly lim from the tiny hood we have a conftown tomorrow
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 199, The Bulge wrote: wording is sorta confusing there, **i don't get the sense that he's trying to convince anyone etc
That is partially correct, I do think they were flailing and using every trick in the book to not answer a simple question.....which I think is scum indicative.

But emotions were getting involved as well, which is why I stepped a way a bit.

I want to the game to breathe a bit more and more people to get involved, and not just be osuka and I yelling at each other.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 184, Firebringer wrote: i think krile being scum would be spicy.
I haven't liked any of WaltertheDunce10 takes especially with osuka but i think we are just disaggreeing on how scum play here so not really interested in arguing with him or pushing because of that
Fair enough
I also have not played in a long time so that is prob also a factor.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 pm

In post 198, The Bulge wrote: drew's push is bad but doesn't make sense from scum if osuka is town, no real sense that he's trying to convince anyone to wagon up it's just a lot of emotions
I agree with this as I don't feel scum would pursue this so far and it was quite emotional
On Osuka I am not sure about as much however they both seemed frustrated at each other.
However 178 and 177 181 feels like asking a person to change is not effective.
I do feel with Firebringer's post below that there could be a scum there if he is also scum as a way to calm down the flames of his partner particulary seeing that he told Osuka to calm down multiple times.
In post 182, Firebringer wrote: "player better and ill be nicer" is an approach that i don't think he has ever actually worked and if anything just makes things more hostile.

ur better of not doing that and flipping coins to get better outcomes than just being rude and expecting the other person just to have a change of attitude/play because of you being rude.

kind of like yelling at a customer service person and thinking that actually gets them to do their job harder or better because they are on hot seat. no, they just gonna be angry and less likely want to help you out and complain about you later.

all of this to say, we can be critical and give constructive feedback to improve each other without having to be dicks.

I should go back and lay down now, im tired
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by The Bulge »

firebringer and osuka cannot both be scum
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by The Bulge »

and i have only the most boring scumreads, gn
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:18 pm

In post 204, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 198, The Bulge wrote: drew's push is bad but doesn't make sense from scum if osuka is town, no real sense that he's trying to convince anyone to wagon up it's just a lot of emotions
I agree with this as I don't feel scum would pursue this so far and it was quite emotional
On Osuka I am not sure about as much however they both seemed frustrated at each other.
However 178 and 177 181 feels like asking a person to change is not effective.
I do feel with Firebringer's post below that there could be a scum there if he is also scum as a way to calm down the flames of his partner particulary seeing that he told Osuka to calm down multiple times.
In post 182, Firebringer wrote: "player better and ill be nicer" is an approach that i don't think he has ever actually worked and if anything just makes things more hostile.

ur better of not doing that and flipping coins to get better outcomes than just being rude and expecting the other person just to have a change of attitude/play because of you being rude.

kind of like yelling at a customer service person and thinking that actually gets them to do their job harder or better because they are on hot seat. no, they just gonna be angry and less likely want to help you out and complain about you later.

all of this to say, we can be critical and give constructive feedback to improve each other without having to be dicks.

I should go back and lay down now, im tired
Never mind that they are both in the same chat so that cannot be true
Pedit
Yes i just realized that
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 206, The Bulge wrote: and i have only the most boring scumreads, gn
boooo
i want to hear ur boring reads
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

kind of leaning town on bulge given him wanting to elim in three hood. but i also want to hunt more in the bigger hood instead of focusing on people in my hood if that makes sense.

in essence i want to go for the easy scum but focus on everyone else first. end the day on 3p hood cause 50/50 odds is just too good
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 194, Krile wrote: My round started was gonna be Yuri espoir
tell me all about yuri espoir or u die
VOTE: Krile
Show

WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:26 pm

In post 209, Firebringer wrote: kind of leaning town on bulge given him wanting to elim in three hood. but i also want to hunt more in the bigger hood instead of focusing on people in my hood if that makes sense.

in essence i want to go for the easy scum but focus on everyone else first. end the day on 3p hood cause 50/50 odds is just too good
Who do you see as scum?
You are in the 3 person hood so do you feel either of the people in your hood is more likely?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 211, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 209, Firebringer wrote: kind of leaning town on bulge given him wanting to elim in three hood. but i also want to hunt more in the bigger hood instead of focusing on people in my hood if that makes sense.

Who do you see as scum?
You are in the 3 person hood so do you feel either of the people in your hood is more likely?
i said who i think as scum if ur asking for my own hood gun to head right now its osuka. But im not gonna focus on my hood till i think i got a good grasp on ur hood and want to hunt there.

r u guys using hood right now? we aren't using our hood at all just discussing if we should even bother using it.
Show

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ok, emotions have dissipated

I mentioned a bit of a tinfoily theory earlier, I have stewed on it a bit and have really thought it could be a thing. I am not locked into it 100%, but I will propose it to the class to discuss.

I believe osuka/krile was setup as scum theater. Not sure if krile's Minority Report post was on purpose, but was the set up nonetheless.

Osuka had umbridge with post 37 by krile, which seemed like a jokey post. When questioned on what was so bad about it, well you all saw what happened. Lots of OMGUS and misdirection. I do give a bit of pause because I don't know if osuka is normally like this, and anyone with experience with them can fill me in on that.

Before osuka and I had it out, Krile voted me in a weird spot.....which osuka called out actually. And Krile said it was RVS, which Ausaka wanted a bit of an explanation about.

It was right here I wanted a bit more explanation for the scum read on Krile, and when osuka lost their shit. They got heat they didn't expect, and lashed out as a defense in hopes that Ausaka and I would stand down.

Went balls deep making me look like the worst player ever and forgetting about Krile, and Krile just kinda disappeared.

Got so defensive from a simple question, went out of their way to make me look bad.

Also asked everyone if I act like I do normally, yet also hinted that they know my game lol. Don't think I didn't catch that slip you amateur.

I will post the receipts when I need to.

Osuka and Krile are scum together.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:47 pm

In post 212, Firebringer wrote:
In post 211, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:

Who do you see as scum?
i said who i think as scum if ur asking for my own hood gun to head right now its osuka. But im not gonna focus on my hood till i think i got a good grasp on ur hood and want to hunt there.

r u guys using hood right now? we aren't using our hood at all just discussing if we should even bother using it.
I guess I see the validity of that.
Who is it then in our hood then because I don't feel there is a thing as easy scum and feels like you may be opportunistically going after an easy elim.
There have been posts in our hood.
I don't like the way you seem to be asking about easy scum hunting then voting the manga on krile while deflecting on who scum might be. And then asking about the hood seems odd as it seem you are trying to fish out how much it is being used.
VOTE: firebringer
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

did u read my prior posts about krile?
i don't know what u even talking about with opportunism here we are day 1 at page 9, we are nowhere near an elim and i don't want us to do fast elims.

also what do u mean by deflecting on who scum might be? i said where i wanted to focus. If u want to focus on my hood go for it
Show

WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:06 pm

In post 215, Firebringer wrote: did u read my prior posts about krile?
i don't know what u even talking about with opportunism here we are day 1 at page 9, we are nowhere near an elim and i don't want us to do fast elims.

also what do u mean by deflecting on who scum might be? i said where i wanted to focus. If u want to focus on my hood go for it
Yes but I dont get the feeling that is a scumread.
I feel that by saying easy scum you arrive at the most easiest conclusion instead of a proper one where scum can be found. I find that to be you possibly hedging later in the day instead of solving. The easy scum would in the 3p would it not? Lastly, I don't feel that focusing on one hood over the other will yield a better result as trying to naturally solve will bring the right conclusion than being focused in one direction too much.
Do you have any scumreads rn in the bigger hood?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

not understanding how that is a deflecting of who is scum.
r u saying if i don't focus my energy on my hood now and that since i am "hedging" i give myself room to vote whichever later? I guess thats what ur saying?

okay well i think we are arguing over how to play rather than reads here.

also Krile is in the big hood and is the one i am voting, i don't have any other reads to discuss right now.
Show

WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:22 pm

In post 217, Firebringer wrote: not understanding how that is a deflecting of who is scum.
r u saying if i don't focus my energy on my hood now and that since i am "hedging" i give myself room to vote whichever later? I guess thats what ur saying?

okay well i think we are arguing over how to play rather than reads here.

also Krile is in the big hood and is the one i am voting, i don't have any other reads to discuss right now.
yes not the focusing on your hood though but the hedging for later.
That could be.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by Greeting »

Checking in. Never played this format before, hope it will be fun.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Greeting »

I just finished reading 9 pages of nonsense. I don't know what I expected.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 213, Doctor Drew wrote: Ok, emotions have dissipated

I mentioned a bit of a tinfoily theory earlier, I have stewed on it a bit and have really thought it could be a thing. I am not locked into it 100%, but I will propose it to the class to discuss.

I believe osuka/krile was setup as scum theater. Not sure if krile's Minority Report post was on purpose, but was the set up nonetheless.

Osuka had umbridge with post 37 by krile, which seemed like a jokey post. When questioned on what was so bad about it, well you all saw what happened. Lots of OMGUS and misdirection. I do give a bit of pause because I don't know if osuka is normally like this, and anyone with experience with them can fill me in on that.

Before osuka and I had it out, Krile voted me in a weird spot.....which osuka called out actually. And Krile said it was RVS, which Ausaka wanted a bit of an explanation about.

It was right here I wanted a bit more explanation for the scum read on Krile, and when osuka lost their shit. They got heat they didn't expect, and lashed out as a defense in hopes that Ausaka and I would stand down.

Went balls deep making me look like the worst player ever and forgetting about Krile, and Krile just kinda disappeared.

Got so defensive from a simple question, went out of their way to make me look bad.

Also asked everyone if I act like I do normally, yet also hinted that they know my game lol. Don't think I didn't catch that slip you amateur.

I will post the receipts when I need to.

Osuka and Krile are scum together.
do i have to point out why this is ass-backwards?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by osuka »

actually fuck it i'll do it anyways

let's assume scumteam is me and krile. what the fuck kind of theater is that? why am i the one screaming and she just fucks off and doesn't post anything? that barely qualifies as theater at all. the only reason we got in the shouting match we were in was your "open wolfing" question, which i'm not going to go into again, but is important here - how could we have planned that? how do we account for a townie asking a question that so far most have agreed is bad, then going on with a push that so far most people have agreed is bad?

i should point out that i can "handle heat" just fine and that i am not at all threatened by that sort of shit. i can and have redirected and defended against much worse than that as scum. side note: how does ausuka come into the story here? she was barely involved

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 213, Doctor Drew wrote: Also asked everyone if I act like I do normally, yet also hinted that they know my game lol. Don't think I didn't catch that slip you amateur.
i'm calling your bluff right now. where did i hint i knew your game?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by osuka »

because to be unequivocally clear: i fucking do not

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”